PDA

View Full Version : Inverness and the Happy Clappers!

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Just a thought...

Hope all the doom and gloomerers (me included) renewed their season tickets after emphatically beating Inverness!

Just a thought...

Cropley10
20-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Just a thought...

Hope all the doom and gloomerers (me included) renewed their season tickets after emphatically beating Inverness!

Just a thought...

Where are the happy clappers now? I challenge anyone to defend that today. One shot on target? None in the second half that I can recall.

It's gone from bad to worse.

BoltonHibee
20-08-2011, 05:37 PM
I think they are away at Rods weekly brainwashing session

IWasThere2016
20-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Aye - it is grim! CC has to turn it around quickly or he and RP should go!

We need a RB - it is an ESSENTIAL!! Fit players - especially upfront - and results soon!

I'm still backing CC - but things have to pick up toot sweet.

sunshine1875
20-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Where are the happy clappers now? I challenge anyone to defend that today. One shot on target? None in the second half that I can recall.

Hey, Mikey. How do you defend that?

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-08-2011, 07:21 PM
The Yammish ones underpants must be sticky already!

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey, Mikey. How do you defend that?

Noticed a few people have been mentioning Mikey today? Why him in particular? Geniune (sp) question..

ronaldo7
20-08-2011, 07:39 PM

If they could defend that, they'd be in the team. Another bad day at the "Back Office".

franks
20-08-2011, 07:40 PM
OK what is a happy clapper? I go to ER every week, I invested in a 3 year season ticket with cup top up. I support my team every match but am not happy with what I see. I do not overly criticise my team at the match but will speak my mind in the pub after. I have been going to ER now for 51 years.

Am I a happy clapper?

ronaldo7
20-08-2011, 07:47 PM
OK what is a happy clapper? I go to ER every week, I invested in a 3 year season ticket with cup top up. I support my team every match but am not happy with what I see. I do not overly criticise my team at the match but will speak my mind in the pub after. I have been going to ER now for 51 years.

Am I a happy clapper?

You are Me Frank........................Sick as a parrot on a Saturday when we get gubbed by St Mirren at home, or anyone else for that matter. Don't take it to Hibs mate. :aok:

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Am I a happy clapper?

The happy clapper or hibernius conformitus luvboardis, are the faction of the support that named the concerned many doom and gloomers.

forgot to mention, they are the uberfan who forget some where going to games before they were even thought about...

BEEJ
20-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Really don't see what threads like this are designed to achieve.

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Really don't see what threads like this are designed to achieve.

Well why bother contributing?

Look back after the Inverness game and some of the comments directed towards the doom and gloomers as well as some of the arrogance and shortsightedness displayed.

BEEJ
20-08-2011, 08:07 PM

Look back after the Inverness game and some of the comments directed towards the doom and gloomers as well as some of the arrogance and shortsightedness displayed.
I don't need to .....

... I commented similarly on those threads.

Pointless GIRFUY threads, out to prove a personal point and nothing else. IMHO :wink:

Dinkydoo
20-08-2011, 08:08 PM
So if you are an optimist then you are a 'Happy Clapper' and if you are a realist who just so happens to focus on the negative aspects of each game - probably more out of concern than anything else - then you are a 'Doom and Gloomer'..........

These point scoring threads are pretty pathetic to be honest.

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 09:01 PM
So if you are an optimist then you are a 'Happy Clapper' and if you are a realist who just so happens to focus on the negative aspects of each game - probably more out of concern than anything else - then you are a 'Doom and Gloomer'..........

These point scoring threads are pretty pathetic to be honest.

Wasn't about point scoring! At the time is was about being cautious instead of getting carried away. However, some took it as a sign and really had a go at others of a more concerned nature calling them non hibees, glory hunters and such like.

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 09:02 PM
I hate these Giruy threads, they are ****ing pathetic, we are all Hibs fans ffs, people are bloody boasting because we have lost:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Wasn't about point scoring! At the time is was about being cautious instead of getting carried away. However, some took it as a sign and really had a go at others of a more concerned nature calling them non hibees, glory hunters and such like.

Who said that? I disagree with a lot of folk but I dont doubt their credentials (unless it's blindingly obvious like Gazza88 or something). We're all unhappy and we would all like to do better.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2011, 09:38 PM
The thread was titled the doom and gloomers can have a week off. I think its clear who will be having the most time off under this incumbent.

