PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood out... (Merged)

3pm
20-08-2011, 03:49 PM
We're in freefall under this joker. I'll be stunned if we improve under him.

A hammering is on the cards next week if the performance level is repeated.

Saorsa
20-08-2011, 03:50 PM
It's a pity we never got rid before the season started.

Hibby D
20-08-2011, 03:51 PM

It's not too late

Judas Iscariot
20-08-2011, 03:51 PM
He just needs time....

:faf:

Frazerbob
20-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Petrie can go with him. Our club is a ****ing joke!

ac1
Take the board and the players with him!

Ozyhibby
Who'd take him?:dunno::wink:

EasterRoad4Ever
20-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Not getting rid of CC was yet another Petrie blunder. Now we'll have to call Birmingham and pay them to take the clown off our hands before he does any more damage.

YehButNoBut
20-08-2011, 03:55 PM

The only good thing if we were defeated next week it would surely mean the end for CC. :agree:

Hibby D
20-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Ian Murray allegedly refuses to acknowledge CC at full-time........(according to a journo i follow on twitter)

The Beastie Bus
20-08-2011, 03:57 PM
The only good thing if we were defeated next week it would surely mean the end for CC. :agree:

Or after Tuesday night!

Hibiza
20-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Gtf

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2011, 04:00 PM
for the first time ever i'm gonna say take RP with him :aok:

p.s.might reconsider the RP statement later, after the anger goes away :wink:

Judas Iscariot
20-08-2011, 04:01 PM
The clown doesn't want to be here, we all knew that but Petrie forced him to stay..

They both should just GTF asap, crowds are tumbling and will continue to do so under the current incumbent..

CC & RP = :taxi

:bye:

:aok:

Judas Iscariot
20-08-2011, 04:02 PM
:top marks

Saorsa
for the first time ever i'm gonna say take RP with him :aok:

p.s.might reconsider the RP statement later, after the anger goes away :wink:I think he's had his time but I dinnae see him going anywhere but he should have **** all tae do with selecting the next manager whenever that happens :grr:

Biggie
surely to **** we didn't hang out for more compo from Birmingham/Forest for this joker ?....what price now if we sack the idiot ?....major f up by Petrie not taking the cash.......Calderwood out, strapon in (please)

Houchy
20-08-2011, 04:03 PM

We probably can't afford to get rid of him now. 2 Months ago people were offering US money, now we'd be paying out compo.

FFS, next seasons season ticket sales drive will be "every penny raised will be put towards paying off yet another sh*** manager"!!!

steakbake
20-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Ian Murray allegedly refuses to acknowledge CC at full-time........(according to a journo i follow on twitter)

He made a point of shaking everyone's hand on the way off. He dodged Calderwood.

stokesmessiah
20-08-2011, 04:05 PM

Not a chance !!!!

Cropley10
He just needs time....

Stability. What about stability?

Does it get any worse than this. I suppose it does. But jeezo.

cabbageandribs1875
I think he's had his time but I dinnae see him going anywhere but he should have **** all tae do with selecting the next manager whenever that happens :grr:

Amen tae that :agree:

SkintHibby
20-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I think it's time for Rod Petrie and Colin Calderwood to go.

Simply not good enough.

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I started a thread just like this a few months ago, and I just thought I would start another one of these just to compare.

Also If you think this poll is pointless don't bother moaning about it, just don't click on the thread..

cabbageandribs1875
20-08-2011, 04:07 PM
get strachan in NOW petrie :grr:

NOLA
20-08-2011, 04:08 PM
im inclined to agree, but whos gonna want the job??

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I think it's time for Rod Petrie and Colin Calderwood to go.

Simply not good enough.

Will SOMEONE please think of the avatar!!!!!!!!!! :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
20-08-2011, 04:09 PM
We probably can't afford to get rid of him now. 2 Months ago people were offering US money, now we'd be paying out compo.

FFS, next seasons season ticket sales drive will be "every penny raised will be put towards paying off yet another sh*** manager"!!!

Rod should start picking the team ala Vlad. It can't be any worse than CC and might persuade CC to take his coat.

hibee_girl
20-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Tbh I was all for giving him time etc but after suffering that today I honestly don't see how we can afford to keep him, we're not getting better, we're getting worse every week.

Now For This
20-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Who realistically can Petrie go for? Calderwood will surely walk before the Berwick game.

YehButNoBut
20-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm just thinking that he's deliberately trying to get sacked, we should not be this bad.

Manxhibs
20-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I have been very patient but enough is enough, clueless Colin is an apt nickname.

SkintHibby
20-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Will SOMEONE please think of the avatar!!!!!!!!!! :greengrin

Cant be bothered changing it.

7Hero
20-08-2011, 04:19 PM
petrie is merely farmers puppet...

as long as farmer owns the club (remember petrie owns 10%) it is going to always be like this.

bad footballing decisions(managers), bad investment in the team and trying to sell assets the minute they are worth anything..

so get your heads out the sand it all comes from farmer and until we have a new owner you will have the same board and same goals as a football club..

joe breezy
20-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Petrie needs to go, keeping Calderwood was his decision

Scorrie
20-08-2011, 04:20 PM
If he is to go, it has to be now so at least a new manager has a few days left in the transfer window. In some ways CC is bomb proof as the board held on to him in the summer and backed him. if they get shot of CC now then Petrie has to go as well for rank poor decision making and costing the club around half a million (CC compo plus what we turned down from Birmingham. They may feel that they have to give him to January but goodness knows where we will be by then if this form continues.

Dinkydoo
20-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Petrie needs to go, keeping Calderwood was his decision

When did Birmingham and Nottingham Forrest make an official offer?

Cropley10
20-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Not going to happen. Not til we've lost at least a few more IMO

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Cant be bothered changing it.

You've forgotten how to haven't you?:wink:

Hibiza
20-08-2011, 04:24 PM
l imagine gettin humped off a 2nd rate spl team, then playing the the same back 4 again, does this "dude" want sacked ? get him to

Hibiza
20-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Forgive the grammer, angry as

gazza88
20-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Heard rumours graham rix is in line for job.

Hibiza
20-08-2011, 04:27 PM
apollogies

smurf
20-08-2011, 04:28 PM
It's becoming a really horrible way to spend your Saturday afternoon.

The relentless run of defeats is bad enough but the way we try and play football is awful.

I was bored out my mind.

Sad times and I fear for us.

weonlywon6-2
20-08-2011, 04:29 PM

killie under mixu i proved with unknowns,st mirren under danny lennon are at massive improvement,motherwell under stuart mccall are top of the league.

they are all new to the post (i know mixu is away) and have improved a hell of a lot. we have had calderwood for a reasonable amount of time and in my opinion ,we are getting worse

calderwood is not the answer

Pedantic_Hibee

Admins, do your thing.

Hibiza
go back to your tent

sadtom
20-08-2011, 04:30 PM
The whole set up stinks. And its a very stale smell.
I cant believe they fought to hold on to the biggest liabilty we've had in years (especially when some other clowns were prepared to pay 300k to take him) while we made little or no effort to hold on to so many previous assets.
From what i see Petrie has lasted for years in making one good decision, appointing Mowbray. There was some decent stuff under JC and with Yogi (for a while). Other than that we've been in decline since.
Petrie was a lucky boy that we had so many assest through the ranks in such a short period, if it hadnt been for that then we'd be deep in the brown stuff.
Farmer, Petrie, Coco the clown. - BOLT.

Dinkydoo
20-08-2011, 04:32 PM

Another one! :greengrin

Jeez you guys are out in force today. :rolleyes:

lucky
20-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Bye bye clueless Colin.1 up front at home against St.Mirren is a joke.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-08-2011, 04:34 PM
2 pages on this so far...well done, I had a thread deleted about this a couple of weeks ago

:rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Gtf!....ffs!

EasterRoad4Ever
I'm just thinking that he's deliberately trying to get sacked, we should not be this bad.

100% agree. It was always suspicious when CC says he wants to move to another club but "willingly" seems to hang around. Results and his interviews have been of a man who hash't got a care in the world, and does't care a jot either. CC knows that a few more of these results and he will be SACKED, paid compensation, and will be able to walk into his new job down south !!

This is a ridiculous state of affairs - managed by Petrie off course.

Elephant Stone
petrie is merely farmers puppet...

as long as farmer owns the club (remember petrie owns 10%) it is going to always be like this.

bad footballing decisions(managers), bad investment in the team and trying to sell assets the minute they are worth anything..

so get your heads out the sand it all comes from farmer and until we have a new owner you will have the same board and same goals as a football club..

That's ridiculous. If Tom Farmer wanted to call the shots why would he want to spend money and do it through someone else? There are a lot of people in the club with questions to answer but Tom Farmer is not one of them.

Lofarl
20-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Tinhat on here. I would take JJ as our manager, no joke. We would probably still be gash, but at least we would give the other team a kicking, and as Yogi would say "a right good go". Petrie has to go. The buck stops with him

That was dire.

HNA6
20-08-2011, 04:43 PM
2 pages on this so far...well done, I had a thread deleted about this a couple of weeks ago

:rolleyes:It wasnt deleted it was locked ...because the topic had been lost after a few posts ..unless of course there was a 3rd "CC out" thread that I may have missed ..

SouthMoroccoStu
20-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Hear me out.

IF CC goes (no tears will be shed) would the hibs fans welcome Jefferies?

Established SPL manager who can achieve results and get a team fighting.

Would he come though?

blackpoolhibs
You wouldn't listen, I did say he had cost us a fortune and he would cost us even more paying him off too.

Westie1875
No chance.

hibee_girl
20-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Tinhat on here. I would take JJ as our manager, no joke. We would probably still be gash, but at least we would give the other team a kicking, and as Yogi would say "a right good go". Petrie has to go. The buck stops with him

That was dire.

:agree:

lucky
20-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I want the fans who said back him to explain why we should give clueless Colin more time and money

Iggy Pope
20-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Are things not bad enough today without toss like this?

HibeeMG
20-08-2011, 04:47 PM
JJ comes in one place below the other Calderwood in my list of potential Hibs managers. Orange Jimmy is very, very low on that list.

lucky
20-08-2011, 04:49 PM
He is a decent manager but no

Ozyhibby
Hear me out.

IF CC goes (no tears will be shed) would the hibs fans welcome Jefferies?

Established SPL manager who can achieve results and get a team fighting.

Would he come though?

I'd rather have you! And you obviously know nowt.

iwasthere1972
Wasn't excited with his appointment as manager and haven't seen anything yet to suggest that he will come good.

Early in the season but I would be pleased if Hibs announced that he has departed during the weekend.

:taxi please.

Elephant Stone
He's got to go. It's incredible to think we could've actually taken money to have him removed, it was an absolutely ridiculous decision not to let him go, I would've bitten their hands off at the first opportunity. The guy has shown absolutely nothing which suggests he was worth keeping.

3pm
20-08-2011, 04:50 PM
You wouldn't listen, I did say he had cost us a fortune and he would cost us even more paying him off too.

Some mistake here surely? It's the fans who cost us money.

Petrie will have a lot to answer for if he has to give him his jotters.

johnbc70
20-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I want the 6 who said back him to explain why we should give clueless Colin more time and money

I voted back, but have to admit this cannot go on for much longer. A defeat against Hearts and another poor performance and then I think that is it and he should go. I cannot see Petrie sacking him though, he will have to resign.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Calderwood has made us an embarrassment - which is saying something given the mess we were in before he started.

21 defeats in 36 matches, and lost 9 out of our last 12 SPL matches - we are in freefall, and the 3-0 win at Ibrox and the 5 wins in a row look like absolute miracles, quite frankly.

We have NOTHING going for us, and St. Mirren, the only SPL team who finished below us last season, were miles better than us today. Even considering they went a goal down, they won't get an easier away victory than that in this league.

iwasthere1972
20-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Appoint a Yam? Possibly.

Appoint a Yam reject? No way.

Steve20
20-08-2011, 04:55 PM
He should have been away by now. He hasn't got a clue.

RickyS

That was dire.

NOLA
he wouldnt last, fans would hound him out

Cabbage East

EasterRoad4Ever
Listening to his after match interview, CC stated he felt NO pressure whatsoever. This can only be for one of two reasons:

1. he has no professional pride and does't care a jot about Hibs

or

2. he is deliberately working his way OUT of ER. If he carries on like this for the next few games, Petrie will have no option but to SACK Calderwood, pay him compensation and let him go to one of his two other "sweetie bags".

The radio commentators could not believe his response, and suggested that Hibs players total lack of urgency and desire in the 2nd half was a reflection of what went on during the summer. The also said that if the manager is feeling no pressure, then why the hell should they try on the park ????

It was one of the most pathetic interviews I have heard from a Hibs manager in 40 years. CC could not have been LESS bothered about the result, had nothing to say to the fans, and came across as a man who was here temporarily - shortly to be moving off to pastures new. It would be easy to blame Calderwood for this, but accountability MUST rest with Petrie who recruited this man, did all he could to retain this man, and - if reports are correct - actually turned down good money for this man.

Petrie - if you are listening - phone Birmingham or Notts Forest first thing Monday. Apologise for being such an arse. And ask them to take this man off our hands. Then, once this is completed. SACK yourself for being repeatedly incompetent. Don't worry about our next manager, or the club. We'll look after things from here on. In your hands, our club is in dire jeopardy.

Andy74
Time for CC to go. The general tide turned today I think.

Petrie should also now go. His daft statement hasn't dine him any favours.

What is worse for CC in his stats is that he has played bottom six teams more often.

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 04:57 PM
For me, I won't choose back or sack because I'm so disillusioned with Hibs and can't find a reasoned argument for either option.

I do know that the form of last season has persisted with us mirroring the last five horror matches against the other bottom six teams. We were soft then and we are as soft now.

Question, wage thieves and wasters out, hungry good Championship/EPL players in??? I'm confused! Or... do they need time? No faith running low on hope...

Stevie Reid
20-08-2011, 04:57 PM
It's becoming a really horrible way to spend your Saturday afternoon.

The relentless run of defeats is bad enough but the way we try and play football is awful.

I was bored out my mind.

Sad times and I fear for us.

Absolutely feel the same, and so does everyone I sit with.

My ST money has been paid, but even then I'll be struggling to motivate myself to go back.

magpie1892
20-08-2011, 04:58 PM
He's deliberately working his way out.

It's very common knowledge he doesn't want to be @ ER.

Lose to the Jams and we'll have 'mutual consent'.

Billy McKirdy
20-08-2011, 04:58 PM

I was thinking much the same :confused:

NOLA
20-08-2011, 05:00 PM
methinks calderwood is extracting the urine.

HKhibby
Totally agree, i live long and far! in Hong Kong and follow the threads every week!...this guy is a joke!, chance or not, he has had since october 2010, there is very little improvement at all, inherited a terrible side from Hughes,but immediatly did not capitalise on the new manager thing! which most new managers do even if it is short lived!, yes brought in a few players in January which probably kept us in the SPL at the most!, but im afraid looking at things right now with this guy in charge and the formation from what i can gather we are heading for Division 1!, i may be wrong, but have never been really wrong over the years when it comes to Hibs! only occassionally, which is why i wouldnt make a football manager! but have this feeling we are heading for Div 1 if we dont sort it out now! and quickly! let him go to wherever he wants to go or be! , we can laugh at the hearts lot the other day, and it was great laughable!, but if we had played Tottenham it could have possibly been more!, maybe wrong but doubt it, i would do what alot of others have said bring in Strachan or someone like that! soon!!!

jimmythefish
the squad we've got is not the worse in the league, it just needs somebody to organise & motivate them, michael o'neill is the man he's doing a great job at shamrock on sweeties

silverhibee
20-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Bye bye clueless Colin.1 up front at home against St.Mirren is a joke.

And it took him until the 75th minute to change it to 4-4-2.

MrSmith
20-08-2011, 05:02 PM

If this is acceptable to the Hibs board then we are in terrible trouble!

PeterboroHibee
20-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Im sick of the way we go through managers, theres no consistancy and it means near on every season we are 'rebuilding', and for that reason Id like to say back him.

Saying that thoguh, I really dont like Calderwood, wasnt impressed when he was hired and think the whole thing preseasons was a shambles. He also seems to make alot of really obvious mistakes in his team selections (which have resulted in HT substitutions in our last two games to try and rectify it) and is ignoring glaring weaknesses in the team (defence). Because of that, Im really not sure what I would pick.

BroxburnHibee
20-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I heard that interview and it surprised me as well.

If he is saying he doesn't feel pressure then I would suggest he really doesn't understand what position he is in.

I wasn't at the game and I don't feel any desire to return to ER in the near future.

Totally out of love with Hibs at the moment.

hibee92
20-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I'd rather stable my baws to ma couch.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2011, 05:08 PM

He probably just miissed him he missed e.verything else today

Paisley Hibby
20-08-2011, 05:09 PM
For me, I won't choose back or sack because I'm so disillusioned with Hibs and can't find a reasoned argument for either option.

I do know that the form of last season has persisted with us mirroring the last five horror matches against the other bottom six teams. We were soft then and we are as soft now.

Question, wage thieves and wasters out, hungry good Championship/EPL players in??? I'm confused! Or... do they need time? No faith running low on hope...

I agree with everything you here MrSmith. But I would add that I'm almost at the point where I don't care any more. Can't see me being at Easter Road any time soon even although I renewed my season ticket. Looks like I could be one of thousands unless things improve soon. The Board should be panicking.

hibiedude
20-08-2011, 05:12 PM
As a club we have become a laughing stock over the last few years trading in journeyman who are past their sell by date apart fron Gary O.

Calderwood is clearly not the answer but our problems lie much deeper that this clown.

Westie1875
20-08-2011, 05:14 PM

If there is any truth in this then it is time for Petrie to go IMO, if we end up in a situation where we have turned down money for a manager who we end up sacking a couple of months later it will be ludicrous.

SteveHFC
20-08-2011, 05:16 PM
We were poor today. No Passion in the team.

Calderwood - GTF!

We Need a RB and Wotherspoon again was Useless.

Dombie
20-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I was underwhelmed when he was appointed and I certainly haven't seen anything that's made me change my mind. Sooner he goes the better BUT he needs to be replaced with someone who will instill a bit of pride in the jersey as well as someone with a vague knowledge of tactics and what the rolly thing they're kicking about is! Few of them play like they've never seen one before.

SRHibs
20-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm behind him. This is the point at which we usually dispose of our managers, but I think it's a tad premature. I think - actually, I hope - that he'll come good eventually. He's got his squad of players assembled now. Makes no sense to boot him out after only 4 SPL games only to enter yet another dreaded 'transition period' with a new manager.

Green_one
20-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I am surprised so many advocate sacking. I think he has an abismal record and has shown us nothing that indicates he can ever turn it around. However, we have turned down cash for this chump, most fans are sick of the ever changing managers and we have no-one on the horizon.

I agree he should go but does anyone think Petrie will get the next one right? No way!!!!

We have no cash, few useful players and a s*** manager. Its another bottom 6, hope there are worst than us, season. Sounds negaitive but I am seriously peed off, as this has been coming for a long time.

BoltonHibee
20-08-2011, 05:20 PM
And it took him until the 75th minute to change it to 4-4-2.

That in itself is a ****ing joke!

h1bs4life
20-08-2011, 05:20 PM
What a shambles we are , 1 change from last week , same back four...1 up front against St Mirren at home. Calderwood GTF.. Petrie's time is up as well...

Albion Hibs
20-08-2011, 05:22 PM
ridiculous if you think the manager was to blame for today. Messers Booth and Palsson need to take a bow, amatuer does not even come close to describing their contribution to today.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2011, 05:25 PM
ridiculous if you think the manager was to blame for today. Messers Booth and Palsson need to take a bow, amatuer does not even come close to describing their contribution to today.

And in response to the "only one up front" brigade, Sodje is not match fit and Agogo and Airey were injured. CC didn't really have a choice other than to go one up top.

silverhibee
20-08-2011, 05:25 PM
He probably just miissed him he missed e.verything else today

BH, thought atleast there was a bit dig from Murray today, not the worse player on the park for Hibs thought he done okay. :aok:

Kaiser_Sauzee
20-08-2011, 05:26 PM
There are options for back and sack but where is the option for crack? Could do with some after another defeat.

3pm
20-08-2011, 05:27 PM
BH, thought atleast there was a bit dig from Murray today, not the worse player on the park for Hibs thought he done okay. :aok:

Agreed. Easily one of our better performers.

Www1875hfc
20-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Calderwood has made us an embarrassment - which is saying something given the mess we were in before he started.

21 defeats in 36 matches, and lost 9 out of our last 12 SPL matches - we are in freefall, and the 3-0 win at Ibrox and the 5 wins in a row look like absolute miracles, quite frankly.

We have NOTHING going for us, and St. Mirren, the only SPL team who finished below us last season, were miles better than us today. Even considering they went a goal down, they won't get an easier away victory than that in this league.

:agree: He has to go,how much more can the fans take?
As youve stated, 21 defeats in 36 matches is not acceptable for a club like Hibernian.
I geniunely feel we are in serious trouble,those that dont,need to wake up and see whats on offer,cause today,that was dreadfull.

Elephant Stone
20-08-2011, 05:30 PM

Two mistakes aside, we were outplayed on own our patch by St Mirren. There are going to be mistakes made under any manager, we need to have a strong enough side so that we can create chances and score enough goals to mean that this can be accounted for. Our team is completely lacking in passion and creativity and Colin Calderwood is to blame, it's his fault we lost today and it's his fault we're in freefall.

BoltonHibee
20-08-2011, 05:32 PM

And in response to the "only one up front" brigade, Sodje is not match fit and Agogo and Airey were injured. CC didn't really have a choice other than to go one up top.

Sproule injured as well was he?

Albion Hibs
20-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Agreed. Easily one of our better performers.

I would agree with that and along with that say if that is Blackpoolhateshibs view, then he clearly did not watch the game.

EVENTUALLY
20-08-2011, 05:34 PM

0-5

Now F*%$ OFF

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Sproule injured as well was he?

Fair point, but then if you play Sproule up top then who plays on the right? That would mean a player playing out of position.

And don't say Wotherspoon, he doesn't even look like a footballer full stop these days.

silverhibee
20-08-2011, 05:37 PM
That in itself is a ****ing joke!

No the joke was when he brought on Scott, this guy will never change the game for Hibs.

It wouldn't have surprised me if he had taken GOC of and put Sodge on and kept it at 4-5-1.

Get used to it folks, even when his squad are fully fit for the SPL it will always be a 4-5-1 formation he will go with.

