PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Squad Announced for Czech Republic and Lithuania

SteveHFC
26-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Allan McGregor (Rangers), Iain Turner (Preston North End)

Defenders: Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic), Stephen Crainey (Blackpool), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Steven Whittaker (Rangers), Danny Wilson (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Liverpool), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Don Cowie (Cardiff City), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), James Forrest (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Barry Robson (Middlesbrough), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United),

Forwards: David Goodwillie (Blackburn Rovers), Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion), Kenny Miller (Cardiff City), Steven Naismith (Rangers).

James Forrest instead for Commons :bye:

Seanair
26-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Allan McGregor (Rangers), Iain Turner (Preston North End)

Defenders: Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic), Stephen Crainey (Blackpool), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Steven Whittaker (Rangers), Danny Wilson (Liverpool)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Liverpool), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Don Cowie (Cardiff City), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), James Forrest (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Barry Robson (Middlesbrough), Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United),

Forwards: David Goodwillie (Blackburn Rovers), Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion), Kenny Miller (Cardiff City), Steven Naismith (Rangers).

James Forrest instead for Commons :bye: Can't believe it, no Dundee Utd or Hearts players. :wink:

Broken Gnome
26-08-2011, 02:53 PM
No Lee Wallace for 'not hitting the ground running', but Alan Hutton for not running at all. Hypocritical @rse of a man.

Steven Fletcher should just apologise, now. Just do it.

Stevie Reid
26-08-2011, 02:56 PM
No Lee Wallace for 'not hitting the ground running', but Alan Hutton for not running at all. Hypocritical @rse of a man.

Steven Fletcher should just apologise, now. Just do it.

I think that there's two stubborn personalities involved here, but part of me wonders why Fletcher should - his claim of a misunderstanding sounds more than plausible, and Levein went cap in hand to two players whose behaviour was an embarrassment.

Fletcher is the best striker we have and Levein as manager should pick him.

JimBHibees
26-08-2011, 03:08 PM
I think that there's two stubborn personalities involved here, but part of me wonders why Fletcher should - his claim of a misunderstanding sounds more than plausible, and Levein went cap in hand to two players whose behaviour was an embarrassment.

Fletcher is the best striker we have and Levein as manager should pick him.

Levein is tasked to run the international team and should do everything in his power to get the best talent available, Fletcher is undoubtedly that. In saying that Fletch has played right into Potter's hands with his text and is now made out to be the bad guy. As you say it must grate with Fletcher given the shameless whoring Levein carried out with Ferguson, McGregor etc.

Incredible that Wallace isnt in the squad and Crainey is who IMO is a man short defensively.

500miles
26-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Garry O'Connor should be in the squad.

Stevie Reid
26-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Levein is tasked to run the international team and should do everything in his power to get the best talent available, Fletcher is undoubtedly that. In saying that Fletch has played right into Potter's hands with his text and is now made out to be the bad guy. As you say it must grate with Fletcher given the shameless whoring Levein carried out with Ferguson, McGregor etc.

Incredible that Wallace isnt in the squad and Crainey is who IMO is a man short defensively.

Yep, would have had Commons in there too. Can come up with a goal out of nothing.

JimBHibees
26-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Yep, would have had Commons in there too. Can come up with a goal out of nothing.

Also very good at free kicks. Would certainly have him in the squad even for an option from the bench however to me he looks quite overweight when I have seen him on the box this season.

sambajustice
26-08-2011, 03:37 PM
McGregor
Hutton Berra Caldwell Bardsley
Brown Adam Fletcher Robson
Naismith
Miller

That is my bet...

Not much pace in the midfield but plenty of "industry"

No McArthur either ( or is it McCarthy? always get mixed up wi those two),

If Garry O keeps banging in goals at the rate he is he'll be back before long possibly!

