PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for a new owner?

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2011, 02:21 PM
There's no doubt STF done us a huge favour when buying us, but has he taken us as far as he can?

We know STF wont put anymore money into the club, why should he?

The problem i see is nobody would probably want to buy Hibs, let alone invest money into the club, or is there?

God forbid anything should happen to sir Tom, but if it did, and we had to have a new owner, does anyone think we'd attract anyone decent, anyone who might want to invest?

:dunno:

Keith_M
22-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Other than emotional reasons, I can't see there being much of an attraction in buying a mediocre Scottish club. I'm having trouble visualising the Oil Sheikhs queuing up outside ER with cheques in hand.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Other than emotional reasons, I can't see there being much of an attraction in buying a mediocre Scottish club. I'm having trouble visualising the Oil Sheikhs queuing up outside ER with cheques in hand.

Us having a new owner is something some folk wont even entertain. Yet it will happen someday, although when i dont know?

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Whilst its highly unlikely to happen, it would take nowhere near the amount of investment to qualify for The Champions League via The SPL than it would via The EPL particularly with the financial state of the OF at the moment.
You would imagine they would prefer to invest in The Arabs though!

Thecat23
22-08-2011, 02:38 PM
There's no doubt STF done us a huge favour when buying us, but has he taken us as far as he can?

The problem i see is nobody would probably want to buy Hibs, let alone invest money into the club, or is there?

God forbid anything should happen to sir Tom, but if it did, and we had to have a new owner, does anyone think we'd attract anyone decent, anyone who might want to invest?

The time for a new owner should have been when the stadium was complete. I will forever thank Sir Tom Farmer for saving us he has put alot of cash into Hibs and for that I'm thankful. But now is the time for a new era at Hibs. Just plodding along saying yeah but at least we're spending within our means is getting a bit over used. If there is someone out there which i'm sure there will be. After all the Old Firm are rubbish just now so it wouldn't take much to build a side that can compete with them. We have a completed stadium and a brand new training complex so the foundations are there to build on. One word is what Hibernian board have lacked imho and that's AMBITION.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2011, 02:43 PM
The time for a new owner should have been when the stadium was complete. I will forever thank Sir Tom Farmer for saving us he has put alot of cash into Hibs and for that I'm thankful. But now is the time for a new era at Hibs. Just plodding along saying yeah but at least we're spending within our means is getting a bit over used. If there is someone out there which i'm sure there will be. After all the Old Firm are rubbish just now so it wouldn't take much to build a side that can compete with them. We have a completed stadium and a brand new training complex so the foundations are there to build on. One word is what Hibernian board have lacked imho and that's AMBITION.

Maybe around £30m a year i'd have thought.

Part/Time Supporter
22-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Whilst its highly unlikely to happen, it would take nowhere near the amount of investment to qualify for The Champions League via The SPL than it would via The EPL particularly with the financial state of the OF at the moment.
You would imagine they would prefer to invest in The Arabs though!

The Huns regularly are in the Champions League, yet look at the difficulty they have had in finding new ownership. St. Mirren have been up for sale for even longer, Motherwell went into fans ownership. There is an attraction to wealthy businessman in owning an English top flight club, never mind one involved in Europe (cf Blackburn, Leicester, QPR).

Hibs have got to start spending the money they do generate a lot better than they have done since John Park left in 2007. You can count the number of good transfer deals since then on the fingers of one hand, yet Hibs have been consistently spending more than everyone except the OF and Hertz.

Farmer is about as good an owner as Hibs are going to get. He isn't going to fund any crazy spending sprees ("ambition"), yet he will support the club if it does have problems (as it has done on a few occasions since he took over).

Hibiza
22-08-2011, 02:45 PM
STF , saved us from ruin. Short memories.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2011, 02:47 PM

Yip 20 years is quite a short time. :rolleyes:

Thecat23
22-08-2011, 02:49 PM

I don't think anywhere near that to be fair BH. But it's getting players to play in this league that's the real problem.

Thecat23
22-08-2011, 02:51 PM

i don't have a short memory mate.. As i posted i'm thankful for him coming in when he did. But that doesn't mean he should be in control until the day he dies does it? Is it so bad to bring up the subject of selling to someone? not anyone it does have to be the right person so we may be asking this in ten years time.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't think anywhere near that to be fair BH. But it's getting players to play in this league that's the real problem.

Rantic spend around that amount in wages each year, you said After all the Old Firm are rubbish just now so it wouldn't take much to build a side that can compete with them)

How much do you think it would take to compete with two teams spending roughly £30m a year? Bearing in mind Hearts have been spending around £10m and getting nowhere near.

MrSmith
22-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't think it is right for us yet but it will happen at some point as BH states. However, given the state of Scottish football and the relatively low financing it would take to pip the OF for Europe, then perhaps we might get interest sooner rather than later! But... I would hate for us to end up like Hearts or get back into the debt accrued/incurred in 91/92 and more recently 2000's when the car park had to be sold to clear debt and, also, the selling of our 2007 team.

truehibernian
22-08-2011, 03:03 PM
i don't have a short memory mate.. As i posted i'm thankful for him coming in when he did. But that doesn't mean he should be in control until the day he dies does it? Is it so bad to bring up the subject of selling to someone? not anyone it does have to be the right person so we may be asking this in ten years time.

Thing is mate, who really in their right mind, other than an egotist, will want to invest in a football club in Scotland (and I mean really invest, both financially and throw their heart and soul into it) ?

It's a poisoned chalice if you ask me. The banks are already demanding their money back, owners (as we have seen with Dundee Utd) are now very reluctant to invest their monies further into a football club, most clubs run at a loss, the TV revenue is poor and the crowds are diminishing. I'm just thankful we are in such a secure position right now albeit the football is terrible :boo hoo:

With Rod showing time and time again he drives a hard bargain for the benefit of the club (yes, arguable :greengrin)............what makes anyone think he wouldn't be like-minded when it comes to selling his share ? Plus you really need to be sure of who is buying the club and is it for the right reasons. We are great sentimentalists in football, Scottish football in particular, which has held us back in my opinion (ground sharing options, shared sponsorship, merging smaller sides in lower leagues, etc). But being quite selfish, I'm glad Hibernian is where it is in the grand scheme of things and we are in safe hands. Every other club chairman/owner recognises that and have commented on it.

Just the football brand to get right now eh................................:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
22-08-2011, 03:08 PM

We have been available for sale "to the right person" since STF reluctantly took over. We've not exactly been knocked over in the rush.

You are right though in that it is going to happen fairly soon. STF is now 70ish and RP appears to be winding down/getting fed up, whichever way you want to take it.

Thecat23
22-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Rantic spend around that amount in wages each year, you said After all the Old Firm are rubbish just now so it wouldn't take much to build a side that can compete with them)

How much do you think it would take to compete with two teams spending roughly £30m a year? Bearing in mind Hearts have been spending around £10m and getting nowhere near.

I actually never thought about wages there BH, fair point. Yeah taking that into account then it would be around that.

Thecat23
22-08-2011, 03:13 PM
We have been available for sale "to the right person" since STF reluctantly took over. We've not exactly been knocked over in the rush.

You are right though in that it is going to happen fairly soon. STF is now 70ish and RP appears to be winding down/getting fed up, whichever way you want to take it.

I've always heard this that we have been for sale to the right owner. But why not come out and say, Ok here's the deal Hibs are up for sale. Get out there pushing to find someone that will take us forward. Not sit back and hope someone just says oh look Hibs are for sale lets make STF an offer.

Like you say he is getting on and Petrie well i honestly have no idea what he wants from Hibs just now. Either way we need a change and some freshness through out.

smurf
22-08-2011, 03:16 PM
In answer to the OP I think yes.

No proof but I don't see why Sir Tom still wants to own the club and don't believe he does.

However, no billionaire from far off shores is going to be interested in us.

And if there was a very rich Hibby wanting to get involved I think we would have heard by now...

At some point we will need to move on from the ownership of Sir Tom.

It would be nice if we could look at getting ownership into the hands of the support.

Perhaps there could be possibilities within that but what return on his investment would Sir Tom be looking for?

On a Fergus McCann scale? Having saved the club for the community you would like to think not...

What a legacy he could leave if he could walk away with some return leaving the club in ownership of the supporters.

Part/Time Supporter
22-08-2011, 03:19 PM

No proof but I don't see why Sir Tom still wants to own the club and don't believe he does.

And if there was a very rich Hibby wanting to get involved I think we would have heard by now...

It would be nice if we could look at getting ownership into the hands of the support.

Perhaps there could be possibilities within that but what return on his investment would Sir Tom be looking for?

On a Fergus McCann scale? Having saved the club for the community you would like to think not...

What a legacy he could leave if he could walk away with some return leaving the club in ownership of the supporters.

Which would mean precisely the same financial policy as at present (spend as much as is earned), but without Farmer's support if things go bad.

What's the point of that?

smurf
22-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Which would mean precisely the same financial policy as at present (spend as much as is earned), but without Farmer's support if things go bad.

What's the point of that?

The point is we will need at some point need to get to that point.

Kaiser1962
22-08-2011, 03:22 PM

I do believe he would like to come up with some way of doing this and guranteeing the future of the club BUT....he did say once it was his job to ensure the club lasted "another 125 years" and if he gave it to us I doubt we would last 125 days. Sad but true.

ShanksSaidNo
22-08-2011, 03:52 PM
The point is we will need at some point need to get to that point.

Good point, well made

smurf
22-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I do believe he would like to come up with some way of doing this and guranteeing the future of the club BUT....he did say once it was his job to ensure the club lasted "another 125 years" and if he gave it to us I doubt we would last 125 days. Sad but true.

Why? We would elect a board and on current trends the current board would be safe.:greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
22-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Do we need a new owner - No unless someone is willing to come in and open up a cheque book.

Do we need to replace the current Board which consists of RP (Chairman) Scott Lindsay (Executive Director), Garry O'Haggan (Director/Club Sec) Bruce Lanham (Director), Fife Hyland (Managing Director), Amanda Jones (Director), Jamie Marwick (Finace Director) -YES with more forward thinking people

I don't know how much say Tom has if at all any, which in going by his interviews he let's the above mentioned names deal with everything. For me this is the guys that need replacing

Andy74
22-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Us having a new owner is something some folk wont even entertain. Yet it will happen someday, although when i dont know?

It depends on the reasons.

I won't entertain it if it means we are looking to them for investment.

That sort of thing doesn't lead to any form of stable future. you can only run a club by spending slightly less than you get in. Nothing else is sustainable.

If however we are looking at someone with the same outlook but has more desire to put in place a stucture that will help grow the income and ultimately football success then great.

Much as I admire all the current regime has achieved off the filed, they do state all the time that on the field success is what drives it all. They seem to be making that bit look very, very difficult compared to the resources we have.

ancient hibee
22-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Say £15 million to buy the club then £20 million to buy some players then £30 million for the first year's wages-total £65 million-don't see any problem in getting someone interested.All the new owner would have to do would be to get the income up to about ten times the current level-piece of cake.In fact I believe a well known Middle East investor Mustapha Kraapp has been seen tieing up his camel in the car park.

Albion Hibs
22-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Seems like a ridiculous thread, why would it be time for a new owner, pretty ungrateful to suggest given how much STF has done for the club. In addition what makes you think his family would not want to pick up where he left off?

No one is going to pile money into a club in this country just to appease a few stay away fans.

Look at;
Rangers, more often than not win the league, the benefit of a far bigger and more loyal support, TV money and euro money -they are in bother.

Hearts - the best example, do you want the next Vlad, running us into debt, wages not being paid, managers binned every five mins (perhaps not that different to us) HMRC notices doing the rounds in the news.

Dundee Utd - If other reports are believed to be true, the bank are nicking all the money from recent transfers, no further investment in infrastructure - stands, training centre or the team from the family running the club.

Within the last 3 or 4 weeks stories about all of the above have been in and about the media, if nothing else we should be sitting he pretty grateful for the way our club is run and the club that we have. I cant understand why you would want to enter the realms of any of the above, so far beyond me.

The start of this reason has been disappointed, no more so than the game on Saturday, but the season is still young. I think we need to be pretty grateful for the owner and the board that we have in place.

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Do we need a new owner - No unless someone is willing to come in and open up a cheque book.

Do we need to replace the current Board which consists of RP (Chairman) Scott Lindsay (Executive Director), Garry O'Haggan (Director/Club Sec) Bruce Lanham (Director), Fife Hyland (Managing Director), Amanda Jones (Director), Jamie Marwick (Finace Director) -YES with more forward thinking people

I don't know how much say Tom has if at all any, which in going by his interviews he let's the above mentioned names deal with everything. For me this is the guys that need replacing

This is the kind of nebulous statement that I have difficulty in understanding.

What exactly do you mean by "more forward-thinking."? If you mean, "people who have an infallible talent for appointing a team manager who is absolutely superb for this club", then I am with you. And so is every other supporter of every football club in the world.

Other than that, though, could you give us a job specification? .

--------
22-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Short answer, YES.

Hibernian is the only senior football club I know where the owner never turns up at games and doesn't appear to be concerned about either the performance of the team or the results.

As far as I can see, he stepped in 20 years ago to save the club, and now wants to preserve it as an "Edinburgh institution" - in other words, a museum piece. Well I don't fancy living in an institution, and if I want to visit a museum, I'll go to Chambers Street or the Burrell Collection.

The club has been drifting from one crisis to another for far too long, but TF doesn't seem too worried. Which means RP doesn't need to worry, the board doesn't need to worry, the manager doesn't need to worry, and the players don't need to worry, because the owner (who has the clout to shake the whole boiling of them up in the air and kick their collective and several backsides, really doesn't seem to care.

