PDA

View Full Version : Towell signed! (loan deal confirmed)

TariqE
25-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Just heard that Ritchie Towell has signed a contract with the Hibs. No details on length as yet.....

Gatecrasher
25-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Good Signing if true, apart from 1 or 2 mistakes he looked pretty decent at RB and i thought he complimented Booth on the other side quite well.

sundo1875
25-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Just heard that Ritchie Towell has signed a contract with the Hibs. No details on length as yet..... Source?

NOLA
25-08-2011, 09:01 AM
where does that put spoony, back on the left :rolleyes: hopefully on the bench, if towell is coming in.

Last Minute
25-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Just heard that Ritchie Towell has signed a contract with the Hibs. No details on length as yet.....

Source please

jaf
25-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I'd heard this as well, heard his car had just pulled into East Mains this morning.

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Heard there was a stumbling block over the number of rails at East Mains for him to hang on.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2011, 09:06 AM

I like Towell, a good young player, but he's not what we need at right back at this moment!

sundo1875
25-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Will believe this when confirmed on os

CropleyWasGod
25-08-2011, 09:07 AM
If, as the title says, it's a "perm deal", does that mean we have to wave to him?

TariqE
25-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Source?

Source please

Well it's a touch convoluted (hence the greggs tag) but ultimately (I think) it does come from someone who works with Hibs (rather than AT Hibs) and is fairly well connected. No doubt was expressed in his communique (as would normally be the case with signing rumours) so it seems to me that the source is quite sure of this (and therefore so am I).

Scorrie
25-08-2011, 09:11 AM
If, as the title says, it's a "perm deal", does that mean we have to wave to him?

Probably just a fringe player...?:hide:

TariqE
25-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Heard he's been working on his curling free-kicks....

H18sry
25-08-2011, 09:17 AM
A good signing even if he is not a recognized RB :agree:

Stevie Reid
25-08-2011, 09:18 AM
IF TRUE, would have preferred a more experienced addition, but Towell had his moments last season, and was part of the defence that won the 5 games in a row.

allezsauzee
always looked good in the highlights

ManBearPig
This is very good news if true!

:greengrin You were down for your steak bake early this morning....

hibsbollah
25-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Happy with that if true. Will certainly do wonders for Calderwood's body language, which as we all know needs a bit of work.

IWasThere2016
25-08-2011, 09:21 AM

IF TRUE, would have preferred a more experienced addition, but Towell had his moments last season, and was part of the defence that won the 5 games in a row.

Has no future at Darkheid - a move to us was always on

hailhail22
25-08-2011, 09:25 AM
heard this yesturday from one of my pals and he sound pritty certain this is happening. He is good pals with Go'c so am assuming that is his source, however he mybe have just heard this aswell but as i said he sounded pritty certain.

frazeHFC
25-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Would be very pleased if this is true. :agree:

MB62
25-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Just heard that Ritchie Towell has signed a perm contract with the Hibs. No details on length as yet.....

This is still just a rumour. I will believe it when I hear the BALD facts.

spike220
25-08-2011, 09:33 AM
This is great news. I have a feeling is only just getting started, I got a good feeling about his lad.

GGTTH

Beefster
25-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Would be good to get someone in who can play naturally at RB but i cannot believe that Towell is the best available.

Liberal Hibby
25-08-2011, 09:36 AM
This is still just a rumour. I will believe it when I hear the BALD facts.

If he does sign and because he's played with us before I reckon he'll GEL quickly with the rest of the defence.

Speedway
25-08-2011, 09:44 AM
He's a cut above to be sure and we'll have combed the market before deciding that he was dyeing to come to Hibs.

Phew, finally got through the post without any hair puns, that was a close shave.

NOLA
25-08-2011, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=Speedway;2897658]He's a cut above to be sure and we'll have combed the market before deciding that he was dyeing to come to Hibs.

Phew, finally got through the post without any hair puns, that was a close shave.[/QUOTE
couldn't help yourself eh:wink:

Iain G
25-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Can't believe he'd be back at Hibs Sassoon.... :wink:

vercol36
25-08-2011, 09:51 AM
He's an ambitious player, and works very hard. Then again, so was that other guy...

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/img/photos/biz/photo_13844_wide_crop.jpg

You can't get by on shear determination alone.

EK_Hibs
25-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm personally not a fan of Towell... However, given how we've struggled at RB lately I'd welcome his return.

Hopefully he doesn't embarrass the club again with statements about being abused because he's Catholic and Irish.

:blah:

Iain G
25-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm personally not a fan of Towell... However, given how we've struggled at RB lately I'd welcome his return.

Hopefully he doesn't embarrass the club again with statements about being abused because he's Catholic and Irish.

What??? :confused:

TamHibs
25-08-2011, 10:07 AM

Im sure he said in the paper that he gets worse abuse for being Irish & catholic when playing against Hearts than he got when playing Rangers (albeit their reserve team)

CMac1988
25-08-2011, 10:09 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/04/02/hearts-fans-will-give-me-abuse-for-being-an-irish-catholic-says-hibs-loan-star-richie-towell-86908-23032313/

Sorry it's the Daily Record but it was the 1st link that popped up whilst searching for an article on the subject.

Ryan91
25-08-2011, 10:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that was said as pre-Derby banter with tongue firmly in cheek.

If true decent bit of news, from what I saw of him last season he'll do a good job for us. He's Young but will learn quickly and get some good experience. Would have preferred a more seasoned player for RB, but you can't always get what you want

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabbage East
25-08-2011, 10:11 AM

He was right though.

Speedway
25-08-2011, 10:15 AM
When you look at Towell's situation, he been part of a very successful U-19 side who then got promoted to the first team and in that respect fits in very well culturally at Hibs.

It could also be argued that making the leap from U-19 to first team at Celtic is a greater achievement than doing so at Hibs.

Personally, I prefer him in midfield but the midfield is packed. He'll go RB, although I hope he's been signed as a creative midfielder.

JimBHibees
25-08-2011, 10:22 AM

Hopefully he doesn't embarrass the club again with statements about being abused because he's Catholic and Irish.:blah:

Agree with that was embarressing as you say. Think he is a decent player but personally would have preferred slightly better quality. Quite small also for a defender which can be an issue.

JimBHibees
25-08-2011, 10:25 AM
He was right though.

Whether he was right or not he shouldnt have commented on it to a newspaper at all never mind a rag like the Record. I am sure loads of players take abuse for whatever reason from other fans however have the common sense not to make more of it than there likely was.

SRHibs
25-08-2011, 10:35 AM
I would imagine he's been signed as a RB. I would also imagine that CC knew this signing would be completed sooner or later, hence why we held out and didn't purchase an alternative RB.

It's all conjecture at the moment anyway, though. But I'm hoping this is true.

The Sea-gull
25-08-2011, 10:52 AM
From the limited amount I have seen of him, overall I like Towell as a player and think there is something there.

My concern is that he is not an out and out RB and lacks experience. He could end up being one of these players who never really finds a position as he'll be slotted in all over the place due to being seen as someone who "can" play right back and "can" play midfield.

We need an experienced RB. Michael Hart of 4/5 years ago would be fine, not so much the present day Michael Hart.

Also on the shopping list should be an experienced centre half, an experienced creative midfielder and possibly a nippy, pacy striker type who can play wide or through the middle (this may well be Griffiths). Trouble is, none of these come cheap and we seem to only sign young players aged around 19-22 and then players approaching or past 30. We need more "middle aged" players.

We might also benefit from signing an experienced LB. Think Booth is a cracking prospect but is getting a bit exposed at times and with his pace, crossing and ability to hit the bye line, I think he could better used left mid or wide left in a front 3 with Sproule and G O'C.

Still believe that ultimately we need a new manager but am probably not allowed to say that seen as we won 5 games in a row a few months ago and have just beaten Berwick :wink:

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2011, 11:01 AM
3 years we can sell him and get another new stand :wink:

Sir David Gray
25-08-2011, 11:31 AM

:agree: If he does make a return, hopefully he can leave all that nonsense behind at Parkhead. We don't need to be embroiled in all that sort of stuff.

aberhibsfc
25-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Think we need a drum kit smilie for all the bdum tsch moments.

PeterboroHibee
25-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Would rather we signed someone else tbh, we basically have 1 experienced defender at the club given that Hart is never fit so another youngster is hardly ideal.

I do think Towell is a decent young player, versatile enough and if we could get him on a long term deal without any clauses that mean Celtic can get him back on the cheap I would be slightly more optimistic about it, but sure there are other options.

Iain G
25-08-2011, 11:44 AM
:agree: If he does make a return, hopefully he can leave all that nonsense behind at Parkhead. We don't need to be embroiled in all that sort of stuff.

Surely its no different than any foreign player suffering racist abuse from the fans or other players? Sectarianism needs to be stamped out of Scottish society, ignoring it and hoping it will go away aint gonna help. Personally don't see how Towell raising the issue was "embarassing" for Hibs? :confused:

--------
25-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Would rather we signed someone else tbh, we basically have 1 experienced defender at the club given that Hart is never fit so another youngster is hardly ideal.

I do think Towell is a decent young player, versatile enough and if we could get him on a long term deal without any clauses that mean Celtic can get him back on the cheap I would be slightly more optimistic about it, but sure there are other options.

:agree:

Absolutely. If this goes through (and I kinda hope it does - it's not the ideal, maybe, but he's a decent enough player and did OK last season) we STILL need a back-up centre-back.

At this moment in time, David Stephens simply WILL NOT DO. Later, after he's learned a lot, maybe. Not right now.

hibee92
25-08-2011, 11:47 AM
would love him back :agree:

MyJo
25-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Whittaker was a midfielder who was put to right back sometimes because he could play there when he was 18/19. Mowbray came in and told him he was a right back and kept him there and he has gone on to be one of the best in that position in the country.

Towell is in a similar situation of being seen as a utility player but he done well at right back last season and a good run in the first team gaining experience in that position would hopefully see him develop into the role like Whittaker did before him.

ivan03
25-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Signed loan deal. Waiting to here if it's til jan or full season!

Sir David Gray
25-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Surely its no different than any foreign player suffering racist abuse from the fans or other players? Sectarianism needs to be stamped out of Scottish society, ignoring it and hoping it will go away aint gonna help. Personally don't see how Towell raising the issue was "embarassing" for Hibs? :confused:

I just don't think it was helpful to the Edinburgh rivalry for a player to bring up that kind of subject, in the lead up to a derby game. We've had loads of players from the Irish Republic over the years (Alan O'Brien, Liam Miller, Anthony Stokes, Patrick Cregg, David Van Zanten etc, etc) and I don't think any of them received any "special" treatment from Hearts fans because of their nationality or their perceived religious beliefs.

All Towell achieved in saying what he said was make himself an even bigger target for abuse. He did receive a few jeers and boos from the Hearts fans in that game, whenever he had the ball, more so than any of our other players. It was treatment that I don't think he would personally have got if he hadn't said all that.

He is still a young man and I think he showed a bit of immaturity and naivety with those comments. Hopefully, if he does come back, he'll drop all that stuff.

By all means, if he experiences any specific problems relating to sectarianism then report it to police, otherwise he should just concentrate on the football. I'm not too sure what blabbing about it to the tabloid press will achieve.

If he comes back then I will welcome him. He'll undoubtedly improve our RB position, which is something that we need to get sorted out before next week.

greenlex
25-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Would be good to get someone in who can play naturally at RB but i cannot believe that Towell is the best available. Niethe do I. I think towell will be tge midfield playmaker a spoony will be right back.

EK_Hibs
25-08-2011, 12:21 PM
He was right though.

Oh dear :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
25-08-2011, 12:24 PM
I just don't think it was helpful to the Edinburgh rivalry for a player to bring up that kind of subject, in the lead up to a derby game. We've had loads of players from the Irish Republic over the years (Alan O'Brien, Liam Miller, Anthony Stokes, Patrick Cregg, David Van Zanten etc, etc) and I don't think any of them received any "special" treatment from Hearts fans because of their nationality or their perceived religious beliefs.

All Towell achieved in saying what he said was make himself an even bigger target for abuse. He did receive a few jeers and boos from the Hearts fans in that game, whenever he had the ball, more so than any of our other players. It was treatment that I don't think he would personally have got if he hadn't said all that.

He is still a young man and I think he showed a bit of immaturity and naivety with those comments. Hopefully, if he does come back, he'll drop all that stuff.

By all means, if he experiences any specific problems relating to sectarianism then report it to police, otherwise he should just concentrate on the football. I'm not too sure what blabbing about it to the tabloid press will achieve.

If he comes back then I will welcome him. He'll undoubtedly improve our RB position, which is something that we need to get sorted out before next week.

Totally agree.

steakbake
25-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Good to see him back, if this is true. I think he's a decent young prospect and will do a job for us.

Every silver lining has a cloud for some folk - forget those comments he made and just move on from it. We're already giving it more significance that it actually deserves.

Franck is God
25-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Whittaker was a midfielder who was put to right back sometimes because he could play there when he was 18/19. Mowbray came in and told him he was a right back and kept him there and he has gone on to be one of the best in that position in the country.

Towell is in a similar situation of being seen as a utility player but he done well at right back last season and a good run in the first team gaining experience in that position would hopefully see him develop into the role like Whittaker did before him.

A lot of players end up in different positions to the ones they played as youth players and whittaker is a good example of this, pretty sure Rob Jones was a centre forward when he started playing.

I would say that having seen him play a number of times for Hibs last season he falls into the category of being a right back who can do a job in midfield rather than the other way round. He is quick, comfortable on the ball, likes to get forward and if I remember correctly has quite a useful long throw on him too.

It wouldn't be an unexpected signing as CC said at the end of his loan deal that he'd like him back at ER for this season but IMO would be a very good one particularly if it was a permanent deal.

sahib
25-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Signed loan deal. Waiting to here if it's til jan or full season!

Celtic mole and saboteur, if you ask me.

Speedway
25-08-2011, 12:49 PM
It is being reported on Hibs Mad (who got it from .net) and on the bounce, by he same OP.

Ultimately, I think, that bringing him in will mean having a larger squad than we had this time last month.

Aldo
25-08-2011, 01:00 PM
One to go then....who will it be????

CH??? CMF?? or a CF???? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

glad towell is back on board though....young but full of potential. O and Hopefully a perm deal!!

AustinHibee
25-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Hopefully permanent deal so he does not have to sit out games against sellick.

jws1875
25-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Quick search on google to see if theres anything about this and it popped up a celtic forum had a look and their all saying he's signed for us but not sure if its loan or perm :thumbsup:

steakbake
25-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Ultimately, I think, that bringing him in will mean having a larger squad than we had this time last month.

Profound analysis! :not worth

I'll only add that he may or may not boost our defence or midfield, depending upon how, where or whether he plays or indeed if he's been signed.

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Confirmed as Loan deal until June :aok:

panshibby
25-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Season long loan, on offy site

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110825/towell-rejoins-club-on-loan_2262950_2431774

sleeping giant
25-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Confirmed as Loan deal until June :aok:

Making the right noises anyway :greengrin

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110825/towell-rejoins-club-on-loan_2262950_2431774

JimBHibees
25-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Is there a limit to the number of loan signings we are able to bring in.

Are Airey and now Towell the only 2?

Rivers Cuomo
25-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Good Signing :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
25-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Happy enough with this.

Very young back line and looks as if our goals against will continue to be too high......

However welcome back and we're not short of pace down the right !

frazeHFC
25-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Great news :thumbsup:

stubru59
25-08-2011, 01:49 PM
When does his contract at Celtic run out?

Westie1875
25-08-2011, 01:54 PM
A wee bit annoyed its another loan spell but needs must I suppose, when is his contract at the smellies up?

Saorsa
25-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I liked him but I can't say I'm happy he's back only as a loan player, would have taken him permanently, that means once again our RB cannae play in four of the most important games of the season. Surely there has been enough time tae find somebody else on a permanent basis.

Darren1875
25-08-2011, 01:55 PM
When does his contract at Celtic run out?

Same time as his loan deal ends

H18sry
25-08-2011, 01:57 PM
What's the point in a season long loan? We are just making him better for our rivals to profit from, and he will not be able to play against them this season,loans between clubs in the same league should not have any restrictions.

Riordans Boots
25-08-2011, 01:58 PM

I am though :greengrin

hibeeleicester
25-08-2011, 01:58 PM
What's the point in a season long loan? We are just making him better for our rivals to profit from, and he will not be able to play against them this season,loans between clubs in the same league should not have any restrictions.

It saves us money!

Diclonius
25-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Excellent.

Straight into the first eleven for the derby please. :aok:

Elephant Stone
25-08-2011, 02:00 PM

We can get him for free when the loan expires.

hibeeleicester
25-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Or Pre-Contract in January!

Speedway
25-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Depending on how he performs, we've effectively bought him out of the last year of his contract with Celtic, meaning that when his loan ends, he's a free agent (assuming he doesn't get and accept an offer from Celtic)

JimBHibees
25-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Games against Celtc are never going to define our season. He is a decent young talent and did ok when he was last here. Hopefully he will kick on this season and develop as a player and help the team win a few more games.

Elephant Stone
25-08-2011, 02:05 PM

Excellent! Straight into the team for Sunday please :greengrin

Speedway
25-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Excellent! Straight into the team for Sunday please :greengrin

Can't. Terms of the deal state that he can't play against any other SPL club.

hibee92
25-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Wise bit of business there. Instead of paying a fee for him, bringing him in on loan and trying to sort out a deal in January if wanted :agree:

PeeJay
25-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Think he's a good signing for us (even if only as a loan until the end of the season) He's a young guy and he's still learning just like the others, but I think he's got great potential.

Saorsa
25-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Depending on how he performs, we've effectively bought him out of the last year of his contract with Celtic, meaning that when his loan ends, he's a free agent (assuming he doesn't get and accept an offer from Celtic)Even if disnae accept another offer from them and ends up a free agent, if he's any good the chances are he'll attract attention from elsewhere and he'll just as likely be off somewhere else for more dosh than we can offer. Then we'll be back were we started looking for another RB.

Speedway
25-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Even if disnae accept another offer from them, if he's any good the chances are he'll attract attention from elsewhere and he'll just as likely be off somewhere else for more dosh than we can offer. Then we'll be back were we started looking for another RB.

Don't worry, Hart will be fit by then.

JimBHibees
25-08-2011, 02:09 PM

:faf::faf:

Saorsa
25-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Don't worry, Hart will be fit by then.:hilarious

Wheat Hound
25-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Don't worry, Hart will be fit by then. More chance of Tony Hart being fit by then.Is there a limit to how many loan signings you have at any one time? If so, does this affect the Griffiths deal?

Speedway
25-08-2011, 02:14 PM
More chance of Tony Hart being fit by then.Is there a limit to how many loan signings you have at any one time? If so, does this affect the Griffiths deal?

No, There's no danger Terry Griffiths would come to us.

Part/Time Supporter
25-08-2011, 02:15 PM

He would be handy though if and when CC reaches the 'snookers required' stage.

aljo7-0
25-08-2011, 02:22 PM
:greengrin Thanks Speedway that made me smile on an otherwise rubbish day.

I'm glad to see him back. I thought he looked a good wee player and is giving us decent cover in a prblem position.

Chuck Rhoades
25-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I liked him but I can't say I'm happy he's back only as a loan player, would have taken him permanently, that means once again our RB cannae play in four of the most important games of the season. Surely there has been enough time tae find somebody else on a permanent basis.

Might only be two, played them once and we might not make top six.

MB62
25-08-2011, 02:35 PM

We have already played the dodgers once so, assuming we make the top six, that's only another three to go, unless we get them in a cup.
Our big games are against everybody other than the OF so I have no problems there.

Scooter
25-08-2011, 02:38 PM
good player, nice guy.

But again he will be another make shift RB

smurf
25-08-2011, 02:40 PM

Not so sure. Just like Rodders when the pot is on he elects to play safe...

Hibernia Na Eir
25-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm personally not a fan of Towell... However, given how we've struggled at RB lately I'd welcome his return.Hopefully he doesn't embarrass the club again with statements about being abused because he's Catholic and Irish.:blah: aye. because then tynecastle would be Up to its knees in his blood again. I think his statement was a genuine one made by an irishman who genuinely didn't have a clue about the bigotry that went with HMFC's "fans". I'm sure come 345pm on Sunday the unwashed hordes of gorgie bigots will let him know about his statement, should he start.

Craig_in_Prague
25-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Heard the Rodders has a snooker room in his 6 bedroom house (other rooms are used for 'tache grooming and other things not allowed to mention on a public site), but anyway he's got a beautiful table, good cue, but he's struggling to get a higher break than 1, until he get's down to the colours........

Hibee87
25-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I think the SPL's stance on loan singings is we can have 5 loan players over the course of a season with a maximun of 4 at any one time.

So IF the sparky rumours are true still be able to get him :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
25-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Joe Davis did.

Golden Bear
25-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Joe Davis did.

:faf:

I'm "mature" enough to appreciate that one.

:greengrin

Franck is God
25-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Even if disnae accept another offer from them and ends up a free agent, if he's any good the chances are he'll attract attention from elsewhere and he'll just as likely be off somewhere else for more dosh than we can offer. Then we'll be back were we started looking for another RB.

What a negative way of looking at it, would you rather he was rubbish?

There are so many people on this board that want us to sign good players then when they arrive they moan about the length of deal and how they will automatically want to leave again.

Welcome Back Ritchie, I hope you have an amazing season and we can't afford to keep you on, that can only be good for the Hibees!

hibs0666
25-08-2011, 04:38 PM

Like the O'Connor signing?

Dinkydoo
25-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Pleased with this.

Let's hope he starts on Sunday!

sesoim
25-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm happy Towell has joined us, although I expected him to join us after the Celtic game. We might have dropped a few less points since then with him at RB. I still feel we need another CB, though. Considering we don't have an assistant manager, an experienced guy in his 30s who wants to go into management would fit the bill as a player-assistant. Somebody like Christian Dailly would have been fine if had been a bit younger. Or preferably, another Sauzee.

Andy74
25-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm happy Towell has joined us, although I expected him to join us after the Celtic game. We might have dropped a few less points since then with him at RB. I still feel we need another CB, though. Considering we don't have an assistant manager, an experienced guy in his 30s who wants to go into management would fit the bill as a player-assistant. Somebody like Christian Dailly would have been fine if had been a bit younger. Or preferably, another Sauzee.

We still dropped plenty points with him in the team at the end of last year.

I like him but he's also inexperienced, has made a couple of real howlers already but hopefully learns quickly.

I think he should work quite well with Sproule. He can also take a decent throw in.

TariqE
25-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Will believe this when confirmed on os

This is very good news if true!

:greengrin You were down for your steak bake early this morning....

Source please

Sorry, got this rumour all wrong- loan deal no perms (perms are so 1980's......)

:thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
25-08-2011, 05:30 PM
We still dropped plenty points with him in the team at the end of last year.

I like him but he's also inexperienced, has made a couple of real howlers already but hopefully learns quickly.

I think he should work quite well with Sproule. He can also take a decent throw in.

Hope he doesn't repeat his debut howler on his second debut on Sunday!:rolleyes:

down-the-slope
25-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Hope he doesn't repeat his debut howler on his second debut on Sunday!:rolleyes:

thanks for that bit of light releif :rolleyes:

KeithTheHibby
25-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Good signing and we know what he is capable of doing.

Immediately better than having Hart, Pallson or Spoony at RB for sure.

H18sry
25-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Depending on how he performs, we've effectively bought him out of the last year of his contract with Celtic, meaning that when his loan ends, he's a free agent (assuming he doesn't get and accept an offer from Celtic)

His contract still has 2 years to run :wink:

SquashedFrogg
25-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Probably just a fringe player...?:hide:

Yeah, the hair puns are back!

Can't wait to see his highlights :rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
25-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Good signing and we know what he is capable of doing.

Immediately better than having Hart, Pallson or Spoony at RB for sure.

Now VP can move back into midfield replacing Murray. Looking forward to Sunday.

I really feel we have the bones of a good team here but the young players need time.

AlbertK86
25-08-2011, 09:29 PM
cannae say I'm excited about Towell coming back. Must be better RBs out there. However probably better than wot else we got in that position just now

basehibby
25-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty pleased with this as Towell did very well for us last season, but our defence is still woefully short of experience. I would love to see another seasoned Centre half coming in but will be surprised if it happens. I really rate Hanlon and think young Stephens has bags of potential but can see them leaking plenty of goals without the right kind of experienced player beside them to guide them through. O'Hanlon looks the right sort but he has played what, 2 games so far??? He may well come back in and play the majority of the season without injury and suspension but then again he might not!

PS - welcome back Richie :thumbsup:

NOLA
25-08-2011, 10:50 PM

played them once already mind! so only 2 more games against them in the league this season.

SteveHFC
25-08-2011, 10:57 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/default.stm

Typical BBC.

Good Signing :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
25-08-2011, 11:33 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/default.stm

Typical BBC.

Good Signing :thumbsup:

:confused: What's up with what they've reported on that page?

Am I missing something really obvious!? :dunno:

SteveHFC
25-08-2011, 11:35 PM
:confused: What's up with what they've reported on that page?

Am I missing something really obvious!? :dunno:

Celtic full-back Richie Towell is rejoining Hibernian on loan until January.

Sir David Gray
25-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Celtic full-back Richie Towell is rejoining Hibernian on loan until January.

Ah right, I've got you now! :doh:

Time for bed! :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
25-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Ah right, I've got you now! :doh:

Time for bed! :thumbsup:

:greengrin