PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood Grovelling

scuttle
23-08-2011, 08:15 AM
On BBC sport saying that the Fantastic Hibs board persuaded him to stay. Does he finally realise that he is under pressure now and is sooking up Petries **** to keep his job

marinello59
23-08-2011, 08:19 AM
He doesn't have to sook up to anybody. The board backed him very publically. If he fails then the board have failed too. Hopefully he doesn't.

Thecat23
23-08-2011, 08:22 AM
He shouldn't have needed to be persuaded to stay. He came here wanting to build a team and do well. So just because a couple of teams showed interest he was ready to jump ship. The guy just needs to go now because it's clear his heart isn't in it. Also it may be down to the fact the board refussed to sell, not being persuaded to stay at all.

KWJ
23-08-2011, 08:26 AM
This is a story taken from the Daily Record. Can we just leave it there please.

khib70
23-08-2011, 08:28 AM
On BBC sport saying that the Fantastic Hibs board persuaded him to stay. Does he finally realise that he is under pressure now and is sooking up Petries **** to keep his job
The guy obviously can't win with the likes of you. Read the full story and stop selecting quotes.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Colin-Calderwood-praises-Hibs-board.6823455.jp

He's obviously determined to build a successful team here and is committed to the club. He'll do it better without a baying lynch mob on his back.

steakbake
23-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Give the guy a bit of dignity... the board have been nothing other than supportive? Perhaps too supportive for some people. CC has been manager through a terrible run of form with little improvement since he's come in. The board have backed him very publicly and have brought in several new players. They were even absolutely determined to keep him this summer. So I guess CC is just acknowledging that.

As said before, the board will be desperate for this to work itself out because if it doesn't, surely heads must roll at that level too, having presided over such an abysmal and extended run of managerial failures.

wearethehibs
23-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Calderwood could say anything and someone will find fault with it. Its getting pretty boring reading all these threads.

Gala Foxes
23-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Must admit when you read the Scotsman article about the wonderful atmosphere within the club and how it is a superb place to work, full of great people and state of the art training facilities you are inclined to question - why, 4 years down the road since the training facility was opened, are we in such a deep 2 season rut with crowds plummeting.

Best game I have been to this season is still Vale Of Leithen Vs Hibs U19s

offshorehibby
23-08-2011, 09:19 AM
FFS the guy can't win give it a rest.

scuttle
23-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Calderwood could say anything and someone will find fault with it. Its getting pretty boring reading all these threads.If he said Im buying some defenders and going to play two up front I wouldnt find fault with that. If you are getting bored reading peoples opinions i suggest you dont read them then. This is supposed to be a forum where people express their opinions, and i respect your loyalty towards CC but im affraid im not as patient as you obviously are

Jim44
23-08-2011, 09:23 AM

That's a rather unfortunate choice of words in support of Calderwood.:greengrin

matty_f
23-08-2011, 09:31 AM

Exactly what I was going to say. Folk are looking for any angle to slaughter him (as they did with Mixu and Yogi).

Of course, the obvious comeback is that he literally can't win, and that's why he's getting grief! :greengrin:

Beefster
23-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Calderwood could say anything and someone will find fault with it. Its getting pretty boring reading all these threads.

Absolutely. He was being slated for shaking some hands at the weekend.

It's only a matter of time before his choice of attire and hair products come into the firing line. Jusifiably so.

stubru59
23-08-2011, 09:43 AM
No amount of psycho-analysing quotes will change what takes place on the park. CC's record speaks for itself. He'll either turn it round, or he'll be sacked.

Don Giovanni
23-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Its not the content of what he's saying... it's the timing. This press conference should have taken place before pre-season started. "I want to be here" "Fantastic facilities" "Supportive board" "Exciting challenge" etc. ... Now after his transfer saga and a disappointing start to the season it just comes across as slightly patronizing (sp.) TBH.

happiehibbie
23-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I think a defeat to night will sum up the fall of our team ...lets not kid ourselves this is a possibilty BR will be right up for this game.

I also belive that a defeat tonight could see CC book his taxi south

I am sitting here thinking of reasons why i should go tonight the main one is my heart tells me to go I wish CC could say the same. Thats all I ask CC put your hand on your heart and ask yourself do you want to be here if not dont muck our supporters about do the right thing and go...If you can put your hand on your heart and say you want to be at Hibs then we will all support you I know you have said this over the last day or so BUT we needed to hear this in the closed season and we need to see it happen with your team selections come and sit and watch the game from my seat !! because i am watching a diffrent game and players you are watching I will name two Galbraith Stevenson just for starters
:flag:

hibsbollah
23-08-2011, 10:13 AM
'Its my ideal bodyshop-type scenario'. WTF is he talking about? I havent heard so much meaningless mangling of the english language since Yogi's day. And Mixu wasnt much better either. Why cant we employ a manager who can express himself properly? (leaving aside the whole 'being unable to win games' thing).

EasterRoad4Ever
23-08-2011, 10:13 AM

Perhaps, because he has said little in 10 months to inspire confidence or hope in Hibs supporters, and demonstrated even less in his team selection or management. IMHO Hibs fans have been incredibly patient with the Board, managers and team over the last few years as they realised we were going through a transitional period. We all bought into the big shiny training centre and new stand, while others spent more than they had on their teams.

We're now going through another very painful transition where some of the football and results have been as bad as many can remember. It is hardly surprising that concern and criticism has grown over this period, and will continue to grow until we start to see some signs of improvement. I'm just surprised there's not been more protest at matches, but last Sat saw a marked change in this. CC's time is limited - he knows it, we know, and the Board better know it too.

EasterRoad4Ever
23-08-2011, 10:21 AM
'Its my ideal bodyshop-type scenario'. WTF is he talking about? I havent heard so much meaningless mangling of the english language since Yogi's day. And Mixu wasnt much better either. Why cant we employ a manager who can express himself properly? (leaving aside the whole 'being unable to win games' thing).

Sweety-shop last month, this month body-shops.

Any guess what other types of shops CC will drivelling on about next month ? Pawn shop ?

aberhibsfc
23-08-2011, 10:40 AM

Therin lies the problem.

Gala Foxes
23-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Any guess what other types of shops CC will drivelling on about next month ? Pawn shop ?

He could do with going to a Right Back shop pronto

offshorehibby
23-08-2011, 10:55 AM
That's a rather unfortunate choice of words in support of Calderwood.:greengrin

Exactly what I was going to say. Folk are looking for any angle to slaughter him (as they did with Mixu and Yogi).

Of course, the obvious comeback is that he literally can't win, and that's why he's getting grief! :greengrin:

On refection i suppose a better choice of wording might have been better. it wasn't meant as a slag.

Sammy7nil
23-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Its not the content of what he's saying... it's the timing. This press conference should have taken place before pre-season started. "I want to be here" "Fantastic facilities" "Supportive board" "Exciting challenge" etc. ... Now after his transfer saga and a disappointing start to the season it just comes across as slightly patronizing (sp.) TBH.

:top marks:top marks
That is exactly the point this statement is 6 or 7 weeks too late and that is why he will struggle to win fans over. His team selection and tactics have been poor but his PR has been worse. Ig Palsson starts at right back tonight it is time to go. I would rather he played Ivan at Right back at least he has not proved he can't play there.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm not surprised the board are giving him their backing.

Two months on from refusing clubs permission to approach him, it would reflect badly on Petrie and the board if they acknowledged that his position has become untenable due to bad results.

They really have no other option at the moment, unless things get even worse over the next couple of months.

AJWisme
23-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I don't care about what he's saying. If he's actually the man I want to see it on the pitch, and I'm just not. I've had enough with him now, negative football.

offshorehibby
23-08-2011, 11:53 AM

I'd like to think it'll be Top Shop

Jim44
23-08-2011, 01:56 PM
In some respects, it's good that we have a game tonight against a very weak team, which we should have no problems beating easily. The result will give a clear picture of either how low we have sunk or how much we are heading in the other direction.

Hibercelona
23-08-2011, 02:00 PM
If the team lines up tonight in a 4-5-1 formation, I won't be staying very long.

Septimus
23-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Has Calderwood moved his family to Edinburgh?

greenlex
23-08-2011, 03:03 PM
No amount of psycho-analysing quotes will change what takes place on the park. CC's record speaks for itself. He'll either turn it round, or he'll be sacked.
That's about the size of it. :agree:

JustSimplyHibs
23-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Perhaps, because he has said little in 10 months to inspire confidence or hope in Hibs supporters, and demonstrated even less in his team selection or management. IMHO Hibs fans have been incredibly patient with the Board, managers and team over the last few years as they realised we were going through a transitional period. We all bought into the big shiny training centre and new stand, while others spent more than they had on their teams.

We're now going through another very painful transition where some of the football and results have been as bad as many can remember. It is hardly surprising that concern and criticism has grown over this period, and will continue to grow until we start to see some signs of improvement. I'm just surprised there's not been more protest at matches, but last Sat saw a marked change in this. CC's time is limited - he knows it, we know, and the Board better know it too.

Paul Hanlon's time is limited as well
:wink:

down-the-slope
24-08-2011, 07:46 AM

:agree:

you also forgot his tone...not nearly enough hyperbole for some.......

:yawn:

hibsbollah
24-08-2011, 07:59 AM
I wasnt there last night. The scoreline wasnt of primary importance to me, more importantly, how was his body language?

GreenPJ
24-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Paul Hanlon's time is limited as well
:wink:

??

JustSimplyHibs
24-08-2011, 08:31 AM
??

It was in response to a comment saying CC time is limited - he knows it, we know it and the board better know it......only highlighting that anyone's (Paul Hanlon as an example) time is limited, they know it, we know and the board know it.