I'm beginning to think that he's a hologram the board activate once a year for the AGM.

[QUOTE=Hibiza;2894980]STF , saved us from ruin. Short memories.

See above - 20 years is a long time. We're drifting and stagnating, and going nowhere.

What happens to the club when TF finally drops off the twig? Who inherits? Will they care any more than he does? Or do we get yet another helping of RP and the "steady as she goes" policy? It was "steady as she goes" that sank to Titanic, IIRC. SHE hadn't a clue where she was going either.

Albion Hibs
22-08-2011, 04:52 PM

I would agree with the above in asking what you mean by forward thinking, also let me know how the above would not qualify for that? Any additional background information you could provide on your experience in advising football clubs on their management structure would also be interesting!

LeithBoozy
22-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Our wee Tam is a Sir, a well deserved honour. If it was within my power, he would also be a Duke, Marquess, Earl, Viscount and Baron of sunny Leith. I canny think of any more, but God bless him, we would have been in some mess without him, thats for sure.

--------
22-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Our wee Tam is a Sir, a well deserved honour. If it was within my power, he would also be a Duke, Marquess, Earl, Viscount and Baron of sunny Leith. I canny think of any more, but God bless him, we would have been in some mess without him, thats for sure.

Well, we're in a right mess WITH HIM, now.

That's also for sure.

ancient hibee
22-08-2011, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2894956]There's no doubt STF done us a huge favour when buying us, but has he taken us as far as he can?

Short answer, YES.

Hibernian is the only senior football club I know where the owner never turns up at games and doesn't appear to be concerned about either the performance of the team or the results.

As far as I can see, he stepped in 20 years ago to save the club, and now wants to preserve it as an "Edinburgh institution" - in other words, a museum piece. Well I don't fancy living in an institution, and if I want to visit a museum, I'll go to Chambers Street or the Burrell Collection.

The club has been drifting from one crisis to another for far too long, but TF doesn't seem too worried. Which means RP doesn't need to worry, the board doesn't need to worry, the manager doesn't need to worry, and the players don't need to worry, because the owner (who has the clout to shake the whole boiling of them up in the air and kick their collective and several backsides, really doesn't seem to care.

I'm beginning to think that he's a hologram the board activate once a year for the AGM.

See above - 20 years is a long time. We're drifting and stagnating, and going nowhere.

What happens to the club when TF finally drops off the twig? Who inherits? Will they care any more than he does? Or do we get yet another helping of RP and the "steady as she goes" policy? It was "steady as she goes" that sank to Titanic, IIRC. SHE hadn't a clue where she was going either.

While I normally hang on your every word you're a bit wide of the mark on this one.STF is frequently at games and I spoke to him last season in Behind the Goals.

He has assured the financial well being and left it to the professionals to run-seems the best option to e.

The Falcon
22-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Piece of piss then. Crack on :aok:

LeithBoozy
22-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Why any sane person would want to have ago at STF I will never know?. He does not pick the Manager, he does not pick the team. He has used his expertise as a class businessman to clear 18million ? of debt, build a new ground and TC, as I have already stated, we would have been in some mess without him.

JustSimplyHibs
22-08-2011, 06:11 PM
This is the kind of nebulous statement that I have difficulty in understanding.

What exactly do you mean by "more forward-thinking."? If you mean, "people who have an infallible talent for appointing a team manager who is absolutely superb for this club", then I am with you. And so is every other supporter of every football club in the world.

Other than that, though, could you give us a job specification? .

The Club for a number of years have been very slow in brining up new ideas.

For a start look at the season ticket structure - you only get 2 or 3 options with other clubs you can get upto 10 options.

We are a club who are struggeling to get 6000 punters through the gate....one main reason the Price the board should be reviewing the price structure.

The club is very slow in bringing information to the fans....the people who pay their hard earned money only until have they started communicating and that is because they are trying to appease us.

The sponsorship deals they strike with companies....a mean come on they should be activly looking for companies willing to pump in a bit more cash to the club, instead of accepting the first lame offer they recieve....

Advertising - the club is poor in advertising. i.e. xmas nights at our fabby function suites....where is it advertised?????? on our website and matchday programmes who other than hibs fans see it????.... no papers no flyers getting sent out to business.

That's just for starters i have another 113 odd things in my head and they might be wee but they are ideas that would push certain areas of the club forward, something which the board should be doing - hence Forward Thinking a bit of Get Up and Go, we are a business as well as a football club.

Albion Hibs
22-08-2011, 06:27 PM

For a start look at the season ticket structure - you only get 2 or 3 options with other clubs you can get upto 10 options.

We are a club who are struggeling to get 6000 punters through the gate....one main reason the Price the board should be reviewing the price structure.

The club is very slow in bringing information to the fans....the people who pay their hard earned money only until have they started communicating and that is because they are trying to appease us.

The sponsorship deals they strike with companies....a mean come on they should be activly looking for companies willing to pump in a bit more cash to the club, instead of accepting the first lame offer they recieve....

Advertising - the club is poor in advertising. i.e. xmas nights at our fabby function suites....where is it advertised?????? on our website and matchday programmes who other than hibs fans see it????.... no papers no flyers getting sent out to business.

That's just for starters i have another 113 odd things in my head and they might be wee but they are ideas that would push certain areas of the club forward, something which the board should be doing - hence Forward Thinking a bit of Get Up and Go, we are a business as well as a football club.

What are these 10 season ticket options?

Do you know that we dont actively look for sponsors? I would doubt very much that they dont, in addition that they would accept the first one.

JustSimplyHibs
22-08-2011, 06:47 PM
What are these 10 season ticket options?

Do you know that we dont actively look for sponsors? I would doubt very much that they dont, in addition that they would accept the first one.

Am sure a said at least but here goes anyway -

Cat A games
Cat B Games
League Cup top up
Scottish Cup top
Both Cup top up
Hibs TV
Priority away tickets
Discount on Club Merch - 10% for an extra £50 on a season ticket
Recomend a freind who wasn't a season ticket holder the season before - you can get a £50 discount
Early Bird

Even have a option for saturday only season tickets.

Different kind of options for all supporters, you've just gotta keep your options open!

I dont see sponsorship in our stands on the big grey areas of the stand and if we have a bet it just 1 and that will be our Shirt Sponsor!!!!! I dont see sponsorship outside the ground....so no i don't think we activly seek sponsorship.

jdships
22-08-2011, 06:57 PM

" No proof but I don't see why Sir Tom still wants to own the club and don't believe he does."

Unfortunately you forgot to add " In my opinion"
Try and spend a few minutes in STF company and you will soon know wether he still wants to own the club or not :rolleyes:

As it happens IMO I believe there will be , in the not too distant future, some movement to change the set up at ER . Not sure if this will be the formation of a Trust ( STF often speaks of this) or if it will be a sale to a third party(s)

:flag:

Alfred E Newman
22-08-2011, 07:02 PM
We are more in need of an overhall of our coaching and scouting set up.

