PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Window

Speedway
25-08-2011, 10:12 AM
If someone had said to you back in May, that by the close of the summer transfer window, Hibs would have signed the following:

Garry O'Connor
Ivan Sproule
Sean O'Hanlon
Isaiah Osbourne
Phil Airey
Junior Agogo
Ritchie Towell
Leigh Griffiths

Would you have taken it?

Wheat Hound
25-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Definitely. You heard any more about Griffiths moving to ER?

Speedway
25-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Definitely. You heard any more about Griffiths moving to ER?

Very much on by all accounts and Hibs trying to seal the deal before the Derby.

Steve20
25-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Even though I still think we need another centre half, yes I would have took those players had it been offered at start of summer. :agree:

JimBHibees
25-08-2011, 10:27 AM
If someone had said to you back in May, that by the close of the summer transfer window, Hibs would have signed the following:

Garry O'Connor
Ivan Sproule
Sean O'Hanlon
Isaiah Osbourne
Phil Airey
Junior Agogo
Ritchie Towell
Leigh Griffiths

Would you have taken it?

Pretty happy with that and looks a good mix of players though maybe a little top heavy on forwards while would have done with someone like Mark Reynolds as experienced centre back/left back.

Wheat Hound
25-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Very much on by all accounts and Hibs trying to seal the deal before the Derby. Great stuff. Would a scoring debut at Swinie be too much to ask for?!!!

Speedway
25-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Pretty happy with that and looks a good mix of players though maybe a little top heavy on forwards while would have done with someone like Mark Reynolds as experienced centre back/left back.

Great stuff. Would a scoring debut at Swinie be too much to ask for?!!!

Well, in case it's of interest, I understand that CC is still looking to get an experienced defender in and that depends on a number of things including shifting Eddie off the wage bill.

I think that one will go right down to deadline day.

Stevie Reid
25-08-2011, 10:52 AM

Garry O'Connor
Ivan Sproule
Sean O'Hanlon
Isaiah Osbourne
Phil Airey
Junior Agogo
Ritchie Towell
Leigh Griffiths

Would you have taken it?

Absolutely, though I must add that there's not been many signings that Hibs have made in the last 4 years who haven't impressed me on paper - it's what they do that counts though. If someone had told me when Yogi was appointed that we'd end up with Stokes and Miller I wouldn't have believed it in a million years.

Here's hoping that we get Griffiths and another defender and that they all go on to be a success under Calderwood's management. Cheers for the latest news btw :aok:

frazeHFC
25-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I definately would have. We all moaned about the lack of signing but it has turned out to be a good transfer window imo. :thumbsup:

I reckon we will get Griffiths and Towell but i pray it is before Sunday. :wink:

Bob Box Fish
25-08-2011, 11:06 AM
If we get Griffiths and Towell- has any other manager in recent times had the backing that CC has?

random sub
25-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Garry O'Connor
Ivan Sproule
Sean O'Hanlon
Isaiah Osbourne
Phil Airey
Junior Agogo
Ritchie Towell
Leigh Griffiths

Would you have taken it?

Certainly would have..... but it is now up to those players to show that they can deliver on the hopes and expectation of us fans:flag:

IWasThere2016
25-08-2011, 11:26 AM
If we get Griffiths and Towell- has any other manager in recent times had the backing that CC has?

He was starting from a very low base .. and won't it be nearly twice as many out as in???

3pm
25-08-2011, 11:28 AM
He was starting from a very low base .. and won't it be nearly twice as many out as in???

He better start getting results.

IWasThere2016
25-08-2011, 11:29 AM
He better start getting results.

Agreed - he needs fit players, and a settled XI for that though.

Baker9
25-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Absolutely, though I must add that there's not been many signings that Hibs have made in the last 4 years who haven't impressed me on paper - it's what they do that counts though. If someone had told me when Yogi was appointed that we'd end up with Stokes and Miller I wouldn't have believed it in a million years.

Here's hoping that we get Griffiths and another defender and that they all go on to be a success under Calderwood's management. Cheers for the latest news btw :aok:

In our first-choice team it looks as if Booth and Hanlon will be the only 2 survivors from the pre-Calderwood team. If you leave that 2 out of the team (not suggesting you do) then he is close now to having signed a complete team none of whom are rated as tumshies. Quite remarkable in such a short period of time when you think about it.

