PDA

View Full Version : Youngsters

franck sauzee
22-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Everyone has been crying out for youth to be given a chance, now they've had a couple of bad games everyone is on their backs, its an absolute disgrace, they will make mistakes, they're still learning. We need to get behind them, not slate them and knock their confidence. Fans need to realise we've had a difficult start and that our team is far from fully fit. I'm certain killie and st mirren will be top 6 teams this year. Come on everyone get behind the team, I think we will come good when our key players are fit and we can actually play 2 up front. Think the uncertainty over CC has caused a lot of the unrest amongst our support but he's still here, time to back the team guys!

lucky
22-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I think part of the problem is that killie and St mrren do finish in the top 6 and we dont then Hibs will have failed again. Both these team have a lot less to spend on players yet look a lot better than us. The fans are restless and the club looks like it is free fall. As such all players will get a hard time from the support.

Cropley10
22-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Not sure you're right.

Booth's - everyone recognises his talent, not his fault he found himself at RB trying to cover before their first.

Wotherspoon - started brightly and is going backwards. Dead balls on Saturday were pathetic. Needs to improve everything he's doing - the shot to near post in the 2nd half rather than across the goal, where there were two waiting was U11 football basics.

Palsson - a legend in his own living room. Speedway summed up his performance perfectly. Needs to play better, simple as.

Stephens - did his best on Saturday

Hanlon - ditto

All any of us want to see from these guys is effort and desire. Plus doing the basics right. Everything else is a bonus.

TRIALIST
22-08-2011, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=Cropley10;2894801]Not sure you're right.

Booth's - everyone recognises his talent, not his fault he found himself at RB trying to cover before their first.

Wotherspoon - started brightly and is going backwards. Dead balls on Saturday were pathetic. Needs to improve everything he's doing - the shot to near post in the 2nd half rather than across the goal, where there were two waiting was U11 football basics.

Palsson - a legend in his own living room. Speedway summed up his performance perfectly. Needs to play better, simple as.

Hanlon - ditto

These players that you have mentioned are all being crucified at the moment because of the teams continued bad form, that in my view is down to bad management. Small squad ?, no big squad full of guys with 'L' plates.

The management have gambled with Michael Hart and lost, however when it was obvious they were not getting Towell we should have had other back up options and getting it done before the season started. Instead they have weakened the team by moving established players out of three other positions.

Wotherspoon should have been rested by Yogi 12 months ago and CC has not recognised that he has lost confidence and could be ruined. What is his best position ?

Stephens and Hanlon are badly needing experienced players along side them to take the strain.

Pallson needs a pep talk, he does not look interested, wheres the all action tough tackling guy we signed last christmas.

Booth should be played as a left midfielder or winger, hes got a great engine more skill than Stevenson and more strength than the ineffective lightweight Galbraith.

These guys will be ruined unless they get some support from the management and board.

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2011, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Cropley10;2894801]Not sure you're right.

Hanlon - ditto

These players that you have mentioned are all being crucified at the moment because of the teams continued bad form, that in my view is down to bad management. Small squad ?, no big squad full of guys with 'L' plates.

The management have gambled with Michael Hart and lost, however when it was obvious they were not getting Towell we should have had other back up options and getting it done before the season started. Instead they have weakened the team by moving established players out of three other positions.

Wotherspoon should have been rested by Yogi 12 months ago and CC has not recognised that he has lost confidence and could be ruined. What is his best position ?

Stephens and Hanlon are badly needing experienced players along side them to take the strain.

Pallson needs a pep talk, he does not look interested, wheres the all action tough tackling guy we signed last christmas.

Booth should be played as a left midfielder or winger, hes got a great engine more skill than Stevenson and more strength than the ineffective lightweight Galbraith.

These guys will be ruined unless they get some support from the management and board.

When was this? I keep hearing this yet the truth is it never happened, Pallson arrived from Liverpool reserves as an untried player. He showed a bit of passion in his first few games and people decided he was going to boss the SPL FFS! He's far far from the finished article and expectations of him from day one have been totally unrealistic IMO.

Bayern Bru
22-08-2011, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=TRIALIST;2894977]

When was this? I keep hearing this yet the truth is it never happened, Pallson arrived from Liverpool reserves as an untried player. He showed a bit of passion in his first few games and people decided he was going to boss the SPL FFS! He's far far from the finished article and expectations of him from day one have been totally unrealistic IMO.

He was streets ahead of the p*sh that had been in midfield that he probably looked that way at first. Mind you, sticking him at right back when he is most definitely better in midfield hasn't helped...

Albion Hibs
22-08-2011, 04:49 PM
When have these guys been getting a hard time? And more to the point since when did players not get a hard time because they are young-ish?

Non of them are 17/18 year olds, the likes of wotherspoon needs to step up, I am not convinced yogi not resting him two seasons ago can have had any effect on him now, it certainly did not badly affect youngsters of previous teams.

Booth seems to get away with a lot so I would say he has plenty of support, his mistake on Saturday was sunday league stuff, but it was what it was - a mistake, he can move on from that I am sure.

Stephens has had plenty of praise since the start of the season, his flaws are pretty obvious to see but I am sure with time he will address those.

Hanlon - it is a bit of a stretch to be calling him a youngster.

Palsson, appears to be to be better at right back than he is in midfield by some distance. I remember a couple of challanges tops, other than that nothing to talk of, albeit I do remember Goodwin being his boss for an afternoon. At his ages given the chance he is getting he should be making that position his own. A couple of months ago plenty of folk on here were touting him for that position as apparently he played there for Iceland and with previous clubs.