PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2011, 07:40 PM
He is regarded as a hammer thrower by many, but I feel he has to start at the PBS on Sunday.

Westie1875
24-08-2011, 07:49 PM
He is regarded as a hammer thrower by many, but
I feel he has to start at the PBS on Sunday.

Absolutely, who else is going to throw the hammers at Ian Black? :greengrin:devil:

Seriously though, I agree, he must start the match in the middle with Palsson IMO. GOC & Sodje upfront please CC.

Hibercelona
24-08-2011, 07:54 PM
He is regarded as a hammer thrower by many, but I feel he has to start at the PBS on Sunday.

Lets just hope that he's a harder hammer thrower than them lot then, because thats what we need to beat them. :agree:

R'Albin
24-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Yup.

Delighted that he grabbed two last night, hopefully a confidence boost.. Also, I think he is definately worth keeping as a squad player cause every squad needs a bruiser and he certainly is. He works Hard for the cause as well:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2011, 08:15 PM

He would be in my starting 11 on Sunday that is for sure

Barney McGrew
24-08-2011, 08:16 PM
He would be in my starting 11 on Sunday that is for sure

On last night's performance I'd agree

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2011, 08:18 PM
On last night's performance I'd agree

A bit more dig in midfield to combat their midfield

woody47
24-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Certainly agree he should start on Sunday as he seems to have an abundance of energy which, in most of the rest of the team, is sadly lacking. He also has that bite that we have been missing since Scotty Brown left.
My only concern is he has such a short fuse. As long as he can control that to a degree, it will interesting seeing him and that thug Black compete (and I do not see Black winning).

lyonhibs
24-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Absolutely, who else is going to throw the hammers at Ian Black? :greengrin:devil:

Seriously though, I agree, he must start the match in the middle with Palsson IMO. GOC & Sodje upfront please CC.

I would be amazed if we started with 2 up top at Tynecastle. It will be the usual midfield kick-fest, and we need to finally win that part of the game at Tynie for the first time in <Insert a very long time here>.

Palsson, Scott and 1 of Murray/Thornhill or Osborne (if fit) in the center for me, with 2 speedy wingers to support O'Connor. 2 of the midfield central 3 should rarely get too far across the halfway line, liberating the other one (probably Scott) to make late runs into the box.

Zazu62
24-08-2011, 09:01 PM
No danger will he play 2 up front IMHO, 4-2-3-1.

bingo70
24-08-2011, 09:25 PM
I've never really thought Scott was as bad as is made out, he's obvoiusly not the next Zidane but for someone that very rarely plays the amount of abuse he started to pick up this season seems out of sync with how much or little he's contributed.

TBH he's never stood out for me as being particularly good or bad so i'm pretty indifferent if he starts on saturday, i'd say it's worth giving him a go instead of Murray or Stevenson though as the system clearly hasn't worked with those two in there.

I also don't see why we wouldn't start with two up front, we've only gone with one up front this season as GoC has been our only fit Striker, IMO we will start with Sodje and GoC up front, not entirely sure how he'll line up the midfield but if it was up to me i'd drop sproule have Scott, Thornhill and Osbourne in a narrow midfield with Pallson sitting deep and the width coming from Wotherspoon and Booth in the full back positions.

I'm worried about Templeton and Driver running at our full backs though

ahibby
25-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I agree that Palsson and Scott would give us a bit of dig in midfield but I'd find it hard to leave Murray out after his performance against St Mirren. I wouldn't like to play all three of them as I think we need Spoony or Thornhill and Sproule in there two. Would like to see us feeling bold enough to play Sodge and GOC, but I have my doubts. Could be that he'll play Sproule, Thornhill, Murray, Palsson, Scott, in a five man midfield. Murray and Scott also capable of snatching a goal.

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2011, 03:50 PM
He deserves a start in my opinion, nice to see a midfielder weighing in with goals for a change. Ian Murray used to weigh in with the odd goal, about time he did again.

lucky
25-08-2011, 03:55 PM

Reasonable post Bob surely whats more important is what choice of outfit should the fashionable Hibs fans be adoring on Sunday? :greengrin