PDA

View Full Version : Wages thieves

gringojoe
20-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Every player today stole their wages not one player earned their wages.

Westie1875
20-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Unfair on O'Connor and Murray IMO

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you, but the radio were saying we worked hard but lacked quality, not saying that some of them aren't though...

Dinkydoo
20-08-2011, 04:27 PM

:agree:

Sounded to me like they plus Sproule gave plenty of effort.

hibee_girl
20-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't say any of the players lacked effort today.

Westie1875
20-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you, but the radio were saying we worked hard but lacked quality, not saying that some of them aren't though...

If that is us working hard I'd hate to see us not making an effort. Only GOC & Murray worked hard enough IMO.

lucky
20-08-2011, 04:37 PM

No way does Murray get pass marks.. he is absolutely terrible but looks ok compared to some of the others

The Tubs
20-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I was listening to Boozy on Hibs radio and he was talking about the lack of leaders and communicators. I don't understand why these young guys don't seize the opportunity they have to make it in the game and start shouting.

I suppose it's also the coaching team's job to show them the importance of taking on this responsibility.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2011, 04:55 PM
If that is us working hard I'd hate to see us not making an effort. Only GOC & Murray worked hard enough IMO.

Gary probably does not know what Murray looks likr although he could pick his arse out in an identity parade the amount of times he saw it running away from him today.

lapsedhibee
20-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I was listening to Boozy on Hibs radio and he was talking about the lack of leaders and communicators. I don't understand why these young guys don't seize the opportunity they have to make it in the game and start shouting.

I suppose it's also the coaching team's job to show them the importance of taking on this responsibility.

:agree: Since Chisholm left no-one's taken on the pointing role.

The Tubs
20-08-2011, 05:09 PM
:agree: Since Chisholm left no-one's taken on the pointing role.

Aye, his name did pass through my head as I typed it!

I'm not in Edinburgh so I don't know if Boozy had a point but I noticed it against Celtic and Inverness. After all, personality wise, I wouldn't feel too intimidated by the more senior players: they're hardly Ron Yeats or Dave Mackayesque.

Elephant Stone
20-08-2011, 05:13 PM

And Sproule, possibly Hanlon.

Mikey
20-08-2011, 05:14 PM
"Wage Thief" isn't a fair tag for them today. It's just a lazy comment picked up from the yams.

There was no lack of effort but there are clearly problems elsewhere.

Hibs Class
20-08-2011, 05:35 PM
"Wage Thief" isn't a fair tag for them today. It's just a lazy comment picked up from the yams.

:agree: No lack of effort, just no direction, effectiveness or efficiency in using the effort that was expended. Two bad individual errors and the heads went down. No leadership on the park to lift them. For me, Murray isn't a captain.

EVENTUALLY
20-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Especially F$*&ing Thornhill...again!!!

Lazy Buzzard.

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2011, 05:40 PM
And Sproule, possibly Hanlon.:faf:

James70
20-08-2011, 05:48 PM
The players are obviously following management instructions which they are not comfortable with.

Although individual errors have cost the goals why has our defence been so exposed with no other players covering?

CC is either incompetent or is looking to be sacked. He has brought in his own players but the results are getting worse and the crowds falling.

The fans would just about accept his tactics if the team was winning but I suspect we will be looking for a new manager long before Christmas.

Keith_M
20-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't think there was a lack of effort either. It's just that most of them aren't very good.

Incidentally, how many Season Tickets did St Mirren sell this season? Obviously it was more than 7,000 as they're better than Hibs.

Kilmarnaock must have sold a lot more as well.

sahib
20-08-2011, 05:59 PM
:agree:

Sounded to me like they plus Sproule gave plenty of effort.

I thought Ivan had a good game.

sahib
20-08-2011, 06:19 PM

People always spout the same old stuff when things are going badly. Two mistakes led to the saints goals or maybe bad defensive play as well, I don't really know. It is kind of stating the obvious but, if you struggle to create chances then a one goal deficit is enough to do for you most games. I don't see a bunch of players who look like they lack a bit of skill, but they don't look like a team and confidence is fragile.

lapsedhibee
20-08-2011, 06:34 PM
People always spout the same old stuff when things are going badly. Two mistakes led to the saints goals or maybe bad defensive play as well, I don't really know. It is kind of stating the obvious but, if you struggle to create chances then a one goal deficit is enough to do for you most games. I don't see a bunch of players who look like they lack a bit of skill, but they don't look like a team and confidence is fragile.

Not looked like a team since Collins, imo. Although Hughes got a fourth place finish, thought even at the end of his incumbence the players played as if they'd just met.

JustSimplyHibs
20-08-2011, 06:49 PM
No way does Murray get pass marks.. he is absolutely terrible but looks ok compared to some of the others

Murray should be sub and no where near starting he has lost it, no pace, he has nothing to offer now. Wotherspoon should spend sum time on the bench, we need another experienced defender (right back)

Hibercelona
20-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Its not the players faults.

If you got offered your dream job with a great salary (even although you knew you'd be mince at it)... wouldn't you still take it anyway? :wink:

greenlex
20-08-2011, 07:07 PM
What a load of pish. Some were poor some were not. Some made mistakes some didnt. They all tried.

Shrekko
20-08-2011, 07:23 PM

Anyone who seriously thinks O'Connor didn't deserve his wage today is either blind or clueless.

Elephant Stone
20-08-2011, 07:35 PM
:faf:

You can bet your pension that if it wasn't for Booth and Palsson's mistakes and we'd won the game Hanlon would've been given pass marks. What did he do wrong that was so funny?

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I thought Ivan had a good game.

Poor final ball....

MWHIBBIES
20-08-2011, 07:49 PM
You can bet your pension that if it wasn't for Booth and Palsson's mistakes and we'd won the game Hanlon would've been given pass marks. What did he do wrong that was so funny?He was very poor IMO. Never won a header all game and just kept punting it and giving it away when he got it. I have never really been impressed by him and certainly wasn't today.

SneakersO'Toole
20-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Effort - not lacking IMO.

Confidence, positional awareness, anticipation, passion, pride, fitness, winning mentality, experience, leadership, communication, teamwork, accountability - hugely lacking IMO.

Elephant Stone
20-08-2011, 08:06 PM
He was very poor IMO. Never won a header all game and just kept punting it and giving it away when he got it. I have never really been impressed by him and certainly wasn't today.

I thought his tackling was decent and he looked sharp. Distribution definitely was poor though. If I was CC I would ban our centre halves from attempting any pass more than 10 yards, their long passing really is terrible.

ronaldo7
20-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Anyone who seriously thinks O'Connor didn't deserve his wage today is either blind or clueless.

:aok:

truehibernian
20-08-2011, 08:28 PM
I thought his tackling was decent and he looked sharp. Distribution definitely was poor though. If I was CC I would ban our centre halves from attempting any pass more than 10 yards, their long passing really is terrible.

True, but you can also include Stacky for that today. All his balls second half were up top to GOC.

The huge problem for me today, as with many games under Calderwood I have to say, is the slow circulation of the ball, and when the ball we are looking for happens, the opposition have regrouped in numbers. Numerous times first half Boothy got himself space, only for Murray in particular to play a ball just behind him, causing Callum to backtrack, or the delay in the pass was enough for Saints to mark/close space. We played like 11 guys who really don't play often together and who some don't know their position. That for me is the main reason we are seeing poor form from Thornhill - I really don't think he knows how to play where he is playing, and once the possession is lost, he remains unsure as to whether to track back or stay in a more offensive position.

Key player today - Jim Goodwin. I honestly can't believe Calderwood, a defender himself remember, didn't see the positive influence Goodwin had on all their play today. Not one Hibs player was asked, told or otherwise to mark him, get tight to him or to close him. Instead we allowed him to coordinate things quite easily with no pressing. We also had Murray in a midfield that again lacked drive when going forward. I like Ian but I do think we will get the best out of him as a sub at best. When our attacks broke down, the sheer lack of pace in our midfield allowed Thomson and McGowan time to take the ball forward with no one near them. And let's not forget, St Mirren are a form team and played like it. They played with a wee bit freedom to express - we played with fear and no composure in all areas.

Lastly, Calderwood not feeling pressure - that message is one which any player will hear and say to themselves 'well if he feels okay then why should I worry too much'. I still have faith in Calderwood, but he needs to become inspirational and needs to now lead by example. The nice guy image aint cutting it and some wings need clipped.

Plenty effort today, but lacking cutting edge, two men up front, quick ball circulation and players to talk (not moan or remain mute). The play was all too considered, too slow, players needing three touches when one would do. CC - enough with showing them DVD's....get them out on that training pitch, 11 v 11, and have them getting to know each other. They played like strangers today IMHO.