PDA

View Full Version : Pick up the phone Petrie

EVENTUALLY
21-08-2011, 08:56 AM
It's time to bite the bullet and simply get rid of CC before any more damage is done. Arranging a deal at this stage on no compensation due to or by Hibs,CC, Birmingham/Notts F would be a fabulous lift and would show real courage. It's never a bad thing to admit that things have gone wrong and that a huge mistake was made in retaining CC.

CC is lousy. A crap communicator, tactically inept, stubborn and a downright liability in not reacting to a shocking display at Killie and playing the same defence once again, who once again blew the points!!!

CC needs to go, no question about it. Do a deal and get rid.

Scorrie
21-08-2011, 08:58 AM
It's time to bite the bullet and simply get rid of CC before any more damage is done. Arranging a deal at this stage on no compensation due to or by Hibs,CC, Birmingham/Notts F would be a fabulous lift and would show real courage. It's never a bad thing to admit that things have gone wrong and that a huge mistake was made in retaining CC.

CC is lousy. A crap communicator, tactically inept, stubborn and a downright liability in not reacting to a shocking display at Killie and playing the same defence once again, who once again blew the points!!!

Not as fabulous as the 300k we were offered to take him away whihc RP rejected...

HKhibby
21-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I totally agree 100% that Calderwood needs to go and go now!, how much time do you give him?, post split and we are in the bottom half fighting against relegation? or in Division 1 next season?, because thats where i think we are heading if we carry on with giving him time!, its less than a year that he took over at Hibs and have things improved? not one little bit, we didnt even see the new manager bounce or spark thing or however you want to put it!, yes we got a great result at Ibrox, but that was one game and you cant live long on that unfortunatly! Calderwood was never a first choice of mine or alot of other people!, but i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but it has proved that he has no idea! and to think we turned down 300k in the summer for him...worst thing we have done for years!, i personally would go for Strachan, dont think he would have a problem managing Hibs, but would Petrie pay the money he would probably demand?

EVENTUALLY
21-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Not as fabulous as the 300k we were offered to take him away whihc RP rejected...

It would still be great just to get rid of him now. Accept that an opportunity was missed/badly handled or whatever BUT grasp the moment and move on now. CC has had long enough to demonstrate his managerial capabilities and it is clear he is hopeless at shaking up a side who are struggling under his management and I do not believe we are ever likely to see what he could do with a team on a wee winning run in terms of maintaining momentum because he'll never get to that stage. He is rubbish... shocking decision to play that defence again, consistently playing Wotherspoon on the left, Palsson at right back is fundementally terrible management. Garbage.

He has to go and never mind the £300k because that's gone.

SloopJB
21-08-2011, 11:42 AM

Inyour honest opinion of course.

In my honest opinion CC is the the right man at this time to progress the team, he will need time to get his charges playing together and maybe even bring in another player to compliment the team.

We have played badly against a couple of teams who are reportedly playing well, that wont last the season and form will change.
Changing manager now would solve what? we would have to get a better manager. Where would he come from?
The better manager would either work with CC's players or seek his choice of player which would presumably be during the next summer transfer window, either way is not a good choice.
The board see a manager in there.

Hibs were applauded for a better performance and good tactics yesterday, two errors undone us and the quote was that the manager cannot legislate for individual errors on the park.

EVENTUALLY
21-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Inyour honest opinion of course.

In my honest opinion CC is the the right man at this time to progress the team, he will need time to get his charges playing together and maybe even bring in another player to compliment the team.

We have played badly against a couple of teams who are reportedly playing well, that wont last the season and form will change.
Changing manager now would solve what? we would have to get a better manager. Where would he come from?
The better manager would either work with CC's players or seek his choice of player which would presumably be during the next summer transfer window, either way is not a good choice.
The board see a manager in there.

Hibs were applauded for a better performance and good tactics yesterday, two errors undone us and the quote was that the manager cannot legislate for individual errors on the park.

