PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood Going Nowhere?

YehButNoBut
22-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Does not look like CC is going anywhere in the short term when you read the comments below from the Scotsman. He has a long way to go (judging by the last 2 games) to achieve the part in bold, but if he is staying do you think he will ever achieve building a team that delivers an exciting brand of winning footballl and that brings the fans back to Easter Road?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Much has been written and much has been spoken about my role as Hibernian manager. But my response is why would I want to leave a club where everything is being done in the proper way? Why would I want to leave a financially stable, well-structured club where I have full control of first-team football decisions?

"I want to build a team that inspires the Hibernian supporters, that delivers an exciting brand of winning footballl and that brings the fans back to Easter Road. "I want to deliver the one end product everyone associated with Hibernian desires - a successful team challenging at the top end of Scottish football."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Calderwood-Why-would-I-leave.6822977.jp

DaveF
22-08-2011, 11:49 AM
"I want to build a team that inspires the Hibernian supporters, that delivers an exciting brand of winning footballl and that brings the fans back to Easter Road

Good luck with that one Colin, as you are a billion miles away from acheiving it.

3pm
22-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I am paraphrasing here when I recall him saying 'I have to accept there will be doubters in the short term but no the long term'. How long is 'short term'?!? :confused:

Who has the exact quote?!

Stevie Reid
22-08-2011, 11:52 AM
His ambition is no different from every manager we've had since Mowbray, but he is further away than any of them in terms of trying to achieve it.

hibeeleicester
22-08-2011, 11:53 AM
And i bloody hope he is going nowhere aswell!

H18sry
22-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Does not look like CC is going anywhere in the short term when you read the comments below from the Scotsman. He has a long way to go (judging by the last 2 games) to achieve the part in bold, but if he is staying do you think he will ever achieve building a team that delivers an exciting brand of winning footballl and that brings the fans back to Easter Road?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Much has been written and much has been spoken about my role as Hibernian manager. But my response is why would I want to leave a club where everything is being done in the proper way? Why would I want to leave a financially stable, well-structured club where I have full control of first-team football decisions?

"I want to build a team that inspires the Hibernian supporters, that delivers an exciting brand of winning footballl and that brings the fans back to Easter Road. "I want to deliver the one end product everyone associated with Hibernian desires - a successful team challenging at the top end of Scottish football."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Calderwood-Why-would-I-leave.6822977.jp

A dig at our neebours? :greengrin

matty_f
22-08-2011, 11:58 AM
I am paraphrasing here when I recall him saying 'I have to accept there will be doubters in the short term but no the long term'. How long is 'short term'?!? :confused:

That was more or less his quote, but I find myself doing it the other way around. I didn't doubt him at first, whereas I have more and more doubts now.

Hopefully the long term is yet to arrive.

Cropley10
22-08-2011, 12:19 PM
That was more or less his quote, but I find myself doing it the other way around. I didn't doubt him at first, whereas I have more and more doubts now.

Hopefully the long term is yet to arrive.

That's you and Mikey who have either had someone else access your PC, or you've seen a different side:wink:

FWIW - I think that that was a sly dig at our neighbours, which is petty and irrelevant, in so much as our 'financial stability' and him having 'full control' end up being meaningless if we can't beat teams in the bottom 6 at home (or indeed bottom 6 teams away from home).

Right now the only thing going nowhere is the level of performance from his team.

Jim44
22-08-2011, 12:30 PM

Fine sentiments indeed, Colin. But why the hell did you not express them a couple of months ago when the supporters and players needed to know that you were unequivocally committed to the club. I for one might have had a bit more patience and sympathy for your position. As it is, I have no faith or trust in you and would be happy to see the back of you ASAP.

Dashing Bob S
22-08-2011, 12:34 PM

To be fair to him, he was pretty much on the nail.

There are no doubters left.

Everybody knows that he's pretty awful.

sahib
22-08-2011, 12:34 PM

Fine sentiments indeed, Colin. But why the hell did you not express them a couple of months ago when the supporters and players needed to know that you were unequivocally committed to the club. I for one might have had a bit more patience and sympathy for your position. As it is, I have no faith or trust in you and would be happy to see the back of you ASAP.

