PDA

View Full Version : Happy Clapping Reflection

Aubenas
26-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Always been a Happy Clapper. Reason - because I love Hibs unconditionally. I always want them to win and do well but I don't moan incesantly when things are going wrong. Why not? Because it achieves nothing except making me depressed and all I can do to show displeasure is walk away from them, and as my family has been supporting them for 117 years, that ain't gonna happen.

As we head to Tynecastle, there's a whole load of stuff which will be true next week, even if we get beaten on Sunday - and it's all good news.

:agree:We are a stable club that isn't about to disappear. That's basic - anyone who lived through the Mercer takeover bid will recall the awful gut wrenching feeling that there is the possibility of there not being a Hibs.

:agree:The Club is well run - no unpaid debts, late bonus payments or non-appearance of wages here.

:agree:The completed stadium is awesome - a quote I've heard in the past months from Celtic, Sunderland, Everton and Killie fans.

:agree:The training complex reflects the fact that we ARE a big club in our league. Most recruits from England have said it's the best they've seen.

:agree:Players want to come to Hibs - those like Ivan, Gaz, Nid and Towell, who've been here before, want to come back. Others like Ozzie, Thornhill,
Agogo, Sodje and O'Hanlon, who had other options, chose Hibs. ( and incidentally were happy to play for CC)

:agree:We have the most sustainable wage structure in the league and best wages outside of the madness of the OF and Hearts.

:agree:We have, after CC's signings, 6 U21 internationalists in the squad, and quality competition for virtually every position

:agree:In a squad of 31 listed, we have 14 from our Youth Academy, 6 of whom are already first team regulars. This is a phenomenal record, given we sold off Brown, Whittaker, Fletcher, Thomson, and that most coaches reckon to get 2 a year making it from a youth academy is unusual.

:agree:We have a history that any team would be proud of.

OK, success on the pitch is not constant and there have been some grim times, but how many supporters of other clubs have seen three cups in 30 years? We have no right to success and sometimes we will get it right sometimes we won't - some of it is talent, some of it is hard work, a lot of it is luck. But, I have to say, if you're only supportng a team cos you want success, you're gonna be disappointed because most football supporters get 9/1 failure to success, if that.

The future's bright, the future's green and white.
Who wouldn't want to be part of that?

HibbyRod
26-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Always been a Happy Clapper. Reason - because I love Hibs unconditionally. I always want them to win and do well but I don't moan incesantly when things are going wrong. Why not? Because it achieves nothing except making me depressed and all I can do to show displeasure is walk away from them, and as my family has been supporting them for 117 years, that ain't gonna happen.

As we head to Tynecastle, there's a whole load of stuff which will be true next week, even if we get beaten on Sunday - and it's all good news.

:agree:We are a stable club that isn't about to disappear. That's basic - anyone who lived through the Mercer takeover bid will recall the awful gut wrenching feeling that there is the possibility of there not being a Hibs.

:agree:The Club is well run - no unpaid debts, late bonus payments or non-appearance of wages here.

:agree:The completed stadium is awesome - a quote I've heard in the past months from Celtic, Sunderland, Everton and Killie fans.

:agree:The training complex reflects the fact that we ARE a big club in our league. Most recruits from England have said it's the best they've seen.

:agree:Players want to come to Hibs - those like Ivan, Gaz, Nid and Towell, who've been here before, want to come back. Others like Ozzie, Thornhill,
Agogo, Sodje and O'Hanlon, who had other options, chose Hibs. ( and incidentally were happy to play for CC)

:agree:We have the most sustainable wage structure in the league and best wages outside of the madness of the OF and Hearts.

:agree:We have, after CC's signings, 6 U21 internationalists in the squad, and quality competition for virtually every position

:agree:In a squad of 31 listed, we have 14 from our Youth Academy, 6 of whom are already first team regulars. This is a phenomenal record, given we sold off Brown, Whittaker, Fletcher, Thomson, and that most coaches reckon to get 2 a year making it from a youth academy is unusual.

OK, success on the pitch is not constant and there have been some grim times, but how many supporters of other clubs have seen three cups in 30 years? We have no right to success and sometimes we will get it right sometimes we won't - some of it is talent, some of it is hard work, a lot of it is luck. But, I have to say, if you're only supportng a team cos you want success, you're gonna be disappointed because most football supporters get 9/1 failure to success, if that.

OH MAN! ....I love This!! :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
26-08-2011, 11:14 PM

In a squad of 31 listed, we have 14 from our Youth Academy, 6 of whom are already first team regulars. This is a phenomenal record, given we sold off Brown, Whittaker, Fletcher, Thomson, and that most coaches reckon to get 2 a year making it from a youth academy is unusual.

We have a history that any team would be proud of.

:greengrin:applause:
(Happy Clapper)

Count me in :thumbsup:

Franck is God
26-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Halleluja Brothers! :thumbsup:

MrSmith
26-08-2011, 11:28 PM
(Happy Clapper)

I absolutely agree with you! However, after some of the comments I received on a recent thread: pointless, no need, admins remove, pathetic, and pointless GIRFUY, lets see what happens in terms of parity and arrogance.

Jonnyboy
26-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I absolutely agree with you! However, after some of the comments I received on a recent thread: pointless, no need, admins remove, pathetic, and pointless GIRFUY, lets see what happens in terms of parity and arrogance.

Which thread?

MrSmith
26-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Which thread?

Sorry JB meant to agree with the OP.

but here is the thread: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?216076-Inverness-and-the-Happy-Clappers!

Petty I know but it really annoyed me!

Judas Iscariot
26-08-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm a "D&G'er" but that's a great post :top marks

Jonnyboy
26-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Sorry JB meant to agree with the OP.

but here is the thread: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?216076-Inverness-and-the-Happy-Clappers!

Petty I know but it really annoyed me!

Aye, got a bit tousy right enough :greengrin

cjward2
27-08-2011, 01:08 AM
:flag:It's great to know there are like-minded folk out there:flag:

Glory, glory to the Hibees
:hibees

Dinkydoo
27-08-2011, 01:55 AM
(Happy Clapper)

Me too!

Pete
27-08-2011, 01:57 AM

Just what I wanted to read before the game!

All that coupled with the fact that this Hearts team are crap has put me well in the mood!:flag:

Dinkydoo
27-08-2011, 02:01 AM

Your thread was a bit different though. If it had been a 'let's focus on the good points' type of thread then I'd have been right there with you.

Unfortunately the thread your referring to was no more than a giruy in response to the 'Inverness Happy Clappers' thread towards the Doom & Gloomers, which as I've said before is pretty sad

GGTTH :greengrin:

Darth Hibbie
27-08-2011, 05:12 AM

We are a stable club that isn't about to disappear. That's basic - anyone who lived through the Mercer takeover bid will recall the awful gut wrenching feeling that there is the possibility of there not being a Hibs.

The Club is well run - no unpaid debts, late bonus payments or non-appearance of wages here.

The completed stadium is awesome - a quote I've heard in the past months from Celtic, Sunderland, Everton and Killie fans.

The training complex reflects the fact that we ARE a big club in our league. Most recruits from England have said it's the best they've seen.

Players want to come to Hibs - those like Ivan, Gaz, Nid and Towell, who've been here before, want to come back. Others like Ozzie, Thornhill,

We have the most sustainable wage structure in the league and best wages outside of the madness of the OF and Hearts.

We have, after CC's signings, 6 U21 internationalists in the squad, and quality competition for virtually every position

In a squad of 31 listed, we have 14 from our Youth Academy, 6 of whom are already first team regulars. This is a phenomenal record, given we sold off Brown, Whittaker, Fletcher, Thomson, and that most coaches reckon to get 2 a year making it from a youth academy is unusual.

We have a history that any team would be proud of.

