PDA

View Full Version : "I've got goals in ma team"

smurf
26-08-2011, 11:50 AM
So said Hughes in season 2009-2010. And he was right. It bailed out a poor Hibs team...

I've no doubt that this team also has goals in it.

And i don't believe we have a poor Hibs team. But hey right now if the goals bail out a poor Hibs team then so be it...:greengrin

Thornhill should be good for a 8-10 goal contribution from midfield too.

If the defence can tighten up then we could just surprise.

Surely we are due to?:greengrin

Speedway
26-08-2011, 11:53 AM
So said Hughes in season 2009-2010. And he was right. It bailed out a poor Hibs team...

And i don't believe we have a poor Hibs team. But hey right now if the goals bail out a poor Hibs team then so be it...:greengrin

Here Hear Here

Has anyone tried accessing the manager's transfer update on the fishy today? It's just a picture of him smiling.

BEEJ
26-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Has anyone tried accessing the manager's transfer update on the fishy today? It's just a picture of him smiling.
:greengrin It's quite amusing.

The Tubs
26-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Here Hear Here

It's working now.

Baw187
26-08-2011, 12:00 PM

I'll bet he doesn't score anywhere near that !!

Speedway
26-08-2011, 12:01 PM
It's working now.

It's disappeared now.

The_Famous_HFC
26-08-2011, 12:08 PM

Surely we are due to?:greengrinThere definitely is goals in the team as O'connor has scored. He could easily end up on 15+ for the season. Not sure about 8 from Thornhill though!?

Craig_in_Prague
26-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Thornhill will get 3, maybe 4.

O'Hanlon I think will grab 3 or 4.

Sproule should get 6 or 7.

An awful lot still lying on GOC shoulders, and any of the other strikers who get a run in the side.

As for the defence.......... 0 confidence in them ever tightening up.

woodythehibee
26-08-2011, 12:21 PM

An awful lot still lying on GOC shoulders, and any of the other strikers who get a run in the side.

After Tues, would expect Jimmy Scott to get a couple. Also, Sodje will hit double figures I reckon.

Andy74
26-08-2011, 12:47 PM

I think the defensive record of Stack, Wotherspoon, Bamba, Hogg and Murray who had a record low goals against up to that Christmas also helped.

As did Miller, McBride and Zemmama combining well in midfield with Deek pitching in with 15 or so goals from left midfield.

So, we had a lot more going on than just hoping a striker created something which seems to have been our plan with Garry O over the last few weeks.

Now we have a few more options that should help but we still need to get things created for them.

We also need to stop giving teams goals every time they attack.

soproni1
26-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Definitely goalscorers in the team but whether they play well enough to get them is another story. If we can get a good, strong central midfield pairing (palsson and osbourne perhaps?) then that can be the base for Sproule, O'Connor, Sodje, Agogo, Griffiths, Thornhill to all hopefully weigh-in with the goals required to make this team a success. If we are scoring 2-3 goals a game we will (read should - this is Hibs we're talking about) win more than we lose despite being a tad ropey at the back (which we have been since McCleish left, possibly before)

My optimism is fading fast though, hopefully it will skyrocket come 6pm Sunday

PISTOL1875
26-08-2011, 08:49 PM

HIbs don't have a bad team.. The problem is that we keep losing bad goals.. Cut those out and we might just get somewhere...

Kaiser1962
26-08-2011, 09:42 PM
I'll bet he doesn't score anywhere near that !!

When it all shakes down with Pallson and Osbourne sitting in Thornhill can concentrate on getting forward more as he has already shown a willingness to do. Once this windows over and the roles are more clearly defined I think (hope!) we will see a different team.

matty_f
26-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I think the defensive record of Stack, Wotherspoon, Bamba, Hogg and Murray who had a record low goals against up to that Christmas also helped.

As did Miller, McBride and Zemmama combining well in midfield with Deek pitching in with 15 or so goals from left midfield.

So, we had a lot more going on than just hoping a striker created something which seems to have been our plan with Garry O over the last few weeks.

Now we have a few more options that should help but we still need to get things created for them.

We also need to stop giving teams goals every time they attack.

After Christmas (well, from Feb) that team was pish though. if only we'd had a Garry O to rely on.:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2011, 10:13 PM
After Christmas (well, from Feb) that team was pish though. if only we'd had a Garry O to rely on.:rolleyes:

After February that team had some horrendous results, there's no argument there. They also won a couple of games and a few draws, results this current lot can only dream of getting.

sahib
26-08-2011, 10:26 PM

Based on what?

matty_f
26-08-2011, 10:31 PM
After February that team had some horrendous results, there's no argument there. They also won a couple of games and a few draws, results this current lot can only dream of getting.

This current team have also won a couple of games and had 3 defeats this season. Is it just the draws they're dreaming about then?

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2011, 10:35 PM
This current team have also won a couple of games and had 3 defeats this season. Is it just the draws they're dreaming about then?

I must have missed them Matty?:confused: Unless you are counting friendlies, you know those games i was told mean nothing?:confused:

stokesmessiah
26-08-2011, 10:58 PM
I must have missed them Matty?:confused: Unless you are counting friendlies, you know those games i was told mean nothing?:confused:

Cup win????

matty_f
26-08-2011, 11:01 PM

Since the season started we have won at Inverness and beaten Berwick at home. That's a couple of wins.

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Since the season started we have won at Inverness and beaten Berwick at home. That's a couple of wins.

Sorry i thought we were talking about league games.

hibeedonald
27-08-2011, 12:09 AM
All this optimism because we beat Berwick. We will lose to hearts and everyone will be mad again. Hope I'm wrong!

greenlex
27-08-2011, 07:17 AM
All this optimism because we beat Berwick. We will lose to hearts and everyone will be mad again. Hope I'm wrong!

I think the optimism is more coming from the signings to be honest. You are correct about a defeat by Hearts though. It will be meltdown again. It is at the best of times and will be full on come Sunday night. However if we get a result on Sunday it will be the exact opposite and optimism will be at a three year high and that will be just as stupid.:agree: (It will be good though:greengrin)

matty_f
27-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Sorry i thought we were talking about league games.

No need to apologize, easy mistake to make :greengrin

Cropley10
27-08-2011, 07:58 AM

I'd be absolutely delighted if Ivan got 6 or 7 goals this season, can't see it all to be honest. O'Hanlon is going to get a few though based on Tuesday night.

hibeedonald
27-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I think the optimism is more coming from the signings to be honest. You are correct about a defeat by Hearts though. It will be meltdown again. It is at the best of times and will be full on come Sunday night. However if we get a result on Sunday it will be the exact opposite and optimism will be at a three year high and that will be just as stupid.:agree: (It will be good though:greengrin)

I really think Hearts will win, I'm still going to go this time though as I missed the one when Riordan scored the penalty when everyone thought we would lose and i regret missing that so much.

smurf
27-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Based on what?

Based on previous comments from CC.

matty_f
27-08-2011, 08:59 AM
I'd be absolutely delighted if Ivan got 6 or 7 goals this season, can't see it all to be honest. O'Hanlon is going to get a few though based on Tuesday night.

The irony is that Ivan scored on Tuesday, and O'Hanlon never!:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I think Sproule will get 6 or 7 goals this season too.

Hibercelona
27-08-2011, 09:21 AM
It doesn't matter how many goals we score, its winning that matters.

I've never really understood the "Goals in my team" patter from managers. Surely it should be "A team that has the ability to win in any circumstances".

Baw187
27-08-2011, 09:03 PM
It doesn't matter how many goals we score, its winning that matters.

I've never really understood the "Goals in my team" patter from managers. Surely it should be "A team that has the ability to win in any circumstances".

Aye, but it's hard to be that team if you dinnae have goals in it !! :greengrin