PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott

lucky
21-08-2011, 09:04 AM
How is Martin Scott still at Hibs? he assaulted and broke the jaw of a fellow player. In any business assaulting a colleague would lead to dismissal. CC admitted in the press that there is still a feud between them and that its effecting the squad moral. We all rightly condemned Hearts and Vlad over the way Craig Thompson affair was handled. Deek was fined for criticising the pitch but we have a thug playing for Hibs and is being sued by a team mate. Its time he was binned from ER , its not as if he is a decent player.

R'Albin
21-08-2011, 09:05 AM
How is Martin Scott still at Hibs? he assaulted and broke the jaw of a fellow player. In any business assaulting a colleague would lead to dismissal. CC admitted in the press that there is still a feud between them and that its effecting the squad moral. We all rightly condemned Hearts and Vlad over the way Craig Thompson affair was handled. Deek was fined for criticising the pitch but we have a thug playing for Hibs and is being sued by a team mate. Its time he was binned from ER , its not as if he is a decent player.

Do you know exactly what happened though?

Hibbyradge
21-08-2011, 09:10 AM

And with those last few words, all your morale outrage is exposed as mere hypocrisy.

lucky
21-08-2011, 09:12 AM

No I dont but the fact is he broke his team mates jaw. Even in your school thats not allowed.

lucky
21-08-2011, 09:17 AM
And with those last few words, all your morale outrage is exposed as mere hypocrisy.

Because I don't rate him I'm being a hypocrite:rolleyes: please explain? he assaulted a fellow player yet it is deemed acceptable by CC and RP. Lots on here were outraged at the fights that broke out after the Sunderland game but as a club it appears we have accepted violence is ok between players. Dose not set a good example for the fans.

R'Albin
21-08-2011, 09:19 AM
No I dont but the fact is he broke his team mates jaw. Even in your school thats not allowed.

:confused:

We don't know what happened though, Welsh could have been being an ersehole so Scott just smacked him? Welsh might have taken 5 swings at Scott and missed, and Scott threw one at him and hit? But we don't know, so how can you say Scott should be punted when you don't even know exactly what happened?

Golden Bear
21-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Utter nonsense.

TowerHibs
21-08-2011, 09:25 AM

Ok then well Garry O'Connor shouldn't be at the club cause he's a junkie. Scott hit Welsh once and is a thug??? Get a grip! I know what happened and to be fair there are a couple of players who wanted to put welsh back in his place! His attitude is Billy big time and has a mouth on him. Ian murray twice in pre season had words with him.

Now I'm not saying Jimmy was correct, he wasn't but to labelled a thug and hounded out when is silly. The fans insisting on getting on everyone's case and this is also having a huge effect on the players! Listen to AVB comments about Chelsea game, he said the crowd is 2nd biggest influence on players during a game. 2nd half yesterday, we did not back the players and we are not helping the cause be immediately looking for whipping boys!

I used to play with Jimmy and said when we signed him that he is not good enough for hibs but what he will give us is energy and drive. Can't argue that when he came on yesterday, urgency went up through the team - he done more than thornhill in 2nd half. We need more quality in, yes perhaps a new manager but to start hounding out players without proper support is just ridiculous. Can the fans not learn from there mistakes from the passed, we treat some players terrible - sure some people expect us to have Xavi and Messi playing and if not then any reason is ok to dish out abuse!

R'Albin
21-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Ok then well Garry O'Connor shouldn't be at the club cause he's a junkie. Scott hit Welsh once and is a thug??? Get a grip! I know what happened and to be fair there are a couple of players who wanted to put welsh back in his place! His attitude is Billy big time and has a mouth on him. Ian murray twice in pre season had words with him.

Now I'm not saying Jimmy was correct, he wasn't but to labelled a thug and hounded out when is silly. The fans insisting on getting on everyone's case and this is also having a huge effect on the players! Listen to AVB comments about Chelsea game, he said the crowd is 2nd biggest influence on players during a game. 2nd half yesterday, we did not back the players and we are not helping the cause be immediately looking for whipping boys!

I used to play with Jimmy and said when we signed him that he is not good enough for hibs but what he will give us is energy and drive. Can't argue that when he came on yesterday, urgency went up through the team - he done more than thornhill in 2nd half. We need more quality in, yes perhaps a new manager but to start hounding out players without proper support is just ridiculous. Can the fans not learn from there mistakes from the passed, we treat some players terrible - sure some people expect us to have Xavi and Messi playing and if not then any reason is ok to dish out abuse!

:top marks

Coco Bryce
21-08-2011, 09:29 AM

:top marks

H18sry
21-08-2011, 09:31 AM

Is that not Slander as GO'C has never been caught/found guilty of taking drugs .:wink:

lucky
21-08-2011, 09:35 AM

GOC has his issues and is dealing with them. I am not aware that his drugs problem involves others at the club. So Welsh has a big mouth so that allows Scott to break his jaw! As for bringing energy to yesterdays game, I cant accept that. on 4/5 occasions he touched the ball he just lamped it up the park. Im not hounding him out. But Hibs should not have tolerated that level of behaviour.

Coco Bryce
21-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Is that not Slander as GO'C has never been caught/found guilty of taking drugs .:wink:

He was caught with them on him and also arrested. Not heard anymore about it though. He probably bought £50s worth of sherbret :greengrin

ronaldo7
21-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Seems like we need someone like him in the team at the moment.

TowerHibs
21-08-2011, 09:55 AM
GOC has his issues and is dealing with them. I am not aware that his drugs problem involves others at the club. So Welsh has a big mouth so that allows Scott to break his jaw! As for bringing energy to yesterdays game, I cant accept that. on 4/5 occasions he touched the ball he just lamped it up the park. Im not hounding him out. But Hibs should not have tolerated that level of behaviour.

Bt we should accept someone being caught with class A drugs and doing a runner from the police?? What about crashing you farrari and doing a runner! I'm not saying any of them were correct but u would not be bringing this up if it was callum booth threw the punch! If u don't rate him as a player just say that, don't just start labeling people thugs and hounding them out the team. I'm sure if u met him, you'd find Jimmy a nutter, funny and charming but you wouldn't call him a thug to his face!!

You also say the G o'C's problems don't affect others at the club. I have no idea is there are problems there but to say an older experienced pro carrying on like that (reportedly) doesn't rub off on young players and sets a bad example is blind stupidity! Yet he is allowed to try and deal with his issues but Jimmy should be shown the door.

As I previous poster said, ur being hypocritical! A player u rate is allowed to deal with his issues, the other u don't rate is a thug and should be emptied!

Since90+2
21-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I dont think he should be at Easter Road because I dont think he's good enough. Shows the level we are at just now when we are signing players like him.

sleeping giant
21-08-2011, 11:02 AM

I was under the impression that it was self defense rather than assault.

You are not seriously trying to equate that with the Thompson affair. Good grief.:rolleyes:

hibsbollah
21-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Why O'Connor is being brought into a discussion about Scott makes no sense to me. He's the one single reason to have any optimism we can win a game of football at some point.As for Scott, i think hes useful in a certain scenario, where we need the game closed down. To bring him on when we needed creativity in the final third was beyond stupid IMO.

truehibernian
21-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Why O'Connor is being brought into a discussion about Scott makes no sense to me. He's the one single reason to have any optimism we can win a game of football at some point.

:agree:

Garry is doing the job he was brought in to do, score goals. Shame the others aren't doing their jobs. I felt really sorry for GOC yesterday. The guy ploughed a lone furrow up until around 70 minutes, which at 2-1 down at half time is unacceptable for me. Last three games he has had three clear sights of goal and buried all three. I wonder how many he would get if we actually gave him help up there, and a midfield who kept up with play.

NOLA
21-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I dont think he should be at Easter Road because I dont think he's good enough. Shows the level we are at just now when we are signing players like him.
what is our level though?

lucky
21-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Bt we should accept someone being caught with class A drugs and doing a runner from the police?? What about crashing you farrari and doing a runner! I'm not saying any of them were correct but u would not be bringing this up if it was callum booth threw the punch! If u don't rate him as a player just say that, don't just start labeling people thugs and hounding them out the team. I'm sure if u met him, you'd find Jimmy a nutter, funny and charming but you wouldn't call him a thug to his face!!

You also say the G o'C's problems don't affect others at the club. I have no idea is there are problems there but to say an older experienced pro carrying on like that (reportedly) doesn't rub off on young players and sets a bad example is blind stupidity! Yet he is allowed to try and deal with his issues but Jimmy should be shown the door.

As I previous poster said, ur being hypocritical! A player u rate is allowed to deal with his issues, the other u don't rate is a thug and should be emptied!

GOC issue happen before he signed.
But Scott broke the jaw of a fellow Hibs player and yes I would call him a thug to his face. But the fact i dont rate him as player is irrelvant I saying he should not be near the Hibs first team becasue of his actions.

TowerHibs
21-08-2011, 12:04 PM
But Scott broke the jaw of a fellow Hibs player and yes I would call him a thug to his face. But the fact i dont rate him as player is irrelvant I saying he should not be near the Hibs first team becasue of his actions.

we'll i'm telling you that your wrong, i know him and he is not a thug. A clown, a joker, a pain an average player but he is not a thug.