Reading that has put me in a good mood heading out to work :greengrin

Completely agree :thumbsup::not worth

:cgwa

Lucius Apuleius
27-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Obviously I agree as I have always been a happy clapper (horrible words :greengrin) as I simply do not see the point in getting overstressed, angry and depressed over something I have no control over. Love for Hibernian is not far off a par with my granddaughter, children and wife, unconditional.

hibbiedon
27-08-2011, 07:21 AM

Great a kindred spirit, thanks for puting into words how i feel

Ray_
27-08-2011, 07:22 AM

I hate to be the one to say it after such an inspiring post highlighting our strengths such as a wonderful stadium & training facilities & as you say, showing Hibs as the big team they are, in Scottish terms.

Your post, inadvertently, also highlights the weaknesses of our club & it is some of those weaknesses that's driving people away in droves. Despite our status over the lesser clubs, we have, for the most part, underachieved & under performed. Recent times, when the advantage grew, with the stadium & training facility, has been about the worst I've ever seen hibs play, on a regular basis.

Our history is proud, but that's what it is, history, the European adventures came in the fifties, sixties & ended with the TT's, recent times, on the few times we have managed it, they have been day trips. The three cups in thirty years is a year short of forty years & the big one has evaded us for 109 years & almost sixty years for the league.

With the infrastructure in place, hibs do have a chance to kick on, but to do so, they really have to change the habit that's almost become a lifetime.

Kaiser1962
27-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Obviously I agree as I have always been a happy clapper (horrible words :greengrin) as I simply do not see the point in getting overstressed, angry and depressed over something I have no control over. Love for Hibernian is not far off a par with my granddaughter, children and wife, unconditional.

It is unconditional and there are times you dont know why, you just do.

And if your children, grandchildren or wife dont always do so much better than everyones else's you dont scream and shout at them or tell them how useless they are or want to change them for the snotty lot along the road who went to Oxford and have a Bentley in the drive.

greenlex
27-08-2011, 07:31 AM
It is unconditional and there are times you dont know why, you just do.

And if your children, grandchildren or wife dont always do so much better than everyones else's you dont scream and shout at them or tell them how useless they are or want to change them for the snotty lot along the road who went to Oxford and have a Bentley in the drive.
:agree: You forgot the bit about telling them how much money you spent on them and you demand better.

Jim44
27-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Don't underestimate or knock the importance of Doom and Gloomers. They play an important function by creating a benchmark for the strength and quality of the euphoria of Happy Clappers. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2011, 07:39 AM
There I was about to slit my wrists slowly with paper cuts from the sharp edge of a Hibs program while mumbling into a bottle of Johnnie Walker hoqw it had all gone wrong.

Now I plan to:

- move into a boutique hotel
- procure two grams of finest uncut Colombian product
- call a top escort agency to send round two ladies
- get some chiled champers from room service

as part of my derby preparation.

Many thanks.

BEEJ
27-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Always been a Happy Clapper. Reason - because I love Hibs unconditionally. I always want them to win and do well but I don't moan incesantly when things are going wrong.
So by inference anyone who comes on here to express disappointment or frustration at what is happening at Hibs doesn't love the club unconditionally and doesn't want them to win and do well? :confused:

You love your kids unconditionally. It doesn't stop you expressing your displeasure when they step seriously out of line or when they are clearly failing over a period of time to achieve their potential. Fundamental misunderstanding in this sentence if I've understood it properly. :wink:

True. :agree:

First team squad is actually 29 strong. Handling, Forster and Caldwell are still academy players. They have a squad number but have not been given a professional contract as yet. Antell should be listed but is out on loan.

So of the 29 listed, we have 11 who have graduated from our youth academy. Still excellent and the point stands.

We have no right to success and sometimes we will get it right sometimes we won't - some of it is talent, some of it is hard work, a lot of it is luck. But, I have to say, if you're only supportng a team cos you want success, you're gonna be disappointed because most football supporters get 9/1 failure to success, if that.
This again shows a failure to understand where many folks are coming from when they dare to express their misgivings about the club they love.

There is success; there is mediocrity; then there is massive long-term under-performance. The first is wonderful, if ultimately short-lived; the second is what most Hibs supporters have come to expect; if the third scenario does NOT lead to expressions of concern and frustration from supporters who love the club, then there is something fundamentally lacking.

Sorry to rain on your parade. :greengrin In essence I'm completely at one with the positive tone of your post.

It's the stereotyping and polarisation of the support that I object to. You're either in the "happy, contented, smile-through-everything-because-they're-completely-divorced-from-the-reality-of-the- situation" squad or in the "manic depressive, wrist-slitting, thunderously angry, nothing-good-to-say- about-their-team" corner.

This is much too simplistic and the reality is that the vast majority of us are somewhere in the middle ground.

Jim44
27-08-2011, 08:25 AM
So by inference anyone who comes on here to express disappointment or frustration at what is happening at Hibs doesn't love the club unconditionally and doesn't want them to win and do well? :confused:

You love your kids unconditionally. It doesn't stop you expressing your displeasure when they step seriously out of line or when they are clearly failing over a period of time to achieve their potential. Fundamental misunderstanding in this sentence if I've understood it properly. :wink:

True. :agree:

First team squad is actually 29 strong. Handling, Forster and Caldwell are still academy players. They have a squad number but have not been given a professional contract as yet. Antell should be listed but is out on loan.

So of the 29 listed, we have 11 who have graduated from our youth academy. Still excellent and the point stands.

This again shows a failure to understand where many folks are coming from when they dare to express their misgivings about the club they love.

There is success; there is mediocrity; then there is massive long-term under-performance. The first is wonderful, if ultimately short-lived; the second is what most Hibs supporters have come to expect; if the third scenario does NOT lead to expressions of concern and frustration from supporters who love the club, then there is something fundamentally lacking.

Sorry to rain on your parade. :greengrin In essence I'm completely at one with the positive tone of your post.

It's the stereotyping and polarisation of the support that I object to. You're either in the "happy, contented, smile-through-everything-because-they're-completely-divorced-from-the-reality-of-the- situation" squad or in the "manic depressive, wrist-slitting, thunderously angry, nothing-good-to-say- about-their-team" corner.

This is much too simplistic and the reality is that the vast majority of us are somewhere in the middle ground.

:agree: I couldn't have put it better myself.

Aubenas
27-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Beej, Ray, Jim etc
Excellent responses to my post, and points out clearly where I didn't make my points well enough.
I don't like the terms happy clapper and d and g, only used it for shorthand. You're perfectly correct, most folk are somewhere between, and most of us move from one to the other. Never been so depressed as under Hughes last season and am well capable of being critical - and very vocally (ask the boys in row U!!!!!). The kids analogy is a good one - except if a kid is failing in school there's no point going to the pub and ranting about it to your mates; you'd look to encourage out of the slump in a more positive fashion I think, and not be saying as the higher results came through the door - and you've been crap since P1. I don't think unconditional love means never being critical or forthright in your disappointment, but it does mean the kid is never in doubt that you will always be there.

Ray, you're right, our past is all history, but so is the recent underachievement - we can't change either, and part of my post was trying to say - here is where we are now and at this moment it couldn't actually be much better, given where we've come from under Yogi and the relegation threat. As folk have said, looking at our squad, you'd have died for that 12 months ago.

I don't think all folk have to support Hibs the way I do. One of the joys of the support is that we all come to Hibs in different ways and for different reasons. I can't imagine not wanting to be there when Hibs are playing, but equally I have mates who are Hibs through and through but seldom go to games. I think too the way we react to the disappointments Hibs give us probably reflects our general personality and the way we react to other things in life - to each his own. Some folk seek to get dynamism out of the board by loud criticism, I tend to focus on what's gone well, and when I look around it seems to me the Hibs board is significantly better than most in Scots football (maybe not saying much:greengrin).

As to the lack of success, yes it bugs me, but I still feel more able to thole it when I see colleagues who support OF desperately picking over the other team's failings and heartbroken when they come second. MY view tends to be that appointing the right manager is a lot to do with luck. I'm not sure Dick Donald knew how great Ferguson would be when he took him to Aberdeen - it was just the idea of picking an up and coming candidate, and it worked spectaculalrly. Likewise with us - if Mowbray had left a different attitude amongst his players and Collins had made better signings, God knows where we might have reached. But certainly, despite the fans welcoming most appointments, we don't seem to have struck too lucky over the years - I suppose McLeish and Mogga would be the exceptions.

The bit highlighted about 'if you want success all the time you're gonna be disappointed' comes across a bit more stridently than I meant. Again it wasn't a GIRUY message, just pointing out that most football fans most of the time don't have a successful side to support, and thouh it's frustrating, it's an unavoidable fact of fandom!

So - not attacking anyone, not ignoring the downside, just emphasising the positive. Good to be able to discuss without rancour though (or do I mean without Rankin :wink:)
As they say - Enjoy the game!:flag:

RIP
27-08-2011, 10:14 AM
There's nae need to differentiate between us Hibbies. We all veer from HC to D&G from time to time

The most important thing for us to agree on is how we act AT THE GAME.

Cannae be any less than 100% support this season - particularly wi so many of our own in the team

hibsbollah
27-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Don't underestimate or knock the importance of Doom and Gloomers. They play an important function by creating a benchmark for the strength and quality of the euphoria of Happy Clappers. :greengrin

This focus on Doom And Gloomers on the part of the HappyClappers threatens the overlook the other important Hibs fan faction, The Bed Wettersİ. Where do they sit in the current climate?

Jim44
27-08-2011, 10:27 AM
This focus on Doom And Gloomers on the part of the HappyClappers threatens the overlook the other important Hibs fan faction, The Bed Wettersİ. Where do they sit in the current climate?

The lavvy pan might be a start.:greengrin

Dinkydoo
27-08-2011, 10:34 AM

I see them as a slightly more hysterical subset of the Doom & Gloomers.

Quite difficult to spot at times, masquerading as your typical D&G'r

:greengrin:

Sas_The_Hibby
27-08-2011, 11:16 AM
I see myself as somewhere in between a Happy Clapper and a Doom & Gloomer: a Gloomy Clapper, perhaps, or a Doopy Glooper, or a Clammy Hammer, or a floating voter, or just a floater :wink:.

JohnScott
27-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Awe how sweet. All these lovely cuddly happy clappers. All huddled together in the corner of the pub drinking their fizzy pop and half pints. Is there anything more pathetic than so called fans claiming they accept mediocrity because they are true "Hibs Supporters". Most of you havn't seen a decent Hibs team for crying out loud. And don't come back at me about my lack of support to the Hibees as 90% of you don't come close to the loyalty shown by myself and other fans sick to the back teeth of that PR disaster CC.

To the original poster I do not for one minute dispute your a great Hibs fan but even you cannot in a million years claim all is well at ER. As for your view CC's signings? Sheffield Weds and United fans wet themselves laughing when I mention Akpo. And theyre pissing about in league1. Theyre reaction says it all.

As I continually bang on about: I was part of the 1200 crowd that took in the final home game against Partick Thistle in 1980 when we were relegated. So don't ****ing dare question my loyalty or backing for the Hibs.

matty_f
27-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Awe how sweet. All these lovely cuddly happy clappers. All huddled together in the corner of the pub drinking their fizzy pop and half pints. Is there anything more pathetic than so called fans claiming they accept mediocrity because they are true "Hibs Supporters". Most of you havn't seen a decent Hibs team for crying out loud. And don't come back at me about my lack of support to the Hibees as 90% of you don't come close to the loyalty shown by myself and other fans sick to the back teeth of that PR disaster CC.To the original poster I do not for one minute dispute your a great Hibs fan but even you cannot in a million years claim all is well at ER. As for your view CC's signings? Sheffield Weds and United fans wet themselves laughing when I mention Akpo. And theyre pissing about in league1. Theyre reaction says it all. As I continually bang on about: I was part of the 1200 crowd that took in the final home game against Partick Thistle in 1980 when we were relegated. So don't ****ing dare question my loyalty or backing for the Hibs.Sodje's goals/game record is better than riordan's this year, but let's ignore that and slate him because some boys laughed at him.

