PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Monday Night Football ***Man United vs Spurs***

Sylar
22-08-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game tonight. A weakened Man Utd side, without Ferdinand and Vidic (and with De Gea in goals) up against a Spurs side who had bags of potential last season, but haven't yet played a proper competitive game this season yet (well, it wasn't, was it?).

Gareth Bale to bag a hat-trick and save a rather poor week for my fantasy side :greengrin

HibeePaj
22-08-2011, 06:32 PM
My money is on a 3-3 draw tonight....

...and a Patrice Evra hat-trick to round of a winning week on fantasy:wink:

Future17
22-08-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game tonight. A weakened Man Utd side, without Ferdinand and Vidic (and with De Gea in goals) up against a Spurs side who had bags of potential last season, but haven't yet played a proper competitive game this season yet (well, it wasn't, was it?).

Gareth Bale to bag a hat-trick and save a rather poor week for my fantasy side :greengrin

Anyone who has watched a decent amount of Spanish football over the years knows that De Gea is a class act. He's young and will make mistakes but I expect him to be the United keeper for the next decade.

CFC
22-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Speaking of Utds keeper anyone mind how many keepers they tried from the great dane to vds? I recall: bosnich, taibi, barthez, howard, carroll where there any others?

Mark79
22-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Goram?

hibbymark
22-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Watching the game just now I noticed the spurs goalie top (puma) has the 2 sloping stripes that our home top has. Did I read at the launch of the home kit that the stripes were to represent the old easter rd slope? :confused:

Saorsa
22-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Watching the game just now I noticed the spurs goalie top (puma) has the 2 sloping stripes that our home top has. Did I read at the launch of the home kit that the stripes were to represent the old easter rd slope? :confused:maybe they had a slope too :dunno: :greengrin

Sylar
22-08-2011, 08:18 PM
United 1-0 Spurs: Danny Welbeck. Great header.

Cropley10
22-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Goram?

Aye The Goalie played for Man U.

greenlex
22-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Quality 2nd goal. :agree: 2-0 Man Utd. They are threatening to run riot. First to everything.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Hearts must be really p1sh :greengrin

greenlex
22-08-2011, 08:36 PM
They are. Man Utd would take about a gazillion of them inside 30mins.:agree:

YehButNoBut
22-08-2011, 08:36 PM

:agree:

Wellbeck looking superb this season.

Kaiser1962
22-08-2011, 08:37 PM
They are. Man Utd would take about a gazillion of them inside 30mins.:agree:

If Utd score again Spurs go bottom.

iwasthere1972
22-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Watching the game just now I noticed the spurs goalie top (puma) has the 2 sloping stripes that our home top has. Did I read at the launch of the home kit that the stripes were to represent the old easter rd slope? :confused:

No. They represent the decline in our team over the last 5 years.

Kaiser1962
22-08-2011, 08:39 PM
No. They represent the decline in our team over the last 5 years.

Or the increase in our performances over the next 5 :greengrin

Kaiser1962
22-08-2011, 08:51 PM
And Spurs are now bottom of the premier league!

iwasthere1972
22-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Or the increase in our performances over the next 5 :greengrin

Is that you Colin?

Jonnyboy
22-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Quality 2nd goal. :agree: 2-0 Man Utd. They are threatening to run riot. First to everything.

Running riot in Manchester? Surely not :greengrin

Kaiser1962
22-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Is that you Colin?

I'm not sure he can type.......

Sean1875
22-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Our final ball just wasn't good enough tonight. Still reckon Man Utd will be league champions with 6 games to go though, cant realistically expect to win at Old Trafford but dissapointed given the way we started the second half as thought we could have really pushed on.

stokesmessiah
22-08-2011, 09:18 PM

A work colleague of mine who is a Man Utd fan/glory hunter was at Old Trafford tonight just text me to say that a section around him were singing "Are you Hearts in disguise" :greengrin

CFC
22-08-2011, 09:26 PM
United will piss this league, no question. Hats off theyve got another good crop of youngsters coming through. Edit - meant to add think City will struggle to be as consistent as Utd

lyonhibs
22-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Our final ball just wasn't good enough tonight. Still reckon Man Utd will be league champions with 6 games to go though, cant realistically expect to win at Old Trafford but dissapointed given the way we started the second half as thought we could have really pushed on.Hibs played on Saturday. What's this "we" rubbish? A clean sheet for Man U is good news for my FF team

Sean1875
22-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Hibs played on Saturday. What's this "we" rubbish? A clean sheet for Man U is good news for my FF team
Hibs come first of course! But in terms of English football its Spurs all the way :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
22-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Missed the first half but the second half was absolutely brilliant football by United.

The move that led to Anderson's goal was outstanding, particularly Welbeck's backheel.

United really looked like scoring every time they had possession of the ball. De Gea still worries me slightly in goal and that may prove to be their biggest weakness this season.

Manchester Utd only dropped two points at Old Trafford during the whole of last season and on tonight's evidence, I wouldn't bet against them repeating something similar this season. It just shows how good a squad they've got when they can afford to keep the likes of Giggs, Carrick, Park, Berbatov and Hernandez on the bench and Ferdinand, Vidic, Owen and Valencia weren't in the squad at all.

It's scary to think what United would have done to Hearts if they had been at Tynecastle last week, based on how they dominated Tottenham tonight. Spurs' only change from the game against Hearts was to bring in Brad Friedel for Heurelho Gomes.

I suppose we can't really talk too much either. What I saw tonight could barely be described as being the same sport to the one that I watch every week.

iwasthere1972
23-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Missed the first half but the second half was absolutely brilliant football by United.

Didn't hear of any delays with fans getting in late to Old Trafford last night. :confused: