PDA

View Full Version : WE, The true loyal fans are to blame.........

tooley
20-08-2011, 10:13 PM
If we stop protesting in front of keyboards and start the Petrie must go songs, or the boycot of games, home and away surely then we can all stand together instead of the sombre protests that are happening just now?
Last Sunday at Kilmarnock, early KO or not, I travelled without 5 very good friends of mine that never miss Hibs games Home or Away, because they have had enough.
How long does this go on Petrie??
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
GGTTH
(and before anyone starts no I am not a Yam just a very pissed off fan of the once famous, proud and glorious HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB):flag:

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 10:14 PM
If we stop protesting in front of keyboards and start the Petrie must go songs, or the boycot of games, home and away surely then we can all stand together instead of the sombre protests that are happening just now?
Last Sunday at Kilmarnock, early KO or not, I travelled without 5 very good friends of mine that never miss Hibs games Home or Away, because they have had enough.
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
GGTTH
(and before anyone starts no I am not a Yam just a very pissed off fan of the once famous, proud and glorious HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB):flag:

Yeah let's all boycott games and cost the club a lot of money, brilliant idea!

Frazerbob
20-08-2011, 10:14 PM
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
GGTTH

Just over 8000 Hibs fans there today. The boycott is well and truely under way.

marinello59
20-08-2011, 10:20 PM

True. A Saturday 3pm kick off in the sunshine, a team performing well would have the place packed.

tooley
20-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Yeah let's all boycott games and cost the club a lot of money, brilliant idea!

And your idea?
Just plod along as usuall???

PS how many fans at Easter Road these days are not season ticket holders? So not going to cost that much is it???

paul_hfc3
20-08-2011, 10:31 PM
And your idea?
Just plod along as usuall???

PS how many fans at Easter Road these days are not season ticket holders? So not going to cost that much is it???

What exactly are we meant to be boycotting against? The sacking of the manager, the chairman or who?

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 10:32 PM

Compared with the last time we played St Mirren at home on a Saturday at 3pm (January 2010), we've lost about 3,000 fans.

pacorosssco
20-08-2011, 10:44 PM
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
GGTTH

a great post but sadly life isnt so simple . the good guys die young . the brave go weary . jambos shop in cruise .think a protest of sorts is underway with attendences already but are the right people recognising this will the board vote for xmas. can the club we love lose more money.

but i commend you for saying what the majority dont want to hear. strong action is needed . tough times ahead

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 10:46 PM
True. A Saturday 3pm kick off in the sunshine, a team performing well would have the place packed.

You reckon??

tooley
20-08-2011, 10:51 PM
What exactly are we meant to be boycotting against? The sacking of the manager, the chairman or who?

Do you feel everything is rosie, or do you think change is needed?
If you choose the latter, and you have an answer to it, you have answered your own question.
PS. Please lets not turn this into a slagging match between each other, we all have our own thoughts.
Mine is, Mr Petrie, Mr Farmer, Mr Calderwood, THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

marinello59
20-08-2011, 10:57 PM
If you choose the latter, and you have an answer to it, you have answered your own question.
PS. Please lets not turn this into a slagging match between each other, we all have our own thoughts.

We might disagree about organised boycotts/protests etc but we can all agree on that.

Captain Trips
20-08-2011, 10:58 PM
My broken record is that Petrie etc need to go and take this failure of a manager with him, 4th place once in 5 years and looking ominus already so once in 6 seasons is on cards. Time to clear desks at ER that IMO is a massive footballing failure.

paul_hfc3
20-08-2011, 11:05 PM

Its a forum mate, not gonna get into a slagging off match cause for one the yams are on here like roaches tonight and would get a kick out of seeing Hibees falling out with each other. However I will disagree with what your saying.

If we were truely loyal to Hibs we would back the Club, which means the Manager and the Chairman. Theres no point in sacking Colin Calderwood for hes doing a very difficult job as it is, and is doing decent, hes trying to deal with what he has and what money he has to his disposal. Look at the other 2 managers who have had the same players Mixu and Yogi, both were classified as doing piss poor when infact the players are truely to blame and fair enough the recent results haven't been fantastic but I really don't think a panic sacking of a manager before a derby or a chairman for that matter will change things, but make the club worse. Also as much as we give RP abuse hes keeping the club's head above water financially and thats his job. If you want to spend money left right and centre that you don't have then theres another club down the road who are a financial ticking time bomb.

Keep the faith in Hibs
GGTTH

P.S. If we beat the Vermin next week it will be all okay

P.P.S **** the Yams

gobragh1875
21-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Looks like our away trips next season will be to places like Ayr, Partick,Dumfries, and other far off places in the first division
due to a lack of leadership and bad management.
The time has come for Mr Farmer to stand up and make some decisions about Hibernian Football Club if one off his tyre buisnesses was being run the way this football club is being run heads would roll.
If Mr Farmer has lost intrest in the club why does he not put it up for sale we keep hearing about how he pulled the club from the depths of closure and the hands of Mercer and how he would only sell to some one who could take the club forward to this day the figure he paid for the club and what he put in to the club has been exaggerated not the millions we are leed to believe.
As a season ticket holder and share holder going to see my team is now getting harder to do. Mr Calderwood is not the man we need at the helm of the club at this moment we talked about the inadequacey of the tactical knowledge of former managers this is comming to the fore with Mr Calderwood to, there seems to be no plan B when plan A does not work we get the same rubbish at every press conference who every thing is going well and the team are looking forward to the next game its nice to hear that but like many others im feed up with the BS comming from him.
The joke going round now is the trams will be running before Hibs win again at Easter Road to the guys running the club do some thing now just over 8000 at yesterdays game i dread to think what Tuesday nights crowd will be rant over but hurting like hell like many others.
GGTTH