Tell you lucky, must be brilliant to never made a mistake in your life! Garry O'Connor can make several mistakes, Jimmy Scott can't. Thats what i'm taking from your agruements. I habe also spoken with Sean Walsh and he's an arse too, infact exactly the same sort of character as Jimmy....is he also a thug???? I know he has had a few fisty cuffs in training, not in public domain because no injury happened. Also know a player hit him when he was at Stirling and i know it happens all the time at other clubs. Not saying it is right but it happens. Darren McCormack got sent off for headbutting, Derek Riordans shocking tackle on Scatel last season.....thuggish behaviour or people caught up in the moment???

FAO Hibsbollah - i agree toally with your point on GOC. He is our only shining light at the mintue but proves my point that his previous "mistakes" can be over looked because he is scoring goals. Lucky is happy with that but not that Martin Scott is a thug and still at Hibs. He should not have been at HIbs in the first place ability wise but he is and getting slaughtered from his own support will do nothing but make his performances worse.

The fans do not help the cause be so quickly jumping on players backs. Not our fault at how things are working out just now, but we can try to make things slightly easier for the team. If someone like AVB at Chelsea can say the crowd is one of the biggest factors on players (other managers have said this too, only using AVB as he said this yesterday) then think about the impact we have on average players when we are abusing them consistantly and harshly. Why bring up this incident again when it was weeks ago, or is lucky looking for a whipping boy after another poor defeat?

mcfly
21-08-2011, 12:16 PM

I think we are all aware of your opinion on martin scott as you have repeated yourself 3 times.

But you know nothing re the facts over what happened, did welsh attempt to hit scott 1st? if so this could have been self defense.

Anyway if the rest of the team showed as much fight as martin scott then we wouldnt be sitting with only 3 points.

We are rubbish, weve signed 3 strikers yet play 1 up front, boring unimaginative dross is what is being served up and hibs are going now where

Surely this is much more important than a training ground bust up that probably happens every day in clubs up and down the country

silverhibee
21-08-2011, 12:27 PM

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to give this guy a three and half year contract needs there head examined.

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Whoever thought it would be a good idea to give this guy a three and half year contract needs there head examined.

Does that explain why they're not here any more? :wink:

R'Albin
21-08-2011, 12:28 PM

I'm presuming Adams had a big part to play in that?

silverhibee
21-08-2011, 12:30 PM

He broke a team-mates jaw, thats what happened.

Has he even been punished for the incident by Hibs.

silverhibee
21-08-2011, 12:34 PM
:confused:

We don't know what happened though, Welsh could have been being an ersehole so Scott just smacked him? Welsh might have taken 5 swings at Scott and missed, and Scott threw one at him and hit? But we don't know, so how can you say Scott should be punted when you don't even know exactly what happened?

It doesn't matter what happened in the follow up to it, he lashed out and broke a team-mates jaw, thats what the issue is here, no if they were arguing like wee girls before it.

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 12:38 PM
It doesn't matter what happened in the follow up to it, he lashed out and broke a team-mates jaw, thats what the issue is here, no if they were arguing like wee girls before it.

I am pretty sure he was disciplined SH but what you are now looking at is not his actions but the consequences of his actions. The thing is he punched another player and it happens. Not a lot but it is not an infrequent occurence and, unfortunately, this had severe implications for Welsh on this occassion. On others it will be handbags stuff.

If the rumours are true that Welsh is suing Scott then it needs dealt with and there can only be one outcome IMO.

Since90+2
21-08-2011, 12:41 PM
what is our level though?

Higher than players the ability of Martin Scott. Or atleast it should be.

EK_Hibs
21-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Martin Scott is just one of a large number of players in the current Hibs squad who are nowhere near good enough, not even close to being good enough, to wear the Green & White jersey.

BEEJ
21-08-2011, 12:45 PM
He broke a team-mates jaw, thats what happened.

Has he even been punished for the incident by Hibs.
He was fined by the club.

SneakersO'Toole
21-08-2011, 01:31 PM
What staggers me the most is that he was given a 3 and half year contract by CC when he signed last January?!?!

Very odd decision IMO.

Simon70
21-08-2011, 01:38 PM

What he said :agree:

Very weak management from Calderwood IMHO.

God Petrie
21-08-2011, 01:40 PM
The lack of punishment for MS is just another symptom of the lack of management of the football side of things at Hibs.

BEEJ
21-08-2011, 01:50 PM
The lack of punishment for MS is just another symptom of the lack of management of the football side of things at Hibs.
As stated earlier, he was fined heavily. What punishment would you deem suitable?

Before you say "a P45", bear in mind that we paid money for the guy and Hibs would want to see at least some of that back.

silverhibee
21-08-2011, 01:53 PM
He was fined by the club.

Any idea if it was 1,2, or 3 weeks wages he was fined.

lucky
21-08-2011, 01:58 PM
If Hibs did sack him they could pursue him for breeching his contract like chelsea did with Muto ( I think thats who it was). They sacked him then won a case against him for several millions.

silverhibee
21-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Does that explain why they're not here any more? :wink:

Does everyone at Hibs get to sign players, Petrie, Lindsay and sometimes the manager, and now the assistant manager, dont buy that, CC stated that he had watched Scott play several times for Ross County, Adams may have recomended Scott but he never gave him a three and a half year deal. :wink:

silverhibee
21-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm presuming Adams had a big part to play in that?

Agree, but he never signed him, just recomended him 3 1/2 year deal, someone's having a laugh.

BEEJ
21-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Any idea if it was 1,2, or 3 weeks wages he was fined.
No details were given.

CC only stated in an interview that Scott had been fined by the club. For interview see link below.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Club-fine-Martin-Scott-over.6808238.jp

silverhibee
21-08-2011, 02:07 PM
No details were given.

CC only stated in an interview that Scott had been fined by the club. For interview see link below.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Club-fine-Martin-Scott-over.6808238.jp

:aok:

Ed De Gramo
21-08-2011, 02:10 PM
If Hibs did sack him they could pursue him for breeching his contract like chelsea did with Muto ( I think thats who it was). They sacked him then won a case against him for several millions.

Hows the lawsuit going Mr Welsh? :greengrin

The issue with Scott has been dealt with, Welsh should stop being pathetic and let the matter drop. He's not as innocent as he's trying to make out.

Hibs_SW
21-08-2011, 02:18 PM

So because his punch clearly broke the guys jaw then he should be hung or sacked!? There is obviously a reason for him not being sacked and maybe that reason is that the club know the actual real storynot that of Simple made up stories or of putting 2+2 together and getting 5!

Hasn't this thread been done to death before!? Give it a break! They clearly don't get on and I'm sureScott didn't go out his way to break anyone's jaw but then if his punch done that there is nothing he can do once it's done!

R'Albin
21-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Hows the lawsuit going Mr Welsh? :greengrin

The issue with Scott has been dealt with, Welsh should stop being pathetic and let the matter drop. He's not as innocent as he's trying to make out.

:agree:

jdships
21-08-2011, 02:26 PM
45 POSTS and not one slagging off Louis Stevenson - "Pure dead brilliant" :greengrin:aok:

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Does everyone at Hibs get to sign players, Petrie, Lindsay and sometimes the manager, and now the assistant manager, dont buy that, CC stated that he had watched Scott play several times for Ross County, Adams may have recomended Scott but he never gave him a three and a half year deal. :wink:

You know fine well a number of folk will have an input into who we sign and Scott was likely signed on the recomendation of Adams. Same as when Yogi was the manager Rod decided to sign all these ex Falkirk guys. Not a chance.

silverhibee
21-08-2011, 03:14 PM
You know fine well a number of folk will have an input into who we sign and Scott was likely signed on the recomendation of Adams. Same as when Yogi was the manager Rod decided to sign all these ex Falkirk guys. Not a chance.

Yeah i know, but what i dont get is someone thought he was good enough to get a 3 1/2 year deal with Hibs. Crazy.

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah i know, but what i dont get is someone thought he was good enough to get a 3 1/2 year deal with Hibs. Crazy.

If we'd signed him on a 1 year deal and it turned out he was Messi we would be going nuts at the negotiators for that as well. I do think Adams had a huge input into this signing and didnt recover from it. Was always a strange partnership anyhow but Adams was very highly regarded beforehand.

I always worry though how someone who dosent swear can get as many bans as he has. Something defo not right there. :greengrin

lapsedhibee
21-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Why did Lewis Stevenson not intervene to stop the differences between Welsh and Scott boiling over like that? Very poor show by him.

jdships
21-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Why did Lewis Stevenson not intervene to stop the differences between Welsh and Scott boiling over like that? Very poor show by him.

As the song says " Then you go and spoil it all by saying something
stupid ................ " :greengrin:wink:
You are a real spoilsport :greengrin
Ah well we made it to 50 without Lewis being mentioned - can't be bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nortonhibby
21-08-2011, 07:19 PM

law of the jungle let the strongest survive:na na:

hibsbollah
21-08-2011, 07:39 PM
law of the jungle let the strongest survive:na na: Quoting adam ant on one thread and Rudyard Kipling on this one. Hibs net is certainly an artistic place to be these days.

frazeHFC
21-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Martin Scott should not be playing for Hibs because he is utter crap.

Cropley10
21-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Martin Scott should not be playing for Hibs because he is utter crap.

:agree: - he even managed to have his bib on the wrong way round when he was warming up behind the goal during the game.

Callum_62
21-08-2011, 08:46 PM
wasnt it a fractured cheekbone Wesh got....not a broken jaw?

Scott has his limitations for sure...but he will give 110% every game....so far Thornhill (who I think will be decent) cant say he has given the same.