PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is D Day for CC

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Before anyone starts Im suggesting that the Board sack Mr Calderwood tomorrow if we dont win. I am somewhat amazed at the support he has on this site. Ok he has rebuilt the team he inherited from Yogi but as yogi himself stated the rebuilding process would have taken time. In my opinion the board overeacted to some so called Hibs fans calling for yogi,s head. Mr calderwood has done nothing in my opinion that has bettered the side when he took over from yogi I belive we were eighth Mr calderwood guided us to tenth. The facts and figures speak for themselves CCs results have been shocking add to that the brand of football we are playing is very very poor. At the end of last season we drew with St. Mirren and lost to every other bottom six team. He has had plenty of time to work with the vast majority of the squad and although bringing in his own players may pacify some of our support the only place we are heading is the First Division unless the board act now. I know many supporters will talk about changing Managers frequently but if something is not working you dont just ignore it. I have frequently stated my opinion of whom should be appointed and I think Rod should be looking at Gordon Strachan, he is a Hibs Man and would not take any nonsense. As we are one of the Clubs in the SPL with lesser debts than many others I feel the board should spend a reasonable amount of money to get some good solid hard working journeymen into the side who can compliment our up and coming young players. We can all see what is required of our current side, a Comanding centre Half who takes no prisoners, a couple of good full backs, two ball winners in the midfield who can take control and provide good ball to our front men and finally a solid forward who will rough up other defences. For Years as a team we have been far too soft and powder Puff its time this club and the people who represent us in the board room invest the capital to make us a force once again in Scottish and hopefully european football. Invest and we will once again see ER full to capacity. I for one am sick to death of seeing our once great team being made a laughing stock. :flag:

SquashedFrogg
19-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Before anyone starts Im suggesting that the Board sack Mr Calderwood tomorrow if we dont win. I am somewhat amazed at the support he has on this site. Ok he has rebuilt the team he inherited from Yogi but as yogi himself stated the rebuilding process would have taken time. In my opinion the board overeacted to some so called Hibs fans calling for yogi,s head. Mr calderwood has done nothing in my opinion that has bettered the side when he took over from yogi I belive we were eighth Mr calderwood guided us to tenth. The facts and figures speak for themselves CCs results have been shocking add to that the brand of football we are playing is very very poor. At the end of last season we drew with St. Mirren and lost to every other bottom six team. He has had plenty of time to work with the vast majority of the squad and although bringing in his own players may pacify some of our support the only place we are heading is the First Division unless the board act now. I know many supporters will talk about changing Managers frequently but if something is not working you dont just ignore it. I have frequently stated my opinion of whom should be appointed and I think Rod should be looking at Gordon Strachan, he is a Hibs Man and would not take any nonsense. As we are one of the Clubs in the SPL with lesser debts than many others I feel the board should spend a reasonable amount of money to get some good solid hard working journeymen into the side who can compliment our up and coming young players. We can all see what is required of our current side, a Comanding centre Half who takes no prisoners, a couple of good full backs, two ball winners in the midfield who can take control and provide good ball to our front men and finally a solid forward who will rough up other defences. For Years as a team we have been far too soft and powder Puff its time this club and the people who represent us in the board room invest the capital to make us a force once again in Scottish and hopefully european football. Invest and we will once again see ER full to capacity. I for one am sick to death of seeing our once great team being made a laughing stock. :flag:

Sniff? :agree:

