PDA

View Full Version : Negativity of Easter Road

cjward2
20-08-2011, 08:39 PM
People called for Tony Mowbury to leave because all we did was pass the ball and could not deliver the goods in the final third of the pitch, and we failed to get silverware.

Enter JC. We win silverware, but he loses the dressing room, signs crap players, does not relate to our lads well and refuses to make the right decisions about subs and when to use them. Fans wanted him gone

Enter Mixu. Poor stripng of results for the most part, signs crap players, did not manage well and fans wanted him out.

Enter Yogi. Fan favorite, Hibs fan, but naive, poor signings (a claim against every manager pretty much), makes poor substitutions, sets out the team in the wrong formations, all talk and no muscle, fans want him out.

Enter CC. Sought after by teams in the EPL, but cannot get the wins, players just not playing to their potential, fans want him gone.

Sooooooo...

I'm getting sick and tired of the revolving door at Hibs. While not as bad at Tynie, we seem to never settle on a manager who can make us fans happy (which I believe is not possible), and achieve results.
Do we give our managers enough time. How much time is enough? 10 months, 2 seasons? I don't know.
Hearts have had a revolving door and yet they might be doing better at winning games than we are (forgetting Thursday's embarrassment).

What I end up really wondering is if there is a negativity that has been, and may always be at Easter Road that prevents us from rising up and being successful. The fans go from chanting CC Green and White army, to booing in the space of 30 minutes and 2 goals.
If we were all happy clappers, would things improve?
If we were all doom and gloomers would things improve?

Should CC face the fans and explain what his plans are, frustrations that he has to deal with are and allow the fans to ask questions so he can address us. He knows more about football than any/many of us and surely sets out to home successful, so why is he not?

If he did walk, who would we get, and who would want to come and try out managing Hibs???

I love Hibs, but it's so frustrating to see what is going on with out team, and our fans. I'm jus t not sure that getting rid of CC is the ring choice. Do we need to be happy clappers, re-energize the 12th man, realize that it is always darkest before the dawn. Is being optimistic more helpful to the team than the pessimism that so many of us have.

Don't know the answers, just wish my team were doing better.:confused:

crash
20-08-2011, 09:00 PM
People called for Tony Mowbury to leave because all we did was pass the ball and could not deliver the goods in the final third of the pitch, and we failed to get silverware.

Enter JC. We win silverware, but he loses the dressing room, signs crap players, does not relate to our lads well and refuses to make the right decisions about subs and when to use them. Fans wanted him gone

Enter Mixu. Poor stripng of results for the most part, signs crap players, did not manage well and fans wanted him out.

Enter Yogi. Fan favorite, Hibs fan, but naive, poor signings (a claim against every manager pretty much), makes poor substitutions, sets out the team in the wrong formations, all talk and no muscle, fans want him out.

Enter CC. Sought after by teams in the EPL, but cannot get the wins, players just not playing to their potential, fans want him gone.

Sooooooo...

I'm getting sick and tired of the revolving door at Hibs. While not as bad at Tynie, we seem to never settle on a manager who can make us fans happy (which I believe is not possible), and achieve results.
Do we give our managers enough time. How much time is enough? 10 months, 2 seasons? I don't know.
Hearts have had a revolving door and yet they might be doing better at winning games than we are (forgetting Thursday's embarrassment).

What I end up really wondering is if there is a negativity that has been, and may always be at Easter Road that prevents us from rising up and being successful. The fans go from chanting CC Green and White army, to booing in the space of 30 minutes and 2 goals.

Should CC face the fans and explain what his plans are, frustrations that he has to deal with are and allow the fans to ask questions so he can address us. He knows more about football than any/many of us and surely sets out to home successful, so why is he not?

If he did walk, who would we get, and who would want to come and try out managing Hibs???

I love Hibs, but it's so frustrating to see what is going on with out team, and our fans. I'm jus t not sure that getting rid of CC is the ring choice. Do we need to be happy clappers, re-energize the 12th man, realize that it is always darkest before the dawn. Is being optimistic more helpful to the team than the pessimism that so many of us have.

Youre talking garbage if you say the fans were calling for TM or JC to leave. Its not a case of being optimistic or pessimistic, its about being realistic. Hibs should be a top four club with European football qualification, and a progressive attacking outlook on football. Under Calderwood we are a bottom four club playing the most negative football in the SPL. Sorry but not good enough.

SneakersO'Toole
20-08-2011, 09:33 PM
The reason why fans are negetive or show no patience is because of decades of under-achievement.

The constant through everything you have mentioned above is Rod Petrie. Consistently made bad decisions. Either through appointing the wrong manager or not giving said manager enough time (or a combination of both).

Bottom line is that we are regressing as a club. Supporters are abandoning the club in their droves. Root and branch review involving wholesale changes is required unless CC can perform miracles in the next few weeks.

The fans will always be the lifeblood of this club but they are sick fed up of a club that embraces and nuturers mediocrity. The ball is in the court of the club IMO.

Ants
20-08-2011, 09:49 PM
The reason why fans are negetive or show no patience is because of decades of under-achievement.

The constant through everything you have mentioned above is Rod Petrie. Consistently made bad decisions. Either through appointing the wrong manager or not giving said manager enough time (or a combination of both).

Bottom line is that we are regressing as a club. Supporters are abandoning the club in their droves. Root and branch review involving wholesale changes is required unless CC can perform miracles in the next few weeks.

The fans will always be the lifeblood of this club but they are sick fed up of a club that embraces and nuturers mediocrity. The ball is in the court of the club IMO.

For the assistance of Mr Fife Hyland and the other directors who walk around with their head up their ass, highlighted the pertainant points of a well constructed and factual post.

marinello59
20-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I thought the fans were pretty good today. True singing was minimal but after last week who really felt like singing? Of course people gave vent to their feelings at half time because we had flung a lead away but generally people remained supportive even during that abysmmal second half. The booing at the end was only to be expected. The team and CC got off lightly today IMHO.

matty_f
20-08-2011, 10:11 PM
I thought the fans were pretty good today. True singing was minimal but after last week who really felt like singing? Of course people gave vent to their feelings at half time because we had flung a lead away but generally people remained supportive even during that abysmmal second half. The booing at the end was only to be expected. The team and CC got off lightly today IMHO.

:agree:

pacorosssco
20-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Sooooooo...

so more questions than answers

revolving door is bad but after backing bad choices do you back another?

again more questions than answers

nortonhibby
20-08-2011, 10:32 PM

we need srap on now

Sooooooo...

strap on now

joe breezy
20-08-2011, 10:38 PM
He's not talking garbage I remember people saying I'm no going back whilst Collins is here and there were a fair few gripes about Mowbray too (not quite 'Mowbray out' but not far from it)

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2011, 10:39 PM
The comment about people wanting Mowbray to leave because we passed the ball too much is complete horsefeathers, but it made me laugh out loud on a fairly depressing day.

joe breezy
20-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Was it not Mowbray's substitutions or lack of that was the criticism? I'm sure he used to make changes with 5 minutes left when it was too late