PDA

View Full Version : Right back tonight?

green glory
23-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Will be interesting to see who plays at right back tonight. Palsson needs to be back in midfield where he actually knows what he's doing. I think after his howler on Saturday, the lesson will hopefully be learnt. BUT who's going to play RB? Spoony?

Also with any luck we might actually see 2 strikers on the field from the start.

:flag:

Diclonius
23-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Taggart?

Brooster
23-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't know who will play rb but Palsson will play centre mid.

Andy74
23-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Will be interesting to see who plays at right back tonight. Palsson needs to be back in midfield where he actually knows what he's doing. I think after his howler on Saturday, the lesson will hopefully be learnt. BUT who's going to play RB? Spoony?

Also with any luck we might actually see 2 strikers on the field from the start.

:flag:

Wotherspoon is the best right back we have so he should be playing there.

Don't see any problem tonight, we might be poor but I can see us taking a few goals.

allezsauzee
23-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I assume you want to see Booth removed from left back berth as well given that he was caught out for 1 goal on Sat and ripped a new one against Killie? We can't just change a player from a position every time they make a mistake.

iwasthere1972
23-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Taggart?

He's murder.

Gala Foxes
23-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I am thinking is it not time that Mark Brown got a shot at right back after all we have tried just about every other player out of position ?

If that doesn't work then Tam McCourt is in at Tynecastle

Ryan91
23-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I have wondered why he didn't play Spoony at RB in the first place, especially given that he played RB for the best part of a season, and would have been a far better choice at RB

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
23-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Cafu. Or Tam McCourt.

Actually ive no idea. Itd be easier to say who i DONT want to play there. So on the basis that ive never seen him play; Taggart.

green glory
23-08-2011, 11:05 AM
I assume you want to see Booth removed from left back berth as well given that he was caught out for 1 goal on Sat and ripped a new one against Killie? We can't just change a player from a position every time they make a mistake.

No, I wouldn't want Booth removed. I don't actually blame Palsson for the goal on Saturday, despite knee-jerkingly calling it a howler. He was played out of position, and that's not his fault. He was clearly out of his depth in that position. The manager needs to take responsibility for that. As for Booth, I've got a huge amount of respect for him, he rarely puts a foot wrong. His passes are usually very accurate, although he didn't have a great game on Saturday. IMO it was more that he was fouled on Saturday, as opposed to him ****ing-up.

Iain G
23-08-2011, 11:08 AM
If only Michael Hart hadn't got injured, jings, not often you get to write that statement :greengrin:wink:

Mikey
23-08-2011, 11:09 AM

Scott Smith's playing at left back tonight.

allezsauzee
23-08-2011, 11:28 AM
I think we need to have a wee bit patience with the players and manager to be honest. We're trying to get a new team to gel and that won't always happen straight away. Admittedly I'd prefer us to sign at least 1 more defender as I think we're short of cover and experience, but I think Palsson could play at right back if he had a run there.

easty
23-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Airey?

Franck is God
23-08-2011, 11:34 AM
I like Pallson as a player but I have yet to see him look comfortable at RB and because its clear he's not comfortable there he also doesn't go forward. On Saturday that was one of the only bright spots was the fact that Spoony was a vast improvement in the position and actually got forward quite a few times.

If O'Hanlon plays tonight it will boost the confidence of the whole defence and whichever full backs are picked will hopefully get forward and be more involved. I'd like to see Taggart & Smith given a start but after reading the article previewing tonights game it seems he won't be filling the team with kids.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 11:38 AM
To be honest, we should be able to play Garry O'Connor at right back tonight and still be able to win comfortably but I think tonight's team should be as close as possible to the team that plays at Tynecastle on Sunday.

I can't believe that he'll play Palsson at right back again, particularly since he hooked him at half time on Saturday so it really has to be Wotherspoon. He should be comfortable enough tonight but I'm not certain that he'll be the answer on Sunday.

Franck is God
23-08-2011, 11:39 AM
He's murder.

You are kidding right, to be funny?

Or have you decided the fate of a 19 year old footballer that has a grand total of ten first team appearances (five as sub) and seven of those ten for Ayr United last season on loan already?

Franck is God
23-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Airey?

Is back with Newcastle because he picked up an injury in training last week and out for a month, will be back when he's fit.

easty
23-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Is back with Newcastle because he picked up an injury in training last week and out for a month, will be back when he's fit.

I hadn't heard that. Thought tonight would have been a decent shout to shove him in at RB to see what he's got as well.

NeilOrrSquareBa
23-08-2011, 11:44 AM
I'll be right back....

Right back in ma hoose!
:wink:

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Airey?

Phil Airey got injured in training, is out for a month and is currently back at Newcastle for his rehab.

And according to some on here, it's doubtful as to whether he'll even play for Hibs again as he didn't even want to be here in the first place.

easty
23-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Phil Airey got injured in training, is out for a month and is currently back at Newcastle for his rehab.

And according to some on here, it's doubtful as to whether he'll even play for Hibs again as he didn't even want to be here in the first place.

Must be true then.:rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
23-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Wotherspoon is the best right back we have so he should be playing there.

Don't see any problem tonight, we might be poor but I can see us taking a few goals.

A home win and "the worst home run comes" to an end :greengrin :aok:

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 11:49 AM

I'm not taking it as gospel but, to be fair, it was a couple of people who usually have pretty reliable sources.

We won't be seeing him for at least a month anyway, I certainly know that much and that's definite. :agree:

Franck is God
23-08-2011, 11:49 AM

A mate of mine is a Newcastle fan and says that Airey is a real home town lad and doesn't like being far away from home hence why he was probably sent back while injured.

I had also heard that he wasn't keen to go out on loan full stop but if he's going to be a pro footballer it will be something he'll have to get used to.

Wotherspiniesta
23-08-2011, 11:58 AM

Or have you decided the fate of a 19 year old footballer that has a grand total of ten first team appearances (five as sub) and seven of those ten for Ayr United last season on loan already?

:on toast!

AlbertK86
23-08-2011, 12:25 PM
You are kidding right, to be funny? Or have you decided the fate of a 19 year old footballer that has a grand total of ten first team appearances (five as sub) and seven of those ten for Ayr United last season on loan already? Calm doon ... Obvious reference to a certain TV show !

silverhibee
23-08-2011, 12:32 PM

:faf:

Deary me.

Keith_M
23-08-2011, 12:34 PM
.... As for Booth, I've got a huge amount of respect for him, he rarely puts a foot wrong. His passes are usually very accurate, although he didn't have a great game on Saturday. IMO it was more that he was fouled on Saturday, as opposed to him ****ing-up.

:agree:

The one thing I was wondering, though, is why he was on that side of the pitch at the time.

silverhibee
23-08-2011, 12:36 PM

Will he, not what i am hearing, infact i would be surprised if he is even injured.

Andy74
23-08-2011, 12:38 PM
A home win and "the worst home run comes" to an end :greengrin :aok:

Nah, then I'll just take out a couple of games and call it worst home league run ever.:greengrin

Moulin Yarns
23-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Nah, then I'll just take out a couple of games and call it worst home league run ever.:greengrin

:aok:

lyonhibs
23-08-2011, 12:43 PM
you are kidding right, to be funny?or have you decided the fate of a 19 year old footballer that has a grand total of ten first team appearances (five as sub) and seven of those ten for ayr united last season on loan already? lol

iwasthere1972
23-08-2011, 01:12 PM

:agree: Must admit to never seeing the laddie playing. He can't be any worse than some of the guys who have played at RB for us recently.

It would be a crime not to select him.

NOLA
23-08-2011, 01:43 PM
lets say Taggert plays tonight and has a good game, will he be in the team for the derby? i doubt it somehow, calderwood needs to resolve this position in the team pronto, not to do so is verging on negligence, who was RB when we played Berwick in pre-season?

MB62
23-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Having tried every man and his dog, what about giving MARTIN SCOTT a wee shot?

iwasthere1972
23-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Do we even need a RB? After all it's only Berwick Rangers we're playing.

I would even go as far as sticking Stacky up front with Garry O' and not bothering about a goalkeeper.

helsbels
23-08-2011, 03:05 PM
lets say Taggart plays tonight and has a good game, will he be in the team for the derby? i doubt it somehow, calderwood needs to resolve this position in the team pronto, not to do so is verging on negligence, who was RB when we played Berwick in pre-season?

Taggart played RB against Berwick in pre season.

NOLA
23-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Taggart played RB against Berwick in pre season.
there you go then :aok: similar result tonite will do nicely :agree:

--------
23-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Airey?

Airey's missing his mammy. Gone back south. I'd cancel his contract and go after Leigh Griffiths. Or someone else who might actually want to play for us and be grown-up enough to move a few miles from home to do so.

I'd play Wotherspoon, with Palsson in midfield with Osbourne and Thornhill, and Ivan wide right, and two strikers from the start.

And O'Hanlon, Hanlon and Booth to make up the defence. Stack to stay in goal.

Stack; Wotherspoon, O'Hanlon, Hanlon, and Booth; Thornhill, Palsson, and Osbourne; Sproule; O'Connor and Agogo.

If Agogo isn't fit, I'd seriously consider playing Davie Crawford with Garry O.

But I believe Smith's down to play at LB.

Franck is God
23-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Just realised.....Taggart......Murder.....

oops!

iwasthere1972
23-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Just realised.....Taggart......Murder.....

oops!

:aok:

NOLA
23-08-2011, 09:15 PM
so who was playing at RB tonight? and how did he get on?

LaMotta
23-08-2011, 09:31 PM
so who was playing at RB tonight? and how did he get on?

Wotherspoon and he strolled through the game. I would expect him to start at RB on Sunday.

Looks far more comfortable on the right ( i know the opposition were pish but still)

ballengeich
23-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I thought Wotherspoon gave the ball away far too often this evening (as did Hanlon). I think he's a better full back than Palsson, who looked much more comfortable back in midfield, but he still wasn't too secure imo.

TornadoHibby
24-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Wotherspoon and he strolled through the game. I would expect him to start at RB on Sunday.

Looks far more comfortable on the right ( i know the opposition were pish but still)

Wonder why CC was constantly shouting at him, often abusively, particularly in the 1st half then??! :dunno: :hmmm:

NOLA
24-08-2011, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=TornadoHibby;2896643]Wonder why CC was constantly shouting at him, often abusively, particularly in the 1st half then??! :dunno: :hmmm:[/QUOTE

didn't know that, anyone here sit behind the dugout? :greengrin