PDA

View Full Version : NHC Is the Man U green & gold protest still going strong?

Newry Hibs
24-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Just wondered (not having a go at any red types). Looking at some of the match v Spurs, there didn't seem as many Norwich scarfs.

Ozyhibby
24-08-2011, 12:35 PM
No, they won the league so it's all good. This is football we are talking about. Anything goes as long as your winning.

LancashireHibby
24-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Would be more than a little daft to carry on their 'protest' having forked out for their season tickets AGAIN. If people haven't got the message by now then they never will, though it was interesting to note that MUFC were advertising match tickets on the radio on Monday morning for the recent Spurs game...unheard of just a few years ago!

Newry Hibs
24-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I suppose with their appeal, whoever doesn't go because of the Glazers would be readily replaced by a prawn sandwich type. Interesting that they had to advertise their tickets though.
I can't think of any protest that was sustained really. I know Luton Town had rallies and such like when a move to Milton Keynes was muted. Not so sure that a drop in attendances happened and I don't think there would many non-Hatters going along to replace them.

TornadoHibby
24-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Would be more than a little daft to carry on their 'protest' having forked out for their season tickets AGAIN. If people haven't got the message by now then they never will, though it was interesting to note that MUFC were advertising match tickets on the radio on Monday morning for the recent Spurs game...unheard of just a few years ago !

And yet the electronic advertising boards at Monday night's game were "inviting" people to sign up for the Season Ticket "Waiting List"! :agree: :confused:

Future17
24-08-2011, 02:35 PM
A "19 times champions" scarf was placed on every home seat in Old Trafford before Monday's game. Might have played some part in the lack of green and gold.

HH81
24-08-2011, 02:48 PM
There was a few 1000 seats. There were loads seats. I know 5 people that went.

LancashireHibby
24-08-2011, 10:18 PM
And yet the electronic advertising boards at Monday night's game were "inviting" people to sign up for the Season Ticket "Waiting List"! :agree: :confused:

Mate's with a few FC United fans and they signed up for the 'waiting list' to test the water to see whether it was more Glazer propaganda....no less than an hour later and they had a phone call asking "where do you want to sit and how many do you want?"

Still virtually impossible to get tickets for away games or home games against Liverpool or City, but the rest all go on general sale (the radio advert has now been updated to advertise tickets and hospitality for the Arsenal game!)