Dinkydoo
20-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Sorry but your post is a bit all over the place and I don't really know what your getting at.

Calling other supporters happy clappers and doom & gloomers is pretty sad IMO.

Creating giruy threads in relation to the above is even sadder though.

Edit: how ****ing annoying is it that the word incumbent has now become somewhat of a cult craze?!?!?!?!?

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry but your post is a bit all over the place and I don't really know what your getting at.

Calling other supporters happy clappers and doom & gloomers is pretty sad IMO.

Creating giruy threads in relation to the above is even sadder though.

Whatever you want to think. It is a forum after all!

Dinkydoo
20-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Whatever you want to think. It is a forum after all!

Your opinion is yours after all but
I was asking what your point was, as I obviously missed it.

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Your opinion is yours after all but
I was asking what your point was, as I obviously missed it.

Point was/is: after the win at Inverness, the happy clappers as they have been named, called out the doom and gloomers (what I have been called) and clearly stated we (doom and gloomers) were hiding. Also that now we had won and made some signings... all the doomers would be in a rush to renew their ST's inferring glory hunters.

So this thread was in response to that particular thread.

hope this helps a bit.

marinello59
20-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Point was/is: after the win at Inverness, the happy clappers as they have been named, called out the doom and gloomers (what I have been called) and clearly stated we (doom and gloomers) were hiding. Also that now we had won and made some signings... all the doomers would be in a rush to renew their ST's inferring glory hunters.

So this thread was in response to a previous thread.

hope this helps a bit.

You are right, that did happen. So you have done the same, so when we win again (damn put myself in the happy clapper camp there :greengrin) the reverse will happen and when we lose etc etc etc. It's the nature of hibs.net.
Personally I hate the whole happy clapper/doom and gloom thing.............most of us have a foot in both camps.

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 10:38 PM
You are right, that did happen. So you have done the same, so when we win again (damn put myself in the happy clapper camp there :greengrin) the reverse will happen and when we lose etc etc etc. It's the nature of hibs.net.
Personally I hate the whole happy clapper/doom and gloom thing.............most of us have a foot in both camps.

Probably right.

greenlex
21-08-2011, 08:22 AM
You are right, that did happen. So you have done the same, so when we win again (damn put myself in the happy clapper camp there :greengrin) the reverse will happen and when we lose etc etc etc. It's the nature of hibs.net. Personally I hate the whole happy clapper/doom and gloom thing.............most of us have a foot in both camps. Yup. We are called "Hammy Clampers"

Hermit Crab
21-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I hate these Giruy threads, they are ****ing pathetic, we are all Hibs fans ffs, people are bloody boasting because we have lost:rolleyes:

It seems some people here are delighted that Hibs lost just to prove a point. Priorities??? :rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
21-08-2011, 08:59 AM

The reality is many of your doom and gloomers wont have actually been at this game, or the last or ICT. As usual it will have been observed on the match day thread, therefore your comments on yesterday carry absolutly no weight what so ever with me.

As for starting a thread to take delighted in fans that were up beat following our first ever win in ICT.....well shame on us....in fact no shame on you.......with Hibs fans like you lot, who really needs derby enemies, you do a far better job of slagging off Hibs than any Jambo i know.

hibiedude
21-08-2011, 09:04 AM
The reality is many of your doom and gloomers wont have actually been at this game, or the last or ICT. As usual it will have been observed on the match day thread, therefore your comments on yesterday carry absolutly no weight what so ever with me.

As for starting a thread to take delighted in fans that were up beat following our first ever win in ICT.....well shame on us....in fact no shame on you.......with Hibs fans like you lot, who really needs derby enemies, you do a far better job of slagging off Hibs than any Jambo i know.

I was at the Caley game and can't say we were the better team but the points made the journey back enjoyable.

I would say I.m a doom and gloomer if i.m honest and I dont slag of Hearts reason being I don't give a toss about that Club -but I do about mine.

I Love Lamp
21-08-2011, 09:10 AM

:agree:

MrSmith
21-08-2011, 09:10 AM

Unfortunately you are the type of fan that started this pish in the first instance.

Arrogance and insults and by the way, I haven't slagged off Hibs and I certainly haven't asked for the manager to be sacked!! You need to think again.

Ray_
21-08-2011, 09:16 AM

It may not carry any weight with you that people are not going yet commenting on how poor the club is, but rest assured, it will be well noticed in the board room.

Your second point, yeah it is everybody else's fault that Hibs are producing a product so poor, over the last three to four years, that its driving customers away. If you join the real world you would have noticed that historically, attendance figures at Hibs football matches are usually linked with performance.

Many people want to spend their £28 or £400 watching Hibs, but found that rather than being entertained they are being frustrated & bored rigid. That may be OK for you, but your clearly lacking something if you expect everybody to share that belief.

Albion Hibs
21-08-2011, 09:19 AM
It may not carry any weight with you that people are not going yet commenting on how poor the club is, but rest assured, it will be well noticed in the board room.

Your second point, yeah it is everybody else's fault that Hibs are producing a product so poor, over the last three to four years, that its driving customers away. If you join the real world you would have noticed that historically, attendance figures at Hibs football matches are usually linked with performance.

Many people want to spend their £28 or £400 watching Hibs, but found that rather than being entertained they are being frustrated & bored rigid. That may be OK for you, but your clearly lacking something if you expect everybody to share that belief.

I am not lacking in anything, other than any form of respect for a fellow supporter that you appear to be reveling in the fact they are a doom and gloomer on the day of a defeat. With "oh aye not so cocky as you were after ICT attitude"....as i said before with sections of our support who needs enemies.

Ray_
21-08-2011, 09:39 AM
I am not lacking in anything, other than any form of respect for a fellow supporter that you appear to be reveling in the fact they are a doom and gloomer on the day of a defeat. With "oh aye not so cocky as you were after ICT attitude"....as i said before with sections of our support who needs enemies.

When we won 3-0 at Ibrox did you think we would have ended 10th & perform as inept as we did, I would have thought that result was better than a win against an extremely poor Inverness side?

Day of defeat?? It has lasted 18 months consistently being stuffed!

If you really thought the victory at Inverness changed anything, that says it all, no need to say anything further!

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 09:46 AM

I attend every match and at this monent in time I am a "doom and gloomer", does my opinion not count then?

Dinkydoo
21-08-2011, 12:32 PM

So this thread was in response to that particular thread.

hope this helps a bit.

Thanks, that patronising response does help.

You've confirmed what I initially thought, this thread is pathetic - petty point scoring which serves no other purpose other than to have a go at other Hibs fans.

Cue the "Well dinny post then" responses.

col02
21-08-2011, 12:41 PM
We are all Hibernian supporters but somewhere along the line on this bloody site it appears you have to be polarised either into one camp or another. Utter bull**** imho! We are all wanting Hibs to do well as a club and that imho is the aim we should all be focussing on!

MrSmith
21-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks, that patronising response does help.

You've confirmed what I initially thought, this thread is pathetic - petty point scoring which serves no other purpose other than to have a go at other Hibs fans.

Cue the "Well dinny post then" responses.

My apologies if you found this patronising. wasn't meant to be. I was only trying to be clear. However the use of the word pathetic would lead me to think you may have an agenda as well?

Dinkydoo
21-08-2011, 12:49 PM
My apologies if you found this patronising. wasn't meant to be. I was only trying to be clear. However the use of the word pathetic would lead me to think you may have an agenda as well?

The only agenda I have in relation to Hibs is supporting them - I'd rather not label fans for having an opinion to be honest.

I'm not going to apologise for thinking a giruy thread is pathetic - it is.

Spike Mandela
21-08-2011, 01:00 PM
The only agenda I have in relation to Hibs is supporting them - I'd rather not label fans for having an opinion to be honest.

I'm not going to apologise for thinking a giruy thread is pathetic - it is.

I have never understood the baiting that goes on here after a win or a defeat:confused:

The Hibs support is surely made up of a raibow of opinions and someone who has negative opinions one week can quite easily have positive opinions the next.

Sure debate opinions but the petty name calling is pointless.

hibee92
21-08-2011, 01:01 PM

:top marks

HibbingtonHibs
21-08-2011, 10:09 PM
We need a third category for the now rapidly expanding "couldnae care lessers".

MrSmith
22-08-2011, 07:31 AM
We need a third category for the now rapidly expanding "couldnae care lessers".

Actually I'm dropping into that category...