PDA

View Full Version : One player to turn our season around...

hibsbollah
23-08-2011, 11:13 AM
If you could pick any current Hibs player to suddenly get their imaginary mojo back and almost singlehandedly sweep us along to a twenty-match winning streak, who would it be? (doesnt matter how unlikely)

I'm going for Lewis Stevenson. An all round good guy and journeyman, with excellent taste in music but regularly pilloried by hibs fans for not living up to his early potential. I'd love to see him morph into a comanding, intelligent passer of the ball, going box to box, scoring at will and generally being a sort of wee Lottar Mattheus. Starting on Sunday.

Any other suggestions?

SRHibs
23-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Not Stevenson anyway. Maybe Osbourne? Not sure. Someone who can deliver some much needed creativity in the middle of the park.

Realistically though, I think if we can manage a couple of consecutive wins, then the boost in morale will really push us forward. We've got a top 6 squad IMO, and even though things don't look amazing as it stands, I think CC will turn things around.

patlowe
23-08-2011, 11:23 AM
If we're talking realistically then I think Thornhill is the guy that really needs to step up the plate and start making us tick creatively.

hibsbollah
23-08-2011, 11:25 AM
No, not realistically. A fantastical world where anything could happen on the pitch. Something that would be poetry.

007 Mickey Weir
23-08-2011, 11:27 AM
No, not realistically. A fantastical world where anything could happen on the pitch.

That's easy ME!!!!!!

Think I will be a creative attacking midfielder.

allezsauzee
23-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Gareth Evans. At last he will have gained composure in front of goals and allied to his work ethic and surprisingly well maintained pace for a 44 year old, he'll bag 30 goals :greengrin

cocopops1875
23-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Stack to become a chilavert type free kick and penalty taking keeper awesome :-)

easty
23-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Vieira. After playing the Murray testimonial and getting a head knock and partial memory loss, Rod convinces him that the only reason he was playing in the game was because he'd agreed a deal in principle to sign for us a player/coach on the minimum wage. Although Patrick is surprised by this he has no reason to doubt a man with such a perfectly groomed moustache.

He signs up and plays in front of the defence, although he's more like Bugs Bunny in that it seems he's playing in every position.

The season is perfectly summed up when, in the final Edinburgh derby of the campaign, he scores a perfect hat-trick and "accidentally" sends Ian Black to hospital with a broken leg. It was a perfect tackle, takes the ball then man and leaves Black crying for his mummy on the pitch with Easter Road full of Hibees pointing and laughing at the wee cry baby scrote.

Moulin Yarns
23-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Tan McCourt to, at last, come of the bench, repair a few divots, fork the goalmouth and run rings round the opposition :not worth

hibsfan7
23-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Messi

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

snooky
23-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Tan McCourt to, at last, come of the bench, repair a few divots, fork the goalmouth and run rings round the opposition :not worth

I'd like to see a couple of our young players come through and up their game the way KT did.
The future is in our youth as we don't have the resources to buy class.

I pine for Broony. He's the player (or should I say, the type of player) we are screaming for just now.

IWasThere2016
23-08-2011, 12:11 PM
I'd like to see a couple of our young players come through and up their game the way KT did.
The future is in our youth as we don't have the resources to buy class.

I pine for Broony. He's the player (or should I say, the type of player) we are screaming for just now.

:agree:

jacomo
23-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Ivan grows a mullet and becomes David Silva.

Maybe Agogo or Airey could move to the right wing as our new "fantasista" drifts across the park, mesmerising opponents and owning the ball.

yekimevol
23-08-2011, 12:21 PM
any team would struggle with only one fit striker and there most experanced cb out.

sodje, agogo and o'hanlon will make the differance.

garry o'connor has always played his best with a striking partner im looking forward to seeing him and big akpo up top.

having o'hanlon in the defense will make a difference.

and we are still to see ozzy get fit and play at the top of his game.

Andy74
23-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Ed de Graaf to go on a 20 game streak of rattling 2 yarders into the top corner.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2011, 01:59 PM
No, not realistically. A fantastical world where anything could happen on the pitch. Something that would be poetry.

We win every game between now and the end of the season by a twelve goal margin, sending shockwaves through Scottish football to the extent that Tynecastle, Ibrox and Parkhead physically crumble to dust. All this happens under the inspired captainship of the re-signed Brian Kerr.

IWasThere2016
23-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Ed de Graaf to go on a 20 game streak of rattling 2 yarders into the top corner.

Too far - on several levels :wink:

Hibercelona
23-08-2011, 02:11 PM
As soon as we start pinning all our hopes on one player they are very quickly converted into a scape goat when everything goes wrong. :boo hoo:

Hopefully this wont be the case for the likes of Sproule or O'Conner.

I've seen a few posters say that it'll be down to O'Conner on sunday. Well I sure hope the lad doesn't read on .net, because no player needs that amount of pressure placed on them.

iwasthere1972
23-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Edwin de Graaf for me.

Over the last week or so at East Mains I have seen him go on some amazing runs, passing defenders as if they are not even there. It is a sight to behold.

Next week CC will be getting Edwin to do similar training. This time he will give him a fitba.

hibsbollah
23-08-2011, 03:15 PM
We win every game between now and the end of the season by a twelve goal margin, sending shockwaves through Scottish football to the extent that Tynecastle, Ibrox and Parkhead physically crumble to dust. All this happens under the inspired captainship of the re-signed Brian Kerr. I ask for poetry, you give me surrealism :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
23-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I think Paul Hanlon should be the one to watch....think he will have a solid season with a host of clubs sniffing about him from Jan onwards before eventually being sold off in the summer to help balance the books to the tune of £5 million