JustSimplyHibs
22-08-2011, 07:03 PM
" No proof but I don't see why Sir Tom still wants to own the club and don't believe he does."

Unfortunately you forgot to add " In my opinion"
Try and spend a few minutes in STF company and you will soon know wether he still wants to own the club or not :rolleyes:

As it happens IMO I believe there will be , in the not too distant future, some movement to change the set up at ER . Not sure if this will be the formation of a Trust ( STF often speaks of this) or if it will be a sale to a third party(s)

:flag:

Previous owner of a football club in Scotland by any chance :wink:

jdships
22-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Previous owner of a football club in Scotland by any chance :wink:

Why not ? However can you think of anyone with " cash to burn " ?
We all know STF at some point will stand down either by intention or due to his untimely death but on the occasions I have met/spoken with him his commitment to HFC has never wavered .
I realise that those of us who remember the dark days of Gray/Duff/Mercer can get a bit emotional about the part STF played in saving this club
What is fact is he has always supported the club to the best of his financial ability.
Something for which we should all be grateful and when the time comes just hope we get a new owner with the same feelings about HFC

As they say " Be careful what you wish for " :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
22-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Why any sane person would want to have ago at STF I will never know?. He does not pick the Manager, he does not pick the team. He has used his expertise as a class businessman to clear 18million ? of debt, build a new ground and TC, as I have already stated, we would have been in some mess without him.

:agree: its not his fault we're pash at the moment and we're certainly in better shape now than when he took over. Can anyone name a better owner in the SPL?

I can see the logic in blaming Petrie/players/Calderwood but STF is nothing to do with it.

Kaiser1962
22-08-2011, 07:46 PM

:agree:

CropleyWasGod
22-08-2011, 07:51 PM

In other words, incremental growth, which has been the publicly stated aim of the Board this last few years?

And, apart from the glaring omission on the park, I would suggest that this has, and is being, achieved.

Lofarl
22-08-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2011/07/20/abu-dhabi-oil-sheikh-writes-his-name-in-the-sand-two-miles-wide/

Lets get this gadje.

Kaiser1962
22-08-2011, 07:59 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2011/07/20/abu-dhabi-oil-sheikh-writes-his-name-in-the-sand-two-miles-wide/

Lets get this gadje.

We sending a letter or a delegation? He's obviously pretty bored.

down-the-slope
22-08-2011, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2894956]There's no doubt STF done us a huge favour when buying us, but has he taken us as far as he can?

Short answer, YES.

Untrue...I have seen STF many times in BTG before games......In fact one day i was ascending the stairs with beer in one hand and burger & chips in the other when He and Rod were going down a level...Sir Tom being an man to see an opportunity asked if chips were good and as i nodded he proceeded to help himself to a few.....:greengrin cheekt bugger could see i had no way of defending my grub

proud_and_green
22-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Why not ? However can you think of anyone with " cash to burn " ?
We all know STF at some point will stand down either by intention or due to his untimely death but on the occasions I have met/spoken with him his commitment to HFC has never wavered .
I realise that those of us who remember the dark days of Gray/Duff/Mercer can get a bit emotional about the part STF played in saving this club
What is fact is he has always supported the club to the best of his financial ability.
Something for which we should all be grateful and when the time comes just hope we get a new owner with the same feelings about HFC

You beat me too it!

It may not be brilliant, but look at some of the saviours who have come to some clubs promising ..... world domination or even smaller examples such as Dundee.

STF is a safe pair of hands and someone who will not squader the future of the club for fleeting success.

Loopz
22-08-2011, 10:40 PM
What if our army of celebrity fans donated 1 weeks wages each. Surely this would provide league dominance.

Albion Hibs
22-08-2011, 10:41 PM
What if our army of celebrity fans donated 1 weeks wages each. Surely this would provide league dominance.

What about our own fans turn up before we start asking others just to give us something for nothing!

Loopz
22-08-2011, 10:50 PM
What about our own fans turn up before we start asking others just to give us something for nothing!

What about our players starting to perform for the wages that the fans that do turn up are providing at the moment for no return.

Albion Hibs
22-08-2011, 10:53 PM
What about our players starting to perform for the wages that the fans that do turn up are providing at the moment for no return.

What about supporting a team because you support the team. Too many conditions from so many as to what has to be achieved before they start supporting hibs again, i.e. investment in players, certainty with the manager, lower gate prices, Andy Murray sticking in a few quid.

If you need that many reasons then your time is probably best spent at Cineworld.

jgl07
22-08-2011, 10:59 PM
The last person to express an interest to buy Hibs was Brian Kennedy.

Most of the Hands on Hibs brigade seemed quite keen on him taking over.

He was only really interested in Hibs to get hold of Easter Road to host an Edinburgh-based professional Rugby Union team in the English Premiership.

Once knocked back by Hibs he moved back to Manchester and did exactly that taking over the Sale Rugby Union team and Stockport County. This wrecked Stockport who are now tenants in the ground they once owned and are down to the Conference after being spat out by Kennedy.

No thanks. We could end up with an Eastern European nutjob in control.

Petrie has made some dodgy managerial appointments but that was largely down to bringing in who the supporters demanded (Sauzee, Collins, Mixu, Yogi). He also eased out managers as demanded by the same fans (especially Mixu).

Loopz
22-08-2011, 11:05 PM
What about supporting a team because you support the team. Too many conditions from so many as to what has to be achieved before they start supporting hibs again, i.e. investment in players, certainty with the manager, lower gate prices, Andy Murray sticking in a few quid.

If you need that many reasons then your time is probably best spent at Cineworld.

At the moment every Hibs supporter in the stadium is there because we support the team as there is no other reason to be there. I buy 3 season tickets every year, no strings attached. Not sure I will be able to pass on this legacy onto my two sons.

HKhibby
23-08-2011, 01:30 AM
I personally wouldnt have a problem with someone new coming in to buy Hibs, as long as they would invest in the proper way, , we have the stadium and east mains etc.. and not alot of debt which would probably be attractive to someone new with money too invest in a football club, my only concern would be if it were to attract another one from Eastern Europe!!....then, where would we be going?

basehibby
23-08-2011, 02:46 AM

Out of all the SPL clubs Hibs must surely be one of the more attractive to prospective buyers - low debt, good infrastructure and year on year profits have got to add up to something afterall. But I haven't noticed a queue round the block now you mention it!

I think Farmer has expressed in the past that he'd be willing to sell up if the right buyer came along and I presume by that he means some individual or group with the financial muscle and track record to ensure the future and prosperity of Hibs insofar as that's possible.

