PDA

View Full Version : ST's not scanned yesterday?

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Was it just the turnstiles for the South end of the West Upper where they just looked at your ST yesterday and had no scanners to read the barcode or was it every turnstile? If so they need to have scanners for Tuesday for cup top ups surely?

Hibeesb0unc3
21-08-2011, 10:55 AM
No in the east they just looked at my season ticket without scanning it

seanraff07
21-08-2011, 11:03 AM
No in the east they just looked at my season ticket without scanning it

Same here, thought it was a bit odd as it was only at the end of last season they were getting on my case cause the bar code on my ST was fading away.

whiskyhibby
21-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Was it just the turnstiles for the South end of the West Upper where they just looked at your ST yesterday and had no scanners to read the barcode or was it every turnstile? If so they need to have scanners for Tuesday for cup top ups surely?

Does the season ticket indicate that it includes the Cup top up?

sleeping giant
21-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Does the season ticket indicate that it includes the Cup top up?

If you renewed before the 1st April then its included on your ST.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-08-2011, 11:43 AM
not scanned in West Lower either

Hibs Class
21-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Does the season ticket indicate that it includes the Cup top up? It is noted on the card, it says either cup top up or CTU

I'm_cabbaged
21-08-2011, 01:59 PM
It is noted on the card, it says either cup top up or CTU Mines doesnae have that, has (pp) on it though. that better be the cup games!

KingFranck
21-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Both mine and sons STs have ctu in brackets on them so don't know what pp means maybe payment plan ??

frazeHFC
21-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Not scanned in the FF either. Much quicker to get in.

Sir David Gray
21-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Our season tickets have never been scanned since the cards were introduced. I'm fully expecting there to be problems on Tuesday night as I have a cup top-up included on my card but if they don't scan it then they'll have no way of knowing that I'm telling the truth.

Anyway I was actually with someone who had an "interesting" discussion with a steward yesterday. We had gone into the ground at about 2.30pm or something like that, however, about 10 minutes later, the person I was with had to hand car keys to someone outside the ground so that they could put something in the car that wasn't being allowed inside the stadium.

The person I was with literally stood at the door of the same entrance that we had gone through about 10 minutes earlier, beside the exact same steward so that they could pass over the keys. However once the keys had been handed over, the steward put his hand across and told them to show him their ticket. At first, they thought he was just having a laugh because he had a stupid big grin on his face. When it became apparent that he was, in fact, being deadly serious, the season ticket was produced in a bit of anger and, still with a stupid grin on his face he said "thank you" in a very sarcastic tone.

The "Here to assist you" notice on the backs of their jackets must be the biggest joke i've ever heard. Complete jobsworths who are on a total power trip but get frustrated because they know they'll never be good enough to be police officers.

Anyway, rant over.

I'm not the biggest fan of stewards, by the way! :wink:

frazeHFC
21-08-2011, 02:45 PM
That is nonsense FH!

And i don't think many fans like stewards (Caley game) :greengrin

frazeHFC
21-08-2011, 02:47 PM
And our cards were scanned if you mean nobody's get scanned, as mine stopped working last year.

Bobby's Cinema
21-08-2011, 03:17 PM
None in the east either. The boy infront of me, showed last years ST an got in! :agree:

The Harp
21-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Mines doesnae have that, has (pp) on it though. that better be the cup games!

Same as mine. Can foresee a problem arising on Tues night. I certainly won't be handing money over if I'm refused entry.

sleeping giant
21-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Same as mine. Can foresee a problem arising on Tues night. I certainly won't be handing money over if I'm refused entry.

Mine does not have it on it either . A wee phone call in the morning i think:greengrin

woody47
21-08-2011, 08:18 PM

I think the PP means payment plan and if so there should be no problem as to take advantage of the plan you had to get a ST months before the end of the season which would definately be classed as an early bird.:agree:

joebakerforever
21-08-2011, 11:39 PM
I think the PP means payment plan and if so there should be no problem as to take advantage of the plan you had to get a ST months before the end of the season which would definately be classed as an early bird.:agree:

Correct - so if your card has either CTU or PP embossed, it will be valid for all home Cup games, whether or not the scanners are working.

oldbutdim
21-08-2011, 11:43 PM

FF Upper not scanned.

It is noted on the card, it says either cup top up or CTU

My card has none of these; I purchased the 3 year deal and I've had it confirmed that I have top up on it.
:aok:

