PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott

frazeHFC
24-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Thought he was great last night and took his 2 goals very well. :agree: I admit i gave him stick after the Welsh incident and after the St Mirren game but if he plays like that in the SPL for us he will do very well.

Hard to leave him out on Sunday after last night, but it will be a totally different type of game.

Would you play him?

lucky
24-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Not his greatest fan but did play well last night. But has show it in the league, yes I would start him instead of murray on sunday. Still dont think he is good enough but if you score two from midfield you deserve your chance. If he scores two on Sunday all will be forgiven.

Golden Bear
24-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Thought he was great last night and took his 2 goals very well. :agree: I admit i gave him stick after the Welsh incident and after the St Mirren game but if he plays like that in the SPL for us he will do very well.

Hard to leave him out on Sunday after last night, but it will be a totally different type of game.

Would you play him?

Without a doubt!

After last night, I was very tempted to weed out some of the anti Scott guff that has been spouted on this messageboard recently.

However I'll leave that until such time that Martin produces another MOM performance but this time against SPL opposition.

Hibs Class
24-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Agree he played well. The two most pleasing aspects for me were his corners, which were far better than either Booth or Wotherspoon offered on Saturday, and his shooting. On another thread I criticised his wild attempt late in Saturday's game but as well as his two goals last night he had at least two other shots which brought out good saves. I'd play him on Sunday.

Baw187
24-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Agree he played well. The two most pleasing aspects for me were his corners, which were far better than either Booth or Wotherspoon offered on Saturday, and his shooting. On another thread I criticised his wild attempt late in Saturday's game but as well as his two goals last night he had at least two other shots which brought out good saves. I'd play him on Sunday.

Totally agree. He gets forward and supports the strikers and is a decent ball winner. Just what we need against the Hertz.

lucky
24-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Without a doubt!

After last night, I was very tempted to weed out some of the anti Scott guff that has been spouted on this messageboard recently.

However I'll leave that until such time that Martin produces another MOM performance but this time against SPL opposition.

I've criticised him over the Welsh incident and also for being poor since he joined but last night he did very well and his deadball delievery was good. Hopefully Ill be eating my words about him but I dont think he is SPL standard.

Edinburgh Green
24-08-2011, 11:33 AM
It's a tough 1, he obviously had a good game but Murray has the experience that everyone is after, I reckon Murray will play.

H18sry
24-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Guys lets not go OTT here we were only playing Berwick,its a far different ball game on Sunday and I'm not sure he has the temperament for the heat of a derby :wink:

frazeHFC
24-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Palsson is a defo imo, but then 2 of either Murray, Thornhill and Scott will play too.

hibsbollah
24-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Ive always liked him, if played in the right way and in the right scenario. I want him intimidating that faux hard man Black. I think he'll be one of five midfielders on Sunday, although personally id play two up front.

SneakersO'Toole
24-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Would rather Scott played that Murray or Thornhill. Midfield 4 of Sproule/Osbourne/Palsson/Scott for me.

duffers
24-08-2011, 12:05 PM
He had a good game last night, but it was against berwick....
As for sunday, mibae he does deserve a shot in the team, but could anyone trust him not to get sent off?

Franck is God
24-08-2011, 12:44 PM
He did have a good game last night, scored a couple of excellent goals and showed good attitude and energy throughout.

However...he was guilty on a number of occasions giving away cheap possession in the centre of the pitch and couple of times had we been playing against better opposition might have caused real problems.

While watching him last night I wondered if he'd be a good option when played off a front man as he does have good positional sense and as we saw last night a good shot on him. Not in every game but in matches where we want to pinch a result it might work.

NOLA
24-08-2011, 12:54 PM
i'd play him against the yams for sure, lots of energy to use up harrying opponents, getting stuck in about them, and hopefully able to smack a few goals in.

Houchy
24-08-2011, 12:54 PM
As for sunday, mibae he does deserve a shot in the team, but could anyone trust him not to get sent off?

90 minutes on Sunday and we're 2 up. Jimmy hooks Black, off the ball, and takes him right off his feet. Carlsberg don't do Sunday's...:greengrin

frazeHFC
24-08-2011, 01:02 PM
90 minutes on Sunday and we're 2 up. Jimmy hooks Black, off the ball, and takes him right off his feet. Carlsberg don't do Sunday's...:greengrin Me and my mate were discussing the exact same thing last night.

Wotherspiniesta
24-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Scott can take Murray's place in the starting line up on Sunday. All Murray seems to be good at is getting "stuck in". Jimmy can do that. And if he can deliver better set pieces and maybe chip in with a goal or two then he's quite clearly a much better option than IM.

truehibernian
24-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Againts Berwick Rangers or not, you can only beat what's in front of you. Jimmy got himself into scoring positions far more than any other player has so far this season (from midfield), and hit the target. I rate him purely for his workrate and desire. He never hides, which at present, this team needs in shedloads. Yes he made wee errors in the middle of the pitch, but his overall display, and that of Scott Smith was superb IMHO.

For me it would be stupidity to keep him out of the derby. Osbourne is injured and won't be ready for the pace of a derby, Murray for me is too slow at present, and Palsson is back where he wants to be, in midfield. With Hearts central defence, for me, being their weakest area at present, it also has to be 4-4-2. Stretch Zaliukas and Webster and give their defence men to mark and worry about. For me that is ideal for the likes of Jimmy and Ivan to exploit too.

I also think wee Danny Galbraith deserves praise too. He comes in, plays well, and always gives 100%. Both he and Smith linked well second half. He certainly earned his wage last night.

greenlex
24-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Dunno. Whats his disciplinary record like? :confused:

Duffys13
24-08-2011, 03:02 PM

Dunno to be honest but I remember the last Derby of the season at ER, did he not get booked really early on and could not make any contribution to the game after that?

Having said that, I think Murray is completely finished so I would play him if Osbourne is out.

R'Albin
24-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Would rather Scott played that Murray or Thornhill. Midfield 4 of Sproule/Osbourne/Palsson/Scott for me.

:agree:

--------
24-08-2011, 03:22 PM
90 minutes on Sunday and we're 2 up. Jimmy hooks Black, off the ball, and takes him right off his feet. Carlsberg don't do Sunday's...:greengrin

And Black is carried off never to kick a football(er) ever again....

JoeT_WasTheBest
24-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Mind, Murray has been lucky to stay on the park in previous Derby matches. I think he sometimes gets too het up against them.

Bostonhibby
24-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I think he potentially brings a bit of what has been missing in previous Derbies, someone who can match the Yam high action high agression approach and I do feel he can play a bit, he was brought in to do a job and merits a game this time I feel.

rossi
24-08-2011, 11:13 PM
He should start on sunday. Main reason for me is he can take a free/corner kick (also puts in a shift). Dead balls were very poor against St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

shambles
25-08-2011, 02:03 AM

Fantastic!!!! :cgwa

Kaiser1962
25-08-2011, 06:33 AM

Martin Scott has played in 191 senior games and been booked 34 times and sent off 4 times. He has scored 11 goals and Tuesdays was the first time he has scored more than one. He has not been sent off since 24th October 2009.

He came on as a half time sub in the 7-0 game against Livi at ER a few years back.

I am not his greatest admirer but he will bring something to the party on Sunday, wont hide, will not be intimidated, will run all day and drive those on around him. On the plus side it is looking like we have choices now in midfield especially if Osbourne is also fit enough to go. Osbourme, Palsson, Scott, Thornhill and Murray look quite a lot meatier than previous seasons.

MB62
25-08-2011, 07:47 AM
I've criticised him over the Welsh incident and also for being poor since he joined but last night he did very well and his deadball delievery was good. Hopefully Ill be eating my words about him but I dont think he is SPL standard.

Does anyone actually know what happened there?
In no way am I trying to defend Scott for what he did, but what were the circumstances leading up to his assault, was there provocation or did he just feel like banjoing the laddie for the sheer hell of it?

The club have disciplined him I believe and as long as he is on the books and taking a wage, if he is good enough to play then he should be given his chance.
Personally, I think he is exactly the kind of player we need in the team at the moment.

Hibs7
25-08-2011, 08:27 AM
A midfield of, Scott, Palsson, Thornhill and Osbourne if fit, would be what I would put out with GO'C and 1 other up front.
I also like a back 4 of Wotherspoon, O'Hanlon, Murray and Booth.

silverhibee
25-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Without a doubt!

I have gave him a bit of a hard time on here, and he will have to do a lot more to impress me than scoring a couple of times against Berwick Rangers, still baffled how he got a three and a half year contract, hope he goes on to prove me wrong and gets many MOM in the SPL.

smurf
25-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I have gave him a bit of a hard time on here, and he will have to do a lot more to impress me than scoring a couple of times against Berwick Rangers, still baffled how he got a three and a half year contract, hope he goes on to prove me wrong and gets many MOM in the SPL.

I too haven't rated him.

Had he not scored on Tuesday night he probably still would have got MOTM. His appetite and desire was fantastic. He's earned a start on Sunday.