PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get passmarks from today's debacle?

hibsbollah
20-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Who gets pass marks?

ADGRPID:805796|SERVTYPE:4
http://view.atdmt.com/I90/view/346447394/direct/01/126099676684531543 (http://pixel.mathtag.com/click/img?mt_aid=126099676684531543&mt_id=124365&mt_adid=101264&mt_uuid=4d8c8c7a-ae96-790c-e688-2d089927f96d&redirect=http://clk.atdmt.com/I90/go/346447394/direct/01/126099676684531543)

I thought Osborne looked encouraging. Very calm and composed. But clearly not ready for the 90 minutes yet.
Ivan ran at people first half and looked like he cared. Only player to applaud the East at full time.
Garry O'Connor took his goal brilliantly and wasn't as bad as some out there.
Murray. Dragged his knackered knees around to at least make some effort second half.

The rest. Absolutely rotten. Hanlon, Booth, Wotherspoon are young, yes, but they were all terrible from start to finish. We are going to burn out these lads if we're not careful. The 451 formation at home and Garry being so isolated was a disaster.

Im generally a bit of a happy clapper where Hibs are concerned but i'm totally despondent tonight. The derby could be a nightmare.

Hibs Class
20-08-2011, 06:31 PM
O'Connor for a start,

Hibs Class
20-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I also thought Booth had a decent first half going forward. However as well as his mistake for the goal he also got caught in possession a couple of times. He needs to learn when to clear the ball rather than try to play his way out and he also has to work on using his right foot for more than just standing on.

Broken Gnome
20-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Galbraith was pretty good when he came on - has half a footballing brain, direct and good crossing. Osborne by and large looked decent. Callum was alright barring his mistake. O'Connor made the most out of a thankless task to do well before his head went down. Stack didn't do badly because he didn't have anything to do.

The rest.... Ugh. I would like to go a few weeks without seeing David Wotherspoon's embarrassingly half-@rsed attempts at tracking back for one.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Booth got pass marks. No one else. Goodwin was the MOTM. Kept the ball moving for the Saints.

PolmontHibby
20-08-2011, 07:01 PM
For sure O'Connor.......and possibly Stack.

As for the rest......I would swap any of them for their opposite number from St Mirren.............and that includes Van Zanten.

Ray_
20-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Who gets pass marks?

ADGRPID:805796|SERVTYPE:4
http://view.atdmt.com/I90/view/346447394/direct/01/126099676684531543 (http://pixel.mathtag.com/click/img?mt_aid=126099676684531543&mt_id=124365&mt_adid=101264&mt_uuid=4d8c8c7a-ae96-790c-e688-2d089927f96d&redirect=http://clk.atdmt.com/I90/go/346447394/direct/01/126099676684531543)

I thought Osborne looked encouraging. Very calm and composed. But clearly not ready for the 90 minutes yet.
Ivan ran at people first half and looked like he cared. Only player to applaud the East at full time.
Garry O'Connor took his goal brilliantly and wasn't as bad as some out there.
Murray. Dragged his knackered knees around to at least make some effort second half.

The rest. Absolutely rotten. Hanlon, Booth, Wotherspoon are young, yes, but they were all terrible from start to finish. We are going to burn out these lads if we're not careful. The 451 formation at home and Garry being so isolated was a disaster.

Im generally a bit of a happy clapper where Hibs are concerned but i'm totally despondent tonight. The derby could be a nightmare.

In a Hibs strip, so was Brownlie, Blackley, Sheadler, Cropley & Duncan and you can add many more to that list.

Capt Mainwaring
20-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd give Stack , Sproule and O'Connor the benefit of my doubt today. Murray tries but is too slow and with not enough technique to play midfield. Booth is a player but needs a rest - he's overplayed and needs a rest.

The rest are a mix bag of inept, non trying, lazy, non caring, imposters - tick as applicable.

As for the manager? He's not got a f****** clue. Debatable qualities as a coach - unquestionably not a manager in a million years. Considering the defensive calamity at Kilmarnock last week - how the hell did he reason that it was appropriate to play the same back four again!!

In summary - an absolute shambles.

PS - Ladbrookes had Stevenson on their team line up in their booth in West Stand Lower. I nearly walked out there and then!

shamo9
20-08-2011, 07:48 PM
I felt Sproule, Wotherspoon, O'Connor, Booth, Osbourne and even Murray weren't too bad in patches.

Sproule caused a fair few problems purely through his endeavour. Wotherspoon and Booth also showed in periods that they possess qualities going forward to beat players out wide (albiet their delivery from set pieces is dire every single time). One particular highlight was Wotherspoon's ball for Sproule after he had cut inside, nice little reverse and should've really been a goal.

O'Connor did his job. Murray came on to a game when the match lost its shape and really got stuck in, Osbourne too was quiet but looked like a pacy enforcer that is better than what we have already.

The glaring thing to me is that we just don't have a 'footballer' in the middle of the park. O'Connor, Booth, Wotherspoon and Sproule can make all the runs they fancy; Murray and Osbourne can battle, drive and win the ball a hundred times over, but if there's no one there to pick up the scraps and deliver a telling ball we just don't go... anywhere - except backwards to Stack!

I thought Thornhill could be that player but not only does he look unfit, he has about as much impact on the play as Brian Kerr. We've got Osbourne, Stevenson, Palsson, Scott and Murray; they are all very samey, uninspired midfielders. If we're to do anything we need a guy with a bit of imagination and presence to compliment one or two of the above mentioned players. Wotherspoon appears to be the only guy in the current first team who could possibly do a job in there, although his decision making needs a lot of work.

Solution: buy a midfielder of the type we desperately need, even St Mirren managed to get Gary Teale, and a couple of experienced defenders to shore up a defence that seems like it's currently being held together by sticky tape. We've got enough young players with potential to last us for quite some time, no more please.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Galbraith was pretty good when he came on - has half a footballing brain, direct and good crossing. Osborne by and large looked decent. Callum was alright barring his mistake. O'Connor made the most out of a thankless task to do well before his head went down. Stack didn't do badly because he didn't have anything to do.

The rest.... Ugh. I would like to go a few weeks without seeing David Wotherspoon's embarrassingly half-@rsed attempts at tracking back for one.

Except he has the heart of a chicken Richey. Does not like the physical stuff and pulled out of several 50/50's

Now Ian Murray, there's a fine example for young Danny to follow. Written off by many as finished I'd argue if we had a few more like him in our side we wouldn't be losing games so easily :agree: