PDA

View Full Version : Will CC learn from his mistakes and set Hibs up correctly on Sunday?

SneakersO'Toole
24-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Before start, I'm aware that it was a 3rd division team we played last night. However, many things stood out for me which confirmed what most of us fans are saying.

- Palsson is 10x times the player playing central midfield as opposed to right back.

- Wotherspoon, although not my favourite player, is the best RB we have at the club currently (although I still think we need a recognised RB).

- O'Connor will score 20+ goals this season and create about 10 if played up front with a partner.

- Martin Scott brings real energy, grit and tenacity that the rest of our other midfield players don't posses. He without doubt has the greatest fitness/stamina of anyone in the squad.

For me, we are not suited to 4-5-1. We do not looking comfortable playing this formation and in reality I don't think some of the players know their roles playing it, e.g. Thornhill on Saturday, Wotherspoon left midfield.

Last night we had a far greater balance and shape about us. Granted we were afforded a lot more time of the ball but our movement, composure and positional sense across the team was night and day compared to Saturday.

IMO, we have to start 4-4-2 on Sunday. If we sit back against Hearts playing 4-5-1 there is only going to be one winner IMO. Lets have everyone back in their rightful positions and take the game to Hearts. Personally think Scott's energy and determination is a MUST for Sunday and I for one will be disappointed if he doesn't start.