PDA

View Full Version : Ian's Testimonial match, players line-up

big-mo
24-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Ian Murray’s Testimonial Match Day Details

Sunday 4 September 2011

1.15 pm - Hibs Heroes v Hibs Fans (30 minute game)
2.00 pm - Hibernian FC v Hibernian Legends
Gates Open at 1.00 pm
Ticket Prices - £ 15 Adults and £ 7 Concessions
VIP Tickets £ 30
Tickets on Sale in person from Hibernian Ticket Office, Albion Place, Edinburgh
Online - www.hibernianfc.co.uk (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/)
Telephone - 0844 844 1875

The following players have confirmed that they will be playing on the day -

HIBERNIAN LEGENDS SQUAD

Nick Colgan
Andy Goram
Jimmy Boco
Gary Smith
Chris Hogg
Steven Tweed
John Collins
John O'Neil
Dean Sheils
Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin
Darren Jackson
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Tom McManus
Stuart Lovell
Steven Fletcher

HIBS HEROES SQUAD
Jason Gardiner
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
John Hughes
Emilio Bottiglieri
Danny Lennon
Joe Tortolano

Andy McNeil had to withdraw as he will be playing in the quarter final of the Ramsden cup at Berwick on the 4th.

(we are still awaiting confirmation from a few more legends and guests)

However the one and only Patrick Vieira will defiantly be playing for the Hibernian FC team. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not worthy.gif

http://www.ianmurraytestimonial.net/Images/Hibernian.jpg

Woody1985
24-08-2011, 05:09 PM
How long is vieira likely to be on the pitch?

That's my main interest! My granda was disappointed at no sauzee as that's what he was looking forward to.

I'm taking the girlfriends 5 year old to this as her first hibs game. Hopefully ease her in and get her out of the hun clutches of her brother!

Westie1875
24-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Delighted (and surprised Mick McCarthy has allowed it) that Steven Fletcher is coming back for this, be good to see him in the green again. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
24-08-2011, 06:00 PM
It's magic that wee Russell is playing!!!

bigstu
24-08-2011, 06:29 PM
should be a good day :thumbsup:

dirtydirk
24-08-2011, 06:37 PM
No chance of big Frank coming to play I take it???! I reckon he would double the attendance

Woody1985
24-08-2011, 06:38 PM
It's magic that wee Russell is playing!!! :agree:Hopefully more than 5 minute cameo and ripping vieira, if they're on different teams of course.

frazeHFC
24-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Missing it. :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2011, 06:49 PM
£15 for a bounce match?! Vieira must be costing a fortune.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-08-2011, 07:00 PM
no Keith Keith??

Andy Goram? good gk for Hibs, just hope he keeps his mouth shut.

Woody1985
24-08-2011, 07:06 PM
£15 for a bounce match?! Vieira must be costing a fortune. It's to make the low % of charity donations look more generous.:tee hee:

Albion Hibs
24-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Would not think Viera would be coming all the way up to play for 5 mins, I would think he would be playing the whole game, it is not like he will be struggling for fitness. Cant wait to see him in a Hibs strip, Captain of the invincibles in the green and white!

Taking along my nephew, will be his first game and dont think there will be many, if any more chances for him to see the likes of Latapy, Boozy, Fletch, O'Neil, Goram....other than when I get p"ssed at xmas and crack out the DVD collection...no where near the same. Cant wait!

bob12345
24-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I guess this means Fletch is already resigned to now being involved with the Scotland double header :(

.Sean.
24-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Sunday 4 September 2011

Gates Open at 1.00 pm
VIP Tickets £ 30

HIBERNIAN LEGENDS SQUAD

Nick Colgan
Andy Goram
Jimmy Boco
Gary Smith
Chris Hogg
Steven Tweed
John Collins
John O'Neil
Dean Sheils
Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin
Darren Jackson
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Tom McManus
Stuart Lovell
Steven Fletcher

HIBS HEROES SQUAD
Jason Gardiner
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
John Hughes
Emilio Bottiglieri
Danny Lennon
Joe Tortolano

Andy McNeil had to withdraw as he will be playing in the quarter final of the Ramsden cup at Berwick on the 4th.

