PDA

View Full Version : Scott Smith

cjward2
23-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Thought he had a great game today and was unlucky not to score.
Anyone think he might have done enough to get a place in the team against the yams?

AlbertK86
23-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Anyone think he might have done enough to get a place in the team against the yams?

If you have seen any of my posts I have been talking him up for months.

Pitch him in and put Booth into left mid as he is better going forward than he is defending.

As for Sparky Smith I saw him playing when he was 15 against the Jams at Riccarton and he was head and shoulders above everybody on the pitch. He was a natural leader even then.... something we certainly don't have at the minute. He was very passionate in his play, shouted, screamed and geed his team up but also talked the rest of the team through what they were meant to be doing

Not for one minute suggesting we put the leadership on him now but in a few years time once he has settled in we might just have a worthy leader.

Jim44
23-08-2011, 09:03 PM

If you have seen any of my posts I have been talking him up for months.

Pitch him in and put Booth into left mid as he is better going forward than he is defending.

As for Sparky Smith I saw him playing when he was 15 against the Jams at Riccarton and he was head and shoulders above everybody on the pitch. He was a natural leader even then.... something we certainly don't have at the minute. He was very passionate in his play, shouted, screamed and geed his team up but also talked the rest of the team through what they were meant to be doing

Not for one minute suggesting we put the leadership on him now but in a few years time once he has settled in we might just have a worthy leader.

He won't be playing for us this season. Calderwood is putting him out on loan ......... straight from the horse's mouth ten minutes ago.

AlbertK86
23-08-2011, 09:16 PM
He won't be playing for us this season. Calderwood is putting him out on loan ......... straight from the horse's mouth ten minutes ago.

I've no problem with that. Will do his development no harm. Probably be out of order to dump him in the defence the way they are the now anyway.

Did he say season long or 6 months. Would be happier with the 6 month option and then give him a few more runs towards the end of the season.

SheriffLobo
23-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Guy had a very good and very consistent delivery I have to say. Very impressed for a first viewing and looking forward to seeing him again. Interesting that no-one challenged him taking a free kick, shows the teams confidence in his ability to hit a dead ball. Well done buddy

lapsedhibee
23-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Really liked that he was comfortable playing the ball with either foot.

down-the-slope
23-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Played very well. Exactly the kind of game and being in the lead that should be used to blood a youngster...

He did just what CC is looking for whipped crosses that can be attacked in the box

frazeHFC
23-08-2011, 09:45 PM
What a cross he has, and so close to a wonder goal. Very confident and a great debut. :thumbsup:

CC said he wants him out on loan though.

down-the-slope
23-08-2011, 09:56 PM
What a cross he has, and so close to a wonder goal. Very confident and a great debut. :thumbsup:

CC said he wants him out on loan though.

:agree: best thing particularly with the ridiculous situation of no reserve league....

hibee
23-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Looked good, every cross he put in made it into a decent position in the box, Ivan only managed that once although we did score from it!

oconnors_strip
23-08-2011, 09:58 PM

if he does go out on loan then i hope its just a month on month deal or one where he can be recalled at any time.

i nearly had a heart attack when he had that wonder shot:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
23-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Did well tonight, unlucky not to score and some fantastic deliveries into the box.....

If he is farmed out on loan, I hope he comes back even better.....

Jonnyboy
23-08-2011, 10:02 PM
if he does go out on loan then i hope its just a month on month deal or one where he can be recalled at any time.

i nearly had a heart attack when he had that wonder shot:greengrin

He's a good un N :greengrin

I'd say I told you so but you knew it already :wink:

ballengeich
23-08-2011, 10:08 PM
A very encouraging debut. I don't know whether he could do it against SPL opponents at present, but there's a lot of talent in the laddie.

Albion Hibs
23-08-2011, 10:14 PM
There is no way I would play him in an SPL game, let alone away from home in a derby. I do however, think he did well, and looks like a loan spell may set him up well for post xmas or even next season.

Encouragingly a key asset seemed to be his delivery into the box, stronger than booth on that front for me. Hopefully one for the future. Well done to the kid.

BEEJ
23-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Good to hear CC raving about his performance as well.

Delighted. :thumbsup:

Cropley10
23-08-2011, 10:28 PM
There is no way I would play him in an SPL game, let alone away from home in a derby. I do however, think he did well, and looks like a loan spell may set him up well for post xmas or even next season.

Encouragingly a key asset seemed to be his delivery into the box, stronger than booth on that front for me. Hopefully one for the future. Well done to the kid.

/\ This :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
23-08-2011, 10:33 PM
I saw him in a couple of friendlies but was surprised and impressed by his performance today. He looked really good going forward, was unlucky with his opportunistic crack at goal and looks a comfortable crosser of the ball. One for the future I hope!

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 10:38 PM
He did well tonight but I think it would be good for him to go out on loan until January or even for the rest of this season and get regular, competitive first team football in the first or second division.

It's an encouraging sign but it is a whole different ball game doing what he did tonight against SPL opposition. We do have to remember that we were playing a third division side tonight but the signs are promising.

SteveHFC
23-08-2011, 10:56 PM
He played really well tonight. :agree:

dangermouse
24-08-2011, 07:21 AM
I wonder if CC could get him to show Booth how to cross a ball. If you could combine both Booth and Scott into one player we'd have a Danny Alves type left back.