PDA

View Full Version : Yams Sad to say, but...

cjward2
25-08-2011, 08:50 PM
The yams made some noise down at WHL yet with no chance
of winning. Was impressive. I know, I'm a bad hibbie for
saying that.

Helmet on.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Of course they did, they knew they'd been pumped out the competition after the first leg so if you've already bought a ticket for a nothing match against Tottenham Under-17s, you're may as well having a sing-song.

**** 'em, lets rattle the ***** on Sunday.

Andy74
25-08-2011, 08:52 PM
saying that.

Helmet on.

You get the same thing with the wee teams in the cups with no chance of winning.

A little bit embarrasing that they thought it was a real match tonight.

They also seem a bit obsessed with us in their songs for playing a Eoropean game.

R'Albin
25-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Of course they did, they knew they'd been pumped out the competition after the first leg so if you've already bought a ticket for a nothing match against Tottenham Under-17s, you're may as well having a sing-song.

**** 'em, lets rattle the ***** on Sunday.

Exactly:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
25-08-2011, 08:56 PM
"The Hearts are having a party, the Hibs are in their beds"

If their idea of a party is turning up 90 minutes late with a few songs having been brutally bummed in their own home beforehand watched by a large crowd on the telly, then I'm glad I never got an invite to this particular shindig.

What a strange bunch of helmets they are.

Dunbar Hibee
25-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Made a wee bit of noise, 90% of that noise about Hibs. Obsessed or what.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2011, 09:00 PM

:agree: Twats

renato
25-08-2011, 09:00 PM
saying that.

Helmet on.

....and no different from what fans of any other Scottish team would have done in the same circumstances. Although to be fair, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a Edinburgh derby and not a meaningless kickabout against Spurs U19's, given they spent half the game singing about us.

It's how big teams do it :agree:

Obsession FC :rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Spurs 3rd team were a disgrace and they should refund the poor fans that had to watch that mess, the yams will be claiming a "brilliant performance" no doubt but in reality they never looked like scoring at any point, for what it's worth neither did Spurs, the only good thing to come out of it for us was that they were running around like headless chickens and will be well out of puff on Sunday for sure.

:agree:

Sir David Gray
25-08-2011, 09:03 PM
You get the same thing with the wee teams in the cups with no chance of winning.

A little bit embarrasing that they thought it was a real match tonight.

They also seem a bit obsessed with us in their songs for playing a Eoropean game.

:agree: The Berwick fans did exactly the same thing on Tuesday at Easter Road.

Fans of clubs who are playing away to a team they have no chance of beating always act like that.

heretoday
25-08-2011, 09:06 PM
I thought they did much to raise our profile in Europe. Every second song featured the great Hibees! :flag:

MB62
25-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Spurs 3rd team were a disgrace and they should refund the poor fans that had to watch that mess, the yams will be claiming a "brilliant performance" no doubt but in reality they never looked like scoring at any point, for what it's worth neither did Spurs, the only good thing to come out of it for us was that they were running around like headless chickens and will be well out of puff on Sunday for sure.

:agree:

Can't agree with that, the Yams hit the crossbar early on and Spurs missed a penalty. BTW on that note, why was the Yams keeper not sent off? Last man denying a goalscoring opportunity? I thought that was always a straight red :confused:
Oh, and Spurs should have had a 2nd penalty late on, ref feeling sorry for them maybe?

Saorsa
25-08-2011, 09:27 PM
who gives a ****

H18sry
25-08-2011, 09:30 PM
saying that.

Helmet on.

Berwick fans sang for 90 mins on Tuesday night aswell whilst getting humped, its what wee teams do :wink:

dalkeith stu
25-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Wondering if they are gonna be getting a nice wee e-mail in the morning from eufa about their homaphobic song? :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
25-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I was very impressed with their Yamography :agree:

"We're from the Capital, you're from a sheighthole" rang out gustily :greengrin

Still, what can you expect from a collective group barely able to accumulate ten brain cells between them. A Jambo I know thought IQ was a line o' folk waiting outside the opticians :greengrin

Saorsa
25-08-2011, 10:11 PM

Still, what can you expect from a collective group barely able to accumulate ten brain cells between them. A Jambo I know thought IQ was a line o' folk waiting outside the opticians :greengrin:hilarious

Shrekko
25-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Good percentage of songs sung on Tuesday at ER were Hearts related and it was the same for most of last season.

Franck Stanton
25-08-2011, 10:44 PM
saying that.

Helmet on.