However the one and only Patrick Vieira will defiantly be playing for the Hibernian FC team. :not worth

Thought Zitelli was playing?

Viva_Palmeiras
24-08-2011, 08:45 PM

Sunday 4 September 2011

Gates Open at 1.00 pm
VIP Tickets £ 30

HIBERNIAN LEGENDS SQUAD

Nick Colgan
Andy Goram
Jimmy Boco
Gary Smith
Chris Hogg
Steven Tweed
John Collins
John O'Neil
Dean Sheils
Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin
Darren Jackson
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Tom McManus
Stuart Lovell
Steven Fletcher

HIBS HEROES SQUAD
Jason Gardiner
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
John Hughes
Emilio Bottiglieri
Danny Lennon
Joe Tortolano

However the one and only Patrick Vieira will defiantly be playing for the Hibernian FC team. :not worth

Interesting I'll ave a bit of that may take the wee man along too.

SteveHFC
24-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Sunday 4 September 2011

Gates Open at 1.00 pm
VIP Tickets £ 30

HIBERNIAN LEGENDS SQUAD

Nick Colgan
Andy Goram
Jimmy Boco
Gary Smith
Chris Hogg
Steven Tweed
John Collins
John O'Neil
Dean Sheils
Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin
Darren Jackson
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Tom McManus
Stuart Lovell
Steven Fletcher

HIBS HEROES SQUAD
Jason Gardiner
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
John Hughes
Emilio Bottiglieri
Danny Lennon
Joe Tortolano

Looking forward to see Jimmy Boco. one of my favourite players. :aok:

Last Minute
24-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Has Sauzee been asked ? if so, and it was no, what was his reason

Calvin
24-08-2011, 09:30 PM
What is Viera defying to play? :greengrin

I was swithering about this but the list of players is enticing me to go.

chrisski33
24-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Since when was chris hogg a hibs legend? ;-)

big-mo
24-08-2011, 10:26 PM
no Keith Keith??

Andy Goram? good gk for Hibs, just hope he keeps his mouth shut.

Keith, Keith, Keith will be playing, sorry, missed off list of players.

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2011, 10:33 PM

Sunday 4 September 2011

Gates Open at 1.00 pm
VIP Tickets £ 30

HIBERNIAN LEGENDS SQUAD

Nick Colgan
Andy Goram
Jimmy Boco
Gary Smith
Chris Hogg
Steven Tweed
John Collins
John O'Neil
Dean Sheils
Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin
Darren Jackson
Gareth Evans
Craig Brewster
Tom McManus
Stuart Lovell
Steven Fletcher

HIBS HEROES SQUAD
Jason Gardiner
Paul Kane
Gordon Hunter
Chic Charnley
Mickey Weir
John Hughes
Emilio Bottiglieri
Danny Lennon
Joe Tortolano

However the one and only Patrick Vieira will defiantly be playing for the Hibernian FC team. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Spoke to Jason tonight, he got the call to play this afternoon and is delighted.

.Whitey.
25-08-2011, 07:27 AM
I am so excited to be playing against the Hibs Heroes team! What sort of attendance do you think we will get for this match?

Frazerbob
25-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Since when was chris hogg a hibs legend? ;-)

Since he was a member of a cup winning team maybe?

ManBearPig
25-08-2011, 08:52 AM
What a selection of players!! gutted no Le God though.

Looking forward to watching heroes vs fans game as well.

Should be a good day out!!

silverhibee
25-08-2011, 12:19 PM
What a selection of players!! gutted no Le God though.

Looking forward to watching heroes vs fans game as well.

Should be a good day out!!

Apart from Sauzee the only other fans favourite to not make it must be Deek. Gutted,.

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Apart from Sauzee the only other fans favourite to not make it must be Deek. Gutted,.

Who said Deek was a favourite likes :devil:

silverhibee
25-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Who said Deek was a favourite likes :devil:

Frank is God for one. :greengrin

J-C
25-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Gordon Smart from the Sun told me on twitter that he may be pulling boots on for the testimonial, decent player when he was younger, until a bad injury. He's coming up for the derby, going to the game with Kano.

Hibs90
25-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Jimmy Boco
John Collins
John O'Neil
Dean Sheils
Russell Latapy
Guillaume Beuzelin
Steven Fletcher

I'm now convinced. Jimmy, jimmy jimmy boco! :flag:

Makaveli
25-08-2011, 03:35 PM
The line-ups look great :agree:

How was the distinction between legend and hero decided though? Most are obvious but for me Yogi is more of a legend than Hogg or Tweed, and I'd put Weir/Tortolano ahead of Evans.

I would have loved to see Zitelli/Paco/Mixu playing again.

Lucius Apuleius
25-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Frank is God for one. :greengrin

Who is he?
Who is he?
Who is he?
Who is he?
Who is he?
:greengrin

big-mo
25-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Yet another player has confirmed that he will be playing in the Testimonial game.

OOOOOH ZEMMAMA.........http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Yes, Merouane Zemmama will also be joining the ranks of the Hibs Legends playing in Ian's testimonial game.

And for all that have been asking, Yes, Franck has been asked to play but has not as yet replied.

Newhaven
25-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Spoke to Jason tonight, he got the call to play this afternoon and is delighted.

Slight digression but he used to work in the old snooker hall at the bottom of the walk? :confused:

tamig
25-08-2011, 09:45 PM
£15 for a bounce match?! Vieira must be costing a fortune.

You aren't being serious surely? £15 is great value for some of the players on show. And I don't think many players ask for money to play in testimonials these days. Is Vieira not big mates with Jimmy? I'm sure he'll have got him involved.

.Sean.
26-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Yet another player has confirmed that he will be playing in the Testimonial game.OOOOOH ZEMMAMA.........http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif Yes, Merouane Zemmama will also be joining the ranks of the Hibs Legends playing in Ian's testimonial game.And for all that have been asking, Yes, Franck has been asked to play but has not as yet replied. Did you receive my PM mate...?

Mary Hinge
26-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Any chance of moving the games back a couple of weeks ?

I'm flying out to Turkey on the 2nd and the wife's not up for moving the holiday :fuming:

Albion Hibs
26-08-2011, 10:58 AM
You aren't being serious surely? £15 is great value for some of the players on show. And I don't think many players ask for money to play in testimonials these days. Is Vieira not big mates with Jimmy? I'm sure he'll have got him involved.

Totally agree mate. I cant believe folk are still rattling on about price. Lets be honest what was the other night £10 to watch a third division team? and folk still have an issue about getting the chance to watch some of our legendary players over the recent years play in the green and white again, along with cup winning players, and footballing legends like Viera, all for a great occassion for the club. In addition the 7 aside match before is also filled with some great players and a chance for us to see them play again, and the younger generation for the first time. Alas a 90 min game and a 60 min (?) game, seems like a day out and very good value for money. Lets not forget charity will also be benefiting.

Bash on, lets get a good win this weekend and have a great celebration next weekend!

Danderhall Hibs
26-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Totally agree mate. I cant believe folk are still rattling on about price. Lets be honest what was the other night £10 to watch a third division team? and folk still have an issue about getting the chance to watch some of our legendary players over the recent years play in the green and white again, along with cup winning players, and footballing legends like Viera, all for a great occassion for the club. In addition the 7 aside match before is also filled with some great players and a chance for us to see them play again, and the younger generation for the first time. Alas a 90 min game and a 60 min (?) game, seems like a day out and very good value for money. Lets not forget charity will also be benefiting.

Bash on, lets get a good win this weekend and have a great celebration next weekend!

Rattling on? I've mentioned it once!

How much of my £15 goes to charity?

tamig
26-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Rattling on? I've mentioned it once!

How much of my £15 goes to charity?

There's plenty justgiving sites (then even more of your cash goes to the charity) and official charity sites around these days if you're really that concerned :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2011, 10:15 PM
There's plenty justgiving sites (then even more of your cash goes to the charity) and official charity sites around these days if you're really that concerned :rolleyes:

I dont think its wrong to ask just how much will be going to charity, do you?:confused:

marinello59
26-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I dont think its wrong to ask just how much will be going to charity, do you?:confused:

It is a fair enough question but not one I think will be answered until the final totals are in. Which is also fair.

(

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2011, 10:21 PM
It is a fair enough question but not one I think will be answered until the final totals are in. Which is also fair.