As a depressed perennial happy clapper, I am close to ecstatic.

Beefster
25-08-2011, 11:31 AM

I think Collins, Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood have all been backed to the same extent, more or less.

3pm
25-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Agreed - he needs fit players, and a settled XI for that though.

Based on what I have witnessed so far, we'll need a lot more than that.

GloryGlory
25-08-2011, 11:46 AM
In our first-choice team it looks as if Booth and Hanlon will be the only 2 survivors from the pre-Calderwood team. If you leave that 2 out of the team (not suggesting you do) then he is close now to having signed a complete team none of whom are rated as tumshies. Quite remarkable in such a short period of time when you think about it.

Stack? Brown?

Sir David Gray
25-08-2011, 11:46 AM
If Towell and Griffiths do sign, I still think we need a playmaking midfielder and another centre half.

PatHead
25-08-2011, 11:49 AM

Stack or Brown in goals makes it 3. But pleased to ssee all these pesky underacheiving prima donnas shown the door.

BEEJ
25-08-2011, 11:59 AM

Garry O'Connor
Ivan Sproule
Sean O'Hanlon
Isaiah Osbourne
Phil Airey
Junior Agogo
Ritchie Towell
Leigh Griffiths

Would you have taken it?
If Leigh Griffiths does join, I suspect that he will be a replacement for, rather than in addition to, Phil Airey.

In our first-choice team it looks as if Booth and Hanlon will be the only 2 survivors from the pre-Calderwood team. If you leave that 2 out of the team (not suggesting you do) then he is close now to having signed a complete team none of whom are rated as tumshies.
CC brought Booth into the first team. The lad was out on loan for a year during Hughes' time as manager.

Cropley10
25-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Garry O'Connor
Ivan Sproule
Sean O'Hanlon
Isaiah Osbourne
Phil Airey
Junior Agogo
Ritchie Towell
Leigh Griffiths

Would you have taken it?

Yes. And no.

I was very wrong about GOC - he's bustin a gut for Hibs and I admire and respect him.
Sproule - looking at him objectively I'd say if his name wasn't Ivan Sproule, and he hadn't played for us before, we might not all be so positive. I'd have preferred to leave Ivan in the past.
O'Hanlon - I'd never heard of him but I've liked enough of what I've seen. No frills but looks a good pro, so happy yes.
Osbourne - unfit, come down along way - but has the pedigree and potential to be a big player for us, happy enough, time will tell
Airey - don't think we'll ever see him again.
Agogo - bit like Ozzy - happy on paper with JA, looking forward to him getting fit
Towell - is a Celtc player. I'd rather have him than Spoon at RB but I'm still not sure he'll come
Griffiths - probably in the GOC mold - will bust a gut for Hibs. Hope it happens and soon.

Calderwood is very close to having a whole team of outfield players he's brought it... or promoted from the U19s.

Cropley10
25-08-2011, 12:09 PM
If Towell and Griffiths do sign, I still think we need a playmaking midfielder and another centre half.

:agree: - and ideally a proper GK...

Funny how just about everyone in football wants a playmaker and a CH.

Gus Fring
25-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think we can put any hope into Leigh Griffiths signing for us, seen this on his wikipedia page

"On the 23rd October 2011 Griffiths made his debut as a substitute in a 4-0 win away to Northampton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northampton_Town_F.C.) in the league cup"

Looks like he'll still be playing for wolves come october time :wink:

Aldo
25-08-2011, 01:06 PM
:agree: - and ideally a proper GK...
Funny how just about everyone in football wants a playmaker and a CH.

Bit in bold - :confused:

We have a proper GK in Stack and a good one at that. Yes he dropped a clanger on the opening day but the
best GK at ER IMHO.

Would love us to unearth a wee Russell or someone along those lines...jjust that wee bit of class that would be the finishing
touches to the team.

never mind beggars cant be chosers and if Towell and Griffiths are the last 2 then I would be very happy. It would mean however
us getting some results and pretty sharpish.

Not long till the window closes so you never know who may leave and who may come???

Cropley10
25-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Bit in bold - :confused:

We have a proper GK in Stack and a good one at that. Yes he dropped a clanger on the opening day but the
best GK at ER IMHO.