hibsbollah
27-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Awe how sweet. All these lovely cuddly happy clappers. All huddled together in the corner of the pub drinking their fizzy pop and half pints. Is there anything more pathetic than so called fans claiming they accept mediocrity because they are true "Hibs Supporters". Most of you havn't seen a decent Hibs team for crying out loud. And don't come back at me about my lack of support to the Hibees as 90% of you don't come close to the loyalty shown by myself and other fans sick to the back teeth of that PR disaster CC.

To the original poster I do not for one minute dispute your a great Hibs fan but even you cannot in a million years claim all is well at ER. As for your view CC's signings? Sheffield Weds and United fans wet themselves laughing when I mention Akpo. And theyre pissing about in league1. Theyre reaction says it all.

As I continually bang on about: I was part of the 1200 crowd that took in the final home game against Partick Thistle in 1980 when we were relegated. So don't ****ing dare question my loyalty or backing for the Hibs.

This is classic bedwetting material.

By the way my cousins are season ticket holders at hillsborough and they liked Sodje, 'limited but the kind of player you want in the squad, really unlucky with injuries'. He scored in the Sheffield derby, incidentally. So dont pretend they were all desperate to see the back of himthere, they werent.

Aubenas
27-08-2011, 11:45 AM

ER - where did I say I was a'great HIbs fan'; where did I accuse anyone of anything; or question anyone's support; where did I claim 'everything is well' at ER; are you saying the players we have now aren't better than what we had under Hughes? FWIW I was at that Jags game in 80 though I'm not sure I'd want to claim that means anything. I was there cos I always go to ER when Hibs are playing.

The point I was making was that I tend to find having an optimistic approach to supporting Hibs works best for me. I'm not really bothered about the approach of others and I've not been part of any of the crap that seems to be flying about on the boards on that topic.

I wrote a positive description of how I go about supporting a team I love. I've no idea why it made you angry and you felt a need to go on the attack.

However. I'll keep my thoughts to myself in future.

Spike Mandela
27-08-2011, 11:45 AM
The points made by the OP are valid and worthy, just begs the question 'why have we been so crap to watch for the last three years or so'

Row H
27-08-2011, 11:51 AM

:taxi

Ray_
27-08-2011, 12:43 PM
ER - where did I say I was a'great HIbs fan'; where did I accuse anyone of anything; or question anyone's support; where did I claim 'everything is well' at ER; are you saying the players we have now aren't better than what we had under Hughes? FWIW I was at that Jags game in 80 though I'm not sure I'd want to claim that means anything. I was there cos I always go to ER when Hibs are playing.

The point I was making was that I tend to find having an optimistic approach to supporting Hibs works best for me. I'm not really bothered about the approach of others and I've not been part of any of the crap that seems to be flying about on the boards on that topic.

I wrote a positive description of how I go about supporting a team I love. I've no idea why it made you angry and you felt a need to go on the attack.

However. I'll keep my thoughts to myself in future.

Why should you keep your thoughts to yourself? This place is a better place for you sharing them & it is a message board after all. Not everybody may agree with everything you said, that's not such a bad thing & you cheered quite a few up, which I believe was your intention, so keep them coming:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2011, 12:49 PM

You've made 149 posts on this site and by my estimations, I think about 130 of them have been negative, pompous, ill-informed and slightly demonic.

So you stood in a crowd of 1200 at a Hibs game once, huzzah!!!!!! I once *****ed the remainder of my pocket money so I could get the Gordon Rae sticker I needed to complete my Hibs team for my Panini album.

Get over yourself, man.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh, and a nod in the direction of the OP, yet another fine post from your good self.

3 cups in 30 years though? I can only recall 1991 and 2007? :confused:

Ray_
27-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Oh, and a nod in the direction of the OP, yet another fine post from your good self.

