PDA

View Full Version : Lawrie Reilly

erin-go-bragh87
25-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I know I'm probably a bit behind but I've just finished the great mans book. What a read, it's the first time a book has given me goosebumps from start to finish, and I never even saw him play!! It's really sad that there will probably never be anyone like him again at Easter Road!

"I will simply say this. I was born a hibee and I will die a hibee. There's nothing else to add."

3pm
25-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Bit disappointed with this. Thought he might have signed for the season when I read the title.

tamig
25-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Really enjoyed Lawrie's book. Quite amazing how highly regarded Hibs were in world football back them - true globetrotters and trend setters. Also how much a shower of erseholes the SFA international commitee were. Best bit for me though was when Lawrie mentioned Willie Ormond having managed Hearts and Lawrie's response to a question he was asked as to whether he would have managed Hearts. Of course, he said, and I'd make sure I got them relegated. Top man!

hibernian36
25-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I used to drink in his boozer down Leith in the early 90's and he was always a complete gentleman :thumbsup::agree:

cocopops1875
26-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Ted brack fans ken whits goan on ;-)