PDA

View Full Version : The derby.

mickki40
22-08-2011, 08:10 AM
We all can pick up on negatives about recent performances. But This coming Sunday the gloves are off. All bets are off. A derby, as you all know ensures all form goes out of the window. Hibs12thMan are asking all Hibees to Wear as much green n white for the derby game at Tynie. Every Hibs fan will be given a Balloon in either Green or White before you enter the stadium. Hibs12thMan has purchased 3500 of them. We are asking you to blow up your balloon and get it in the air for when the teams come out. Let's make some noise and get right behind the team for this game. Even I have a few negatives to say about this current team, however, I will be leaving all that at the turnstiles on Sunday. This is the game we all hate to lose. Let's all play our part and get right behind the team. Watch out for final posts about the Corteo that will depart from the Murrayfield hotel. This, we hope, will become a regular fixture. It was the idea of young hibbies. They deserve your support. See you all at the game folks. G.G.T.T.H.

hibsbollah
22-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Im definitely going to be hoarse on Monday morning (well someone has to tell wotherspoon how shi'iite he is).

In all seriousness, good post and well done the 12th man.

lyonhibs
22-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Where does this 'all form goes out the window' guff come from?
With the exception of the Casper the Ghost derby for us, and the post-CIS cup win debacle against us, most recent derbies have gone how id hav expected, taking into account league form and derby history.

frazeHFC
22-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I can't tie balloons :rolleyes: Will politely ask someone to do it for me. :greengrin

But great idea and hope we are outsinging them for 90 minutes. :flag:

hibsbollah
22-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I can't tie balloons :rolleyes: Will politely ask someone to do it for me. :greengrin me neither. And i hate those bits at the end of the balloon that look like an 'outie' belly-button.

mickki40
22-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I can't tie balloons :rolleyes: Will politely ask someone to do it for me. :greengrin

But great idea and hope we are outsinging them for 90 minutes. :flag:

you don't have to tie a baoon. Just blow it up and hold the end and wave it. That way you also get a free balloon to play with at home. Endless fun.

Sean1875
22-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Judging by the recent derbies ill probably have more fun playing with the balloon than watching the game :greengrin

mentalhibee
22-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Good idea, seen this done at a Sparta Prague game and it looked quality. How are you going to give everyone a balloon though?

patlowe
22-08-2011, 10:04 AM
I can't make it on Sunday as I'm down at Leeds but I've always gone to Tynie to have a good day, support the team and let the game take care of itself. I never expect hibs to get a good result but when we do it's a bonus. And BTW, I can think of lots of examples when the form book "goes out the window" in relation to derbies. 2-2 the year we got relegated, 2-1 to hearts when hibs were flying under TM, post-CIS final, the Millennium Derby, 2-1 to hibs (Harper volley after losing 7-0 to rangers), the "unbeatable" derby. I could go on and on. Derbies are impossible to predict.

mickki40
22-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Good idea, seen this done at a Sparta Prague game and it looked quality. How are you going to give everyone a balloon though?

with volunteers outside the stadium handing to hibees as they walk up

carnoustiehibee
22-08-2011, 01:21 PM
with volunteers outside the stadium handing to hibees as they walk up

Great idea Mick, can I get a green poodle shaped balloon please. See you in the hotel for a beer.

SneakersO'Toole
22-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Well done to the organisers for this. I personally think its a great idea.

Just hope we can fill our end...

FastEddieFelson
22-08-2011, 02:00 PM
cue us conceding a goal just like darren bent vs liverpool a few seasons ago.

joking - i think it's a great idea.

mickki40
22-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Great idea Mick, can I get a green poodle shaped balloon please. See you in the hotel for a beer.

I shall do you a shaped balloon. It usually ends up looking like my lower intestines, even though at the outset it should have been a giraffe.

SteveHFC
22-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Judging by the recent derbies ill probably have more fun playing with the balloon than watching the game :greengrin

:greengrin

Springbank
22-08-2011, 05:29 PM

Well done the 12th man, good stuff - let's get the Bounce going and cheer on (and cheer up) the team!

PS good point re darren bent…if i was Hibs skipper I'd make Hearts defend the Hibs end in the first half and get Garry O to hit pot shots from everywhere. Mon the Hibeeeees

seanraff07
22-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Yep good post Mick, don't forget about the Corteo guys!

It kicks off at Murrayfield Hotel and anyone between there and Tynie can join in no problem, so get your backsides along to the Murrayfield Hotel or Roseburn Bar beforehand, we're leaving at 2.30.

Bring on the ****s :thumbsup:

Fantic
22-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Shouldn't need all this crap for a derby, everyone should be going mental without 'balloons'

Also, this procession or whatever it is should be going straight down the middle of Gorgie road or no-one will even notice.

In my opinion likes.

RIP
22-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I remember one poster last week referring to many of the Singing Section as "Witless Dafties" I admit most are dafties but witless?

Never!!

:faf::top marks

Class!!

I have a family committment on Sunday but to all that are there - for every goal they score - sing louder. Lets show these ****s ......

WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM100% !!:flag:

KWJ
22-08-2011, 08:35 PM
I'll be there and bringing along 2 brand spanking new Hibees with me. Let's hope to get them hooked.

GGTTH :flag::cgwa

Sean1875
22-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Shouldn't need all this crap for a derby, everyone should be going mental without 'balloons'

Also, this procession or whatever it is should be going straight down the middle of Gorgie road or no-one will even notice.

In my opinion likes.
"All this crap" is to help add to the atmosphere on the day, and judging by the way ER has been recently (not having a go at anyone here, especially the 12th man who I think are excellent) we could use all the help we can get.

And in terms of the Corteo were not doing it for attention or to get noticed were doing it to get all the Hibees in full voice before the game has even started which can only be a good thing getting hundreds of Hibees in a singing mood before even getting into the ground :flag:

mickki40
23-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Yep good post Mick, don't forget about the Corteo guys!

It kicks off at Murrayfield Hotel and anyone between there and Tynie can join in no problem, so get your backsides along to the Murrayfield Hotel or Roseburn Bar beforehand, we're leaving at 2.30.

Bring on the ****s :thumbsup:

Get a post up on all forums Raffo to remind folks etc.

lyonhibs
23-08-2011, 08:05 AM

It's a valid point though. What are we to do with 3500 inflated balloons, as folk aren't going to keep a hold of them for 90 minutes. Burst them every time a Hearts player lines up to shoot at that end?

A good idea, but I can see a couple of logistical issues once the match kicks off. We can't really have 3500 (or even 1000) balloons floating onto the field of play.

Still, I'll blow mine up and it'll look pretty good just before kick-off.

bigwheel
23-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Ignore any negativity guys - good on you for trying to bring some fun and atmosphere back to Hibs games - go for it! It will be a great reception for the team!

Thegreenside
23-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Good effort 12th man guys:aok: Taking my wee bro to his first game at tynie and sounds like its going to be a cracking atmosphere :top marks

Thomson1875
23-08-2011, 10:37 AM
people mentioning what to do with the balloon, Just chuck it in the air hit it up. hopefully that day the wind is blowing into there ends, can you imagine there ends being filled of green and white balloons :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
23-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I remember one poster last week referring to many of the Singing Section as "Witless Dafties" I admit most are dafties but witless?

Never!!

:faf::top marks

Class!!

I have a family committment on Sunday but to all that are there - for every goal they score - sing louder. Lets show these ****s ......

WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM100% !!:flag:

Aimed at me I presume :greengrin

And I stand by with what I said. There are alot of witless dafties, 'Toon Army', 'Flower of Scotland', 'We arra people', just some of the songs sung at the Sunderland and Sellick match, aswell as the 'OOOOO oooo OOOOO' thingy against Celtic, hardly wit in my eyes. :wink:

Not a dig, just saying! Balloons sound good. Bring on the Hertz :hyper::party:

seanraff07
23-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Get a post up on all forums Raffo to remind folks etc. I done it on here and The Bounce last night, want me to post on 12th Man FB page as well?

hibiedude
23-08-2011, 01:34 PM

:faf::faf:

Bighibby
23-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Well done the 12th Man for staying positive and supporting the team. Nothing the Yams like more than seeing us turn on our own team. So for that reason alone we should remain positive. Undoubtedly it is going to be a season of mixed fortunes at best, but that, as we know, is life as a Hibby.

