PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Franck

Hibiza
20-08-2011, 05:16 PM
why not.

Largshibby
20-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Because if I remember correctly his record as our manager was dire.

horseflesh
20-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I hope you mean as a player not as our next manager? He'd walk into our back four no worries

Perspective
20-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I hope you mean as a player not as our next manager? He'd walk into our back four no worries

We should treat Ian Murray's testimonial as an open trial. If any of the ex-players show up well they should be handed deals there and then.

Hibiza
20-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Franck as manager.

cocopops1875
20-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Close this nonsense

Big_Franck
20-08-2011, 05:59 PM
why not.

:greengrin Eventually, someone talking sense on here :greengrin

I'd love him back, but as part of the coaching staff, not as manager.

just_joe
20-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Sauzee was a bad manager for us theres no doubt about that. IIRC he only lasted 69 days? Makes you wonder why CC still has a job. At least Sauzee cared.

Woody1985
20-08-2011, 06:09 PM
If he's putting blockers on being contacted or involved in the testimonial he's unlikely to come as a coach or manager.

My understanding is that he doesn't want anything more to do with the club. Let it go.

bighairyfaeleith
20-08-2011, 06:40 PM
why not.

Because he is a legend at hibs, why come back and have everyone calling for his head after a few bad games. TBH I don't know why anyone would take the hibs job.

Elephant Stone
20-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Because he is a legend at hibs, why come back and have everyone calling for his head after a few bad games. TBH I don't know why anyone would take the hibs job.

- They'd get to work and live in a brilliant city
- They'd be able to use a bigger budget than most SPL clubs (I hope)
- They'd have the chance to develop exciting young players
- They'd be doing their job in a decent training ground through the week and in a decent stadium on match days
- They'd have an opportunity to get noticed, people who do well at Hibs find no difficulty in moving on.

To name a few of many reasons.

bighairyfaeleith
20-08-2011, 07:15 PM
- They'd get to work and live in a brilliant city
- They'd be able to use a bigger budget than most SPL clubs (I hope)
- They'd have the chance to develop exciting young players
- They'd be doing their job in a decent training ground through the week and in a decent stadium on match days
- They'd have an opportunity to get noticed, people who do well at Hibs find no difficulty in moving on.

To name a few of many reasons.

Cheers rod

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
20-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Cheers rod

:wink:

Don't let a bit of reality get in the way of a good old gloom orgy.

carnoustiehibee
20-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Sauzee was a bad manager for us theres no doubt about that. IIRC he only lasted 69 days? Makes you wonder why CC still has a job. At least Sauzee cared.

Did the board not panic and sack him before the st Johnstone game, if they won (which they did) they stayed up. Then we woulda had a full pre season to use his contacts.

Was abit young so that might be wrong.

Andy74
20-08-2011, 08:09 PM

It's claimed CC couldn't have been expected to manage someone else's team so surely we can never say that Sauzee was a bad manager. We will never know.

DH1875
20-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Anyone who's standing by CC can't honestly have a go at Sauzee. Franck was treated terribly by the club and while it's all about opinions, mines is that he was sacked way to soon.

bighairyfaeleith
20-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Anyone who's standing by CC can't honestly have a go at Sauzee. Franck was treated terribly by the club and while it's all about opinions, mines is that he was sacked way to soon.

Mine as well but he's not going to come back and has never shown any inclination to get into management again

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 08:34 PM
It's claimed CC couldn't have been expected to manage someone else's team so surely we can never say that Sauzee was a bad manager. We will never know.

Fanck seemed to think he didnt have to be there. Had he been at the club when he was supposed to be there he might have done a good job. He wasnt.

joe breezy
20-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I've never been so gutted at a managers dismissal than o
I was that day, I think we would gave stayed up regardless....

Never mind

Franck Stanton
20-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Did the board not panic and sack him before the st Johnstone game, if they won (which they did) they stayed up. Then we woulda had a full pre season to use his contacts.

Was abit young so that might be wrong.

Totally correct mate. Board bottled it BIG TIME

bod
21-08-2011, 11:37 AM
why not.

franck who ?

seven nowt
22-08-2011, 06:46 AM
franck who ?