Were you by any chance at E/R on Tuesday game v Berwick Rangers ? Now the away support sang and danced for the entire 90 min, even when they were 5-0 down. Why? because it was their cup-final, knew from the outset they had no chance of winning and were just out to enjoy themselves, noise-up the opposition supporters and generally have a good time [ obviously outwith the result]. It's no biggie, ALL supporters do it, yes even Hibbys, hardly impressive IMO

hibeedonald
25-08-2011, 10:53 PM
We criticise Hearts fans for singing about us all the time... we sing about them all the time though. Its the same at both clubs.

dalkeith stu
25-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Good percentage of songs sung on Tuesday at ER were Hearts related and it was the same for most of last season.

Only after the clown in the away end pulled out the hearts flag.

givescotlandfreedom
26-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Great PR for us. They're playing one of ther biggest games in their history and all they can think of is the great Hibernian. Hope we give them something to remember us by on Sunday!

son of haggart
26-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Just back from the game

think we did fine as fans

I'd expect Hibs fans to behave much the same way - not so the OF

There were about 10% songs about hibs the most frequent being the party / beds song

Most frequent songs were
the Hearts song
Europe song
hearts go marching in
a new paulo sergio song
jam tarts

and Harry Harry give us a wave

also 'last team in europe'

It was a good night, not least the opportunity to see dave mackay inthe hospitality suite and I am sure you guys will have your day sometime too

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Just back from the game

There were about 10% songs about hibs the most frequent being the party / beds song

Most frequent songs were
the Hearts song
Europe song
hearts go marching in
a new paulo sergio song

jam tarts

It was a good night, not least the opportunity to see dave mackay inthe hospitality suite and I am sure you guys will have your day sometime too

Aye .... Whatever pal .... Heard the " all the Hibees are gay" song at the PBS near the end of the first leg. Given the Hearts recent history thats kind of skating on thin ice, dont ya think?

Anyway ...... **** the Yams

Oh ... and did I mention ...... **** the Harts !!!!!

Ray_
26-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Just back from the game

Most frequent songs were
the Hearts song
Europe song
hearts go marching in
a new paulo sergio song
jam tarts

The hearts fans certainly enjoyed the occasion & good luck to them. I saw a fair few at Liverpool Street around lunch time and it was good to see so many kids, much rather see people support their local club than the ugly sisters, although I still want them to be feeling totally gutted Sunday afternoon.

Hibs7
26-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Shouting from the rooftop about how they put up a good show against a Spurs U19 team. Hope we win on.Sunday if for no other reason than to shut their big mouths.

ano hibby
26-08-2011, 06:24 AM
Just back from the game

Most frequent songs were
the Hearts song
Europe song
hearts go marching in
a new paulo sergio song
jam tarts

Credit where due i thought you guys supported your team well last night. As others have said as would most teams in the same circumstances.
Also thought your team played well & yes we all know it was a second string Spurs team.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-08-2011, 06:52 AM

:agree: For a club that claims to be out of our league, their fans are TOTALLY OBSESSED with us. Its quite endearing really :green grin Their insecurity is such that they cannot go to White Hart Lane to play a top European side without obsessing about Hibs and Hibs fans. :thumbsup:

Well, now they're out of Europe, they can finally look forward to the biggest game in their calendar.

PeeJay
26-08-2011, 07:02 AM
:agree: For a club that claims to be out of our league, their fans are TOTALLY OBSESSED with us. Its quite endearing really :green grin Their insecurity is such that they cannot go to White Hart Lane to play a top European side without obsessing about Hibs and Hibs fans. :thumbsup:

Well, now they're out of Europe, they can finally look forward to the biggest game in their calendar.

Rings a bit hollow for me this. Seems to me lots of Hibs fans were glued to the tv yesterday or the message boards hoping Hearts would get thumped - "they" knew this was the case. Think your point would carry more weight if Hibs fans didn't actually care what Hearts were doing at WHL in the first place - I mean, you can't have it both ways, surely: we can't be obsessed with watching them getting gubbed, and then complain when they are obsessed with us because they didn't or did - who cares anyway?

1two
26-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Hullo hullo

lapsedhibee
26-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Credit where due i thought you guys supported your team well last night. As others have said as would most teams in the same circumstances.
Also thought your team played well & yes we all know it was a second string Spurs team.

:agree: If they play the same on Sunday, they will stroll the derby. :boo hoo:

Hibstrooper
26-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Just back from the game

Most frequent songs were
the Hearts song
Europe song
hearts go marching in
a new paulo sergio song
jam tarts

Nothing against Hearts fans posting however for some reason reading this post just made me want to :jamboak:

lyonhibs
26-08-2011, 08:01 AM
:agree: If they play the same on Sunday, they will stroll the derby. :boo hoo: didn't want to be the one to put my head above the parapet and say it, but that is spot on.Hope Smith and Robinson in particular are pooped and don't start.

Speedway
26-08-2011, 08:03 AM

Still, what can you expect from a collective group barely able to accumulate ten brain cells between them. A Jambo I know thought IQ was a line o' folk waiting outside the opticians :greengrin

JB, is 'Yamography' to be found in the Yamasaurus?

If not, please amend.

Broken Gnome
26-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Rings a bit hollow for me this. Seems to me lots of Hibs fans were glued to the tv yesterday or the message boards hoping Hearts would get thumped - "they" knew this was the case. Think your point would carry more weight if Hibs fans didn't actually care what Hearts were doing at WHL in the first place - I mean, you can't have it both ways, surely: we can't be obsessed with watching them getting gubbed, and then complain when they are obsessed with us because they didn't or did - who cares anyway?

For them to have frequently claimed we're irrelevant, no longer their rivals, nothing wee team, bigger fish to fry etc, to then cram in every possible mention of Hibs imaginable nicely shows them up to be the full of it gobs----s they really are.

Probably overly naïve to think we wouldn't do similar, but still, that's what bias is for.

Judas Iscariot
26-08-2011, 08:28 AM
didn't want to be the one to put my head above the parapet and say it, but that is spot on.Hope Smith and Robinson in particular are pooped and don't start.

Aye, 'cos it's really hard to play against a team that isn't really trying eh :rolleyes:

duffers
26-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Just back from the game

Most frequent songs were
the Hearts song
Europe song
hearts go marching in
a new paulo sergio song
jam tarts

By 'a new paulo Sergio song' do you mean the same song hibs have sung for months but changed it from Calum Booth to Paulo Sergio?

And 10% is ridiculous. At least 50% was about hibs. Off the top of my head i can think of at least 7 songs you sung about hibs.

Hibby D
26-08-2011, 09:17 AM
My Dad's bigger than your Dad - so what. They Merricks sang loud and proud. Big deal!

Doesn't change the fact that in today's Sun it says......

'Forget last night's 0-0 draw at Spurs - they'd embarrassed the nation in that first-leg thrashing."

:faf:

:aok:

The_Famous_HFC
26-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't get this singing about hibs malarky, so what? I care very little about our ugly sisters across the city and what they choose to sing at games. Rise above it!

On a side note, I done a few calculations whilst bored at work and the average age of boths teams was around about 24.:agree: According to wiki anyway.

Sean1875
26-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't get this singing about hibs malarky, so what? I care very little about our ugly sisters across the city and what they choose to sing at games. Rise above it!

On a side note, I done a few calculations whilst bored at work and the average age of boths teams was around about 24.:agree: According to wiki anyway.

Cudicini is about 69 though so not really a fair calculation :greengrin

But saying 10% of songs were about Hibs is rubbish, was more like 10% weren't about Hibs. Why bother singing about our scottish cup record when your away to Spurs in the Europa League? :rolleyes:

joe breezy
26-08-2011, 11:09 AM
i missed it, was at a work night out...

away supports are always louder and better, especially at big games. We would have been the same.

I hate all the Scottish teams knocked out of Europe last night but still think it's a bad one for the Scottish game, at least it feels that way...

Captain Trips
26-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Cudicini is about 69 though so not really a fair calculation :greengrin

But saying 10% of songs were about Hibs is rubbish, was more like 10% weren't about Hibs. Why bother singing about our scottish cup record when your away to Spurs in the Europa League? :rolleyes:

Hibs do the same about Hearts when on TV in a big match unfortunatley it has been a while.

Franck Stanton
26-08-2011, 11:21 AM

Obviously cant speak for all Hibs fans but I for one was glued to my T.V. watching Emmerdale. Eastenders and Coronation Street. When they finished I watched an episode of Jeremy Kyle I had taped, riviting viewing as you say. Wouldn't put those manky mob on ma telly, - it would blow a gasket in rewvolt.

seanraff07
26-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Just back from the game

Most frequent songs were
the Hearts song
Europe song
hearts go marching in
a new paulo sergio song
jam tarts

All the Hibees are Gay
South Morroco song
Are you watching Hibee ****
Hearts having a party, Hibs in their beds
Since 1902

I've probably forgot a few others but I heard all of them at least 5 times each.

Elephant Stone
26-08-2011, 11:38 AM
All the Hibees are Gay
South Morroco song
Since 1902

I've probably forgot a few others but I heard all of them at least 5 times each.

More importantly, when did they start thinking it was acceptable to sing a carbon copy of one of our songs? Is this a new thing?

God Petrie
26-08-2011, 11:56 AM
All the Hibees are Gay
South Morroco song
Since 1902

what do the sing for the south morocco song. Heard it a lot recently - have they adapted the 7-0 song or was it something they used to sing that we adopted after horsing them by 7.

