PDA

View Full Version : First goal

hibsbollah
21-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I havent watched it again but i was convinced it was a foul on Booth at the time. So was it or not?

More importantly, he should never have been left isolated by his teammates in such a way out of position.

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 09:12 AM
I havent watched it again but i was convinced it was a foul on Booth at the time. So was it or not?

More importantly, he should never have been left isolated by his teammates in such a way out of position.

Was not stong enough, but as you say how the hell was he the only one covering, while the rest of our defence had went AWOL

hibee_girl
21-08-2011, 09:14 AM
The worrying thing is we didn't learn anything from it, even in the 2nd half when we got corners we were still leaving Booth up on his own

Brooster
21-08-2011, 09:19 AM

That doesnt excuse him for not clearing his lines. Did he claim for a foul? My recollection is that he didnt which would indicate that he know he sold the goal. I agree about Hanlon and stephens positioning though - totally amateurish for the last 2 games.

gobragh1875
21-08-2011, 09:24 AM
he fell on his arse not strong enough to hold off the other player

greenlex
21-08-2011, 09:54 AM
We had posession at a corner. Thats how he was isolated. He should have done he shouldnt have let it bounce. Schoolboy stuff. He was then outmuscled simple as that.

iwasthere1972
21-08-2011, 09:59 AM

There was some contact but not enough in my opinion to award us a free kick. A bad goal to lose.

RickyS
21-08-2011, 10:04 AM
he fell on his arse not strong enough to hold off the other player

I like Booth, he is a great prospect but how can you leave a laddie who is about 6 stone as the covering defender, the coaching staff obviously set us up like that.

hibsbollah
21-08-2011, 11:03 AM
I like Booth, he is a great prospect but how can you leave a laddie who is about 6 stone as the covering defender, the coaching staff obviously set us up like that. Exactly. Losing possession from a corner is no excuse for having the sum of Booth back covering.

Iona Hibs
21-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Just watched it again on Sky, clearly a foul. I thought so at the time too.

Cool_Hand_Luke
21-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Thought it was a foul at the time and still think so after watching again.
Especially given some of the fouls that were given against us for a lot less...yet another very inconsistent ref :agree: