PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor lone striker AGAIN tomorrow?

Hibee87
27-08-2011, 10:24 AM
was just in the shop and the evening news caught my eye the front page headline said somthing like caldo eyes oconnor lone stiker role :rolleyes:

looks like we will be handing the yams a nice easy victory again why cant calderwood see that gaz IS NOT a lone striker.

im not saying that 5 in midfield might not be needed as herarts normally play 5 in the middle and destroy us but FFS cant CC see that up againt webster and zali that gaz will win all in the air. get sodje on there as he has the height and muscle to win in the air and play gaz behind just waiting for the knock downs.

Leithenhibby
27-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Can you no just wait and see :agree:

Westie1875
27-08-2011, 10:29 AM
was just in the shop and the evening news caught my eye the front page headline said somthing like caldo eyes oconnor lone stiker role :rolleyes:

looks like we will be handing the yams a nice easy victory again why cant calderwood see that gaz IS NOT a lone striker.

im not saying that 5 in midfield might not be needed as herarts normally play 5 in the middle and destroy us but FFS cant CC see that up againt webster and zali that gaz will win all in the air. get sodje on there as he has the height and muscle to win in the air and play gaz behind just waiting for the knock downs.

Do you really think CC has told the EEN his tactics allowing them to print details in the paper the day before the match? :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
27-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Well thats that then..... papers never lie! :boo hoo:

hibs0666
27-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Nowt wrong with 451 when you've not got the ball, so long as you can turn it into 424 when you do have it.

hibiedude
27-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Lets forget what the papers say but the point you raise about 1 up front has not worked in any of the games this season and i'll be shocked if we keep this formation for the game tomorrow.

Spike Mandela
27-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Would seem more logical to do it at Tynie than to do it at home against St Mirren.

So probably 4-3-3 tomorrow:rolleyes::greengrin

Lofarl
27-08-2011, 12:09 PM
He better not play 4-5-1 in a Derby. No manager should ever play such a defensive formation in a derby, ever. Untill we are 4-0 up with 5 mins to go.

hibsbollah
27-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Cant see him playing 451 now. Its obvious we dont have the personnel for it.

BoltonHibee
27-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Maybe Gary O in the hole, with Sodje up top. Gary O played very well dropping into midfield for the ball and providing the link on Tuesday night. 2 holding midfielders and two wider. Different opposition on Sunday granted but I thought there was a bit more fluidity to the formation on Tuesday.

PISTOL1875
27-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Maybe Gary O in the hole, with Sodje up top. Gary O played very well dropping into midfield for the ball and providing the link on Tuesday night. 2 holding midfielders and two wider. Different opposition on Sunday granted but I thought there was a bit more fluidity to the formation on Tuesday.

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

1two
27-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Nowt wrong with 451 when you've not got the ball, so long as you can turn it into 424 when you do have it.

Agree with that. Although I don't think its the best formation for tomorrow i do think we now have the legs to make this work with sproule and sparky.