PeeJay
26-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Obviously cant speak for all Hibs fans but I for one was glued to my T.V. watching Emmerdale. Eastenders and Coronation Street.

That says it all really...:greengrin - I take it Crossroads is no longer with us, then (I've been away a while)??

Andy74
26-08-2011, 01:01 PM
what do the sing for the south morocco song. Heard it a lot recently - have they adapted the 7-0 song or was it something they used to sing that we adopted after horsing them by 7.

I think we actually adapted their song. I don't think we ever did play in South Morocco!

son of haggart
26-08-2011, 01:18 PM
I think we actually adapted their song. I don't think we ever did play in South Morocco!

I think you're right, but funnily enough neither have we!

..and our version doesn't mention hibs at all - just talks about some great game played on new year's day :whistle:

Dunbar Hibee
26-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I think you're right, but funnily enough neither have we!

..and our version doesn't mention hibs at all - just talks about some great game played on new year's day :whistle:

Yous have pinched the Callum Booth song too, who's name were you singing though? Couldn't make it out.

JimBHibees
26-08-2011, 01:58 PM

Yep thought that was priceless. :greengrin

As for the game I thought they did ok. Jonsson in midfield is decent. In many ways it may have worked against Hibs them getting horsed in the first game as they were able to rest a few last night where normally they would have been full on for the 2nd leg.

fat freddy
26-08-2011, 02:51 PM

its actually a rangers song and the line about south morocco isn't a carbon copy of the original version that uses the line,''we've played in san monaco''

back on topic....they must have sung the h.e.a.r.t.s. song twenty times last night which must have made them feel like they should have a better selection of songs to choose from...i also felt as though they were displaying 'wee team tendancies' by being so excited about the whole occasion...they put me in mind of the irvine meadow fans that visited easter rd last season... a bunch of small town teuchters visiting the big city for the first time and leaping about like eejits screaming, 'look at me! look at me!.....also, singing platitudes to harry rednapp was utterly nausiating....harry is NOT a jambo and he probably thinks they're just a wee daft team from a footballing backwater that is only fit for testing out his under 17's on....which he did.

The_Famous_HFC
26-08-2011, 03:53 PM
its actually a rangers song and the line about south morocco isn't a carbon copy of the original version that uses the line,''we've played in south monaco''

back on topic....they must have sung the h.e.a.r.t.s. song twenty times last night which must have made them feel like they should have a better selection of songs to choose from...i also felt as though they were displaying 'wee team tendancies' by being so excited about the whole occasion...they put me in mind of the irvine meadow fans that visited easter rd last season... a bunch of small town teuchters visiting the big city for the first time and leaping about like eejits screaming, 'look at me! look at me!.....also, singing platitudes to harry rednapp was utterly nausiating....harry is NOT a jambo and he probably thinks they're just a wee daft team from a footballing backwater that is only fit for testing out his under 17's on....which he did.
It's not every year a team gets to play a QF of the Champs league in a competitive match...
I hate to say it but a few posters on this thread reek of jealousy. Which I don't get. Seriously, ignore them!

fat freddy
26-08-2011, 05:41 PM
It's not every year a team gets to play a QF of the Champs league in a competitive match...
I hate to say it but a few posters on this thread reek of jealousy. Which I don't get. Seriously, ignore them!

i wasn't jealous of hearts last night...i was embarassed for them...if hibs fans ever look so happy to be on the end of a 5-0 aggregate thrashing i would be embarassed for us too....their support, while vocal, appeared to be happy just to be playing in such heightened surroundings...they were like the peasant that doffs his cap to his master and their one way love in with harry redknapp was creepy.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2011, 05:55 PM
i wasn't jealous of hearts last night...i was embarassed for them...if hibs fans ever look so happy to be on the end of a 5-0 aggregate thrashing i would be embarassed for us too....their support, while vocal, appeared to be happy just to be playing in such heightened surroundings...they were like the peasant that doffs his cap to his master and their one way love in with harry redknapp was creepy.

I agree entirely. Cringeworthy again from our neighbours.

Torres
26-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I think the fact that the derby is this weekend had quite a lot to do with the songs about us. Think the first song was 'bring on the Hibees'. Hopefully we can indeed 'bring it' on Sunday :thumbsup:

Anyway, I think some people in this thread are forgetting the level of opposition they were playing when slagging them off for being vocal. Do you really think we'd have done any better in the first leg? I'm hopeful our fans would have been just as vocal last night even if we had the same scoreline in the first leg. Spurs are the top seeded team in the competition and got to the last 8 of the CL last season. It's exactly the kind of tie you dream about when you get into Europe, only to a more exotic place :na na: