PDA

View Full Version : Dreading The Derby

Torto7062
20-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Dare I say it but next week could be a reverse of the scoreline from Tynie on Thurs when we go there.

C.C needs to sort it for the good of the club never mind his C.V

:grr:

Westie1875
20-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Dare I say it but next week could be a reverse of the scoreline from Tynie on Thurs when we go there.

I'm actually more confident going into a derby on the back of some bad results, for some strange reason we always seem to do better in that situation when everyone has written us off.

NOLA
20-08-2011, 05:02 PM
i think the likes of murray + goc will ensure we are well up for it, not sure calderwood will be though :rolleyes:

PeterboroHibee
20-08-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm actually more confident going into a derby on the back of some bad results, for some strange reason we always seem to do better in that situation when everyone has written us off.

That does seem to be true but Im still dreading it. We are an absolute shambles, especially at the back, if Hearts are really up for it can see a hammering.

Iggy Pope
20-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Picked up my tickets before the game today. Can't say I'm up for it at all but we'll just have to get on with it. We've been here before, but the team is full of scheisters so bollox knows how we'll cope.

1950's hibbie
20-08-2011, 05:46 PM
We are not good at the back, but neither are Hearts, they had a good draw at Ibrox, lost to Motherwell and Dundee United, and beat a hapless Aberdeen.

The loss to Spurs should be ignored the class gulf is just too wide, a deby is not just another game it takes a brave man to make a really serious prediction anything can and might just happen.

Hibs Class
20-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Good for you - I was expecting a thread like this to be started by a poster with a) 6-2 in their name, b) 7-0 in their name and c) a pathetically low post count. I doubt we'll see a five goal gap between the teams next Sunday but if we did I still reckon Hibs would be the more likely to do so against a Hearts team that is worse than pish.

Springbank
20-08-2011, 06:43 PM
i never did understand this obsession with people's post count.

i think the op raises a legit series of concerns.

from top to toe, i can't think of any of the basics that we get right, except the balance sheet.

can no-one at ER or East Mains remember 2005…pass move mow-an-spl

*sighs*

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 06:45 PM

For some reason I'm the same.. though think we could get beat/draw on tuesday...

bighairyfaeleith
20-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I reckon we'll slaughter the **** at tynie and I cannae wait:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 07:30 PM
For some reason I'm the same.. though think we could get beat/draw on tuesday...

If we get beat (the game HAS to be decided on the night so it can't be a draw) on Tuesday, and go out of the League Cup at home to one of the worst teams in the country, then we absolutely must have a caretaker manager in charge for the derby.

No matter how bad things get in the SPL (and they ARE bad) I cannot see how we will possibly lose to Berwick Rangers. It would just be unthinkable.

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 07:35 PM
If we get beat (the game HAS to be decided on the night so it can't be a draw) on Tuesday, and go out of the League Cup at home to one of the worst teams in the country, then we absolutely must have a caretaker manager in charge for the derby.

No matter how bad things get in the SPL (and they ARE bad) I cannot see how we will possibly lose to Berwick Rangers. It would just be unthinkable.

:agree: I don't know why I just have a bad feeling about Tuesday, I really hope I'm wrong, which I normally am..

hibsbollah
20-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm pinning all my hopes on O'Connor. He's scoring, on form, still class and has scored against the yams for fun in the past.

But CC will undoutedly stick with 451 with Garry isolated. The mudfield five will battle away long enough until the inevitable defensive mistake happens and we go behind. I just hope CC shows some balls and plays Akpo from the start or Ivan through the middle with Garry. I want to see us take the game to them for a ****ing change.

SneakersO'Toole
20-08-2011, 07:44 PM
But CC will undoutedly stick with 451 with Garry isolated.

It's an absolute stick on that we'll play 4-5-1 again.

Hibercelona
20-08-2011, 07:47 PM
We are not good at the back, but neither are Hearts, they had a good draw at Ibrox, lost to Motherwell and Dundee United, and beat a hapless Aberdeen.

The loss to Spurs should be ignored the class gulf is just too wide, a deby is not just another game it takes a brave man to make a really serious prediction anything can and might just happen.

Aberdeen are maybe complete mince, but they still put 3 goals past them.

I don't see us putting more than 1 (2 if we're lucky) against Berwick on tuesday.

Personally I think the derby will be another dull fest consisting of either 0-0, 1-0, but i'm afraid thats me being as optimistic as I can be.

Hiber-nation
20-08-2011, 08:03 PM

I thought it was an awful formation but the depressing thing was we looked ever worse when we switched to 4-4-2.

I don't care who plays and in what formation next Sunday. Just want a respectable performance.

SneakersO'Toole
20-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I thought it was an awful formation but the depressing thing was we looked ever worse when we switched to 4-4-2.

I don't care who plays and in what formation next Sunday. Just want a respectable performance.

Any formation will look terrible when you lack the basics, i.e. pride, leadership, organisation etc.

Next week will tell us so much about these players and whether they have the bottle to act as men. We keep hearing about how we need to learn as a team from our mistakes. Well after 9 wins in 36 games or whatever CC's record is, the time for talking is over.

I don't deny that we are looking poor but Hearts are vunerable also. Team spirit and 'walk over hot coals' dedication will count for a lot in next weeks game. As always, it will come down to who wants it more. If ever we needed a performance to get the fan's back onside (even short term), it would be next week.

The Voice Of Reason
20-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Hearts will be too strong for us and win comfortably. :fuming::boo hoo:

Every other team must love it when they see that they are due to play Hibs. We are relegation fodder.

DH1875
20-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Never say never. Hands up everyone who thought we'd go to Ibrox last year and win 3-0. It's a long shot but anythings possible. That's the beauty of football :thumbsup:.

ronaldo7
20-08-2011, 08:39 PM
i'm pinning all my hopes on o'connor. He's scoring, on form, still class and has scored against the yams for fun in the past.

But cc will undoutedly stick with 451 with garry isolated. The mudfield five will battle away long enough until the inevitable defensive mistake happens and we go behind. I just hope cc shows some balls and plays akpo from the start or ivan through the middle with garry. I want to see us take the game to them for a ****ing change.

halle*****luja

erin go bragh
20-08-2011, 08:43 PM

No chance ,spurs only hit 5 , we done that by half time .
GGTTH

Torto7062
20-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Good for you - I was expecting a thread like this to be started by a poster with a) 6-2 in their name, b) 7-0 in their name and c) a pathetically low post count. I doubt we'll see a five goal gap between the teams next Sunday but if we did I still reckon Hibs would be the more likely to do so against a Hearts team that is worse than pish.

:yawn: :yawn:

Not sure what your point is about username/post count :confused:

I can assure you I'm not a young whippersnapper who shouts his mouth off and Ive not got greentinted glasses on.

I'm seeing my team for what they are just now a total shambles, the kids I coach would'nt make the basic errors that our lot have been lately.

Next week the Yams have Driver,Stevenson,Sutton,Elliott and dare I say it Skacel who will be a thorn in the Hibs defence's sides.

Once a Hibby always a Hibby, through thick and thin we shall support them which entitles us to our opinions good or bad,

can I see any positives just now :dunno:

hibernianyank
20-08-2011, 09:19 PM
I think if we are going to win this game, cc is going to have to put another striker up beside GOC, and get a RB signed in time but really cant see that happening, so im kinda of worrying about the derby in all :worried:

down-the-slope
20-08-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm pinning all my hopes on O'Connor. He's scoring, on form, still class and has scored against the yams for fun in the past.

But CC will undoutedly stick with 451 with Garry isolated. The mudfield five will battle away long enough until the inevitable defensive mistake happens and we go behind. I just hope CC shows some balls and plays Akpo from the start or Ivan through the middle with Garry. I want to see us take the game to them for a ****ing change.

:rolleyes: stick..we had 4-2-3-1 today..the fact the 3 were lillian gish performance wise is not entirely the managers fault

Ivan & Spoony were woefull at both supporting GOC and tracking fullbacks (galbraith no better)

wah
20-08-2011, 09:49 PM
:rolleyes: stick..we had 4-2-3-1 today..the fact the 3 were lillian gish performance wise is not entirely the managers fault

Ivan & Spoony were woefull at both supporting GOC and tracking fullbacks (galbraith no better)

"not entirely the managers fault" well whos was it the programme sellers?

hibsbollah
20-08-2011, 09:52 PM
4231 and 451. No difference in real terms when youre not supporting your lone front man.

wah
20-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I think if we are going to win this game, cc is going to have to put another striker up beside GOC, and get a RB signed in time but really cant see that happening, so im kinda of worrying about the derby in all :worried:
To win this game we need a ****ing miracle or a new manager which ever comes first.

down-the-slope
20-08-2011, 10:01 PM
4231 and 451. No difference in real terms when youre not supporting your lone front man.

The intent is entirely different

Lofarl
20-08-2011, 10:05 PM
We will REMOVED destroy the Yams at their wooden wee hovel. The defeatist attitude from the stands seeps onto the pitch. Believe that we shall hump them and it will be so.

We will murder that peado mob, then dance on the wasteland when that eyesore is knocked down. FTH. GGTTH.

pacorosssco
20-08-2011, 10:10 PM

quite simply yes

Liberal Hibby
20-08-2011, 10:14 PM
There's precious little evidence that Hearts are any better than Hibs at the moment.

nortonhibby
20-08-2011, 10:40 PM
yams are p-sh:greengrin

pacorosssco
20-08-2011, 10:46 PM
There's precious little evidence that Hearts are any better than Hibs at the moment.

i hate to say it but thers is. four by twos would have put ten past us

Liberal Hibby
20-08-2011, 11:07 PM
i hate to say it but thers is. four by twos would have put ten past us

Eh:confused:

alexedwards
21-08-2011, 07:22 AM

Denial is not a useful tool - if you have problems and don't acknowledge and take action on them they will bite your ass.
Unfortunately CC ain't interested enough to motivate this team and a gubbing in the derby could see him get his departing wish.
Just take a look at the squads. And we lack any resemblance to a having a smidgen of confidence to punch above our weight.

hibiedude
21-08-2011, 07:27 AM

Its not the one up front that scares me, its the 4 at the back

HFC 0-7
21-08-2011, 07:32 AM

Who keeps picking them? Calderwood signed Ivan and decided that Galbraith was worth a new contract. If they arent up to it then CC is to blame. perhaps its the formation that isnt suited to the type of player we have? If so its again CC's fault.

For the debry I think it will come down to who can defend the best. IMO the hibs defence is the worst but crucially get no cover from the midfield. The midfield do not track the opposition midfield well which causes our LB and RB to get pulled out os positions which isnt helped when our RB isnt a RB. We can score but we cant seem to stop opposition scoring. I am worried about the derby as we look terrible when the game gets stretched and manic which derbies frequently are.

lapsedhibee
21-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Eh:confused:

Possibly rhyming slang.

If Hertz play for the whole 90 mins as they played for about 10 against Spurs, they will cuff us on Sunday. :boo hoo:

Hibs Class
21-08-2011, 05:38 PM
After today's results we know that a victory next Sunday will put us ahead of them with a game in hand against St Johnstone. As poor as we are, they are not much / any better. Hibs.net will have a fair share of optimists and pessimists for the next week, ultimately I think the team that wins will be the team that wants it more so let's get a victory and some confidence on Tuesday and then hit them hard next Sunday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-08-2011, 05:51 PM
How often have we looked like we wanted it more? Very rarely in my experience, and I have no idea why that should be the case.
I'm fearing the worst unfortunately.

EK_Hibs
21-08-2011, 06:25 PM

Now, I like positive comments from my fellow Hibees (mainly because I can be such a miserable sod most of the time)... Anyway, because I DON'T believe for a second that we'll finish above THEM this season, I'm afraid to say there is evidence that they're better than us at the moment, I don't want to go into all the reasons why but basically they have an overall stronger squad and better defence than us. Sorry bud, I tried.

Sunday's Derby Day though so anything can happen.

Lmc2105
21-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Could you imagine our current back 4 against Templeton & Novikas ... :rolleyes:

Not even worth thinking about! :hide:

RIP
21-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Cowardice is shameful

hibsbollah
21-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Cowardice is shameful ...ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

Hibs Class
21-08-2011, 07:05 PM
...ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

Charming :greengrin

Scorrie
21-08-2011, 07:18 PM

I tend to agree. I mind when we got severely pumped 7-o at Ibrox a few years back with the derby the next game in 3 days time, and won it 2-1. Kevin Harper scored IIRC

Diclonius
21-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Could you imagine our current back 4 against Templeton & Novikas ... :rolleyes:

Not even worth thinking about! :hide:

Booth marked Templeton out of the game at the last derby, until he was substituted.

It's Driver against whoever the hell we'll have at right back I'm more worried about. Re-sign van Zanten for a one off? :dunno:

hibeedonald
21-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Lets hope for lots of injuries at WHL!

lyonhibs
21-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Cowardice is shameful

Aye, very good. Fancy telling that to CC and the team before they turn up at Tynecastle and get out-fought and out-thought yet again??

3pm
22-08-2011, 11:49 AM
We could be bottom of the league come half 5 on Sunday. It's all 'if's and but's' but we're not the toughest mentally so it'll be interesting to see how we react if that is actually what happens.

HibbyAndy
22-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Garry Oconnor has hit the net quite a few times against the Pinksters in the past, Kin you imagine the carnage in the stand if he bags the winner at the Hibs end?.

Zazu62
22-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Garry Oconnor has hit the net quite a few times against the Pinksters in the past, Kin you imagine the carnage in the stand if he bags the winner at the Hibs end?.Please god let this happen

HibbyAndy
22-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Please god let this happen

:agree:

:pray:

ChrissyG1875
22-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I think a lot hangs on whether O'hanlon plays. But i'm buzzing as always.

heretoday
22-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Hard one to call. Hearts are not great either.

I expect the usual spate of bookings, uncouth shouting from the Gorgskis and a one-goal win for one side.

ChrissyG1875
22-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Hard one to call. Hearts are not great either.

I expect the usual spate of bookings, uncouth shouting from the Gorgskis and a one-goal win for one side.

This, but a draw.

Joe Baker II
22-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Looking forward to it win, lose or draw as it is a decent kick off time for once - do not think there will be much in it either, previous results rarely a future indicator for one-off games.