Think you'll find laughing stock was last night

FranckSuzy
19-08-2011, 08:24 PM
]Before anyone starts Im suggesting that the Board sack Mr Calderwood tomorrow if we dont win. I am somewhat amazed at the support he has on this site. Ok he has rebuilt the team he inherited from Yogi but as yogi himself stated the rebuilding process would have taken time. In my opinion the board overeacted to some so called Hibs fans calling for yogi,s head. Mr calderwood has done nothing in my opinion that has bettered the side when he took over from yogi I belive we were eighth Mr calderwood guided us to tenth. The facts and figures speak for themselves CCs results have been shocking add to that the brand of football we are playing is very very poor. At the end of last season we drew with St. Mirren and lost to every other bottom six team. He has had plenty of time to work with the vast majority of the squad and although bringing in his own players may pacify some of our support the only place we are heading is the First Division unless the board act now. I know many supporters will talk about changing Managers frequently but if something is not working you dont just ignore it. I have frequently stated my opinion of whom should be appointed and I think Rod should be looking at Gordon Strachan, he is a Hibs Man and would not take any nonsense. As we are one of the Clubs in the SPL with lesser debts than many others I feel the board should spend a reasonable amount of money to get some good solid hard working journeymen into the side who can compliment our up and coming young players. We can all see what is required of our current side, a Comanding centre Half who takes no prisoners, a couple of good full backs, two ball winners in the midfield who can take control and provide good ball to our front men and finally a solid forward who will rough up other defences. For Years as a team we have been far too soft and powder Puff its time this club and the people who represent us in the board room invest the capital to make us a force once again in Scottish and hopefully european football. Invest and we will once again see ER full to capacity. I for one am sick to death of seeing our once great team being made a laughing stock. :flag: [/B]

Should the first line not be I'm 'not' suggesting that the board sack CC :confused:

Haggis Hibby
19-08-2011, 08:25 PM
:blah::blah:

LeithBoozy
19-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Overwhelming smell of Yam, on this post. :agree:

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2011, 08:29 PM
:blah::blah:

I personally dont give a stuff about the Yams, Im only interested in My team. In any walk of life if your not doing your job right you get some time to improve. Im afraid Mr Calderwood has not improved our side. The Facts are in Black and White.

stoneyburn hibs
19-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Three games into the season and the morn is d-day , stop it please

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2011, 08:38 PM

You are typical of some of the narrow minded so called Hibees if anyone says anything at all against the club you think they are Yams. As I said I dont care what other people say I have followed Hibs for 50 years and Im sick to death watching players who cant even control a ball. I agree Hearts are a laughing stock but we are heading that way as well. we should all be singing of the same hymn sheet. Surely its not wrong to want the best for our team. I despair at comments such as yours and Im of the opinion as your name says that you must be boozy if your enjoying watching us recently. I for one want to watch attacking football as I did in the 70s with turnbulls tornadoes.

Tricla
19-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Three games into the season and the morn is d-day , stop it please

Exactly.

CC has had time to build his side. Now he needs time to gel it.

Settle down people.

I don't think the OP is a Yam but D-Day is a bit of a Yammish term to use.

matty_f
19-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Exactly.CC has had time to build his side. Now he needs time to gel it.Settle down people.I don't think the OP is a Yam but D-Day is a bit of a Yammish term to use.:agree:

RMQ1967
I personally dont give a stuff about the Yams, Im only interested in My team. In any walk of life if your not doing your job right you get some time to improve. Im afraid Mr Calderwood has not improved our side. The Facts are in Black and White.

I don't care if you're hertz or Hibs fan - this is nonsense. There's very little chance that a team of new players & youngsters is going to gel after 4 games - the recent signings will barely be match fit!

The suggestion that this game is some kind of final straw for CC is rediculous - the time to judge his team / progress is end of 1st quarter at earliest & possibly even end of 2nd quarter.

Fed up reading this nonsense after every setback - give the guy a break until the team's properly up & running ffs!

jdships

As always you as a supporter are entitled to an opinion but come on - three games into the season and you want the manager sacked !!
:dunno::na na:

Hibrandenburg
You put Shaun Lawson to shame in making a short point into an epic adventure.

LeithBoozy
19-08-2011, 08:50 PM
i don't care if you're hertz or hibs fan - this is nonsense. There's very little chance that a team of new players & youngsters is going to gel after 4 games - the recent signings will barely be match fit!

The suggestion that this game is some kind of final straw for cc is rediculous - the time to judge his team / success is end of 1st quarter at earliest & possibly even end of 2nd quarter.

Fed up reading this nonsense after every setback - give the guy a break until the team's properly up & running ffs! exactly, bang-on.

erskine-hibby
19-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Had we kept Yogi I truly believe we would have been playing in the first division this year.

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2011, 09:19 PM
As always you as a supporter are entitled to an opinion but come on - three games into the season and you want the manager sacked !!
:dunno::na na:

The Problem is it isnt just 3 games into the season its the results since he took over. Add to that is we have probably only had one very good performance in all that time. So Im afraid get your facts right. Once again the stats do not lie.