But with the current crap financial state of the nation I can't see a change of ownership happening any time soon - in the mean time lets hope that the current guardians of the club ensure Hibs remain an attractive proposition by putting a decent team on the park that will thrive in the SPL and help fill up these lovely new stands.

Kaiser1962
23-08-2011, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2894956]

History is quite clear that the Titanic sank because she ignored all the warnings and refused to drop her speed or alter her course. Had she adopted a more cautious approach all those people may not have died. :dunno:

bigwheel
23-08-2011, 07:11 AM
I think a key question is "why would anyone want to buy Hibs?" . There is no investment upside - it would have to be for love of the club, or for a new hobby to waste some money on.

there are very few clubs worldwide which make a return on investment. We would certainly not be one. Turnover circa 6-8M. Some debt, small in year profit potential if we make a sale or two . 68% of revenue on salaries...

There isn't a property play, which has been a stimulant for other investors in other clubs...There is not a significant enough growth opportunity for in our league which would make Hibs an investment for return. Therefore, it has to be a purchase of the heart. During the post sky deal years of 2002-2004, STF paid the interest on our debt personally every month. No publicity, no big news. 100k ish every month at the time. This burden was taken away when they refinanced through the land behind the East etc, but those opportunities are gone....

Unless we get a mad Hibby or a mad ego (like those over the city have) , it makes no sense for any investor...

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2011, 07:28 AM
[QUOTE=Doddie;2895116]

History is quite clear that the Titanic sank because she ignored all the warnings and refused to drop her speed or alter her course. Had she adopted a more cautious approach all those people may not have died. :dunno:

Totally disagree. As a merchant seaman for many years I can assure you it was a Jewish conspiracy that sank the titanic. :agree:

down the slope
23-08-2011, 07:35 AM

And they are in their thousands , what i don't get is why Sir Tom allows one of his companies to be so badly run , as many have said if the board were selling tyres they would have had their jotters a long time ago !. To many people on here are letting the board off the hook as to their complete mismanagement of the footballing side of things and please don't tell me now the infrastructure is there it will all turn out ok , Tom Farmer must have put up hundreds of buildings who's total must be many times the size of ER but i bet you they never sold the punters baldy tyres until the infrastructure was complete !. We have a lot to thank Sir Tom for but he seems content to let Rod and co get on with it but for how long i wonder ? the man has a long history of success and you could hardly call where we are at now anything near that.
And as for telling fans they they are better to stay away well that must be the one of the stupidest things anyone can say especially in todays economic climate , i'me sure Rod and the rest of the accountants will love you for that.

Mikey
23-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Tom Farmer must have put up hundreds of buildings who's total must be many times the size of ER but i bet you they never sold the punters baldy tyres until the infrastructure was complete !

Good analogy that :agree:

ScottB
23-08-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm really sick of reading people complain about a lack of ambition, or a need to invest or whatever the buzz word is this week.

There is no pot of gold in Scottish football, as we see from Rangers this season, there isn't even the guarantee of Champions League cash every season, and remember the Leeds United business model of 'it's fine, we will get in the Champions league every year!' and how that worked out.

The club isn't spending within its means, its spending notable beyond them as it is. Hearts have blown what, £60million plus over the last few years in their quest to be top dog and it's not exactly worked out for them has it? To beat the Old Firm every year consistently, and build a squad to be sure of getting into the Champions League, you're talking money well beyond what we could ever hope to bring in.

And you can't even dream of some crazy billionaire coming in and pouring his cash down the toilet. The new UEFA financial regulations should, in theory at least, put a stop to that. Our income is tiny compared to English clubs, and will remain so forever more.

Not to have a defeatist attitude, but in the bigger scheme of things, Hibs, like all Scottish clubs outside the Old Firm, are pretty small, in a small league with small amounts of income. Short of the creation of a British League, there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for us to strive for, and there never will be. Not that that excuses our current mess, but that isn't as simple as screaming 'SPEND MOOOOORE PETRIIIIIE!' as some seem to think. We need to get more bang for the not inconsiderable number of bucks we current do spend.

silverhibee
23-08-2011, 10:46 AM
We are more in need of an overhall of our coaching and scouting set up.

:top marks

Speedway
23-08-2011, 12:18 PM

2003 wasn't 20 years ago.

What we should do is have really good everything and have nothing that is crap. Then when we play that football on them Saturday afternoons and TVs that they have now, we should score more than the other team do.

Then, we'd like, win and we wouldn't lose.

That would be well good.

Albion Hibs
23-08-2011, 12:22 PM
And they are in their thousands , what i don't get is why Sir Tom allows one of his companies to be so badly run , as many have said if the board were selling tyres they would have had their jotters a long time ago !. To many people on here are letting the board off the hook as to their complete mismanagement of the footballing side of things and please don't tell me now the infrastructure is there it will all turn out ok , Tom Farmer must have put up hundreds of buildings who's total must be many times the size of ER but i bet you they never sold the punters baldy tyres until the infrastructure was complete !. We have a lot to thank Sir Tom for but he seems content to let Rod and co get on with it but for how long i wonder ? the man has a long history of success and you could hardly call where we are at now anything near that.
And as for telling fans they they are better to stay away well that must be the one of the stupidest things anyone can say especially in todays economic climate , i'me sure Rod and the rest of the accountants will love you for that.

Do you think Sir Tom is investing heavily in all of his businesses just now, do you really think he is spending more than he is bringing in, or do you think during this downturn he is scaling back costs and looking for better deals.

To use your example do you think he would be buying tyres like they were going out of fashion when he knows he is only getting so many customers, or do you think he will have scaled back what they purchase to reflect the business they are doing?

I am sure if the queues for tyres etc were begining to go round the block he would order more, but do you think he, or in fact any business person, would spend mulitiples more than they are making in hope that people will queue? Over and above that do you think his financial backers / banks would let him do that, or do you think they would say no...this is not a business model, only on hibs net is it deemed to be a business model!

Who said fans had better stay away?

The Falcon
23-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm really sick of reading people complain about a lack of ambition, or a need to invest or whatever the buzz word is this week.

There is no pot of gold in Scottish football, as we see from Rangers this season, there isn't even the guarantee of Champions League cash every season, and remember the Leeds United business model of 'it's fine, we will get in the Champions league every year!' and how that worked out.

The club isn't spending within its means, its spending notable beyond them as it is. Hearts have blown what, £60million plus over the last few years in their quest to be top dog and it's not exactly worked out for them has it? To beat the Old Firm every year consistently, and build a squad to be sure of getting into the Champions League, you're talking money well beyond what we could ever hope to bring in.

And you can't even dream of some crazy billionaire coming in and pouring his cash down the toilet. The new UEFA financial regulations should, in theory at least, put a stop to that. Our income is tiny compared to English clubs, and will remain so forever more.