(

I'd have thought they would have said what the percentage would be?

marinello59
26-08-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd have thought they would have said what the percentage would be?

Unless they have a minimum figure in mind which could increase according to the total income. Who knows?

blackpoolhibs
26-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Unless they have a minimum figure in mind which could increase according to the total income. Who knows?

Yip nobody knows, and to be fair it does not affect me anyway as i wont be there. I was, as a few others seem to be interested in just how much was going to charity?

down-the-slope
27-08-2011, 12:51 AM
fair play to JC & Yogi for not letting their recent managerial stints affect their willingness to play....JC still loking fitter than the proverbial butchers Dug too :greengrin

extra dosh for 6 pack flash :rolleyes:

:wink:

Beefster
27-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Yip nobody knows, and to be fair it does not affect me anyway as i wont be there. I was, as a few others seem to be interested in just how much was going to charity?

It's the question which must not be answered.

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2011, 01:41 PM
It's the question which must not be answered.

Not only is it the question that must not be answered, it's the question that must not be asked!

I didn't realise that noone knew and I would cause offence by asking! Although the gadge up above did say it's a better percentage than a Just Giving website so maybe he knows the split?

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Not only is it the question that must not be answered, it's the question that must not be asked!

I didn't realise that noone knew and I would cause offence by asking! Although the gadge up above did say it's a better percentage than a Just Giving website so maybe he knows the split?

Players like Nial Quinn told everyone that all the proceeds from his testimonial was going to charity, a local hospital if my memory serves me right, there's been others too. Jamie Carregher set up a foundation cant remember what for,with the proceeds of his, with all the proceeds going towards that.

big-mo
29-08-2011, 08:24 AM
The Testimonial Committee can now announce that in addition to Patrick Vieria playing for Hibs in the match, Robert Pires has now also agreed to play.
Pires has played 79 times for France and was also a World Cup and Euro winner.

All Sponsorship and Hospitality Packages are SOLD OUT for the game however a limited amount of VIP Tickets are available for the Edinburgh Suite

A free prize draw for all VIP ticket holders will be made on the day with the winner receiving a Hibs strip signed by Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires and Ian Murray
VIP Ticket includes Executive West Stand Seating, Complimentary Half Time Snack, Match Programme personally signed by Ian Murray and Pay Bar (Pre/Post Match)
Tickets priced £30 are available from Hibs Ticket Office / Clubstore or by phoning 0844 844 1875 OPTION 2

lucky
29-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Still think less than 4000 will show. If Sauzee comes then it will be over 10000. Vieira and Pires were decent players in there time but are well past there best and have no link with hibs

hibee92
29-08-2011, 09:47 AM
The Testimonial Committee can now announce that in addition to Patrick Vieria playing for Hibs in the match, Robert Pires has now also agreed to play.
Pires has played 79 times for France and was also a World Cup and Euro winner.

All Sponsorship and Hospitality Packages are SOLD OUT for the game however a limited amount of VIP Tickets are available for the Edinburgh Suite

A free prize draw for all VIP ticket holders will be made on the day with the winner receiving a Hibs strip signed by Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires and Ian Murray
VIP Ticket includes Executive West Stand Seating, Complimentary Half Time Snack, Match Programme personally signed by Ian Murray and Pay Bar (Pre/Post Match)
Tickets priced £30 are available from Hibs Ticket Office / Clubstore or by phoning 0844 844 1875 OPTION 2

:top marks

southfieldhibby
29-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Sounds like a decent line up being sorted, but does Murray really deserve a testimonial? I've always thought 10 years unbroken service is how you get one, not letting your contract run down, leaving on a free to an arch-rival, giving the finger to Hibbys, then returning when no-one else would offer you more money.

I like Murray fwiw and thought him and Stack were the only ones who got pass marks yesterday, but he's not worth a testimonial.

Albion Hibs
29-08-2011, 11:47 AM
A great player, currently without a club, so here is hoping he does not care about money and absolutly loves the stadium! Well done to the committee, I used to have a soft spot for arsenal so seeing another one of the invincibles in the green in white will be magic.

.Whitey.
29-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I think it will be a great day out - plus we are guaranteed to see a hibs team win :greengrin well woth the £15