Are you joking? Franck Sauzee - Massive Hibs legend for many reasons.

bod
22-08-2011, 12:32 PM
well the OP should have made it more clearer :wink:

H18sry
22-08-2011, 01:13 PM
franck who ? :fishin:
:hahaha:

Are you joking? Franck Sauzee - Massive Hibs legend for many reasons.

well the OP should have made it more clearer :wink:

Caught a whopper there matey

Joe Baker II
22-08-2011, 01:32 PM

Was a bit young so that might be wrong.

Yes, totally idiotic decision - Board got what they deserved as the subsequent appointment of Williamson cost us more through reduced crowds over next 2 years than we would have lost even had we got relegated - which even if Hibs had lost to St Johnstone was still improbable.

When one analyses his results Sauzee's only real shocker was Ayr United - sums up the way he was treated that Calderwood was being eulogised by Petrie despite 2 shockers agains an Ayr team a division lower than they were in 2001/02. Though I recognise club officals are real problem and sacking Calderwood will make minimal difference.

allezsauzee
22-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Yes, totally idiotic decision - Board got what they deserved as the subsequent appointment of Williamson cost us more through reduced crowds over next 2 years than we would have lost even had we got relegated - which even if Hibs had lost to St Johnstone was still improbable.

When one analyses his results Sauzee's only real shocker was Ayr United - sums up the way he was treated that Calderwood was being eulogised by Petrie despite 2 shockers agains an Ayr team a division lower than they were in 2001/02. Though I recognise club officals are real problem and sacking Calderwood will make minimal difference.

Bobby Williamson did a great job. Unfortunately for him it was Mowbray that got most of the credit when the likes of Brown, Thomson, Riordan, O'Connor really started to mature.

Andy74
22-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Bobby Williamson did a great job. Unfortunately for him it was Mowbray that got most of the credit when the likes of Brown, Thomson, Riordan, O'Connor really started to mature.

No, not having that!

Firstly Sauzee had to play Riordan and O'Connor, secondly, Williamson only played the others as we had no-one else and in fact he suggested Brown wasn't good enough but we had no-one else to throw him and after that he'd surprised him, thirdly he tried to swap half of them for Bobby Mann, fourthly we were dire to watch and Mowbray showed in his first game in the Intertoto that they could be arranged pretty quickly to pass the ball a wee bit.

Broken Gnome
22-08-2011, 04:42 PM

I nearly fainted reading that. At least we're just about still committed enough to be angry at hows things are. Williamson instilled total apathy and had us playing league games in front of 5k. It's a miracle we got rid of him without having to pay him off.

Still remember him telling all and sundry Brown and Riordan played together all the time after that Aberdeen game. Quickly exposed as total rubbish after one day.

Moulin Yarns
22-08-2011, 04:45 PM
No, not having that!

Firstly Sauzee had to play Riordan and O'Connor, secondly, Williamson only played the others as we had no-one else and in fact he suggested Brown wasn't good enough but we had no-one else to throw him and after that he'd surprised him, thirdly he tried to swap half of them for Bobby Mann, fourthly we were dire to watch and Mowbray showed in his first game in the Intertoto that they could be arranged pretty quickly to pass the ball a wee bit.

That'll be Williamson who was arguably more successful than either Mixu or Yogi

Under John Hughes Played 54, won 19, drawn 12, lost 23 = 69 points (1.28 points per game) Left by mutual consent - fourth

Under Mixu played 62 won 19, drawn 18, lost 25 = 75 points (1.21 points per game) Left by mutual consent

Bobby Williamson played 93, won 34, drawn 21, lost 38 = 123 points (1.32 points per game) resigned- League Cup Final

HibeeMG
22-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Utter shi!te

No, not having that!

..... this.

Pretty much exposes the previous poster for having the same amount of footballing knowledge as Blobby himself.

Dinkydoo
22-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Word is that he doesn't want anything to do with us, and who'd blame him.......

I threw a tantrum big time when he was sacked - I was only a wee boy though - and have never been so devastated about a manager leaving/being sacked since (JC was closest).

Sauzee, there's only one Sauzee.

MCC Hibs
22-08-2011, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=Joe Baker II;2894915]Yes, totally idiotic decision - Board got what they deserved as the subsequent appointment of Williamson cost us more through reduced crowds over next 2 years than we would have lost even had we got relegated - which even if Hibs had lost to St Johnstone was still improbable.

Saw some cracking films during that period!