Just looking at "my squad" and there's 4 SPL players in there. However, I would replace McGregor with Gordon, Naismith with McFadden and Miller with Fletcher if they were all available. So possibly Brown would be the only SPL player that I would play but even at that there's probably a better option, Dorrans, or yon Wigan boy.

On another note, is the Conway at Cardiff the one that was at Dundee United??

Broken Gnome
26-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Also very good at free kicks. Would certainly have him in the squad even for an option from the bench however to me he looks quite overweight when I have seen him on the box this season.

That's part of the nonsense of it all. Actually quite like the exclusion of Commons, shows no one walks into the team when out of form. Yet he makes such a public issue of that reasoning then totally contradicts that by selecting others who haven't even played. No one players get p!ssed off with him. Like Fletcher had every right to be, but now is really the time just to say he wants to play again, then they can get on with it.

jacomo
26-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I think Levein needs to man up, fix his silly wee dispute with Steven Fletcher, and get him back in the squad.

Surely he should be the first choice striker?

big-mo
26-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Only five Scotland based players out of twenty-five, this could be one of the reasons why Scottish teams have flopped in Europe this year. And out of that five, how many will get a game?

Dalianwanda
26-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Garry O'Connor should be in the squad. Nah not yet..Hopefully soon though..

West Upper
26-08-2011, 05:10 PM
McGregor
Hutton Berra Caldwell Bardsley
Brown Adam Fletcher Robson
Naismith
Miller

That is my bet...

Not much pace in the midfield but plenty of "industry"

No McArthur either ( or is it McCarthy? always get mixed up wi those two),

If Garry O keeps banging in goals at the rate he is he'll be back before long possibly!

Just looking at "my squad" and there's 4 SPL players in there. However, I would replace McGregor with Gordon, Naismith with McFadden and Miller with Fletcher if they were all available. So possibly Brown would be the only SPL player that I would play but even at that there's probably a better option, Dorrans, or yon Wigan boy.

On another note, is the Conway at Cardiff the one that was at Dundee United??

Yeah its is the same Craig Conway he moved to Cardiff a few weeks ago.

ancient hibee
26-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I seem to remember last season some edict from him that if you didn't play first team football you didn'tget picked for Scotland-not any more obviously.

SkintHibby
26-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Why's Chris Iwelumo not in the squad? :grr:

R'Albin
26-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Why's Chris Iwelumo not in the squad? :grr:

:greengrin

NOLA
26-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I seem to remember last season some edict from him that if you didn't play first team football you didn'tget picked for Scotland-not any more obviously.
unless your alan Hutton, shambles:rolleyes:

Seveno
27-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I think Levein needs to man up, fix his silly wee dispute with Steven Fletcher, and get him back in the squad.

Surely he should be the first choice striker?

Quite agree. Fletch has been singled out for praise by both Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer on MoD. Easily the best striker we have.

Irrespective of who was at fault, Levein is the manager and it is his job to sort it. If Fletch had not been an ex-Hibs player, of course, it would have been sorted by now.

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2011, 06:56 PM
He's an erse, his team are Tom Kite and probably lose both games.

KWJ
27-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I agree with what everyone is saying but along with Darren Fletcher Alan Hutton has to be in the team playing or not. If he's fit, he plays and I'd be the same. He's too good for us to leave out. Steven Fletcher shouldn't be far off that either considering our other attacking options.

johnrebus
27-08-2011, 07:22 PM
He's an erse, his team are Tom Kite and probably lose both games.

Yes, but more importantly, why does the man not shave?

He looks like a jakey.....,

Albion Hibs
27-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Surprised not to see Wallace, Hutton and Commons worming there way into the team, or the boy Wilson from Celtic.

Fletcher certainly deserves to be in the team, but he has his reasons i dont disagree with him. Potter was happy to fly down to England in some desperate bid to get back little barry, yet he cant pick up the phone to fletcher...nae bother harry, I am sure if it was a hertz player he would be hinging out the back of them.

I guess it is our gain, as at least the hibs fans will get to see him play next weekend!