Bayern Bru
23-08-2011, 02:35 PM
*generic reference to the starting 11 also being balloons in green and white*

:greengrin
Joking aside though, I'm well looking forward to it now.

A little.

frazeHFC
23-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Please don't burst your balloons as i absolutely crap myself. :greengrin

Looking forward to it and lets hope that they do blow into their stands. Outsing them the whole game, come on Hibees. :flag:

RIP
23-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Aimed at me I presume :greengrin

And I stand by with what I said. There are alot of witless dafties, 'Toon Army', 'Flower of Scotland', 'We arra people', just some of the songs sung at the Sunderland and Sellick match, aswell as the 'OOOOO oooo OOOOO' thingy against Celtic, hardly wit in my eyes. :wink:

Not a dig, just saying! Balloons sound good. Bring on the Hertz :hyper::party:

:greengrin Nae offence taken mate.

I use the Singing Section as cover for my behaviour disorder - as do many. I suffer from ADHD so random shouts every noo and again go unnoticed in Section 43 where they would invite ridicule elsewhere. My dear brother who stands behind me near the Aisle to Section 42 has what I call 'Coaches Tourettes" where he gives advice from the sidelines in a very loud voice and drives everyone around him roond the bloody bend. As for Mickki and his dancin.............you get the picture I'm sure

Radge, dafty, looney, mental - all qualifications for being in the Singing Section. My son says that Section43 sounds like a hospital ward - hee hee - no too far off the mark :flag:

mickki40
24-08-2011, 02:39 AM
I done it on here and The Bounce last night, want me to post on 12th Man FB page as well?

Yes please Big Nads

joe breezy
24-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Balloons are a daft idea and have caused quite a few problems in the past, they've even cost teams goals, wouldn't it be great if Hibs cos of a stupid balloon getting in the way. Donate them to charity or get your money back otherwise you could ruin the game (which on second thoughts could be worth doing if we're getting beat)

wearethehibs
24-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Can't believe all the negative comments. I can only think of once where balloons cost a team a goal and that was a sheff utd v man city game and I'm pretty sure the balloons were tied together causing the ball to get caught in it? The bent goal was a 'beach ball incident'If you really don't want to throw your balloon just blow it up without tying it and let it go, will look good and make a nice we noise :)

Part/Time Supporter
24-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Balloons are a daft idea and have caused quite a few problems in the past, they've even cost teams goals, wouldn't it be great if Hibs cos of a stupid balloon getting in the way. Donate them to charity or get your money back otherwise you could ruin the game (which on second thoughts could be worth doing if we're getting beat)

Let them off in the second half when the Yams are defending the Roseburn end.

:wink:

mickki40
24-08-2011, 09:00 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I bet Christmas in your house is a hoot...lol

Rory89
24-08-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9whehyybLqU

We all know what being a Hibby is about, it's almost enevitable that John Sutton will scuff a 93rd minute attempted winner five yards wide and it will bounce in to the to the other corner.

Here's another idea, before you hand out the balloons write a number between one and five on each balloon (even it out so there's 700 for each number). Everybody take their balloon but instead of chucking them about just discreetly blow them up and keep them between your legs. First time Hearts have a good chance the people with the first 700 pop them before the Hearts player goes to pull the trigger. The second bunch do the same for their second chance, and so on.

We really would be like the 12th man then, although if they have six or more chances we're ****ed.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2011, 07:52 PM
My mind will be too poisoned with alcohol and hatred to pay too much attention to frivilous, festive balloons. Mindless hooliganism, senseless vandalism, rioting, looting and pillaging all the way for me on Sunday! Go Hibees! CCS!