MountcastleHibs
22-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Our season tickets have never been scanned since the cards were introduced. I'm fully expecting there to be problems on Tuesday night as I have a cup top-up included on my card but if they don't scan it then they'll have no way of knowing that I'm telling the truth.Anyway I was actually with someone who had an "interesting" discussion with a steward yesterday. We had gone into the ground at about 2.30pm or something like that, however, about 10 minutes later, the person I was with had to hand car keys to someone outside the ground so that they could put something in the car that wasn't being allowed inside the stadium. The person I was with literally stood at the door of the same entrance that we had gone through about 10 minutes earlier, beside the exact same steward so that they could pass over the keys. However once the keys had been handed over, the steward put his hand across and told them to show him their ticket. At first, they thought he was just having a laugh because he had a stupid big grin on his face. When it became apparent that he was, in fact, being deadly serious, the season ticket was produced in a bit of anger and, still with a stupid grin on his face he said "thank you" in a very sarcastic tone.The "Here to assist you" notice on the backs of their jackets must be the biggest joke i've ever heard. Complete jobsworths who are on a total power trip but get frustrated because they know they'll never be good enough to be police officers.Anyway, rant over.I'm not the biggest fan of stewards, by the way! :wink: As one of those 'jobsworths' I think you've just had a bad experience. We have to follow very specific guidelines to do our job right. It's not as easy as it looks some of the jobs in and around a stadium on match day. I'm applying to join the police too, so I know I'm good enough. The police admit we're the experts in matchday environments, not them. We're not all power mad either. As for the tickets not being scanned, as I was actually in the crowd yesterday with my season ticket, I'd imagine the scanners were broken, hence the reason the tickets were just being looked at.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 01:05 AM
As one of those 'jobsworths' I think you've just had a bad experience. We have to follow very specific guidelines to do our job right. It's not as easy as it looks some of the jobs in and around a stadium on match day. I'm applying to join the police too, so I know I'm good enough. The police admit we're the experts in matchday environments, not them. We're not all power mad either. As for the tickets not being scanned, as I was actually in the crowd yesterday with my season ticket, I'd imagine the scanners were broken, hence the reason the tickets were just being looked at.

Like all professions, there will be people who are good at their job and people who aren't.

Of course, my comment regarding the police was a bit of a generalisation. I just have no time for football stewards collectively but I've no doubt that there are stewards out there (SOMEWHERE! :greengrin) that I might actually like.

I know stewards are under specific guidelines but there is such a thing as using your discretion and a bit of common sense. Technically the steward was absolutely spot on in doing what he did and I'm sure his supervisor will give him a pat on the back for that one. However he only did that because he could. He knew fine well what he was doing and, to me, that's abusing your power.

I can't be bothered with people like that. If I'd had a can of spray paint on me, I would have changed the message on the back of his jacket to "Here to annoy you". :greengrin

I have nothing embossed on my card that is related to me having a cup top up, however I specifically asked the ticket office to confirm for me last week when I was on getting my tickets for Tynecastle that I had a cup top up and the girl I spoke to assured me that I had one.

I fully expect there to be problems tomorrow night but I will be getting in. :agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
23-08-2011, 10:25 AM
It's to protect the innocent from persecution.

I told the wife I'm having and affair, as it's just too embarrassing to say I go to Hibs games :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
23-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Is this one of the reasons the attendance on Saturday was under 9000 - or is this counted by clicks of the turnstile?

Kojock
23-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Scanner system over the entire staduim was down last Saturday.

CTU = Cup Top Up
PP = Payment Plan

I got a call from Hibs yesterday telling me that all people who bought a three year season need to go to the ticket office where they will be issued a new card as "letters" are mising from the card.

franks
23-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Scanner system over the entire staduim was down last Saturday.

CTU = Cup Top Up
PP = Payment Plan

I got a call from Hibs yesterday telling me that all people who bought a three year season need to go to the ticket office where they will be issued a new card as "letters" are mising from the card.

Same here. went to ER today and was given a ticket for tonights game and told a new card will be posted out to me in the next few days.

we are hibs
23-08-2011, 03:53 PM
is the game pay at the gate

hibee
23-08-2011, 04:09 PM
None in the east either. The boy infront of me, showed last years ST an got in! :agree:

So did I, got confused with which one was this years and which one was the old one so handed over the wrong one, wasn't until I got in and checked everyone elses I realised!

nickwhibs
23-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Is this one of the reasons the attendance on Saturday was under 9000 - or is this counted by clicks of the turnstile?

Yeah I was thinking this too. Seemed pretty low attendance even with recent performances, prices etc. Plus I want a re-count for the 'guess the attendance' competition :greengrin

.Sean.
23-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah I was thinking this too. Seemed pretty low attendance even with recent performances, prices etc. Plus I want a re-count for the 'guess the attendance' competition :greengrin Nae danger. My pal won the competition and he's taking me!

givescotlandfreedom
23-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I got sent to the ticket office at the turnstyle tonight (despite having an early bird cup top up) as according to the steward on the turnstyle the card had been cancelled. The guy in the ticket office said it was probably just the steward being a bit daft.
Pain in the backside because I had to queue for 10-15 mins and missed some of the game. Had even joked about it before that it was bound to happen.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I got sent to the ticket office at the turnstyle tonight (despite having an early bird cup top up) as according to the steward on the turnstyle the card had been cancelled. The guy in the ticket office said it was probably just the steward being a bit daft.
Pain in the backside because I had to queue for 10-15 mins and missed some of the game. Had even joked about it before that it was bound to happen.

I was fully prepared for a battle tonight but I just showed my card to the steward at the gate and he let me in, without any problems. No scanner or anything.

If I had been you, I would have refused to move from the gate and insisted that someone from the ticket office be contacted to confirm that I had a top up. It's surely not a difficult thing to do.