Livingston.

The board are mistaken and it's time to admit it.

Better than they were against Killie granted but still rubbish, St M were better than us and there keeper had a very very easy day. What are CC's tactics, what is his style of play, what is his mission statement if you like. I see nothing from him that will produce an entertaining, adaptable and winning team. The guy is really crap and the board should sack him now.

mcfly
21-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Livingston.

Better than they were against Killie granted but still rubbish, St M were better than us and there keeper had a very very easy day. What are CC's tactics, what is his style of play, what is his mission statement if you like. I see nothing from him that will produce an entertaining, adaptable and winning team. The guy is really crap and the board should sack him now.

and replace him with who?? no time to buy new players.

wrong time to sack him.

if the board fought to keep him 4 weeks ago why sack him now..

why not spend your energy looking for positives and back the team

SloopJB
21-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Livingston.

The gamble is that Livingstone and Hibs are mile apart so would it work? how much time do we give the next guy?

I don't have the answer but what I think will be happening is that Calderwood will be explaining the results of each game to the board, what is happening behind the scenes to imrove things and what is needed from the board to improve things further. If they agree they will back him.

EVENTUALLY
21-08-2011, 02:08 PM
and replace him with who?? no time to buy new players.

wrong time to sack him.

if the board fought to keep him 4 weeks ago why sack him now..

why not spend your energy looking for positives and back the team

I do back the team, I'm a shareholder, season ticket holder, occasional customer in the shop and often in BTG. The right time to get rid of CC was missed 5 weeks ago. Sacking him now would be the best move the board could make to arrest the falling attendances. To appoint Bollan who has Livi playing a great style of attractive winning football is a risk worth taking. Retaining CC is a far greater risk IMHO.

edwards
21-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Sorry boys but the time to get rid of CC was five weeks ago don't think Petrie has got the balls to get rid of him now, there are only ten days till the window closes and if our gutless chairman can't see what the problem was in our last five games of the season he was given a golden chance to fix that problem six weeks ago then he will just plod along until he is backed into a corner.

edwards
21-08-2011, 02:23 PM

Yer havin a laugh :rolleyes:

Hibs play was ripped up for ass paper by most of the commentators and the inept second half performance was ridiculed.

Gordy M
21-08-2011, 02:30 PM
The problem is if we do replace him then who would we get?? Not long ago we had people suggesting we had missed out big time in not going for Butcher and Craig Brown, i don't see many suggesting their names now? Have they now become bad managers?

Also, were we actually offered £300,000? Apologies if i missed it, but i don't recall any actual offer being made, just McLaren shooting his mouth off.

Captain Trips
21-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Petrie should get sacked with CC right after, 4th once in 5yrs IMO is failure, looking like 4th once in 6 now.

Cropley10
21-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Hibs play was ripped up for ass paper by most of the commentators and the inept second half performance was ridiculed.

:agree: football to make your eyes bleed too.

The problem is if we do replace him then who would we get?? Not long ago we had people suggesting we had missed out big time in not going for Butcher and Craig Brown, i don't see many suggesting their names now? Have they now become bad managers?

Also, were we actually offered £300,000? Apologies if i missed it, but i don't recall any actual offer being made, just McLaren shooting his mouth off.

Butcher's record last season and before he lost some of his best players was excellent. Sure he's had a bad start, but it's a weaker team. Calderwood's record isn't anywhere near Butchers' in the past 10 months. As for Brown - he's handed Calderwood a couple of spankings.

More worryling is how well McCall, or Danny Lennon has done on much less gate/ST revenue and no doubt without the fancy training centre.

Oh and yes you did miss it - we were offered £300k but turned it down. Remember though Rod's an arch negotiator and knows how theses things work. That's why we were able to get such a huge fee for Stokes.

Gordy M
21-08-2011, 03:43 PM
:agree: football to make your eyes bleed too.

Butcher's record last season and before he lost some of his best players was excellent. Sure he's had a bad start, but it's a weaker team. Calderwood's record isn't anywhere near Butchers' in the past 10 months. As for Brown - he's handed Calderwood a couple of spankings.

More worryling is how well McCall, or Danny Lennon has done on much less gate/ST revenue and no doubt without the fancy training centre.

Oh and yes you did miss it - we were offered £300k but turned it down. Remember though Rod's an arch negotiator and knows how theses things work. That's why we were able to get such a huge fee for Stokes.

That was kinda my point, i think in the SPL you have to accept that managers will have ups and downs and there is no guarantee that a new manager would bring success? McCalls record at Bradford was pretty poor and Lennon didn't have a great season last year with St Mirren. I'm not suggesting that we hold onto CC no matter the results, im just not sure that sacking a manager after 10 months/4 games into the new season, would do us any good. We would also have spent even more cash sacking CC and hiring someone new.

If we then hired Brown and he went on a run like he has had at Aberdeen people would now be calling for him to be sacked, and so on. Where does it stop?

Yeh, sorry i thought id read that there had been one phonecall to RP who informed Forest that CC wasn't available, i didnt realise money had been discussed. Apologies.

jonty
21-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Yeh, sorry i thought id read that there had been one phonecall to RP who informed Forest that CC wasn't available, i didnt realise money had been discussed. Apologies.
Money wasn't discussed. Paper speculation.

EasterRoad4Ever
21-08-2011, 04:00 PM
That was kinda my point, i think in the SPL you have to accept that managers will have ups and downs and there is no guarantee that a new manager would bring success? McCalls record at Bradford was pretty poor and Lennon didn't have a great season last year with St Mirren. I'm not suggesting that we hold onto CC no matter the results, im just not sure that sacking a manager after 10 months/4 games into the new season, would do us any good. We would also have spent even more cash sacking CC and hiring someone new.

If we then hired Brown and he went on a run like he has had at Aberdeen people would now be calling for him to be sacked, and so on. Where does it stop?

His record is so bad, the law of averages suggests we would have been better not having a manager at all.

SloopJB
21-08-2011, 04:07 PM

No I'm not having a laugh.

You are being selective. you say most commentators which would suggest not all.
the performance was better than the one against killie.

Not once did I hear a commentator describe the performance as "ass paper" so I either missed that or you made it up.

Keith_M
21-08-2011, 04:34 PM
..... we would have been better not having a manager at all.

Hibs won the League and Cup in successive seasons without a manager. It's worth a try.

Tyler Durden
21-08-2011, 04:51 PM
No I'm not having a laugh.

You are being selective. you say most commentators which would suggest not all.
the performance was better than the one against killie.

Not once did I hear a commentator describe the performance as "ass paper" so I either missed that or you made it up.

Erm, pot & kettle springs to mind.

Selective? Who exactly has applauded Hibs good tactics? These would be the exact same tactics we employed the week before. Calderwood took a calculated risk in fielding the exact same back four - it backfired spectacularly and he's accountable. A performance which yields 1 shot on target at home is unacceptable.

The man is tactically clueless. Our gameplan involves punting long balls to a lone forward.

Cropley10
21-08-2011, 05:45 PM
The man is tactically clueless. Our gameplan involves punting long balls to a lone forward.

This. Football that makes your eyes bleed combined with the youngest defence in the SPL.

SloopJB
21-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Erm, pot & kettle springs to mind.

Selective? Who exactly has applauded Hibs good tactics? These would be the exact same tactics we employed the week before. Calderwood took a calculated risk in fielding the exact same back four - it backfired spectacularly and he's accountable. A performance which yields 1 shot on target at home is unacceptable.

BBC. St Mirren play through midfield, Hibs have the tactics spot on by pressing high up the pitch.
The performance yielded 9 shots at goal, the fact that only 1 was on target is down to the players on the pitch.
Had 50% been put in we would have won.

Unless of course Calderwood has instructed the players to miss.