PS. What did Wotherspoon do during the week in training to get a game this week, should be no where near the team after the amount of bad games he has had for Hibs. :aok:

MCameron
20-08-2011, 05:37 PM
That's it for me. I won't be back as much as it pains me to say it. I'm no longer willing to p1ss my hard earned cash up against the wall for that UTTER DROSS.

That is all.

silverhibee
20-08-2011, 05:39 PM

But he could have changed the defence, O'Hanlon was on the bench so i take it he was fit to play today.

stokesmessiah
I want the 6 who said back him to explain why we should give clueless Colin more time and money

Wise up, why do i need to justify my opinion to you. !

1950's hibbie
Why anyone would be surprised Calderwood says he is under no pressure, as has been said on this thread few times Hibs were offered 300k for him a couple of months ag, if they now fire him and have to pay him out the net potential financial loss will be high, that of course depends if the 300k offer is fact.

Albion Hibs
20-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Two mistakes aside, we were outplayed on own our patch by St Mirren. There are going to be mistakes made under any manager, we need to have a strong enough side so that we can create chances and score enough goals to mean that this can be accounted for. Our team is completely lacking in passion and creativity and Colin Calderwood is to blame, it's his fault we lost today and it's his fault we're in freefall.

No chance, you must have been watching another game. A reflection of this was the fact they were time wasting from 60 mins onwards. I cant believe you would also class those as mistakes, both were up there with the most amateur things I have seen, school boy, unforgivable.

Agreed, but the managerial superheros would no doubt chuck on an injured player "just to see what happens". Re sproule, it he is playing up front who sets up the opening goal, despite the song he cannot play in several positions at the same time.

stokesmessiah
20-08-2011, 05:43 PM
No the joke was when he brought on Scott, this guy will never change the game for Hibs.

It wouldn't have surprised me if he had taken GOC of and put Sodge on and kept it at 4-5-1.

Get used to it folks, even when his squad are fully fit for the SPL it will always be a 4-5-1 formation he will go with.

PS. What did Wotherspoon do during the week in training to get a game this week, should be no where near the team after the amount of bad games he has had for Hibs. :aok:

As boring as it may sometimes seem, if we were winning matches 1-0 in an ugly manner i would be happy with that for now.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2011, 05:43 PM

And why was he allowed to take every single set piece, every one of which was a complete waste?

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 05:45 PM

Did you hear this from someone or is this just a prediction?

Stevie Reid
20-08-2011, 05:46 PM
No chance, you must have been watching another game. A reflection of this was the fact they were time wasting from 60 mins onwards. I cant believe you would also class those as mistakes, both were up there with the most amateur things I have seen, school boy, unforgivable.

Agreed, but the managerial superheros would no doubt chuck on an injured player "just to see what happens". Re sproule, it he is playing up front who sets up the opening goal, despite the song he cannot play in several positions at the same time.

Do you seriously think that we played well today?

Albion Hibs
20-08-2011, 05:48 PM
As boring as it may sometimes seem, if we were winning matches 1-0 in an ugly manner i would be happy with that for now.

Agreed in any event, Barca, Arsenal, Man U and if I am not mistake Chelsea to name a few all play one up front...in fact are chelsea currently not playing one up front.

EVENTUALLY
20-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Get rid of him now. Bite the bullet. Get Bollan from Livi in now...Do it Petrie.

Never a Hibs manager in a million years. Only 1 flicker of hope since last October when he got the 3 nothing at Ibrox. Apart from that there has been absolutely no improvement whatsoever following Hughes tenure.

Sack him now.

Albion Hibs
20-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Do you seriously think that we played well today?

I thought we started the game well and until the 40th minute when our full backs forgot how to play football we did not look under the slightest bit of preasure, I dont think they had a shot at that point and Stack could have had a nap if we wanted.

Because of our own mistakes we were pressured from the begining of the 2nd half to get ourselves back into the game, the more we have to come out and attack of course the more opportunity they will have, but they still did nothing.

I dont feel we deserved to lose today, but then again I guess we did just to be punished for our own mistakes if nothing else.

You?

HKhibby
20-08-2011, 05:56 PM
i would get rid of calderwoon in a flash! i have never rated him nor will ever rate him, same old hibs board go for quick fix!, the results speak for themselves i dont think there is a winning streak amoungst them, i personally and it will hit a raw nerve with alot of hibs fans go for someone like Jeffries! yes him!, i couldnt care that yes he is a jambo has played for them and managed them twice!...but treated like rubbish by Romanov?...probably, and not for us to judge!, yes we love to laugh at them Tranced by Tottenham! lol and i love it too!, but i still have a feelng if Jeffries was in charge it might not have been such a hammering!, although i think they would have been well beaten!

So go back to us, yes i think he could do a job for us, he's done ok at any team he has been at!, but unfortunatly i dont know if alot of the hibs support could swallow it or not, i could, but dont have the most 100% loving of the guy right now, but if he did a job?...remember others crossed!

Stevie Reid
20-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I thought we started the game well and until the 40th minute when our full backs forgot how to play football we did not look under the slightest bit of preasure, I dont think they had a shot at that point and Stack could have had a nap if we wanted.

Because of our own mistakes we were pressured from the begining of the 2nd half to get ourselves back into the game, the more we have to come out and attack of course the more opportunity they will have, but they still did nothing.

I dont feel we deserved to lose today, but then again I guess we did just to be punished for our own mistakes if nothing else.

You?

I thought the game was even up until we scored, but that St. Mirren looked more dangerous than us up to that point and had the better chances. They missed two good opportunities at the back post (one each side), where more composure from the player involved would have punished us - both chances were the product of poor defending by us, we cannot handle crosses into the box. Given that both chances missed the target, you're right that Stack didn't have a save, but then surely the St. Mirren keeper could've had a nap to, no?

Before we scored, Wotherspoon blasted a shot well over the bar and Thornhill had a drive straight into the keeper's arms. The goal was quite fortunate but well finished, immediately after Stack had a save down to his left (where I think he could've done better than to paw it out into the goal mouth), and Ivan missed a good chance after a great pass by Wotherspoon. Even after we took the lead we played at the same tempo and didn't look very good - the two St. Mirren goals were obviously from individual mistakes and the lead was more than they deserved, but they punished us effectively and took their chances.

The second half was a complete non event - even though they went a goal down, St. Mirren will never get an easier away win than that in the SPL; we got in behind them a couple of times but our final ball was nowhere as near as clinical as theirs was for the second goal. They are the only SPL team that finished below us last season and they were far more accomplished than us in every department - we failed to seriously trouble them and didn't have a spell of concerted pressure at any point, which is unforgivable in a home fixture against the second bottom team from last season's SPL. They produced a couple of bits of football that we are nowhere near capable of, and generally looked better than we were overall, with a pattern to their play with the ball, and real desire to win the ball back when not in possession.

Most worrying though, was the complete lack of urgency and desire shown by Hibs at any point throughout the game - and that's ignoring the complete lack of quality in that starting 11 today. Apart from GOC's goals, we are weaker in every single department since Calderwood took over. Where do you think he has improved us?

GreenCastle
20-08-2011, 06:12 PM
So much wrong at the club right now - very depressing.

This down fall has been happening for a few seasons - bad appointments by people running the club (Farmer / Petrie) who have a bad record choosing managers who are the right fit.

This resulting in large turnover of players of poor quality and managers = no stability and core = no passion/leadership or long term plan.

Now you would think professional players would care and at least do their best each week but as many know who have been involved with football - if you don't want to play for your manager or your simply not good enough then that passion will not be there.

Calderwood played 4-5-1 at Forest and played a very direct style of play there - surely if those running the club did their homework when recruiting they would have known this. To be honest I don't care what formation we play - the most important issue is the results and when you play a boring style of play which isn't working and losing then you have major problems. Fans wouldn't be as angry if we were play Mowbray like football and losing at least you know each game what your getting.

The situation now is we have a manager who is killing the club both on and off the field - the club has been split in several directions for a few years and it keeps getting torn in several directions - looks like the majority are now saying the same thing - being CC must go. But there is a long way to go before the crowds go back at ER - being realistic with the state of the SPL we need a manager who will come in and unite the club again - bring the passion back and a more interesting style of play - but at the end of the day just win games!!!

The issue circles back to the people at the top who have shown yes they are good at getting good money for players and putting one of the best infrastructures in the SPL but have also shown they keep appointing the wrong person to do a key job to make the football club successful.

It's time for the fans to apply more pressure on the board and demand more or changes at the top - it's the least people are due after such a dire few seasons.

To think we were getting money for CC a few weeks ago and now we may have to pay and loose money to him to go is another prime example of the mess the owners have us in.

I Love Lamp
20-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Should have taken the £300K and ran - if you're offered money for someone you may end up having to sack and compensate, and if the sum is at all decent, then you should be 100% sure that he's the man before rejecting the offer. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could have been so convinced by Calderwood on the basis of is record last season.

I think if the board did decide to sack him then its members bear absolute responsibility for costing the club the amount they have had to compensate him plus the sum which they could have received from NF or Brum. With the financial importance of a sum like that to a club like Hibs, I think the Board members would absolutely have to consider their own position.

Accordingly, he'll get the season unless relegation starts to look likely rather than merely possible. Christ knows how many fans that will drive away (and how much that will cost) but it wouldn't be the same mortal blow to the Board's credibility than sacking Calderwood would. The Board has made Hibernian's bed and the fans will have to lie in it.

Woody1985
20-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Back for the next two months or so.

More in hope than expectation.

burghhibs
20-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Its the people that backed calderwood that should go along with him Petrie!, should have driven him down south when we had that chance! may struggle to beat Berwick on tuesday.

down the slope
Mikey , where are you ?.

Albion Hibs
I thought the game was even up until we scored, but that St. Mirren looked more dangerous than us up to that point and had the better chances. They missed two good opportunities at the back post (one each side), where more composure from the player involved would have punished us - both chances were the product of poor defending by us, we cannot handle crosses into the box. Given that both chances missed the target, you're right that Stack didn't have a save, but then surely the St. Mirren keeper could've had a nap to, no?

Before we scored, Wotherspoon blasted a shot well over the bar and Thornhill had a drive straight into the keeper's arms. The goal was quite fortunate but well finished, immediately after Stack had a save down to his left (where I think he could've done better than to paw it out into the goal mouth), and Ivan missed a good chance after a great pass by Wotherspoon. Even after we took the lead we played at the same tempo and didn't look very good - the two St. Mirren goals were obviously from individual mistakes and the lead was more than they deserved, but they punished us effectively and took their chances.

The second half was a complete non event - even though they went a goal down, St. Mirren will never get an easier away win than that in the SPL; we got in behind them a couple of times but our final ball was nowhere as near as clinical as theirs was for the second goal. They are the only SPL team that finished below us last season and they were far more accomplished than us in every department - we failed to seriously trouble them and didn't have a spell of concerted pressure at any point, which is unforgivable in a home fixture against the second bottom team from last season's SPL. They produced a couple of bits of football that we are nowhere near capable of, and generally looked better than we were overall, with a pattern to their play with the ball, and real desire to win the ball back when not in possession.

Most worrying though, was the complete lack of urgency and desire shown by Hibs at any point throughout the game - and that's ignoring the complete lack of quality in that starting 11 today. Apart from GOC's goals, we are weaker in every single department since Calderwood took over. Where do you think he has improved us?

Assuming the following as a couple of examples;
Rankin and Miller replaced by Thornhill and Osbourne I would suggest is an improvement.
Nish and Riordan replaced by O'Connor and Agogo, a bit hard to tell just now but i think will be an improvement
Dickoh replaced by O'Hanlon again I would suggest that will improve us.

Thats a few of the additions and changes look at forwards, mid, and defence. Would you agree that is an improvement in so far as we can measure just now? Or do you think if we had the above back we would be better off?

CC did not make the mistakes at the end of the day that is a fact. In fairness I feel pretty rank for both Booth and Palsson as I am sure they are pretty gutted, but they need to improve and focus a bit more rather than simply turning up.

GreenCastle
20-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Should have taken the £300K and ran - if you're offered money for someone you may end up having to sack and compensate, and if the sum is at all decent, then you should be 100% sure that he's the man before rejecting the offer. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could have been so convinced by Calderwood on the basis of is record last season.

I think if the board did decide to sack him then its members bear absolute responsibility for costing the club the amount they have had to compensate him plus the sum which they could have received from NF or Brum. With the financial importance of a sum like that to a club like Hibs, I think the Board members would absolutely have to consider their own position.

Accordingly, he'll get the season unless relegation starts to look likely rather than merely possible. Christ knows how many fans that will drive away (and how much that will cost) but it wouldn't be the same mortal blow to the Board's credibility than sacking Calderwood would. The Board has made Hibernian's bed and the fans will have to lie in it.

This is the key -why should the fans back the club and give their hard earned cash to pay for the mistakes the owners are making. They have to take responsibility and the compensation can come out their salaries!!

Is it really fair to be continually asked to buy season tickets giving cash to someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Stevie Reid
20-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Rankin and Miller replaced by Thornhill and Osbourne I would suggest is an improvement.
Nish and Riordan replaced by O'Connor and Agogo, a bit hard to tell just now but i think will be an improvement

Thats a few of the additions and changes look at forwards, mid, and defence. Would you agree that is an improvement in so far as we can measure just now? Or do you think if we had the above back we would be better off?

CC did not make the mistakes at the end of the day that is a fact. In fairness I feel pretty rank for both Booth and Palsson as I am sure they are pretty gutted, but they need to improve and focus a bit more rather than simply turning up.

I have been impressed by Calderwood's signings on paper, but not on the park - the simple fact though is that results and performances have shown that they're not an improvement so far, and I'm struggling to see signs that they will improve us. Just because I'm glad that those you have mentioned are gone, it doesn't mean that those who have been brought in are any better - the bald facts are that CC is only one defeat away from matching the worst manager in Hibs' history.

Of course he didn't make the mistakes, but any manager will always be undone by individual errors, that's a simple fact also - he needs to show that he is capable of putting a team on the park that can overcome such adversity and create chances and win points, something that seems beyond him at the moment, barring a complete miracle.

No one at all looks up for a game these days, no one that you can say "he looks in the mood" about - Ivan carried a threat, and Sodje shows great desire, but they are in a minority. Playing for Hibs looks like hard work, and even worse, the players look incapable of working hard.

All in all, watching Hibs at the moment is an horrendous experience, even more awful than Mixu and Yogi's worst - and that's saying something. The only way to stop this downward spiral hurting so much is to switch off and walk away - and sadly that's what many supporters will do.

Hibrandenburg
20-08-2011, 06:28 PM

That was dire.

At least we could sing the 'Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries' song without being hypocritical.

AJWisme
20-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Get him gone.

bighairyfaeleith
20-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Still backing him for now, today was disappointing but I still reckon it will get turned around once we start to see the best from the new signings. We need O'hanlon back in the defence and could do with signing another experienced defender before the window shuts.

To the people wanting JJ as our manager, please have a word with yourselves:spammy:

delbert
20-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Get rid of this goon now, he does'nt want to be here, thats obvious, and equally so is the fact he cannot either inspire or coach this particular group of players to perform anything like a football team. The football in turgid, no urgency, pace, guile, passion and a bunch of players who 4 games into the season already look like they are simply going through the motions. This club needs a huge shot in the arm, we have a guy who lives in Edinburgh who is out of a job and who has already said that at one point in his career he wants to manage the club he supported as a boy, and who would be seen as the first 'marquee signing' at this club in years, not to mention that fact that he does'nt take any cr4p either - Step forward Mr Strachan

Stuarty27
20-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Get him out, he has no passion for the club and does not care.

The players he has brought in are no better than the players that have left.

Disgrace, the club is in diseray. So sad

ancient hibee
20-08-2011, 06:44 PM
It's not the manager's fault that two professional footballers(one a favourite of the fans)do not know that if you are in doubt or trouble you put the ball into Row ZZ.

GreenCastle
20-08-2011, 06:45 PM
It's not the manager's fault that two professional footballers(one a favourite of the fans)do not know that if you are in doubt or trouble you put the ball into Row ZZ.

:confused: He picks them and coaches them to do a job - he is their boss - surely he is to blame for making the wrong choice to play them if they can't do the basics.

cad
20-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Season ticket holders must wonder what they have bought into ,I left as a walk up just about half way through the second half just totally pissed off.

I had not intended to go I just thought today was a big match in Hibs season and maybe with our new signings a win could maybe be on the cards .

After taking my seat ,Garry on his todd up front ,St Mirren at home just don't equate , didn't think we were that bad TBH 2 howlers later Im not a happy bunny like most around me .

To cut a long story short hoofball , my money will never happen ,don't know when I will be back never even went to the pub ,still ****in ragin at what Hibs are all aboiut at the minute .

As for changes at Hibs ,cant see anything new soon .
Rods financial genius far outways his **** ups when he picks our managers ,its Sir Toms baw and thats fine , this afternoon we played hoofball with it ,the more I think about it St Mirren at home one up front 2 howler heehaw motivation at halftime best we can do is hoof ****in ball sad really its so ****in sad they should be ashamed of themselves

Brooster
20-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Get him out now. He is clueless.

ancient hibee
20-08-2011, 06:52 PM
:confused: He picks them and coaches them to do a job - he is their boss - surely he is to blame for making the wrong choice to play them if they can't do the basics.

So the manager is responsible for basic mistakes on the pitch=so he leaves out everyone that makes them-who does he pick?

wah
20-08-2011, 06:53 PM

Its his fault for starting the season with a defence that we all knew were capable of this type of error. There can be no excuses for this half wit.

Alfred E Newman
20-08-2011, 06:53 PM

These are damming statistics. I decided to play golf today instead of using my foolishly bought season ticket so can`t comment on the performance but after reading this post I immediatly voted OUT.

wah
20-08-2011, 06:58 PM

Its his fault for starting the season with a defence that we all knew were capable of this type of error. There can be no excuses for this half wit.

Badge
20-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Get him out now. He is clueless.

Correct. He needs to go now.
There is no shape to the team,
Thornhill is lost in the position he's being asked to play in,
the back 4 should have been changed after last week, if O'hanlon is fit enough to be on the bench he should have started,
Wotherspoon needs a wee spell out of the team, his confidence is shattered
Pallson is not a full back
we need a leader
we need someone who can put their foot on the ball in the middle of the park and make things happen
we need 2 full backs, Booth should be pushed further forward

He has had 2 windows to see what is needed and hasn't addressed these problems

Crowds are dropping and that will continue until he goes

Sorry. Still effing raging

crash
20-08-2011, 07:01 PM
So the manager is responsible for basic mistakes on the pitch=so he leaves out everyone that makes them-who does he pick?

Its him who has assembled a back four of inexperienced youngsters who will always be prone to mistakes so he is 100% responsible.

Andy74
20-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Okay. That was five minutes today. What about the rest of his record?

And why no real attempt to get back into the game in the second half?

DMR1875
20-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I cant believe how bad CC has been and is still in his job, as an ex defender you would think he would get that area organised first.
The club needs freshened completely, Petrie has to go also.Our biggest loss was when John Park went to Celtic, he found the lads that made us all that transfer money.
When you hear agents they hate to deal with Petrie,Is he holding Hibs back? We have everything in place training ground, great stadium but a disfunctional football team. All the managers we have had got good results but players sold as soon as they showed promise without any quality coming in.
All companies get a shake up in the boardroom it's time for us,Farmer must see that.

Don Giovanni
20-08-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought the game was even up until we scored, but that St. Mirren looked more dangerous than us up to that point and had the better chances. They missed two good opportunities at the back post (one each side), where more composure from the player involved would have punished us - both chances were the product of poor defending by us, we cannot handle crosses into the box. Given that both chances missed the target, you're right that Stack didn't have a save, but then surely the St. Mirren keeper could've had a nap to, no? Before we scored, Wotherspoon blasted a shot well over the bar and Thornhill had a drive straight into the keeper's arms. The goal was quite fortunate but well finished, immediately after Stack had a save down to his left (where I think he could've done better than to paw it out into the goal mouth), and Ivan missed a good chance after a great pass by Wotherspoon. Even after we took the lead we played at the same tempo and didn't look very good - the two St. Mirren goals were obviously from individual mistakes and the lead was more than they deserved, but they punished us effectively and took their chances.The second half was a complete non event - even though they went a goal down, St. Mirren will never get an easier away win than that in the SPL; we got in behind them a couple of times but our final ball was nowhere as near as clinical as theirs was for the second goal. They are the only SPL team that finished below us last season and they were far more accomplished than us in every department - we failed to seriously trouble them and didn't have a spell of concerted pressure at any point, which is unforgivable in a home fixture against the second bottom team from last season's SPL. They produced a couple of bits of football that we are nowhere near capable of, and generally looked better than we were overall, with a pattern to their play with the ball, and real desire to win the ball back when not in possession.Most worrying though, was the complete lack of urgency and desire shown by Hibs at any point throughout the game - and that's ignoring the complete lack of quality in that starting 11 today. Apart from GOC's goals, we are weaker in every single department since Calderwood took over. Where do you think he has improved us? :agree with pretty much all of that. A fair and accurate account of todays game. Good post.

Ray_
20-08-2011, 07:08 PM

It was ST Mirren at home we were playing & the ST Mirren of today, not the one that had the likes of Peter Weir, Tony Fitzpatrick, Frank McGarvey etc. The SPL is rank rotten & we are amongst the dregs at the bottom of it.

eastmainsmsh
20-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Basically Petrie wants everything to come through the East Mains Acadamy .... No ambition run hibs as a business ....Totally disillusioned with things just now :agree:

SneakersO'Toole
20-08-2011, 07:14 PM
The facts don't lie. CC record is atrocious since becoming Hibs manager. He has no excuses anymore.

The same theory applies to Rod Petrie. His record of appointing managers is equally dismal.

I'm really on the fence with this one. I told myself at this start of this season that I would give him something that previous incumbents had not been given - TIME. I recognise that chopping and changing doesn't get you anywhere. But CC is making it almost impossible to justify him keeping his job for much longer.

There is absolutely no evidence that he can turn this around. I think the board will give him until we have played at least each team once to see if he has the capability to turn things round. That on the face of it would seem fair. However, another woeful performance next week followed by all too familar derby disappointment will probably be the last straw for me.

If/when we goes, Petrie has to follow him. Our club is a sinking ship. Look at the crowd today - and who can blame the ones that stayed away. Ultimately, decisions from the top of the food chain have had a detrimental effect on the development of this club in the last few years.

The entire football club needs a lightening bolt to the heart, and soon. Or all the hard work invested in bringing this club back to a stable financial football will be wasted with 6/7k attendances and year-on-year losses in the bank book a thing of the future.

EVENTUALLY
20-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Booth and Palsson did make catastrophic mistakes BUT no doubt about it Calderwood's stamp on these players is all too evident. That defence against Killie was dire and yet he put them straight back in again!!! Palsson made one mistake today and was hooked, and yet Stephens who was shocking last week is back in today....WHY? Calderwood is at it. He is f^&*ing us up to get the bullet and get away. It really is clear he is on a sobotage mission. A terrible manager, awful. Grant him his wish Petrie and sack him now. Get Bollan in.

Russ
20-08-2011, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=steakbake;2892162]He made a point of shaking everyone's hand

Murray should be grateful to Calderwood, he should be nowhere near the first team, like Wotherspoon, playing with these 2 unfit jokers in midfield is like playing with 9 men. Calderwood has to ditch them both for tuesday night and we'll see a difference I'm sure. 2 defensive blunders cost us dearly, I felt really sorry for the 2 young boys.

What I'm gonna say will probable get shot down because for some reason Stack is seen as some messiah by some on here, the guy is a clown, his only attempt at catching a ball this season cost us a goal, and the defence are scared to play it back to him because he doesn't like it on the ground either, Booths mistake was firmly down to that I believe. Anyway I say back Calderwood but he has to make changes and get it right Tuesday night. GGTTH.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Time's up, his overall record is startlingly bad.

scoopyboy
20-08-2011, 07:24 PM
I voted back because I don't want him sacked, I want him to resign.

If Brum offered £300,000 we should have taken it, now if we sack him we are going to have to shell out.

sahib
20-08-2011, 07:29 PM

That was dire.

That would be a bloody entertaining appointment. Good grief! the pain this would cause to some appeals to my worst instincts. Better even than the stadium being being sponsored by Hertz, as someone suggested could happen. Football is part soap opera, so go for it I say.

GreenCastle
20-08-2011, 07:32 PM

Yes - it's all linked - poor appointments from the board - hiring the wrong manager.

The manager is getting paid to use his knowledge to pick the best players for the club - players who make the fewest mistakes (no footballer is mistake free) - ok we aren't Barcelona - far from it - but if he is playing players who constantly make mistakes then we will continue to loose games - seems to be the same players - meaning bad selections.

As others have pointed out - we know our defence is bad - what has he done to change that ? ER has had a shocking record of goalkeepers since Anderson was here all those years ago - compare us to the yams GK's over the last few years -they have one or two who are solid.

I would argue we need a keeper - a right back - plus maybe another center back.

Stack although the best we have is still not good enough - Right back..we had one till Towel went back to Celtic. Center back - yes O' Hanlon has been brought in but one injury and Stevens and Hanlon aren't good enough together.

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2011, 07:36 PM
CC never learnt a thing from last week.... Same formation with only 1 change....1 man up front at home scandalous.....

They had two decent chances before we scored, and I can't recall their keeper having to make a save....

Comical defending absolutely woeful......

CC has no idea how to change a game, St Mirren looked comfortable... Poor stuff indeed

sahib
20-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Basically Petrie wants everything to come through the East Mains Acadamy .... No ambition run hibs as a business ....Totally disillusioned with things just now :agree:

So do I.
You can waste a lot of money on crocks and has-beens. The top earners at Hibs should be the scouts and coaches.

hibbytam
20-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Heart says he needs to go now. Head suggests that he will probably be given till christmas, which means another few months of pish like that.

joe breezy
20-08-2011, 08:05 PM

If Brum offered £300,000 we should have taken it, now if we sack him we are going to have to shell out.

He won't resign now as he has nowhere to go to...we missed that chance.

Petrie :doh:

DH1875
20-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Come on guy's. Do you honestly think Rod's gonna sack the guy a month after knocking back a £400k offer for him. I make no apologies, I don't want him at the club and have said so from day one but to think we are going to sack him is crazy. The best we can do is get behind the team and hope CC resignes before it's to late.

Hiber-nation
20-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I would only vote to sack if I had a clue who could come in and turn it all around.

I don't and neither does anyone else.

Depressing times.

wah
20-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Come on guy's. Do you honestly think Rod's gonna sack the guy a month after knocking back a £400k offer for him. I make no apologies, I don't want him at the club and have said so from day one but to think we are going to sack him is crazy. The best we can do is get behind the team and hope CC resignes before it's to late.

The cost of fighting relegation or relegation itself will dwarf the £400k we let slip. The downward spiral is snowballing if its not stopped quickly the consequences will be devastating.

wah
20-08-2011, 08:34 PM
I would only vote to sack if I had a clue who could come in and turn it all around.

I don't and neither does anyone else.

Depressing times.

Motherwell and Kilmarnock seemed to have managed ok.

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Motherwell and Kilmarnock seemed to have managed ok.

Perhaps we should support them?

wah
20-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Perhaps we should support them?

Random reply meaning what exactly?

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Random reply meaning what exactly?

Perhaps we wouldnt be miserable if we supported them. We'd all be happy as they're so much better than us.

silverhibee
20-08-2011, 08:41 PM

And there can only be one person to blame for that SB, Mr Petrie, and it should cost him his position at the club, everbody and there dog knew that CC wanted away from Hibs over the summer, but RP came out with that ridiculous statement regarding the wee run of games that CC put together but forgot to mention the bad run of games, RP made it clear that the board wanted CC to take Hibs forward and that he was the man for the job and they were backing him after fending of BCFC and NFFC to take CC away from our club, they are welcome to him now.
RP has dug the hole for himself, he has only one choice and that is to still back CC as the Hibs manager, if RP was to get rid in the next few weeks it would look badly on him and this time i cant see the fans letting RP of this time for making another wrong choice regarding managers, i know it is near on impossible to get rid off RP but someone will have to pay the price for the mess wee are in, i would be a bit worried if i was Scott Lindsay he may be the fall guy for this mess.

wah
20-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Perhaps we wouldnt be miserable if we supported them. We'd all be happy as they're so much better than us.

I would be delighted if i supported either of these clubs as they have over achieved on a lesser budget than we have. You may be content with the dross on the park but others want a change in direction.

mon the cabbage
20-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Who'd take him?:dunno::wink:

Who cares?:dunno:

Honestly, I dont want him to stay I have been patient he has had decent signings but whats the point if they cannae kick a ball.

wah
20-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Who cares?:dunno:

Honestly, I dont want him to stay I have been patient he has had decent signings but whats the point if they cannae kick a ball.

this

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 08:59 PM
I would get rid of him right now, closely followed out the door by Rod Petrie.

The decision to refuse Notts Forest and Birmingham permission to speak to Calderwood is getting worse all the time. If, which is seeming increasingly likely all the time, he ends up going under "mutual consent" then that will be 3 managers in a row, in a little more than 2 years, who will have left the club having ultimately failed.

That, to me, points to a complete failure by the board and they have to be held responsible for making these decisions.

A comprehensive defeat next week in the derby is looking very possible and, should that happen, I think his position would be completely untenable. After the derby, we then have two weeks before our next match so we could be well underway in the process of finding a new manager by the time that we are next in action.

I'm just completely sick of Hibs right now. There is hardly anything that I have enjoyed about going to Easter Road for such a long time now and I just don't see any signs that it's going to get better.

Playing the same defence that was so shambolic at Rugby Park last week and playing with just one striker at home for over an hour against St Mirren are both decisions that really beggar belief.

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 09:00 PM
I would be delighted if i supported either of these clubs as they have over achieved on a lesser budget than we have. You may be content with the dross on the park but others want a change in direction.

When did I say i was content with it?

wah
20-08-2011, 09:04 PM
When did I say i was content with it?

Well how am i miserable for suggesting what i did? why not stick to the thread instead of posting this random crap.... whats the point when supporters are trying to vent their anger and you mince in with this drivel?

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Well how am i miserable for suggesting what i did? why not stick to the thread instead of posting this random crap.... whats the point when supporters are trying to vent their anger and you mince in with this drivel?

Are you miserable? I'm not best pleased myself but lets just chill a bit and think things through.

wah
20-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Are you miserable? I'm not best pleased myself but lets just chill a bit and think things through.

Whether i am miserable or not has got **** all to do with this thread. If you don't have anything to contribute then go fiddle off somewhere else. Supporters on this thread want to show their feelings towards the team / club.

PapillonVert
20-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I do not think CC is up to the job. He is clearly a decent man and a hard worker but the job is beyond him.

Actually, the job is probably beyond most people.

WarringtonHibee
20-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Get rid of the lot from top to bottom and start from scratch, we're a ****ing joke and I've wasted a 6 hour round trip to watch what is basically a pub team.

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Whether i am miserable or not has got **** all to do with this thread. If you don't have anything to contribute then go fiddle off somewhere else. Supporters on this thread want to show their feelings towards the team / club.

I can fiddle wherever I like. I feel my contribution is valuable.

HNA9
20-08-2011, 09:21 PM

Calm it down guys please - I'm no exactly in the best of moods :greengrin

wah
20-08-2011, 09:24 PM

Of course it is but if this thread is trying to address specific issues about the team / club there is no place for random **** deflecting from the theme.

The Falcon
20-08-2011, 09:45 PM

I dont think we were ever offered £300k let alone £400k.

Dirkster23
20-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I dont think we were ever offered £300k let alone £400k.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hibs-reject-300k-offer-for.6794049.jp

The Scotsman thinks we were.

wah
20-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Oh well then thats gospel!

Dirkster23
20-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh well then thats gospel!

Did i say it was gospel? It does suggest there was an offer made tho :na na:

The Falcon
20-08-2011, 09:56 PM

Unfortunately I doubt it somehow.

wah
20-08-2011, 09:57 PM

whatever. You believe what makes you happy:na na:

The Falcon
20-08-2011, 09:58 PM

I suspect they never really got down to talking figures other than the "release clause" if there ever was one. Its gone now though and we move on.

tooley
20-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Petrie can go with him. Our club is a ****ing joke!

:thumbsup:

Dirkster23
20-08-2011, 10:00 PM
whatever. You believe what makes you happy:na na:

Why would it make me happy?

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Why would it make me happy?

You can join me. I am "content" apparently.

Captain Trips
20-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Clownshoes in directors box, Clownshoe in dugout, Clownshoes on pitch. Stated now for months Hibs are geading for a disaster total joke of a result again.

Speedway
20-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Why is every manager we bring in ok before he comes to Hibs and immediately becomes clueless from there on in.

What pill do we ask him to take? He'll lose the dressing roon next no doubt.

If Vlad is a Hibby, is Petrie a Yam?

marinello59
20-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Why is every manager we bring in ok before he comes to Hibs and immediately becomes clueless from there on in.

What pill do we ask him to take? He'll lose the dressing roon next no doubt.

If Vlad is a Hibby, is Petrie a Yam?

No idea but it definitely ain't ecstasy.

pacorosssco
20-08-2011, 11:11 PM

:top marks

R'Albin
21-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Interesting. I'm surprised that poll is so one sided to Calderwood leaving, I expected it to be quite even..

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Clownshoes in directors box, Clownshoe in dugout, Clownshoes on pitch. Stated now for months Hibs are geading for a disaster total joke of a result again.

Club is rotten to the core from top to bottom.....

hibsbollah
21-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I wish there was a 'dont know/past caring' option. I think the problem at hibs goes deeper than the manager. Ive said 'back him' purely on the basis that we still have some of his new signings to see.

BroxburnHibee
21-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Club is rotten to the core from top to bottom.....

Dear oh dear.

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Dear oh dear.

Great response.....Tell me why you don't think it is then?? From what I can see our Board bungle along, we have a poor manager, and a poor team, or do you believe everything is just tickety-boo?

BroxburnHibee
21-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm hurting just like everyone else but 'rotten to the core'

Overreacting imo

I've never been convinced about calderwood but I was willing to give it time as we needed stability

I'm also willing to concede that petries record on managerial appointments is poor

No way do I think our club is rotten though and anyone who watched the recent interviews with SL and FH can't tell me these guys don't have the best interests of the club at heart

Throwing insults at them helps no one

Baldy Foghorn
21-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Overreacting imo

I've never been convinced about calderwood but I was willing to give it time as we needed stability

I'm also willing to concede that petries record on managerial appointments is poor

No way do I think our club is rotten though and anyone who watched the recent interviews with SL and FH can't tell me these guys don't have the best interests of the club at heart

It is my opinion...... I think we have no ambition, we continually get managerial appointments badly wrong, we are losing fans at an alarming rate, we have no direction.....Interesting soundbytes from SL and FH, but from what I can see nothing really being addressed

HibbyAndy
21-08-2011, 10:00 AM
A humping at Tynecastle and CC's position becomes untenable IMO.He would simply have to go.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't believe the club is rotten to the core, what's wrong is we again have a manager who to put it simply can't manage. He's been backed as usual, they all are. But again we have a team that's out played and out fought by a team that's cost a fraction of ours. Petrie again has to shoulder the blame. How many more bullets can he dodge before farmer takes any notice.

smurf
21-08-2011, 10:09 AM

Overreacting imo

Am I right in saying you've stopped going to games?

BroxburnHibee
21-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Am I right in saying you've stopped going to games?

Not stopped - just chosen to save a bit money this year by not investing in a season ticket.

Still planning on attending some games though.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I want the fans who said back him to explain why we should give clueless Colin more time and money

You of all people should know about backing people 100% :wink:

Last season was a right off due to mainly poor players from JH era poor tactial decisions and team selections. I said he will get at least a whole season for me to see how he does. If it turns out it's not to be then fair enough he has to go, but not 4 games into the new season.

And yes i voted Back not Sack

:cgwa

HibbyDave
21-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Truthfully I could not care less anymore. The club will acheive what we have consistently acheived every season.....The square root of a pickle jar.

We won't win the league (perhaps not even be in the top six). We won't win any trophies and we might just have an occasional "big match" win.

Generally not much will change so what does it matter who the manager is?

Simply the facts and they are indisputable.

Hermit Crab
21-08-2011, 10:36 AM
A humping at Tynecastle and CC's position becomes untenable IMO.He would simply have to go.

Yet if he masterminds a victory he will be a hero and he must stay right?? :dunno:

SneakersO'Toole
21-08-2011, 01:43 PM

Having the better interets at heart is one thing. Actually having the capability to make a positive difference is another.

Consistently poor decisions from board level have seen this club regress over the last few years. Which is exactly why you and hundreds of other fans are not renewing season tickets (quite understandably so).

If CC fails (which is looking more and more likely with every passing week), the board MUST take accountability and there MUST be changes. Going through the same cycle of letting them have free reigns to appoint someone else will most likely end in disappointment and further damage to the club.

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Which is exactly why you and hundreds of other fans are not renewing season tickets (quite understandably so).

Poor performance is unoubtedly a factor but its worth noting that other clubs are well down on ST sales as well.

Hibiza
21-08-2011, 03:13 PM
im inclined to agree, but whos gonna want the job??

Sean O'Drisscoll . Doncaster Rovers