You have got to admire the man. There is more than a passing resemblence between him and the Capstan of the Titanic, stoically prepared to go down with the ship.

aberhibsfc
22-08-2011, 01:01 PM
You have got to admire the man. There is more than a passing resemblence between him and the Capatain of the Titanic, stoically prepared to go down with the ship.

I didn't know the Titanic was German?

Stevie Reid
22-08-2011, 01:02 PM

:agree:

I didn't have too much of a problem with his fairly non commital comments during the summer, but I must admit that finally coming out and saying how much he wants to stay at this stage, looks pretty desperate.

Hibercelona
22-08-2011, 01:10 PM
We're going to get nowhere in any amount of time with CC.

When Hibs get the correct man in for the job, he'll at least have us playing football at its most basic level within a couple of weeks of his arrival.

CC's had plenty of time to get us playing at a very basic level and hasn't achieved this.

You must get on the ladder first before you can climb it and CC hasn't.

Cropley10
22-08-2011, 02:09 PM
When Hibs get the correct man in for the job, he'll at least have us playing football at its most basic level within a couple of weeks of his arrival.

CC's had plenty of time to get us playing at a very basic level and hasn't achieved this.

Very good post.

I remember Deano's hat-trick v ICT in Mixu's first game. Ditto with Collin's - 81% possession at home to the Yams. Murdered Motherwell away before that. Sure we had better players but the reaction in both cases was immediate. We're all still waiting for the team to look like they're on the first rung under CC.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Calderwood going nowhere, yip i'd agree with that 100%.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Good comments from the Manager but I would have been a lot more happy if he had said them a few weeks ago in the middle of the will-he-won't he saga, that did no one any favours. Rather than why would he want to leave, maybe the question is why does he want to stay? Because the open doors at Nottingham and Birmingham are now closed? I still back him, if for no other reason than we need to get out of the cycle of managers leaving in quick succession. Waiting for the end product is one thing and so is looking long term, but when is the short term done?

Andy74
22-08-2011, 03:21 PM
He's right to be so dismissive and to insist he's under no pressure.

Petrie's ridiculous statement might have been a bargaining tool in one type of negotiation but it's given Calderwood a free pass unless Rod wants to really embarrass himself.

R'Albin
22-08-2011, 03:22 PM

Petrie's ridiculous statement might have been a bargaining tool in one type of negotiation but it's given Calderwood a free pass unless Rod wants to really embarrass himself.

:agree:

GreenPJ
22-08-2011, 03:40 PM

If you don't know that Rod is his own man by now then you never will. Rod will act if and when he sees fit but in addition the hiring and any subsequent firing would be Scott Lindsay's resposibility now presumably.

delbert
22-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Calderwood's going nowhere - and unfortunately he has decided to take our team along with him, God help us all !!

--------
22-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Calderwood Going Nowhere?
He's not the only one. The team's going nowhere as well.

I have rarely been so totally peeved about my football club and the people who own it and run it. :grr:

hibeemarley
22-08-2011, 06:03 PM
We're going to get nowhere in any amount of time with CC.

CALDERWOOD'S HIBS RECORD

PLAYED 36
WON 9
DRAWN 6
LOST 21

That's a full season almost and I see no sign of improvement. Should have sold him on while other clubs wanted him and gave someone else a crack.

Sumner
22-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Heard he isn't off to a concert to hear songs about a bloke called Strickland Banks

... he's never heard of a Plan B :grr:

Arch Stanton
22-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Calderwood going nowhere, yip i'd agree with that 100%.

Can I just mention that while I was very against Yogi from early on I can't have posted much more than 24 negative posts about him in total - you must reach that number of anti-CC posts every other day.

Yet you complain that we didn't give Yogi a chance?

I reckon that if you stopped posting on here for a couple of years the balance will be restored - so, any chance of that?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Calderwood's going nowhere then?

Excellent, at least now that's settled we can start to get behind the team and support him in achieving his aspirations for Hibs, i.e a team that inspires the fans and has us challenging at the top of the table.

Who's in?

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Can I just mention that while I was very against Yogi from early on I can't have posted much more than 24 negative posts about him in total - you must reach that number of anti-CC posts every other day.

Yet you complain that we didn't give Yogi a chance?

I reckon that if you stopped posting on here for a couple of years the balance will be restored - so, any chance of that?

Yes of course I will.