PDA

View Full Version : So who do you bring in...

Liberal Hibby
20-08-2011, 10:12 PM
... and how long do you give them to turn things around?

I'm not convinced by all the calls for CC's head. We've had almost as many managers as Hearts over the past few years and each time we end up with a revolving player door at the transfer window. If you want to develop young footballing talent surely stability off the field is important? I think the board have decided to back CC for exactly this reason and unless results are completely dire will let him get on with it.

But I may be convinced if there's a credible case for a change.

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 10:23 PM
If we keep Calderwood, there's a very high chance that we'll be a first division club 12 months from now.

It's all very well wanting to have stability but all the signs are pointing towards us being involved in a relegation scrap this year and, right now, I wouldn't bet against us coming bottom.

21 defeats in 36 competitive matches is not acceptable and will only mean one thing.

joe breezy
20-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Bring in someone who has £100 million to blow on a Scottish football club first as without a better budget I'm not sure we will get much better

Franck Stanton
20-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Bring in someone who has £100 million to blow on a Scottish football club first as without a better budget I'm not sure we will get much better

Would be great if that were to happen, but lets get real here, just isn't ever going to happen, so we just have to get on with it. Results/performances are , well, just crap and definately not acceptable and need to be sorted NOW. Starting with a convincing win on Tuesday and I will accept a,- nae hope and pray for a dirty, scrappy, [even lucky] win against the ****mies at the weekend and kick on from there. Signing a decent r/b prior to Sunday would be a massive step forward towards this IMO

NorthfieldHibee
20-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Michael O'Neill,

Doing a great job with Shamrock Rovers at the moment and earned a credible draw against Partizan Belgrade on Thursday night, plus he's an ex- hibee

Just A Thought

NOLA
21-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Michael O'Neill,

Doing a great job with Shamrock Rovers at the moment and earned a credible draw against Partizan Belgrade on Thursday night, plus he's an ex- hibee

Just A Thought
i woudnt be against michael coming back here, though im sure many would jump on the "another ex player,cheap option" scenario, we have to get the next manager position spot on, or i fear for our long term standing in this league, saying that, calderwood is still the man in the dugout,

Hermit Crab
21-08-2011, 02:50 AM

I'm not convinced by all the calls for CC's head. We've had almost as many managers as Hearts over the past few years and each time we end up with a revolving player door at the transfer window. If you want to develop young footballing talent surely stability off the field is important? I think the board have decided to back CC for exactly this reason and unless results are completely dire will let him get on with it.

Who do you bring in?? Someone who cares about the club and where things are going. Not many candidates im affraid

HKhibby
21-08-2011, 04:31 AM
i would get rid if calderwood in a flash and go for strachan , i dont think there is a question if he would come to Hibs or bot, but would Petrie pay the money he would probably want?

sunshine1875
21-08-2011, 07:20 AM
It has to be an experienced manager (rules out Michael O'Neill), someone who knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal. I think we need stability, someone who will not be off as soon as there is a better offer (rules out Strachan).

It will also be someone who is out of work at this moment in time. It has to be someone who has experienced the good and the bad - there is no point going for someone like O'Neill who has had a relatively short and easy transition into football management, then expect him to sort out the problem that is Hibernian.

Experienced manager that will not be off when there is a better offer, someone out of work at this moment in time, experienced the good and the bad................ applications to Rod Petrie, Hibernian Football Club............

joe breezy
21-08-2011, 07:25 AM
What about Danny Lennon? Heard St Mirren played quite well tactically yesterday but apparently he thought they could have done better....

The Falcon
21-08-2011, 07:27 AM
It has to be an experienced manager (rules out Michael O'Neill), someone who knows how to get the best out of the players at his disposal. I think we need stability, someone who will not be off as soon as there is a better offer (rules out Strachan).

It will also be someone who is out of work at this moment in time. It has to be someone who has experienced the good and the bad - there is no point going for someone like O'Neill who has had a relatively short and easy transition into football management, then expect him to sort out the problem that is Hibernian.

Experienced manager that will not be off when there is a better offer, someone out of work at this moment in time, experienced the good and the bad................ applications to Rod Petrie, Hibernian Football Club............

You have basically ruled out every manager in the game :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Any manager who has the slightest idea on how to manage a struggling football team would set the team up to be stuffy and hard to beat. he's managed the stuffy bit.

hibsbollah
21-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Romanov?

lucky
21-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Its at the stage now where we need to change and bring in anyone, CC's team is shocking and his record is worse.

gobragh1875
21-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Alex Miller at least he knew how to set out a defence

RickyS
21-08-2011, 10:01 AM
i want a manager who has had their team perform above their budget, Derek McIness, or Stuart McCall do that

Lofarl
21-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Start with getting rid of Petrie first.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Jim & Billy are looking for a job!:wink:

Zorro
21-08-2011, 10:24 AM
I would like a manager who wants to be the manager at Hibs, and I don't think that applies to CC by all accounts.

When he had his bag of sweets moment I understood. It's only human to want to see what your career options are. But there has to be a time to make a decision, and I don't think that decision was ever made - it's almost like he has continued to be manager at ER simply due to the fact that the compensation was not agreed for him to become assistant under McLaren.

If he does not want to be here, that is his decision. I'm not going to abuse him for that. But if that IS the case, then the longer he stays here, the more negative impact it has on the running of the club, and that is damaging and disrespectful to the club, his employers and employees, and the fans.

I really wanted him to stay but the more I hear from him, the more disinterested he sounds. What happens when he goes I don't know, as I agree we cannot keep on with the constant changing of managers.

What we need and want in my opinion is a manager who not only wants to be here but has the talent to live up to the not unrealistic expectations of a top six finish and some cup runs as a basic goal, and build on from that.

franck sauzee
21-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Jim & Billy are looking for a job!:wink: I think we should give cc a bit more time, we do have a lot of injuries/unfit players at the moment. If he were to go I'd go for jj, thought we should have went for him before we took yogi on, proven spl manager, can spot a good player for cheap. Maybe he wouldn't come to us though

hibiedude
21-08-2011, 10:36 AM
As I said on another thread bringing in another Manager is only papering over the cracks- we need changes at the very top

EVENTUALLY
21-08-2011, 10:41 AM
As I said on another thread bringing in another Manager is only papering over the cracks- we need changes at the very top

It's hard to argue against changes at the top so far as managerial appointments are concerned but another manager is essential right now. CC must go asap. Bring in Bollan from Livi.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm not advocating getting rid of Calderwood and I'll post more about it in depth if and when I can be ersed, but if we were to make a change, I'm going to run out the room quickly to put my tin hat on whilst shouting out the name of Jimmy Calderwood.

Hopefully when I return to the room his past management record will be scrutinised and you'll see that he's more than a satsuma in a tracksuit.

sunshine1875
21-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm not advocating getting rid of Calderwood and I'll post more about it in depth if and when I can be ersed, but if we were to make a change, I'm going to run out the room quickly to put my tin hat on whilst shouting out the name of Jimmy Calderwood.

Hopefully when I return to the room his past management record will be scrutinised and you'll see that he's more than a satsuma in a tracksuit.

Experienced manager that will not be off when there is a better offer, someone out of work at this moment in time, experienced the good and the bad..............Jimmy Calderwood is the person that I had in mind when I wrote this.

iwasthere1972
21-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Jim & Billy are looking for a job!:wink:

Jedward will be available when Big Brother ends. :aok:

TheMentalHibees
21-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Well the last 2 have been pretty dire...

Since90+2
21-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Jimmy Calderwood :wink:

AustinHibee
21-08-2011, 11:25 AM
If, and this is a big if,CC goes then surely there are only two men for the job.
Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown.They have a proven record of getting success at a
club with very little resources (Kilmarnock) and a group of players of average ability (Hearts).
I know some will never accept them because of their past with Hearts,but there can be no denying
there ability to get a bunch of players playing for the jersey which we sadly lack.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2011, 11:32 AM
If, and this is a big if,CC goes then surely there are only two men for the job.
club with very little resources (Kilmarnock) and a group of players of average ability (Hearts).
I know some will never accept them because of their past with Hearts,but there can be no denying
there ability to get a bunch of players playing for the jersey which we sadly lack.

He's about as tactically aware as a beanbag though.

lucky
21-08-2011, 11:38 AM

4 posts and talking up FJK. away back to keekback

AustinHibee
21-08-2011, 11:44 AM
4 posts and talking up FJK. away back to keekback
I may only have 4 posts but have been following Hibs home and away for 45 years.
p.s. what is keekback?

iwasthere1972
21-08-2011, 11:45 AM
I may only have 4 posts but have been following Hibs home and away for 45 years.
p.s. what is keekback?

:hilarious

TonyMontana1875
22-08-2011, 12:10 AM
We need someone committed to the cause because at this point in time cc just looks uninterested.

As for calls for Fat Jim, no ****ing thanks. I hate the man with a passion. Regarded as a HoMoFoC legend ect blah blah. NO thanks in any shape or form. He is a ****.

Experiance yes, Fat Hearts *******o, no.