PDA

View Full Version : What is lacking in the Hibs players?

thebakerboy
20-08-2011, 07:33 PM
What is lacking in the Hibs players IMHO is fitness , organisation , and speed of thought and action . Firstly fitness apart from Garry O who despite not looking fit when he signed ran himself into the ground for whole 90 mins and Ozzy who hasn't had a preseason and therefore cannot be expected to be up to match fitness (why did it take 10 mins. to get him off when he was staggering about after 2nd. head knock?) non of the team look as fit as their opponents. Next organisation , what organisation none of the players seem to know or be able to understand how to defend corners and freekicks and they don't seem to know how to take them either. As for speed of thought and action both today at ER and last week at Rugby Park we were 2nd. to everything , the opposition seemed to think quicker and run faster than all the Hibs players. What is the answer well I don't know so maybe we should ask the Manager. But then isn't that already his job???????:confused::confused::confused:

greenlex
20-08-2011, 07:46 PM
What is lacking in the Hibs players IMHO is fitness , organisation , and speed of thought and action . Firstly fitness apart from Garry O who despite not looking fit when he signed ran himself into the ground for whole 90 mins and Ozzy who hasn't had a preseason and therefore cannot be expected to be up to match fitness (why did it take 10 mins. to get him off when he was staggering about after 2nd. head knock?) non of the team look as fit as their opponents. Next organisation , what organisation none of the players seem to know or be able to understand how to defend corners and freekicks and they don't seem to know how to take them either. As for speed of thought and action both today at ER and last week at Rugby Park we were 2nd. to everything , the opposition seemed to think quicker and run faster than all the Hibs players. What is the answer well I don't know so maybe we should ask the Manager. But then isn't that already his job???????:confused::confused::confused:
This was a big worry for me. I reckon it was longer than ten minutes. He was beginning to flag even before that.

ronaldo7
20-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Fight, Determination, Passion, Skill, Guile, HIBERNIANISATION.

thebakerboy
20-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Fight, Determination, Passion, Skill, Guile, HIBERNIANISATION.

THIS:agree::agree:

hibee1994
20-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Confidence, Communication, Awareness, Vision, Passing, Teamwork, Playmaker, a RB

Shall i go on....

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Confidence, Communication, Awareness, Vision, Passing, Teamwork, Playmaker, a RB

Shall i go on....

Passion, desire, hunger, pride, skill.......

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Ability and confidence.

Moulin Yarns
21-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Accuracy in front of goal if the BBC statistics for yesterday are to be believed.

1 shot on target and 8 shots of target speaks volumes to me. It shows that chances are being created, but very few are bothering the opposition goalkeepers.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Creativity, who do we have? With that midfield we wont create much over the course of a season. And with that defense you know w

jarre1875
21-08-2011, 11:21 AM
All of the above and a manager who cant get his ass of the fence

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Creativity, who do we have? With that midfield we wont create much over the course of a season. And with that defense you know we will lose goals. Watching st mirren pass the ball through midfield was scary when you consider we couldn't and our team costs much more. Hoofball was our tactics yesterday, and have been for a while.

hibbymark
21-08-2011, 11:29 AM
A leader. As dislikable a player as Goodwin is for St .mirren he is the type of player we have lacked for years. Thought he stood out a mile yesterday.

whiskyhibby
21-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Creativity, who do we have? With that midfield we wont create much over the course of a season. And with that defense you know we will lose goals. Watching st mirren pass the ball through midfield was scary when you consider we couldn't and our team costs much more. Hoofball was our tactics yesterday, and have been for a while.

Your right other thanIvan making the odd foray in from the touchline in the 1st half, we dont seem to have a midfield playmaker, that coupled with our obsession in getting wingers putting in crosses ( to who exactly..........), GOC is a fine striker who could score a bucket load but he needs the ball to feet from midfield, not a hoofed clearance from defence!!

iwasthere1972
21-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Accuracy in front of goal if the BBC statistics for yesterday are to be believed.

1 shot on target and 8 shots of target speaks volumes to me. It shows that chances are being created, but very few are bothering the opposition goalkeepers.

Exactly.

A target measuring 8 feet x 24 feet. You could understand it if we were shooting from the half way line but these missed chances are by large from just outside the penalty box and even inside it.

Forget about East Mains and get them out on the streets of Leith practising with a tennis ball and coats for goalposts.

Alfred E Newman
21-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Ability, passion , pace and leadership.

RIP
21-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Son Cammy (13) who played his heart oot for Crieff Juniors in the morning wants to see a better workrate and attitude from midfield.

Spoony is the worst offender and the fact that he plays week in week out is a sad indictment of how thin our squad is

Ian Murray was doing almost everybody's job for them yesterday - wish he would kick ass more

(((Fergus)))
21-08-2011, 12:54 PM
The manager sets the tone. He doesn't know whether he wants to be here. The players reflect this lack of commitment and increasingly the fans do too - hence the empty spaces.

joebakerforever
21-08-2011, 01:07 PM
If you watched Spurs demolishing the Yams, apart from the gap in quality, there appeared to be a similar gulf in fitness levels with Tottenham outmuscling and outrunning the Gorgie Goons.

Sadly we cannot be smug about Hibs fitness levels, because imo since Roger Propos, brought in by JC, left, we appear to be the least fit side in the SPL, despite having first class training facilities at East Main available.

SneakersO'Toole
21-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Mentally we lack so attributes its scary. I feel this is a product of years of mediocrity being accepted throughout the club, from top to bottom.

We don't breed winners. We breed bottle merchants who lose all belief, confidence and fight as soon as something goes against them.

Bobo
21-08-2011, 05:14 PM
For me, on the playing side of things, orginisation, application and self belief are the main things that are missing.

However, a general malaise has set in throughout the club that has affected everyone from Boardroom & Management to Players and Supporters. There's no positivity from any quarter and we're all collectively guilty of pulling our club down. The negativity that surrounds everything leaves us at a disadvantage before the players have even kicked a ball! Maybe if we start talking our team up a bit they'll start living up to our aspirations?

We all know we should have been watching a better team than the last 3 seasons have produced so our new squad and manager need to now roll up their sleeves and prove they're capable of producing better, while we as supporters should do just that .... SUPPORT THEM without destroying ourselves from within with all our negativity when things are going wrong.

I'm one of the biggest moaners and a glass half empty type so I'm probably worse than most and gonna try shutting my gob from now on as it doesn't make things any better. :lips seal

Hibs Class
21-08-2011, 05:33 PM
There's a saying that hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard. Our team lacks talent and doesn't make up for that by working hard enough. I criticised Hearts performance against Spurs by noting they were gutless and lacked passion. I don't think we were as bad as that yesterday but I didn't see us working as hard to press and close down as we could have done. I saw a post earlier that Scott coming on delivered more urgency and I agree that he did. When we don't have the ball the first thing we should be doing is trying to win it back.

(((Fergus)))
21-08-2011, 05:37 PM
For me, on the playing side of things, orginisation, application and self belief are the main things that are missing.

However, a general malaise has set in throughout the club that has affected everyone from Boardroom & Management to Players and Supporters. There's no positivity from any quarter and we're all collectively guilty of pulling our club down. The negativity that surrounds everything leaves us at a disadvantage before the players have even kicked a ball! Maybe if we start talking our team up a bit they'll start living up to our aspirations?

We all know we should have been watching a better team than the last 3 seasons have produced so our new squad and manager need to now roll up their sleeves and prove they're capable of producing better, while we as supporters should do just that .... SUPPORT THEM without destroying ourselves from within with all our negativity when things are going wrong.

I'm one of the biggest moaners and a glass half empty type so I'm probably worse than most and gonna try shutting my gob from now on as it doesn't make things any better. :lips seal

It's hard to mouth support if your heart is not in it but that suggestion is a great place to start.

Tyler Durden
21-08-2011, 05:48 PM
A leader. As dislikable a player as Goodwin is for St .mirren he is the type of player we have lacked for years. Thought he stood out a mile yesterday.

It was clear that he was running the midfield for the majority of the game and yet CC did nothing to counter this. Given Thornhill's position as an advanced midfielder you'd have expected him to have some impact to nullify Goodwin but was nowhere to be seen. Calderwood could have asked him to simply mark Goodwin and stop him getting the supply to their ball players but that instruction didn't seem to come.

Thornhill's inclusion/role has to be addressed asap if we're sticking with this formation. He's slow to anticipate flick ons and doesn't take up particularly threatening positions to get himself on the ball either. In short, he just doesn't seem capable of playing that position. Get him back in a straight forward central midfield role and maybe we'll see a difference. His contribution to date is up there with EDG. Just one of several players offering nothing at the moment.

Expecting Rain
22-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Composure and urgency in certain situations, passion,organisation, technique, bottle,football intelligence and BELIEF!

hibsbollah
22-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Balloons.