Not to have a defeatist attitude, but in the bigger scheme of things, Hibs, like all Scottish clubs outside the Old Firm, are pretty small, in a small league with small amounts of income. Short of the creation of a British League, there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for us to strive for, and there never will be. Not that that excuses our current mess, but that isn't as simple as screaming 'SPEND MOOOOORE PETRIIIIIE!' as some seem to think. We need to get more bang for the not inconsiderable number of bucks we current do spend.

Good post. :top marks

Kaiser1962
23-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Totally disagree. As a merchant seaman for many years I can assure you it was a Jewish conspiracy that sank the titanic. :agree:

Or was it the Olympic? :greengrin

Either way would Rod Petrie have steamed on regardless of the danger?

Hibercelona
23-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Why would Hibs have trouble finding another invester if something were to happen to STF? :confused:

Hibs are a very investable club IMO.

High fan base, completed stadium, own training complex, steady balance sheet.

I reckon we're probably the most attracive club in Scotland for investment.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Well, we're in a right mess WITH HIM, now.

That's also for sure.

Stop blaming God for everything, Doddie, you'll be getting your jotters.

Kaiser1962
23-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Why would Hibs have trouble finding another invester if something were to happen to STF? :confused:

Hibs are a very investable club IMO.

High fan base, completed stadium, own training complex, steady balance sheet.

I reckon we're probably the most attracive club in Scotland for investment.

No one in their right mind would buy a football club, especially in Scotland, if they want to invest money. If they want to throw it away then thats a different matter.

smurf
23-08-2011, 05:18 PM
No one in their right mind would buy a football club, especially in Scotland, if they want to invest money. If they want to throw it away then thats a different matter.

So if Sir Tom were to sell today would he walk away with a return on his investment?

Kaiser1962
23-08-2011, 05:31 PM
So if Sir Tom were to sell today would he walk away with a return on his investment?

How much do you think the club is worth, just out of interest?

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Seems like a ridiculous thread, why would it be time for a new owner, pretty ungrateful to suggest given how much STF has done for the club. In addition what makes you think his family would not want to pick up where he left off?

No one is going to pile money into a club in this country just to appease a few stay away fans.

Look at;
Rangers, more often than not win the league, the benefit of a far bigger and more loyal support, TV money and euro money -they are in bother.

Hearts - the best example, do you want the next Vlad, running us into debt, wages not being paid, managers binned every five mins (perhaps not that different to us) HMRC notices doing the rounds in the news.

Dundee Utd - If other reports are believed to be true, the bank are nicking all the money from recent transfers, no further investment in infrastructure - stands, training centre or the team from the family running the club.

Within the last 3 or 4 weeks stories about all of the above have been in and about the media, if nothing else we should be sitting he pretty grateful for the way our club is run and the club that we have. I cant understand why you would want to enter the realms of any of the above, so far beyond me.

The start of this reason has been disappointed, no more so than the game on Saturday, but the season is still young. I think we need to be pretty grateful for the owner and the board that we have in place.

Can we have a filter that gives Albion Hibs first look at all posts, so he can say if they deserve to be available for others to read please?

The Falcon
23-08-2011, 05:45 PM

He may not lose money but I doubt the amount realised would be significant. And thats only because we have run a tight ship. Can the same be said of others? The only one I can think off who made money would be Fergus McCann. Everybody else has lost hand over fist.

WindyMiller
23-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Short answer, YES.

He 's possibly there more often than you are these days.

Turn up at the AGM in a few weeks and ask your questions.

Lucius Apuleius
23-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Or was it the Olympic? :greengrin

Either way would Rod Petrie have steamed on regardless of the danger?

You know the score:greengrin:greengrinGreenberg, Goldberg, Iceberg, they are all the bloody same:agree:

Albion Hibs
23-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Can we have a filter that gives Albion Hibs first look at all posts, so he can say if they deserve to be available for others to read please?

Either that or just remove all of your negative nonsense before it goes public.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2011, 10:13 PM

Or just put a video of you wearing yer Hibs pygamas, rod petrie mouser and Ian Murray limp. That should keep me away.

Albion Hibs
23-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Or just put a video of you wearing yer Hibs pygamas, rod petrie mouser and Ian Murray limp. That should keep me away.

Alternatively we will just out you in your hearts suit and get you barred.

tamig
23-08-2011, 10:38 PM

What a lot of pish. Have you any idea how many times the man has bailed us out since he first took over? STF didn't just save us in 1990 - he's ploughed in millions since then. The man has done nothing but good for this club.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2011, 10:43 PM
What a lot of pish. Have you any idea how many times the man has bailed us out since he first took over? STF didn't just save us in 1990 - he's ploughed in millions since then. The man has done nothing but good for this club.

And where do i disagree with that? :confused:

tamig
23-08-2011, 10:51 PM
And where do i disagree with that? :confused:

Your OP implies that all he did was save us. You then sarcastically respond with the "20 year" comment to a poster who mentioned short memories. Again implying - imo - that all of his work was done back in 1990.

I think your OP is a bit misguided. I think in the current climate we should be grateful that we have STF to underwrite the club. There is no queue of white knights lining up to buy SPL clubs.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Your OP implies that all he did was save us. You then sarcastically respond with the "20 year" comment to a poster who mentioned short memories. Again implying - imo - that all of his work was done back in 1990.

I think your OP is a bit misguided. I think in the current climate we should be grateful that we have STF to underwrite the club. There is no queue of white knights lining up to buy SPL clubs.

You got all that from my post????????? The 20 year reply was because he said (STF , saved us from ruin. Short memories.) That was 20 years ago?????? I did not imply anything, i do know he's put more in since.

My post below only asked the question, not once did i say he should go, just asked the question does anyone think there's someone out there? In fact i dont think you even read my post, as the reply has nowt much to do with what i wrote?

down the slope
24-08-2011, 06:39 AM

BH is not being negative, he , like many others on here want better for Hibs instead of settling for mediocrity which you seem to accept. It is out of order to call people yams just because they criticize the running of our club and to try and suggest they be banned from here is even worse.

Kaiser1962
24-08-2011, 06:46 AM
You, and others, keep using the word invest BH but I dont see how it is a meaningful financial investment. Anyone wanting to make money would not touch a football club in Scotland. In England its possible but, given the expenditure levels, unlikely.

I agree with previous posters that STF is looking, and has been for some time, for an outcome that secures the future of the club in the community and at the same time protects it from fly by night charlatans. How he does this remains to be seen but, as has been stated, that day is getting closer.

What happens in Yamland when Vlad "drops off the twig" will be a different proposition entirely.

You got all that from my post????????? The 20 year reply was because he said (STF , saved us from ruin. Short memories.) That was 20 years ago?????? I did not imply anything, i do know he's put more in since.

My post below only asked the question, not once did i say he should go, just asked the question does anyone think there's someone out there? In fact i dont think you even read my post, as the reply has nowt much to do with what i wrote?

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 08:32 AM
BH is not being negative, he , like many others on here want better for Hibs instead of settling for mediocrity which you seem to accept. It is out of order to call people yams just because they criticize the running of our club and to try and suggest they be banned from here is even worse.

Spot on, this seems to think he's an admin?

If he was a footballer, he'd be one of those foreigners who after having the slightest touch, would go down rolling around as if shot.

Only his right arm would be fine, as he would be waving an imaginary card towards the referee trying to get someone booked.

As i said earlier, how anyone can take negativity from this post i have no idea?

Phil MaGlass
24-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Do you think Sir Tom is investing heavily in all of his businesses just now, do you really think he is spending more than he is bringing in, or do you think during this downturn he is scaling back costs and looking for better deals.

To use your example do you think he would be buying tyres like they were going out of fashion when he knows he is only getting so many customers, or do you think he will have scaled back what they purchase to reflect the business they are doing?

I am sure if the queues for tyres etc were begining to go round the block he would order more, but do you think he, or in fact any business person, would spend mulitiples more than they are making in hope that people will queue? Over and above that do you think his financial backers / banks would let him do that, or do you think they would say no...this is not a business model, only on hibs net is it deemed to be a business model!

Who said fans had better stay away?

Problem is we have lost around 3 thousand fans already and the seasons only started, but Im no math genius I would think that would be in the region of 750k? maybe what folk have had enough of is not spending to get decent players in, always looking for the cheap option and relying on the fans to turn up what ever is served up. Dont you think it would have been better to have spent 1 million on decent players than losing 3000 fans and 750k?
Petrie has to move over but not necessary leave the club and we seriously need to invest in players, give the fans who have turned their backs on the club something to come back for, because the way things are going just now there will be even less season tickets and fans coming through the turnstiles next season, the team needs to also start picking up points and fast.
as for a new owner, mibbe if he STF was more hands on I would accept it, but if all he is doing is sitting waiting for an interested party then he should sell up or atleast become part owner so he could still keep his hand in?

Albion Hibs
24-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Problem is we have lost around 3 thousand fans already and the seasons only started, but Im no math genius I would think that would be in the region of 750k? maybe what folk have had enough of is not spending to get decent players in, always looking for the cheap option and relying on the fans to turn up what ever is served up. Dont you think it would have been better to have spent 1 million on decent players than losing 3000 fans and 750k?
Petrie has to move over but not necessary leave the club and we seriously need to invest in players, give the fans who have turned their backs on the club something to come back for, because the way things are going just now there will be even less season tickets and fans coming through the turnstiles next season, the team needs to also start picking up points and fast.
as for a new owner, mibbe if he STF was more hands on I would accept it, but if all he is doing is sitting waiting for an interested party then he should sell up or atleast become part owner so he could still keep his hand in?

No. If your maths is right, and I am not saying that is not you are spending £1m to get back 3,000 fans that will make you £750k i.e. a loss of 250k / 25%.

I think at times we need to get real Hibs are not a bank, they will have to provide a business plan to a lender like almost all other businesses, if is shows falling numbers/turnover then no bank in the world at this time is going to keep lending them as much money as they may want to invest in players.

Further to that I am sure if we spent £1m, and none of us really know what that gets in footballing terms, there would be a call for a spend of £2m and so on and so on.

Our current owner and board are operating within our means, the means we as fans provide them with part of, if we gave them more they would have more, but I dont want on overspend/creating of debt we cant work with or a Vlad.....albeit I do enjoy his press conferences / media statements!!

--------
24-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Four questions, bh - my views as follows:

Of course he saved the club from extinction when he bought us out - and insisted that the football club be divorced from the nonsense 'business interests' Duff'nGray had saddled us with. I think he could take us farther, but I'm not sure he has sufficient interest to do so.

Very good point - why should he? But if he won't where does the additional investment come from - investment that seems to me to be now needed to carry us past the point we've now reached?

A buyer/buyers? Good question - right now, unlikely. In the future, would an offer from a prospective new buyer even be entertained?

This is the cardinal issue - what happens when our present owner drops off the twig - as he surely will? (As we all surely will some day....)

My acute dissatisfaction with the situation as it stands rests on the fact that for the past five years we've been in a state of chronic flux - Collins, Craig, Paatelainen, Hughes, and Calderwood, with this close season's "will he, won't he' will he won't he, will he, won't he" saga just about the straw that breaks the camel's back. How many players have we signed in this period under those managers? 40? 50? More?

And how many were of any use? How many did we get the best from?

(I include Craig because he was certainly entirely responsible for the Glorious Advent of Billy Whiz O'Brien, the World's Fastest Duffer on the ER pitch, for which I hope one day to have the opportunity of meeting Mr Craig and shaking him warmly by the throat...)

Personnel turnover at ER has been running at a ridiculous rate. This is down to the board, but ultimately to the owner's toleration of the board's recruitment policy - if the board actually have one, that is.

In all this, the owner has been remarkably inconspicuous - Brer Rabbit himself couldn't have done a better job of laying low and saying nuffin.

If RP is the owner's proxy - Sejanus to STF's Tiberius? - then perhaps the owner needs to think about THAT...

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 04:02 PM

Of course he saved the club from extinction when he bought us out - and insisted that the football club be divorced from the nonsense 'business interests' Duff'nGray had saddled us with. I think he could take us farther, but I'm not sure he has sufficient interest to do so.

Very good point - why should he? But if he won't where does the additional investment come from - investment that seems to me to be now needed to carry us past the point we've now reached?

A buyer/buyers? Good question - right now, unlikely. In the future, would an offer from a prospective new buyer even be entertained?

This is the cardinal issue - what happens when our present owner drops off the twig - as he surely will? (As we all surely will some day....)

My acute dissatisfaction with the situation as it stands rests on the fact that for the past five years we've been in a state of chronic flux - Collins, Craig, Paatelainen, Hughes, and Calderwood, with this close season's "will he, won't he' will he won't he, will he, won't he" saga just about the straw that breaks the camel's back. How many players have we signed in this period under those managers? 40? 50? More?

(I include Craig because he was certainly entirely responsible for the Glorious Advent of Billy Whiz O'Brien, the World's Fastest Duffer on the ER pitch, for which I hope one day to have the opportunity of meeting Mr Craig and shaking him warmly by the throat...)

Personnel turnover at ER has been running at a ridiculous rate. This is down to the board, but ultimately to the owner's toleration of the board's recruitment policy - if the board actually have one, that is.

In all this, the owner has been remarkably inconspicuous - Brer Rabbit himself couldn't have done a better job of laying low and saying nuffin.

If RP is the owner's proxy - Sejanus to STF's Tiberius? - then perhaps the owner needs to think about THAT...

Not sure if i am qualified enough to answer these questions Doddie, i think i will wait and see what Albion has to say about them, my hunch is they are ridiculous questions, and you should not be asking them. You have to remember STF saved the club, that apparently means we are not allowed to ask questions regarding whats next in terms of ownership of Hibs.

Albion Hibs
24-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Not sure if i am qualified enough to answer these questions Doddie, i think i will wait and see what Albion has to say about them, my hunch is they are ridiculous questions, and you should not be asking them. You have to remember STF saved the club, that apparently means we are not allowed to ask questions regarding whats next in terms of ownership of Hibs.

Your not.

STF has done more for Hibs than you, I, or anyone of us. The title of your thread is suggestive, regardless of whether or not it is followed by a question mark. You then role onto a series of on-the-fence statements design to insight the type of arguement that thread produced, alas go what you want. Unless of course you just wanted a list of people who could maybe buy the club.

As with a lot of your posts they contain little to no opinion, but rather look to start a debate so you can, in a simple and unwhitty way have a go at other peoples opinions.

With regards the last bit i dont see a for sale sign outside the stadium, so why would there be anything next?

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Your not.

And you are??????

STF has done more for Hibs than you, I, or anyone of us. The title of your thread is suggestive, regardless of whether or not it is followed by a question mark. You then role onto a series of on-the-fence statements design to insight the type of arguement that thread produced, alas go what you want. Unless of course you just wanted a list of people who could maybe buy the club.

More crap, of course he has done more than i have done for the club, he saved us from ruin. And again more crap, i asked if anyone thought there was someone out there who might be interested in the club, you might not know this but i dont live in Edinburgh? As for trying to design an argument, go dress up in yer gimp suit ya numpty.:asshole:

As i said before, perhaps you should vet every post before it gets on here, thats would make you happy.

As with a lot of your posts they contain little to no opinion, but rather look to start a debate so you can, in a simple and unwhitty way have a go at other peoples opinions.

Again absolute crap, like my opinion on Ian Murray, or how bad we have been, or playing players out of position. Yes no substance, apart from being the polar opposite of your opinion :asshole:

With regards the last bit i dont see a for sale sign outside the stadium, so why would there be anything next?

There might not be anything next, who knows? One thing is sure though, STF wont live for ever, will Hibs die when he does, or will we get a new owner?

Arch Stanton
24-08-2011, 05:49 PM
There might not be anything next, who knows? One thing is sure though, STF wont live for ever, will Hibs die when he does, or will we get a new owner?

Do you really not know?

Let's put it this way - when you die will the house you are living in be -
A) Demolished, or,
B) Sold to someone else?

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Do you really not know?

Let's put it this way - when you die will the house you are living in be -
A) Demolished, or,
B) Sold to someone else?

Of course i know roughly what will happen, but according to the imaginary card waver we are not allowed to discuss it while STF is still alive. Can i ask why this is the case?

Kaiser1962
24-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Good and interesting post Doddie but Sejanus?

Arch Stanton
24-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Of course i know roughly what will happen, but according to the imaginary card waver we are not allowed to discuss it while STF is still alive. Can i ask why this is the case?

I wouldn't tell you what is in my will and I don't see anything wrong in STF keeping personal matters to himself. Suffice it to say his estate will be divided out according to his wishes and your ambition to have different owners will finally be realised - I wouldn't advise too much celebration on your part though - STF being departed and all!

down the slope
24-08-2011, 06:13 PM
What i find strange is that Sir Tom has been successful with all of his business ventures but he seems to care very little if Hibs are successful other than the club not making huge losses year on year. I don't think we can complain about that but sometimes i wish he would take a more active role in what goes on at the club, maybe we should let him pick the next manager ?.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't tell you what is in my will and I don't see anything wrong in STF keeping personal matters to himself. Suffice it to say his estate will be divided out according to his wishes and your ambition to have different owners will finally be realised - I wouldn't advise too much celebration on your part though - STF being departed and all!

WTF you on about, my wish for new owners???????????

Arch Stanton
24-08-2011, 06:30 PM
WTF you on about, my wish for new owners???????????

Sorry, my bad.

I just assumed that someone who raised the issue of succession would be of the opinion that succession was an issue - if I'd realised it was just idle chit chat I would have kept my wheesht.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Sorry, my bad.

I just assumed that someone who raised the issue of succession would be of the opinion that succession was an issue - if I'd realised it was just idle chit chat I would have kept my wheesht.

Another who wants to vet whether posts are good enough for folk to read before they are ready for everyone to see. :rolleyes:

Idle chit chat. :confused: It was a question that quite a few had given sensible answers too, if i was you, i would have kept my wheesht.

Woody1985
24-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I've just finished reading the thread and the arguement has taken place because of the implied title which seems to contradict the op.

I agree that bh seems to be getting at something without actually saying he wants a new owner but maybe is was just a pish op.:greengrin

AnyHooo....

I think the club and board have taken us as far as they want to/can if we want to try and remain self sufficient.

Unfortunately self sufficient means a downward spiral for the club because less fans are going to games and imo will continue.

I think that future generations are being lost due to finance or lack of interest in spl teams that never win anything which means the hardcore support will continue to dwindle as years go by.

Who wants to put their money into that? Local business men as part of a consortium who'll ultimately balls it up or some idiot like vlad or stefano at dundee with other motives.

Stf is the best we can hope for just now. After that, who knows.

Woody1985
24-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Oh, and I should have said. I think all under 12's or so should get in for nout as that could potentially increase the hardcore support in years to come.

Albion Hibs
24-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Another who wants to vet whether posts are good enough for folk to read before they are ready for everyone to see. :rolleyes:

Idle chit chat. :confused: It was a question that quite a few had given sensible answers too, if i was you, i would have kept my wheesht.

It seems like a few had made the same mistake with the thread title V's your statement - seems like I may not be talking crap after all.

In any event you got a chance to have a pop at Ian Murray on a thread about club ownership which I pretty impressive, but none the less expected, I would not be surprised if you had a go at CC and the board etc in your earlier ones!

BoltonHibee
24-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I've had a look at the title and then a look at the original post.

I can't really see what is wrong with either and seems like a fair question to me without any sort of hidden agenda.

Why is it a lot of threads on this site now descend into a slagging match, often going way off topic?

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2011, 07:41 PM
It seems like a few had made the same mistake with the thread title V's your statement - seems like I may not be talking crap after all.

In any event you got a chance to have a pop at Ian Murray on a thread about club ownership which I pretty impressive, but none the less expected, I would not be surprised if you had a go at CC and the board etc in your earlier ones!

That says it all, and oh yes you are talking crap. You invented it. Maybe i should not have said that, please dont ask for me to be barred, i'm so sorry. :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
24-08-2011, 07:57 PM
That says it all, and oh yes you are talking crap. You invented it. Maybe i should not have said that, please dont ask for me to be barred, i'm so sorry. :rolleyes:

:faf: Do you have a 10 year old making up this evenings come backs!

Away and play chicken with the Big Dipper:bye:

down the slope
24-08-2011, 08:18 PM
:faf: Do you have a 10 year old making up this evenings come backs!

Away and play chicken with the Big Dipper:bye:

You respond like a yam !,