PDA

View Full Version : Torben Joneleit

andy1875
23-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Just home after a thoroughly enjoyable night at ER and turned on Sky Sports 2. Champions league qualifier on between Genk & Maccabi Haifa. Joneleit that came on loan from Monaco playing in central defence for Genk.

From what I recall he didnt get much of a chance here under JC? Interesting to see how he does.

GGTTH

greenlad
23-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Francis Dickoh has signed for Aris Salonika who drew at home in the Europa League to Man City and Bayer Leverkusen last season as well as famously beating holders Atletico Madrid in their first match.

Good move for him.

http://www.arisfc.gr/web/guest/news

frazeHFC
23-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Joneleit has done well at Genk, good on him. And good luck Dickoh after a good move. Always liked Dickoh although he was not quite good enough.

seanraff07
23-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I think he made one sub-appearance against Gretna, that was it.

Looked promising but never got a chance

ballengeich
23-08-2011, 10:07 PM
I first saw Joneleit in a pre-season game at Stirling Albion where he was skinned for pace by Darren Gribbon (number 12 for Berwick this evening). I've a memory that it later emerged that Joneleit had been carrying an underlying injury that was never properly recognised in his time with us and that's why he didn't look up to much. He's certainly had a better career than any of the other haddies that JC brought in that summer.

sahib
24-08-2011, 07:24 AM
I first saw Joneleit in a pre-season game at Stirling Albion where he was skinned for pace by Darren Gribbon (number 12 for Berwick this evening). I've a memory that it later emerged that Joneleit had been carrying an underlying injury that was never properly recognised in his time with us and that's why he didn't look up to much. He's certainly had a better career than any of the other haddies that JC brought in that summer.

Interesting, I could never square his poor performances with his pedegree.