PDA

View Full Version : Disabled

DMR1875
24-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Hello fellow Hibs fans, can you help? My wife is disabled, we have not got a season ticket because she might not get to go every week, does it mean the carer cant go if she is unwell?
It's a shame to waste two seats when someone can use them if they had a disibility card to proof it.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Hello fellow Hibs fans, can you help? My wife is disabled, we have not got a season ticket because she might not get to go every week, does it mean the carer cant go if she is unwell?
It's a shame to waste two seats when someone can use them if they had a disibility card to proof it.

No.

I missed a game last season and the person who is designated as my "carer" got in without any problems and wasn't challenged at all by any steward.

They may ask what you're doing in the disabled section without anyone who is obviously disabled alongside you, but if you show them your season ticket, you'll be fine.

monktonharp
24-08-2011, 11:34 PM
No.

I missed a game last season and the person who is designated as my "carer" got in without any problems and wasn't challenged at all by any steward.

They may ask what you're doing in the disabled section without anyone who is obviously disabled alongside you, but if you show them your season ticket, you'll be fine.has he not just said they dont have season tickets???

Sir David Gray
24-08-2011, 11:50 PM
has he not just said they dont have season tickets???

Yep, time for my bed. :bye:

In that case, I doubt very much if you'll get classed as a "carer" and therefore get a concession ticket, if your wife doesn't go with you.

Sorry about the confusion!

Jay
25-08-2011, 07:22 AM
I took it that the op meant if they did get St's could the carer go alone? The answer is yes, probably not supposed to but I was never challenged when I was my dads carer and he couldnt make it. I suppose you would have to be prepared to upgrade your ticket if asked.

Luna Landing
25-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Phone the clubs help line and chat to them about your needs . They were great last season when my wife had a broken foot and we needed to swap seats - nothing too much trouble so I'm sure they will get you sorted out

Sir David Gray
25-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I took it that the op meant if they did get St's could the carer go alone? The answer is yes, probably not supposed to but I was never challenged when I was my dads carer and he couldnt make it. I suppose you would have to be prepared to upgrade your ticket if asked.

I've had some sleep since last night and that's what I thought the guy meant as well. I'm glad it's not just me! :greengrin

Yeah, if you have a season ticket and the disabled person can't go, the carer can still go to the match. As you say, technically you're probably not supposed to but, like I said last night, when I couldn't go last season, my carer got in without any problems.