PDA

View Full Version : NHC Goodwillie Fee (goes straight to the bank)

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Did anybody else hear that on the radio?

All of the fee Utd got for Goodwillie has been taken by the bank, and Stephen Thompson saying the family have no more money for the club.

Could they be next to go into administration??

MSK
20-08-2011, 01:43 PM

All of the fee Utd got for Goodwillie has been taken by the bank, and Stephen Thompson saying the family have no more money for the club.

Could they be next to go into administration??The state Scottish football is in that wouldnt really surprise me ..:agree:

whiskyhibby
20-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Doesn't sound good for them I must admit..........

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.961299,-3.164921

Green_one
20-08-2011, 05:27 PM

The fee must cover a significant part of the debt.I doubt DU are in the most difficulty but who knows. Basically we are almost all broke or heading that way.

Hibs Class
20-08-2011, 05:32 PM

I hear that too. I doubt they'll be closest to administration but I imagine their fans will be pretty displeased, especially after today's result as well. I doubt the Thomsons will let them go into administration but I think their position is they won't be funding transfer fees or a bigger squad.

IWasThere2016
20-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Arabs are not near admin - but they'd a £6m debt the bank insisted was reduced.

Gettin' Auld
20-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Daryl Duffy"s training there and could be their next signing.
Hasn't he just joined an english team?

Tricla
20-08-2011, 06:19 PM

Twice :greengrin

IWasThere2016
20-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Twice :greengrin

He's keen :greengrin

PaulSmith
20-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Scored two for Cheltenham today

IWasThere2016
20-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Has defo been at Tanna this week.

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Has defo been at Tanna this week.

:hilarious 1st with the news again TQM!

Danderhall Hibs
20-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Hasn't he just joined an english team?

No, not just signed. According to the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14232498.stm) he signed a 2 year deal in July.

Strange that he'd be training/on trial at Tannadice a month later. Maybe TQM can clear up what he was doing there?

sahib
20-08-2011, 07:59 PM

The ladies college, I presume.:wink:

I didn't think he got a fair a crack at Hibs. He returned from injury to a struggling team.

DH1875
20-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Don't know about that. According to the beeb they've got to sell another player (don't ask me who) before the widow shuts or the bank will move in.

IWasThere2016
20-08-2011, 09:09 PM
No, not just signed. According to the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14232498.stm) he signed a 2 year deal in July.

Strange that he'd be training/on trial at Tannadice a month later. Maybe TQM can clear up what he was doing there?

I'd love to know why Arab players/staff have said this in recent days to agents/fans .. Bizarre! Absolutely bizarre!

SteveHFC
20-08-2011, 11:53 PM

I would take Pernis, Kenneth, Swanson and Russell off them. If they went into Adminsitration

Sir David Gray
20-08-2011, 11:58 PM
I would take Pernis, Kenneth, Swanson and Russell off them. If they went into Adminsitration

Peter Houston as well, thanks. :agree:

H18sry
21-08-2011, 12:18 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14604103.stm Houston we have a problem :wink:

Hermit Crab
21-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Peter Houston as well, thanks. :agree:

Im not convinced with Houston im affraid. One maybe two good seasons. (Standing by to be corrected)
Hes lost a few decent players and seems to be struggling a bit? :dunno:

The Falcon
21-08-2011, 06:16 AM

Are they not also pretty indebted to the Thomson family? It also appears that Thomson junior is nowhere near as benevolent as his old man was and while admin is not looming it is interesting times ahead for United.

BSEJVT
21-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Are they not also pretty indebted to the Thomson family? It also appears that Thomson junior is nowhere near as benevolent as his old man was and while admin is not looming it is interesting times ahead for United.

Exactly the same as Gretna when Brooks Mileson wasnt at the reins.

It shows what a worry depending on the benevolence of one man to keep funding losses is.

Haggis Hibby
21-08-2011, 04:33 PM
AND people want Hibs to live beyond our means :dunno::sairhead:

IWasThere2016
21-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Im not convinced with Houston im affraid. One maybe two good seasons. (Standing by to be corrected)
Hes lost a few decent players and seems to be struggling a bit? :dunno:

IIRC, the last funds ST put in were via a soft loan - but it was a loan, and not additional investment.

I'm not sure Houston isn't just spouting - the Goodwillie sale cover a large chunk of the debt.

IWasThere2016
21-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Exactly the same as Gretna when Brooks Mileson wasnt at the reins.

It shows what a worry depending on the benevolence of one man to keep funding losses is.

Their financial results over last fews years are most likely a net profit.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-08-2011, 04:44 PM
If United need to sell their version of a golden generation, then it is hardly the first time that has happened in the SPL. Cash bids for players before the deadline maybe hard to knock back.. Scott Alan looks a real find.

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Their financial results over last fews years are most likely a net profit.

The figures I have for Utd between 2001 and 2009 show a cumulative loss of £11.7m and only a profit in 07-08.

I am told for 2009-2010 they showed a profit of £66k. Its worth noting that they won the SC Cup in this time and finished third in the league. Also showed that they were loaned £435k from ST.

nortonhibby
21-08-2011, 07:28 PM
AND people want Hibs to live beyond our means :dunno::sairhead:

no we want a balance we want a winning team and a good balance sheet.

Kaiser1962
21-08-2011, 07:43 PM

We do but the United analogy is a good one as they are the team I would have held up as an example of punching above their weight. While they are not in trouble by any means they are having to re-evaluate where they are and what they are doing. They have been as successful as is really possible in Scotland over the last two years yet their average attendance has fallen by near 20% in that time and this year they are reporting seasons have fallen by 18% on the previous season. On top of that it's Thomson money that is keeping them on an even keel. And this is not Vlad type mayhem this is a well run club which proves its a very difficult trick to pull off.

Haggis Hibby
21-08-2011, 08:06 PM

Exactly,,,BUT how do we get a balance when other teams are paying over the odds,,,, i would love to see us spending loads on players BUT our long term future is secure i want Hibs to be here for my childrens / childrens / children.....