I Love Lamp
21-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Looks like our away trips next season will be to places like Ayr, Partick,Dumfries, and other far off places in the first division
due to a lack of leadership and bad management.
The time has come for Mr Farmer to stand up and make some decisions about Hibernian Football Club if one off his tyre buisnesses was being run the way this football club is being run heads would roll.
If Mr Farmer has lost intrest in the club why does he not put it up for sale we keep hearing about how he pulled the club from the depths of closure and the hands of Mercer and how he would only sell to some one who could take the club forward to this day the figure he paid for the club and what he put in to the club has been exaggerated not the millions we are leed to believe.
As a season ticket holder and share holder going to see my team is now getting harder to do. Mr Calderwood is not the man we need at the helm of the club at this moment we talked about the inadequacey of the tactical knowledge of former managers this is comming to the fore with Mr Calderwood to, there seems to be no plan B when plan A does not work we get the same rubbish at every press conference who every thing is going well and the team are looking forward to the next game its nice to hear that but like many others im feed up with the BS comming from him.
The joke going round now is the trams will be running before Hibs win again at Easter Road to the guys running the club do some thing now just over 8000 at yesterdays game i dread to think what Tuesday nights crowd will be rant over but hurting like hell like many others.
GGTTH

Don't make such rash predictions - Ayr United will probably be relegated this season :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 09:16 AM
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
GGTTH

I feel you pain Tooley.... Not into boycotting, but AGM should be a great time to start a no confidence in the Board campaign..... Not that the Board will bother, they think they are doing a great job unfortunately.............Therein lies the problem

lucky
21-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Less than 9000 at home for an SPl game show fans are already turning their backs on the club. Hibs have lost the feel good factor. The club is heading in the wrong direction but the board seem oblivious to it, The product on the park is shameful. The were close to 13000 empty seats yesterday. Why not slash prices, let kids in for free, come up with something new to inspire and galvanise the support. We desperately need leadership we have a team with at least 5 players not good enough, a manager who is dull and uninspiring and does not want to be here and board who love a balance sheet. The chants about RP and CC will start. I was looking forward to next sunday but now I'm dreading it .

RIP
21-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Trouble is that now Petrie runs virtually nothing at Easter Road.

Petrie out might please some on here but it will achieve the square root of bog all

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Trouble is that now Petrie runs virtually nothing at Easter Road.

Petrie out might please some on here but it will achieve the square root of bog all

The Club needs a total overhaul in my opinion, starting at Board level. We are losing so many fans at the moment, as the product on the park is miles away from being decent.

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 10:03 AM
The Club needs a total overhaul in my opinion, starting at Board level. We are losing so many fans at the moment, as the product on the park is miles away from being decent.

Is that not whats happening though BF? There seems to be some sort of changing of the guard taking place at the moment with others moving into the limelight and Petrie fading into the background.

On the second point I mentioned in another thread that Dundee Utd (3rd, 4th, regular top six in recent season, European competition and a Scottish Cup win) are reporting ST's down by 18%. Their bank are playing hardball over their debt which is very similar to ours.

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Is that not whats happening though BF? There seems to be some sort of changing of the guard taking place at the moment with others moving into the limelight and Petrie fading into teh background.

On the second point I mentioned in another thread that Dundee Utd (3rd, 4th, regular top six in recent season, European competition and a Scottish Cup win) are reporting ST's down by 18%. Their bank are playing hardball over their debt which is very similar to ours.

It is happening to the extent that the director's are moving positions within the Club....I was opting for a new set of Director's who can grab the mantle and drive the Club forward

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 10:13 AM
It is happening to the extent that the director's are moving positions within the Club....I was opting for a new set of Director's who can grab the mantle and drive the Club forward

Would they not need to be experienced and, more importantly, have the confidence of the owner?

As I said in my previous post the club you would hold up as an example of doing particularly well in Scotland in recent season's are the Arabs. And all is not well there.

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Would they not need to be experienced and, more importantly, have the confidence of the owner?

As I said in my previous post the club you would hold up as an example of doing particularly well in Scotland in recent season's are the Arabs. And all is not well there.

Fair point Kaiser, I just can't see things getting better with the current custodians at the helm

edwards
21-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Why should the fans take the blame for the team picked by the manager who was picked by the chairman and the players performances on the park.
The bottom line is we can sing and support them till we go GREEN in the face but that won't change the chairman's choice of manager who picked the team and the players performances on the park.
Calderwood would have never been my first choice but he is there and we will have to wait and see what he can do or who he can bring in over the next eleven days to improve the squad.
He has brought in Championship players who should be able to compete quite comfortably in this league. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
21-08-2011, 10:44 AM
I feel you pain Tooley.... Not into boycotting, but AGM should be a great time to start a no confidence in the Board campaign..... Not that the Board will bother, they think they are doing a great job unfortunately.............Therein lies the problem

How many times have Petrie and Co been put under pressure to leave in the last few years and they are still here. What makes people think he will go now? I remember the situation at the end of the Ayr replay when a mob of fans were shouting directly at RP and Co in the Stand" Petrie must go, Petrie Petrie GTF and sack the board" and it was all water off a ducks back. I dont think Petries too worried TBO

staunchhibby
21-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Whats the point in a boycott.They already have our money from the season tickets

Ed De Gramo
21-08-2011, 02:12 PM
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
GGTTH

Boycot games? nae chance....