Would love us to unearth a wee Russell or someone along those lines...jjust that wee bit of class that would be the finishing
touches to the team.

never mind beggars cant be chosers and if Towell and Griffiths are the last 2 then I would be very happy. It would mean however
us getting some results and pretty sharpish.

Not long till the window closes so you never know who may leave and who may come???

Stack got a 1 year deal, probably for a reason.

I think he's ok but when did we last have a decent keeper at ER?

JimBHibees
25-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Stack got a 1 year deal, probably for a reason.

I think he's ok but when did we last have a decent keeper at ER?

It was because he had just come back from a serious injury. He is a decent keeper IMO and a good influence on the defence.

TRIALIST
25-08-2011, 04:06 PM
It was because he had just come back from a serious injury. He is a decent keeper IMO and a good influence on the defence.

I think its obvious Stack is the favoured no 1, however I will be very surprised if we dont bring in another goalie as back up, as both brown and stack have a history of injuries. Beyond brown there is an 18 year old and 17 year old in the u19's. Antell is miles away from being ready if he was recalled from his loan, we will probably be looking at someone similar in age and development as Divis as an insurance policy.
With CC's luck it must be on his agenda.

J-C
25-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Yes. And no.

I was very wrong about GOC - he's bustin a gut for Hibs and I admire and respect him.
Sproule - looking at him objectively I'd say if his name wasn't Ivan Sproule, and he hadn't played for us before, we might not all be so positive. I'd have preferred to leave Ivan in the past.
O'Hanlon - I'd never heard of him but I've liked enough of what I've seen. No frills but looks a good pro, so happy yes.
Osbourne - unfit, come down along way - but has the pedigree and potential to be a big player for us, happy enough, time will tell
Airey - don't think we'll ever see him again.
Agogo - bit like Ozzy - happy on paper with JA, looking forward to him getting fit
Towell - is a Celtc player. I'd rather have him than Spoon at RB but I'm still not sure he'll come
Griffiths - probably in the GOC mold - will bust a gut for Hibs. Hope it happens and soon.

Calderwood is very close to having a whole team of outfield players he's brought it... or promoted from the U19s.

He's already here.

WhileTheChief..
25-08-2011, 05:04 PM
At the end of CC's interview after the Berwick game he says that RP gets excited by the transfer deadline and like to get things done quickly so it could be an interesting Tuesday and Wednesday next week. CC smiling away and the most positive I think I've seen him.

Also says that they are getting lots of offers from agents for players but we are knocking them back. Still interested in 1 or 2 but that was before Towell's return so maybe one more to come.

I definitely think this window has been better than the last few and CC has certainly had the backing of the board. Let's hope we can get everyone fit pronto and let the season begin :thumbsup:

hibeeleicester
25-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Wouldn't mind a Miller or dare i say it Sauzee type signing :greengrin

Just need that extra bit of experience in there!

AlbertK86
25-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Reasonably happy but would still worry if we don't get another experienced CH in. Not sure Towell is the answer but is better at RB than what we have. Liked the sound of the Notts F right back that was suggested a few weeks ago but looks like that won't happen now that Ritchie is back.

Also we lack a bit creativity in the midfield. - Must be somebody out there that can pull the strings for us

Up front - If Griffiths in instead of Airey then fine

If we are allowed one more signing then an experienced CH is the must for me - Reynolds would do

GGTTH

Aldo
25-08-2011, 06:26 PM
At the end of CC's interview after the Berwick game he says that RP gets excited by the transfer deadline and like to get things done quickly so it could be an interesting Tuesday and Wednesday next week. CC smiling away and the most positive I think I've seen him.

Also says that they are getting lots of offers from agents for players but we are knocking them back. Still interested in 1 or 2 but that was before Towell's return so maybe one more to come.

I definitely think this window has been better than the last few and CC has certainly had the backing of the board. Let's hope we can get everyone fit pronto and let the season begin :thumbsup:

Thats when he is at his best...Sir Rodney (the trotter) frae Leith. If we get griffiths can we really see more players in???? If so rodders must be getting slack in his auld age....

We love to see more players.

R'Albin
25-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I have been very pleased with this summer's dealings, especially G'oC:agree: