PDA

View Full Version : Team To Try & Cause An Upset V. Berwick Tonight

Speedway
23-08-2011, 10:23 AM
CC will have looked at his options, his injuries and his bank balance and will select the following to try and push Berwick all the way.

Brown

Spoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Smith

Sproule
Scott
Thornhill
Murray
Booth

GO'C

Subs:

Stack
Stephens
Palsson
Sodje
Stevenson

We'll play two defending mids, three attacking mids and a striker.

4-5-1 at home to Berwick, that's the way to go.

Damon Gray to get first/winning goal.

What do you think?

therealgavmac
23-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Title of this thread made me laugh - thanks! :top marks

Diclonius
23-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Is this the actual team or are you just guessing?

Not being a PM any more is killing me. :grr:

Speedway
23-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Is this the actual team or are you just guessing?

Not being a PM any more is killing me. :grr:

I'm just guessing. I've dropped Palsson in my team but I'm sure he'll feature since Ozzy is out.

Franck is God
23-08-2011, 11:26 AM
I am hoping for a few changes from the last couple of games as not many on the pitch against either Killie or St Mirren did a lot to keep their places but this is the team I would pick.

Brown

Spoony---O'Hanlon---Hanlon---Booth

Pallson
DeGraaf------Osbourne

Sproule---------------------Galbraith
O'Connor

Subs

Smith
Stevenson
Thornhill
Sodje
Crawford

BEEJ
23-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I am hoping for a few changes from the last couple of games as not many on the pitch against either Killie or St Mirren did a lot to keep their places but this is the team I would pick.

Brown

Spoony---O'Hanlon---Hanlon---Booth

Pallson
DeGraaf------Osbourne

Sproule---------------------Galbraith
O'Connor

Subs

Smith
Stevenson
Thornhill
Sodje
Crawford
We would probably need to have Stack somewhere on the bench. :wink:

Franck is God
23-08-2011, 11:45 AM
We would probably need to have Stack somewhere on the bench. :wink:

you only get 5 subs in the league cup and to be honest unless I wasn't 100% sure of the fitness of the keeper I wouldn't ever have a sub goalie on the bench.

pretty sure there's no rule about having one.

for what its worth I don't think Stack has been poor but I have always preferred Brown as a keeper and he made a save up at Aberdeen last season that is one of the best I have ever seen from a Hibs keeper and as I am old enough to have seen Roughy, Goram & Leighton play for the Hibees I've quite few good saves to choose from.

AlbertK86
23-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Stack

Palsson
Murray
O'Hanlon
Smith

Sproule
Ozzy
Thornhill
Booth

GOC
Sodje

Subs

Brown
Stephens
Scott
Galbraith
Caldwell

Wotherspiniesta
23-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Stack

Taggart Stephens O'Hanlon Smith

Sproule Scott Thornhill Galbraith

O'Connor Sodje

Bench: Brown Hanlon Palsson Booth Caldwell

Would like to have seen Crawford and Horner given starts but it appears they won't even be on the bench for this one. Spoony and Hanlon need a rest and O'Hanlon/Sodje need game time to prove their fitness for Sunday.

HibeeSince85
23-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Brown

Spoony
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Smith

Sproule
Pallson
Thornhill
Galbraith

Sodje
Gaz

Put a few goals away first half and do not take the foot of the gas, few more 2nd half and build a bit of confidence for Sunday and into the next round of the cup.

This is Hibs though so 1-0 Berwick:greengrin

BEEJ
23-08-2011, 11:56 AM
you only get 5 subs in the league cup and to be honest unless I wasn't 100% sure of the fitness of the keeper I wouldn't ever have a sub goalie on the bench.

pretty sure there's no rule about having one.

for what its worth I don't think Stack has been poor but I have always preferred Brown as a keeper and he made a save up at Aberdeen last season that is one of the best I have ever seen from a Hibs keeper and as I am old enough to have seen Roughy, Goram & Leighton play for the Hibees I've quite few good saves to choose from.
Hmmm. A risk taker! :greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
23-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Ive heard Murray to be rested. With ozzy, aggogo Airey all injured.

So my team would be -

Brown

Wotherspoon O'Hanlon Hanlon Smith

Palsson

Sproule. Thornhill. Booth

O'Connor. Sodje

Subs
Stack
Stephens
Stevenson
Galbraith
Caldwell

3 nil to Hibs

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Given that Osbourne, Airey and Agogo are all out, I would go with;

Stack

Booth
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Wotherspoon

Palsson
Sproule
Thornhill
Galbraith

O'Connor
Sodje

SUBS

Brown
Stephens
de Graaf
Scott
Crawford

Albion Hibs
23-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Given the importance of some of the up and coming games I would be inclined to rest a few 1st choice players and go with the following;

Stack

Wotherspoon / O'Hanlon / Hanlon / Booth

De Graff / Palsson / Stevenson / Galbraith

Thornhill

Sodje

The likes of Murray, O'Connor and Sproule I would probably keep for the bench. May also be a good opportunity to give Crawford another go.

scoopyboy
23-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Given the importance of some of the up and coming games I would be inclined to rest a few 1st choice players and go with the following;

Stack

Wotherspoon / O'Hanlon / Hanlon / Booth

De Graff / Palsson / Stevenson / Galbraith

Thornhill

Sodje

The likes of Murray, O'Connor and Sproule I would probably keep for the bench. May also be a good opportunity to give Crawford another go.

I expect to see Scott Smith at left back, Callum Booth left midfield?

De Graaf may be on his way and if that is the case I don't think Hibs will play him.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I'd go with..... 4-4-2

Stack

Wotherspoon O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray

Sproule Scott Palsson Booth

Sodje/Crawford O'Connor

scoopyboy
23-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd go with..... 4-4-2

Stack

Sodje/Crawford O'Connor

I wouldn't be much different from that;

Brown maybe in goals for Stack, with no reserve league he might want to keep Brown involved.

I expect to see Smith at left back.

Midfield seems likely and I think it might be GOC + Sodje to begin with.

Hibs90
23-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I'd play Spoony either way, but again either way I'd drop him on Sunday such a liability at the moment..Who knows maybe a goal and a good performance tonight might give him a bit of confidence.

Stack

Stephens
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Sproule
Thornhill
Palsson
Scott
Galbraith

O'Connor
Sodje/Agogo/Crawford

JustSimplyHibs
23-08-2011, 01:01 PM
_______________Brown

Wotherspoon O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth

________________Palson
___________Thornhill
Crawford___________Sodje_________Galbraith
_______________O'Connor

Subs
Stevenson
Sproule
Stephens
Scott
De Graff

Hibs to win 5-1

Hibee87
23-08-2011, 01:52 PM
where to start???

i think the team will be pretty much the same with spoony right back and pallson midfield and i can only guess danny left wing.

i would however like to see us play a bit different drop thornhill and put gaz just behind sodje who IMO is the better target man.
Gaz can score goals with ball to feet not hoofed up high. sodje to comand up top and laying of nicely for gaz to shoot or to the wing where i hope our pacy wingers would be on the end of it. sproule likes to cut back inside on himself and if we played gaz just behind sodge in the thornhill roll i would be more confident about him stickign the ball in the net form a cut back. i would have to go with the team like this:

...............stack....................

spoony......ohanlon...hanlon...booth
.................murray......................
sproule...........pallson..........galbraith
.................o'connor (free role)..................
.........................Sodje.................... .

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-08-2011, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't be much different from that;

Brown maybe in goals for Stack, with no reserve league he might want to keep Brown involved.

I expect to see Smith at left back.

Midfield seems likely and I think it might be GOC + Sodje to begin with.

Yeah, wouldnt be fussed if Brown was in goals. Just would like to see us go with a more solid 4-4-2. Murray at LB to give back 4 experience with O'Hanlon also. Booth left mid, i think he will improve as a defender but the boy can go forward and i still think Galbraith is far too featherweight. Centre mid is tough. Palsson is by far our best midfielder so he should be there. Thornhill has been a bit absent of late and i am not sure Ozzy is creative enough, I think Scott's reputation as a hard man gets him cornered into the matty jack role but he was creative at County so why not Hibs. And he has the drive and desire to achieve, (Captain? :) ).

Brooster
23-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Smith defo playing lb tonight.

stokesmessiah
23-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Is this game on the radio/online tonight ??????

Bostonhibby
23-08-2011, 05:55 PM
CC will have looked at his options, his injuries and his bank balance and will select the following to try and push Berwick all the way.

Brown

Spoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Smith

Sproule
Scott
Thornhill
Murray
Booth

GO'C

Subs:

Stack
Stephens
Palsson
Sodje
Stevenson

We'll play two defending mids, three attacking mids and a striker.

4-5-1 at home to Berwick, that's the way to go.

Damon Gray to get first/winning goal.

What do you think?

4-5-1 - excellent, no one will ever work out how to outwit us tactically on that one. launch it to O,connor frequently enough we might get the 1 goal we want so a draw looks a realistic option :wink: I expect a try out of different tactics and players to help us work out options for league games at the same time as winning well - anything less and whats the point?

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd play all the kids, and keep our first team free from injury for our relegation battle.

Wembley67
23-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I'd play all the kids, and keep our first team free from injury for our relegation battle.

I'd play all the first team and keep our kids free from injury for our relegation battle.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I'd go with..... 4-4-2

Stack

Sodje/Crawford O'Connor

Wasn't far off with my guess for tonight. Sounded much tighter and really think Martin Scott can be a good player for us if he plays regularly. Looks like Smith has given CC something to think about, hopefully he can stay and be involved rather than get farmed out.