PDA

View Full Version : Another pleasing aspect

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 11:46 PM
I don't know if anyone else noticed it but the one thing that really pleased me tonight, in that second half, was the way in which Ivan Sproule encouraged and gave advice to David Crawford whenever he had the ball. Everything he said to him was constructive and totally positive and it must have given Crawford a great deal of confidence to have an experienced guy like Sproule out there supporting him like that.

I know I'm slightly biased because I'm a massive fan of Ivan Sproule but it just shows how great it is to have him back at the club. I know the guy has his faults, sometimes with his temperament and his technical skills but in terms of his character, his enthusiasm and his leadership qualities with the younger players, I don't know if I've ever seen any other player at Hibs who gives as much as Ivan Sproule.

It's an absolute joy to have him back at Easter Road and I am delighted that he got his first goal tonight, since his return

Just make sure you double your account on Sunday, Ivan! :aok:

hibsfan7
23-08-2011, 11:50 PM
yes it would be good for him to get 2 goals on sunday or maybe even 3

wait a minute has he not done that already at

now were was that again?

:not worth:not worth:not worth

CFC
24-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Good point FH. You need the senior players to be good leaders and with some of the malcontents at Hibs in the last few years its good to have a positive mentor figure like IS.

R'Albin
24-08-2011, 06:48 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed it but the one thing that really pleased me tonight, in that second half, was the way in which Ivan Sproule encouraged and gave advice to David Crawford whenever he had the ball. Everything he said to him was constructive and totally positive and it must have given Crawford a great deal of confidence to have an experienced guy like Sproule out there supporting him like that.

I know I'm slightly biased because I'm a massive fan of Ivan Sproule but it just shows how great it is to have him back at the club. I know the guy has his faults, sometimes with his temperament and his technical skills but in terms of his character, his enthusiasm and his leadership qualities with the younger players, I don't know if I've ever seen any other player at Hibs who gives as much as Ivan Sproule.

It's an absolute joy to have him back at Easter Road and I am delighted that he got his first goal tonight, since his return

Good to hear:agree:

I'm also a massive fan of Ivan Sproule...

Kaiser1962
24-08-2011, 07:20 AM
It was good to see the encouragement given to the younger players whose confidence must be ebbing a bit. I am not a great fan of Jommy Scott but he does bring a drive and aggression to the team. O'Hanlon shouted instructions the whole game so lets hope his toe is up to it cos every Yam orc is going to be trying to kick it or stand on it on Sunday.

Ok it was only Berwick but some of the play, passing and movement was very good.

hibsbollah
24-08-2011, 08:01 AM
You dont need to apologise for being a 'massive fan' of Ivan, FH. I dont know how its impossible not to be. He just oozes positivity.

H18sry
24-08-2011, 08:30 AM
I was sat in the west lower ff5 end and at 4-0 heard Ivan shouting encouragement to the rest of the team "to keep the pace up and not to let off" or words to that effect :thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
24-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I was sat in the west lower ff5 end and at 4-0 heard Ivan shouting encouragement to the rest of the team "to keep the pace up and not to let off" or words to that effect :thumbsup:

That's definitely good to hear, albeit in a fairly easy game against lower league opposition.

If all the players could adopt a similar attitude in adversity then our troubles could soon be far less.

thebakerboy
24-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I also thought it was great seeing O'hanlon over talking to Spoony just after the first goal giving him instructions and then about 5 mins. later giving him a big thumbs up as well as him giving out instructions and trying to develop a bit of discipline regarding offside trap. Also Jimmy Scott running up to Scott Smith when his shot was tipped over and giving him more encouragement. Maybe there are leaders at ER it's just they havn't been playing , hopefully the feel good factor will carry on to Sunday.:cgwa

Ferryhibby
24-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Agree about sproule but thought ohanlon made a big difference he isnt the best centre half weve had but his organising and talking is something wev been missing, thought the whole team went about their job brilliantly i know its only berwick but ive seen us struggle to command and win these games so convincingly before:thumbsup:

Albion Hibs
24-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Was glad to see him stepping up in absence of more experienced players on the pitch. The whole games was hopefully a good experience for the younger guys, I think Crawford is another one that would benefit from a loan spell. He seemed decent when he came on.

iwasthere1972
24-08-2011, 07:47 PM

:faf: :faf:

Speedway
25-08-2011, 11:29 AM
We've now got Stack, O'Hanlon, Scott, Gaz, Ivan and Murray who are all shouters/cajolers on the park.

I think all six will start on Sunday.

3pm
25-08-2011, 11:34 AM
We've now got Stack, O'Hanlon, Scott, Gaz, Ivan and Murray who are all shouters/cajolers on the park.

I think all six will start on Sunday.

Shouting will get you so far. Hughes proved that.

Speedway
25-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Shouting will get you so far. Hughes proved that.

:agree: Hoarse throated people ken whit's goin' oan.