PDA

View Full Version : What do we do now??

stokesmessiah
20-08-2011, 04:04 PM
After a summer of speculation in re to CC's job i was quite happy to hear it apparently end and to get on with the business of putting together a team. I have always had confidence that he was going to come good and turn us round and when he started putting together this team i was buoyed with a sense of confidence that we were moving in the right direction.

Fast forward to today and we have just been beaten at home by St Midden a week after getting gubbed by Killie and i dont know where we turn now. Yes of course i am aware that we are waiting for players to get fit and of course the team will need time to gel but surely we should be starting to see something by now?? I am getting a little bit sick of our tactical naivety and this will to self destruct that we seem to have.

Why can no one seem to sign a couple of decent defenders and make our back 4 a somewhat cohesive unit for once?
Why have we not signed a RB yet and why are we persisting on playing that plank Pallson in there?
Why has Wotherspoon not been dropped, i like the guy and think there is the making of a player in there but if ever a player needs dropped its him.
Why have we still not got any fight, last season people blamed the players in there, they are all gone yet we are still as soft as Mr Whippy in a heatwave

Yes no doubt there is some knee jerk in here following another poor display but FFS why do Hibs insist on making it so painful to support them???

I dont know where we are going as a team and biggest problem now is that if our poor form does not turn i am not sure the board will remove cc so easily after fighting to keep him so hard throughout the summer. And no i dont think he should be sacked right now i just mean even if things get really bad it will take the board til the last minute to bin him.

I love you Hibs i really do but please start showing us some love back :boo hoo:

Franck Stanton
20-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Sums up a lot of fans, [mine included], sentiments. Whilst St Mirren have strengthened pre-season we, as a club/team should still be able to record a win at home, especially after taking the lead.

Dinkydoo
20-08-2011, 04:17 PM
As I fight an inner battle with myself to not have a knee-jerk reaction to todays game and post "CC GTF", I think that all we can realistically do is wait and hope that the team starts to play well.

What can we do?

Sack another manager and have yet another tranisitional period?

CC needs to change his 1st XI, formation and tactics for the derby otherwise we really are going to be in for a pumping - I'm actually starting to feel anxious about it to be honest, and I'm usually excited about playing the yams regardless of form.

If he doesn't, and has other players available for selection, it to me suggests that he is either too stupid/stubborn to recognise our weaknesses and change the team or that he is actively trying to get sacked. I know the idea sounds absurd but how else can you explain a seemingly intelligent man fail to recognise that our back four is a shambles, that we have no stability in the middle of the park and O'Connor up front by himself isn't working.

DH1875
20-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Simples, we back the Manager and the team. Like it or not he's going nowhere.

wah
20-08-2011, 08:21 PM

In other words accept the crap as we have done over the last 40 years and be grateful. Supporters are voting with their feet we have been heading nowhere fast for the last 4 years. We have backed the manger for long enough. The club are expecting supporters to pay top prices for absolute pish. Its a recipe for disaster.

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 08:44 PM
We dust ourselves down and get on with it.

Feed McGraw
20-08-2011, 08:46 PM
In other words accept the crap as we have done over the last 40 years and be grateful. Supporters are voting with their feet we have been heading nowhere fast for the last 4 years. We have backed the manger for long enough. The club are expecting supporters to pay top prices for absolute pish. Its a recipe for disaster.

Spot on, and it IS 4 years, although some would have you believe it`s only a matter of 18 months or so and even that would be bad enough anyway.

cjward2
20-08-2011, 09:08 PM

A-men brother. :agree:

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Spot on, and it IS 4 years, although some would have you believe it`s only a matter of 18 months or so and even that would be bad enough anyway.

Been a lot longer than that for some of us.

down the slope
20-08-2011, 09:12 PM

Good, Partick, Dundee and Livi here we come .

Feed McGraw
20-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Been a lot longer than that for some of us.

We won the league cup four years ago, we all had a great day. Since then it has been a slow, but ever so sure, downward spiral.

wah
20-08-2011, 10:09 PM
A-men brother. :agree:

Are you looking for salvation or a good football team? Your reply is symptomatic of some of our support who think we should grateful that we have a club let alone a football team that commands the fourth largest player wages budget in the country.

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Are you looking for salvation or a good football team? Your reply is symptomatic of some of our support who think we should grateful that we have a club let alone a football team that commands the fourth largest player wages budget in the country.

Technically that bit's not true. Since the millenium we're fifth. Sorry.

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 10:26 PM

Technically that bit's not true. Since the millenium we're fifth. Sorry.

Since 2000-2001 the wages paid out are Celtic £352m; Rangers £307m; Hearts £80.9m; Aberdeen £50.6m and Hibs £43.9m

nortonhibby
20-08-2011, 10:36 PM
After a summer of speculation in re to CC's job i was quite happy to hear it apparently end and to get on with the business of putting together a team. I have always had confidence that he was going to come good and turn us round and when he started putting together this team i was buoyed with a sense of confidence that we were moving in the right direction.

Fast forward to today and we have just been beaten at home by St Midden a week after getting gubbed by Killie and i dont know where we turn now. Yes of course i am aware that we are waiting for players to get fit and of course the team will need time to gel but surely we should be starting to see something by now?? I am getting a little bit sick of our tactical naivety and this will to self destruct that we seem to have.

Why can no one seem to sign a couple of decent defenders and make our back 4 a somewhat cohesive unit for once?

we need Rob Jones back and we miss Derek he was A TRUE HIBBY
Why have we not signed a RB yet and why are we persisting on playing that plank Pallson in there?
Why has Wotherspoon not been dropped, i like the guy and think there is the making of a player in there but if ever a player needs dropped its him.
Why have we still not got any fight, last season people blamed the players in there, they are all gone yet we are still as soft as Mr Whippy in a heatwave

Yes no doubt there is some knee jerk in here following another poor display but FFS why do Hibs insist on making it so painful to support them???

I dont know where we are going as a team and biggest problem now is that if our poor form does not turn i am not sure the board will remove cc so easily after fighting to keep him so hard throughout the summer. And no i dont think he should be sacked right now i just mean even if things get really bad it will take the board til the last minute to bin him.

I love you Hibs i really do but please start showing us some love back :boo hoo:

Rob jones and Deek

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2011, 10:51 PM
We tough it out, hope that ICT have a shocker all season and wait for our youth set-up to start delivering.