3 cups in 30 years though? I can only recall 1991 and 2007? :confused:

1972, the best of the lot as it was against Celtic when they were at their best, we also out-classed rankers in the semi, who were in possession of the cup winners cup.

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2011, 12:57 PM
1972, the best of the lot as it was against Celtic when they were at their best, we also out-classed rankers in the semi, who were in possession of the cup winners cup.

2011 - 1972 = Ah forget it :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Administrators, warning duly accepted and I agree to the terms and conditions of the forum rules which I have duly signed and submitted :greengrin

No regrets though :aok:

IWasThere2016
27-08-2011, 01:01 PM

72 is 40 years away next year - incredible.

Aubenas
27-08-2011, 01:06 PM
2011 - 1972 = Ah forget it
Damn! Maths never my strong point - completely deserts me at midnight Friday after a bottle of white - you're right 72 is more or less 40 years ago! :shocked: I go around thinking 1980 was just 4 or 5 years ago (explains the bell bottoms :foot::foot:)

Spike Mandela
27-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Damn! Maths never my strong point - completely deserts me at midnight Friday after a bottle of white - you're right 72 is more or less 40 years ago! :shocked: I go around thinking 1980 was just 4 or 5 years ago (explains the bell bottoms :foot::foot:)

It's because you are so positive. You can't even do subtraction because it is so negative:wink:

Kaiser1962
27-08-2011, 01:14 PM

Am getting old!

So its 3 trophies in over fifty years then. Hardly prolific.

But, by the **** when they come along we certainly make up for it!

Dinkydoo
27-08-2011, 01:16 PM

This is probably the worst post I have ever read on here.

Me, me, me, me, hey, look at me. :faf:

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2011, 01:39 PM

So John, how is Chesterfield treating you these days? It sounds a whole heap of fun!

IWasThere2016
27-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Aubenas
27-08-2011, 02:06 PM
It's because you are so positive. You can't even do subtraction because it is so negative

Brilliant! LMAO, as the young 'uns say!:top marks:top marks:faf::faf:

Ray_
27-08-2011, 02:46 PM
2011 - 1972 = Ah forget it :wink:

I had mentioned it was 39 years earlier on in the thread :wink: :greengrin

Ray_
27-08-2011, 02:48 PM

Incredible, no, scary, yes! Mind you, the difference between the teams should be measured in light years :greengrin

Robinho08
27-08-2011, 03:19 PM

:agree: Top Post.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Incredible, no, scary, yes! Mind you, the difference between the teams should be measured in light years :greengrin

Indeed!

Spike Mandela
27-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Positive post. Bump!!!!! Bottom of the league.:rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
27-08-2011, 03:58 PM

Most of what you say is true but you conveniently forgot to mention a derby record that is an embarassment and we go into tomorrows game sitting at the bottom of the league, another source of embarassment but what the hell, everything is rosy down Easter Road way.

Arch Stanton
27-08-2011, 04:14 PM
You don't have to be Polyanna to be a Happy Clapper and you don't have to be Mr Angry to be a Doom and Gloomer.

There, I've said it!

Cropley10
27-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Bottom of the league tonight.

Dunfermline have 8 points already FFS.

The OP is quite right - there's no point getting depressed or angry, and I don't any more - but having a decent stadium, training centre, balance sheet and whatever else isn't really what football's about is it?

The Harp
27-08-2011, 06:34 PM

Superb post, Aubenas.:top marks Keep 'em coming!
Ever thought of applying for a PR job at Easter Road?
Here's hoping we're all in such a positive mood tomorrow evening.

Jonnyboy
27-08-2011, 09:56 PM

Jesus wept, who pi$$ed on your parade. Having a go at someone for being positive when you'd clearly rather be negative is a bit much. I was in that 1200 too but I didn't take the OP's comments as an attack on my loyalty or backing of Hibs.

Jonnyboy
27-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Sodje's goals/game record is better than riordan's this year, but let's ignore that and slate him because some boys laughed at him.

:top marks :greengrin