PDA

View Full Version : Big team supporters and attendances

sunshine1875
24-08-2011, 10:41 AM
What a bunch of plums they Yams are that constantly go on about BIG team and attendances?

In today's Scotsman, one Yam writes "Attendance: 4,936 ... Oh mah sides"

Yet last season against Elgin (yes another third division side) on a Tuesday night at the same time of year (i.e. Tuesday 24th August at 7:45pm) their attendance was (wait for it)................4,922!!!!

Antifa Hibs
24-08-2011, 10:58 AM
In fairness to the big team they have had Champions League football every season for about the last 5 years so its easy to see why they may want to hit the League Cup on the head.

Infact wait a minute...

CB_NO3
24-08-2011, 11:23 AM
We had a bigger crowd than QPR last night.

Gus Fring
24-08-2011, 11:24 AM
For all their talk of being in Europe, it seemed strange to me that more people turned up to see them get beat by Dundee United than when they played Paks a few days beforehand.

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 12:28 PM
What a bunch of plums they Yams are that constantly go on about BIG team and attendances?

In today's Scotsman, one Yam writes "Attendance: 4,936 ... Oh mah sides"

Yet last season against Elgin (yes another third division side) on a Tuesday night at the same time of year (i.e. Tuesday 24th August at 7:45pm) their attendance was (wait for it)................4,922!!!!

It's even funnier when you consider that their official website urged fans not to leave it too late as a very large walk-up crowd is predicted and supporters who leave it late to book tickets could face long queues. :hilarious

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100823/hearts-v-elgin-city-do-not-leave-it-too-late-_2241384_2115786

Trumpets.

RIP
24-08-2011, 01:28 PM
The best plan I find is to be Hearts agnostic. Don't think about them, Don't talk about them, Don't take any interest in them at all

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 01:29 PM
The best plan I find is to be Hearts agnostic. Don't think about them, Don't talk about them, Don't take any interest in them at all

and don't post on a Yams thread. :wink:

Jack
24-08-2011, 04:12 PM
The best plan I find is to be Hearts agnostic. Don't think about them, Don't talk about them, Don't take any interest in them at all Know your enemy

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2011, 04:39 PM
No offence to the OP, but why does anyone took a blind bit of notice what the simpletons say, let alone get annoyed by them.... Not worth bothering about those muppets......

kentao
24-08-2011, 05:42 PM
The thing that annoys me is where did the "Big Club" title come from? Was it just a self proclaimed thing or are they actually a big club and just like to remind us?

Franck Stanton
24-08-2011, 05:58 PM
No offence to the OP, but why does anyone took a blind bit of notice what the simpletons say, let alone get annoyed by them.... Not worth bothering about those muppets......

Well said Baldy, my thoughts exactly.

Franck Stanton
24-08-2011, 06:01 PM
The thing that annoys me is where did the "Big Club" title come from? Was it just a self proclaimed thing or are they actually a big club and just like to remind us?

"Big Club", ? Them ? No, has to be something they made up themselves. Muppets the lot o' them. They even acknowledge the fact they are a wee team in their own song " Away up in Gorgay at tincastle park, there's a WEE fitba team by the name o' the hertz............ you know the rest

Kaiser1962
24-08-2011, 06:04 PM

Its sarcasm at its finest. We call them that and they believe it. Result.

Hibercelona
24-08-2011, 06:06 PM
To be fair..... none of them know how to count, or have any basic idea on the numbering system.

To be pitied.

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2011, 06:16 PM
"Big Club", ? Them ? No, has to be something they made up themselves. Muppets the lot o' them. They even acknowledge the fact they are a wee team in their own song " Away up in Gorgay at tincastle park, there's a WEE fitba team by the name o' the hertz............ you know the rest

:singing: we'ev heard all your singing
:singing: we'ev heard all your songs
:singing:get back in the gutter
:singing:thats where you belong

H..E..A..R..T..S :clapper:

down the slope
24-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but is it not a fact that they are so big they even got themselves relegated in the eighties and failed to get promotion at the first time of asking ?, now that's what big teams do.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but is it not a fact that they are so big they even got themselves relegated in the eighties and failed to get promotion at the first time of asking ?, now that's what big teams do.

Yip my wedding day, May 15th 1982 drew with Motherwell, what a party we had that night. :greengrin

down the slope
24-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Imagine, no derbies for two years, ? it was so long ago i've forgotten what we did at new year, we must have played Dunfermline or some other team but for the life of me i don't remember who.

Danderhall Hibs
24-08-2011, 06:53 PM

When Mad Vlad "bought" them he appointed Fireworks Phil form the SRU to do some marketing and that. He re-branded them as big, then Mad Vlad sacked him for disagreeing with him on something. IIRC.

Hibercelona
24-08-2011, 07:00 PM
When Mad Vlad "bought" them he appointed Fireworks Phil form the SRU to do some marketing and that. He re-branded them as big, then Mad Vlad sacked him for disagreeing with him on something. IIRC.

Phil: "We're big."

Vlad: "No. We're really big. You're sacked."

LeithBoozy
24-08-2011, 07:00 PM
No offence to the OP, but why does anyone took a blind bit of notice what the simpletons say, let alone get annoyed by them.... Not worth bothering about those muppets...... Why does anyone take a blind bit of notice what the SIMPLETONS say, Baldy you have a fine grasp of words.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Why does anyone take a blind bit of notice what the SIMPLETONS say, Baldy you have a fine grasp of words.

ton dab rof a dyslexic:wink:

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Imagine, no derbies for two years, ? it was so long ago i've forgotten what we did at new year, we must have played Dunfermline or some other team but for the life of me i don't remember who.

I've too much time on my hands.

We played Dundee at home New Year 1982 then Aberdeen away New Year 1983.

MUPPET
24-08-2011, 08:57 PM
No offence to the OP, but why does anyone took a blind bit of notice what the simpletons say, let alone get annoyed by them.... Not worth bothering about those muppets...... Hoy! That's offensive to us Muppets!

Iggy Pope
24-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Yip my wedding day, May 15th 1982 drew with Motherwell, what a party we had that night. :greengrin

I remember getting back on the Hawkhill bus the week before after an absolute tonking at Parkheaad (0-6?) only for the score to come through from the Hole and they had lost 5 to Dumbarton (IIRC!)....the bus went mental and the passing lessers couldn't believe their eyes.

I seem to recall that Forfar knocked them out the cup at shabby downtown Gorgie that seaason too. And John Fairgrieve, a Hearts fan with a typewriter who wrote for the Sunday Mail, famously advocated shutting Tynie down and turning it into a car park.

Aye, they were big then too.......:blah:

Franck Stanton
24-08-2011, 10:18 PM

Just working from memory here but was it not the case they were relegated, won promotion, were relegated again and stayed down for two seasons ?

Jonnyboy
24-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Just working from memory here but was it not the case they were relegated, won promotion, were relegated again and stayed down for two seasons ?

:agree:

IIRC they only got back up by finishing second and league reconstruction (yes, another one :greengrin) meant the top two came up

Liberal Hibby
24-08-2011, 10:47 PM

Indeed - but didn't we also pass them on the way down in 1980? So no league derbies for at least three years in a row?

sadtom
24-08-2011, 11:04 PM

Cant be bovvered looking up the dates but i know they were relegated then promoted, relegated again then promoted, relegated a third time failed to get promoted then succeeded the following year. So they spent 4 of 6 seasons in the 1st div.
To an earlier point.
In the season they played in the premier, before getting relegated the 3 time, we were in the 1st. so in total it was 4 seasons without a derby cause hertz were down, then us, then them for 2 seasons.
This resulted in a 27k crowd at ER in the 3rd or 4th of the seasons, for a East of Scotland shield game.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Cant be bovvered looking up the dates but i know they were relegated then promoted, relegated again then promoted, relegated a third time failed to get promoted then succeeded the following year. So they spent 4 of 6 seasons in the 1st div.
To an earlier point.
In the season they played in the premier, before getting relegated the 3 time, we were in the 1st. so in total it was 4 seasons without a derby cause hertz were down, then us, then them for 2 seasons.
This resulted in a 27k crowd at ER in the 3rd or 4th of the seasons, for a East of Scotland shield game.

1976-77:Relegated from Premier League (9th/10 teams)
1977-78:Promoted to Premier League (2nd/14 teams)
1978-79:Relegated from Premier League (9th/10 teams)
1979-80:Promoted to Premier League (1st/14 teams)
1980-81:Relegated from Premier League (10th/10 teams)
1981-82:Stayed in 1st division (3rd/14 teams)
1982-83:Promoted to Premier League (2nd/14 teams)

They spent 4 years out of 6 in the 2nd tier of Scottish football in the late 70s/early 80s.

Part/Time Supporter
25-08-2011, 07:17 AM

I think it mentally scarred them. Hence why Foulkes always defends Mr Romanov with the line that "if we'd gone to Murrayfield we'd have been playing in front of 5,000 in the First Division". Talking from alcohol-eased bitter experience there.