PDA

View Full Version : Had Sproule converted that chance yesterday...

Carheenlea
21-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I`d reckon we would have had a quite different messageboard in the aftermath of yesterdays game.

I`ve not seen it again, but at the time it looked a golden chance and one he should be looking to stick away. Had we went 2 up at that stage in the game, where up to then we had looked pretty solid and played some not bad stuff, you would have to have fancied us to see the game out with the confidence and boost of a two goal cushion. We all know how it panned out, but it just shows how quickly things can change in a game, and Sproule`s missed chance was certainly a pivotal moment.

The worry for me is how quickly the confidence evaporated in the light of the two costly errors. Should this be happening at this stage of the season? Are the players feeling pressure and not coping well at all while under it despite their manager insisting he feels none?

Sammy7nil
21-08-2011, 09:40 PM
If my Auntie had Baws she would be my uncle, it did not happen.
This "run" has lasted 18 months and if Sproule had scored we may have lost 3 - 2
Until the team grow some Baws we will be pish, the lack of creativity in the team is scary.

Wotherspiniesta
21-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Might I add, set up brilliantly by the much maligned David Wotherspoon (creator of Garry's goal last week at Kilmarnock)

Carheenlea
21-08-2011, 09:46 PM
This "run" has lasted 18 months and if Sproule had scored we may have lost 3 - 2
Until the team grow some Baws we will be pish, the lack of creativity in the team is scary.

There was certainly creativity in Wotherspoons magnificent pass to Sproule.

We need a lot more of it though.

matty_f
21-08-2011, 09:48 PM
I`d reckon we would have had a quite different messageboard in the aftermath of yesterdays game.

I`ve not seen it again, but at the time it looked a golden chance and one he should be looking to stick away. Had we went 2 up at that stage in the game, where up to then we had looked pretty solid and played some not bad stuff, you would have to have fancied us to see the game out with the confidence and boost of a two goal cushion. We all know how it panned out, but it just shows how quickly things can change in a game, and Sproule`s missed chance was certainly a pivotal moment.

The worry for me is how quickly the confidence evaporated in the light of the two costly errors. Should this be happening at this stage of the season? Are the players feeling pressure and not coping well at all while under it despite their manager insisting he feels none?

Football's all if's and but's, though I agree with your post. We weren't in any bother in the first half, IMHO - certainly felt we deserved to be in front on the basis of most of our first half display.

steakbake
21-08-2011, 09:52 PM
If we didn't have one of the most poorly organised and timid defences in the league, we could be sitting on 9 points.

If we didn't have Zibby in goals in the cup semi thrashing off hearts we might have a Scottish cup within living memory.

If if if... sick of it! Just as well I don't follow hibs for the glory though I am now starting to feel cheated and ripped off even despite low expectations.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2011, 09:57 PM

If Booth & Pallson didn't.......................................ach you know the rest!

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2011, 11:11 PM

:agree: We have nobody who can create, the new lad Osbourne looks as though he can play. Is he a holding midfielder, as that seemed to be his job yesterday, and bar one run where he beat a couple and had a shot that was blocked, he seemed to do the holding job well.

Thornhill is the new Liam Miller without the good game in 3 or 4. Murray cant pass, cant run but clatters folk now and then. Yesterday he gave the ball away so much, but did win it back a couple of times, but he should not be in the starting 11 imo. FFS he was one of our attacking midfielders, and he cant pass a ball, or shoot, but he can run back often.:rolleyes:

Wotherspoon had another bad game in midfield, yet when he went back to right back imo he played ok, and we looked better defensively too.

Why clueless continues to play Palsson at the back, when Murray is in midfield is beyond me? Especially when a struggling Wotherspoon has never let us down at full back, and his best games have been there?

Sproule gives us pace, but the usual iffy cross.Throw in a defence thats weak, and leaks goals like a sive, we are in trouble. In my opinion this team is no better than the one he took over in his first game after Hughes was sacked, and thats a scandal.

monktonharp
22-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Football's all if's and but's, though I agree with your post. We weren't in any bother in the first half, IMHO - certainly felt we deserved to be in front on the basis of most of our first half display.so, let me get this right. we were not in any bother in the first half,despite the fact that we lost a goal in 42mins and lost a goal in 45mins when we have a team of proffesional footballers on the pitch , who should be trying to hold what they have, as they trundle along to the break where they can look forward to a wee quarter orange/cup o'tea/rollicking fae the manager .....delete as you fit. I despair, when fans like you accept dross.

Hibercelona
22-08-2011, 12:31 AM
If we didn't have one of the most poorly organised and timid defences in the league, we could be sitting on 9 points.

If we didn't have Zibby in goals in the cup semi thrashing off hearts we might have a Scottish cup within living memory.

If if if... sick of it! Just as well I don't follow hibs for the glory though I am now starting to feel cheated and ripped off even despite low expectations.

:agree:

And if that steakbake wasn't 2D, you'd soon find yourself with a blank image. :drool:

But back to Hibs matters.... we can "if" and "but" all we like, but we lost because we never done enough to win, thats the only way a game can be lost. We've not done enough to win enough games in a long time. Until we start doing enough, we aren't going to improve anytime soon.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2011, 11:08 AM
I remember when things started to go really badly wrong under Duffy we lost 7 games in a row, and I think nearly all of them were by the odd goal where we came away rueing missed opportunities.

FWIW, it would have taken an excellent finish to score with the chance. Anyway, Ivan missed, we lost the game and played very poorly - that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Carheenlea
22-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Having viewed the highlights, Sproule`s chance was not as simple to tuck away than it looked at the time!

matty_f
22-08-2011, 10:22 PM
so, let me get this right. we were not in any bother in the first half,despite the fact that we lost a goal in 42mins and lost a goal in 45mins when we have a team of proffesional footballers on the pitch , who should be trying to hold what they have, as they trundle along to the break where they can look forward to a wee quarter orange/cup o'tea/rollicking fae the manager .....delete as you fit. I despair, when fans like you accept dross.

Sorry, I meant that we weren't in any bother up until we conceded (towards the end of the first half) at which point we totally lost it and conceded another quick goal.

So, save for the final three minutes, we weren't in any bother in the first half.

You despair away, though, if it makes you feel better.