Viva_Palmeiras
For all those not prepared to give time to managers and ride out the storm I suggest speaking to a dons fan.
Let the man get on with it keep the heid.
"When you're going through hell keep going"
And it's hardly hell - well not yet ;)

Kato
Had we kept Yogi I truly believe we would have been playing in the first division this year.

No doubt about it.

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2011, 09:21 PM

Again we are all entitled to our opinion but I disagree and think Yogi would have turned results in our favour. Anyway its done now and if we keep CC we WILL be in the first Division I have NO DOUBT about that.

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2011, 09:26 PM
For all those not prepared to give time to managers and ride out the storm I suggest speaking to a dons fan.
Let the man get on with it keep the heid.
"When you're going through hell keep going"
And it's hardly hell - well not yet ;)

That is a matter of opinion. I have said before I have Never saw a worse Hibs team. I can only hope things improve but I genuinely dont see that with CC to me he is worse than useless. I would donate some of my wages for his bus fair to birmingham or Forest or wherever he wants to be because the truth is we all know he dosn,t want to be at ER.

Haggis Hibby
19-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Again we are all entitled to our opinion but I disagree and think Yogi would have turned results in our favour. Anyway its done now and if we keep CC we WILL be in the first Division I have NO DOUBT about that.

wanna share the Lotto numbers...... oh seeyer of all :not worth

R'Albin
19-08-2011, 09:27 PM

Really:rolleyes:?

Brebners Bookie
19-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Dinnae be silly

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't care if you're hertz or Hibs fan - this is nonsense. There's very little chance that a team of new players & youngsters is going to gel after 4 games - the recent signings will barely be match fit!

The suggestion that this game is some kind of final straw for CC is rediculous - the time to judge his team / progress is end of 1st quarter at earliest & possibly even end of 2nd quarter.

Fed up reading this nonsense after every setback - give the guy a break until the team's properly up & running ffs!

I didnt say that what I said was get the right man in charge my opinion Strachan if he would come to us Get some hard players into the squad, journeymen willing to battle for the cause and they will pass their experience to our young players. Everyone knows managers and new squads need time to gel. In my opinion CC has had more than enough time. If I saw any kind of improvement then I woudnt be on here moaning but in my opinion Nothing has changed since he took over as manager.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-08-2011, 09:32 PM
The Problem is it isnt just 3 games into the season its the results since he took over. Add to that is we have probably only had one very good performance in all that time. So Im afraid get your facts right. Once again the stats do not lie.

Stats will show how crap we were post split
But there CC demoed who should get punted rather than leaving it to preseason
It cost the remaining games but didn't encroach into this season so we can truly rebuild.
It's an evolution - fair enough if folks choose not to put their faith in CC until some consistent stustained decent results. I choose to support as long as hes here.

R'Albin
19-08-2011, 09:34 PM

Infact, in 3-4 months time I will bump this thread and see if you still believe that.

jabis
19-08-2011, 09:34 PM

I think you are SO completely wrong,and MY IRREFUTABLE statistics,show you no NOTHING about the square root of FA.

you TELL us what you think is the truth.....but damn us with lies,and non-existant statistics.

your worse than BH on the wind-up :rolleyes:

Dirkster23
19-08-2011, 09:35 PM

Panic Panic Panic

Hear we go again a few bad results and sack the manager. Yes we are all entitled to our opinions and i am as unhappy as any other disgruntled Hibs supporter at this time. The facts are that there is something wrong at ER and I am not privy to this but we have to look at the overall situation. I heard on the radio at todays warm down Hibs players were laughing and jokingthis is clearly unacceptable. Lets drop the majority of the so called first team and replace then with our youth team at least we will see some effort from them. If the problem is found to be Yogi then yes look for an alternative Manager.Some supporters are far to quick to call for managers heads Mixu, Collins and now Yogi. Give him at least the whole of next season to see how we stand. Yogi is adament that he knows what is wrong give him the opportunity to prove himself. A new manager is not the answer at this time if he has a run of poor results you will want him out as well. I am not happy with recent results far from it but there is a lack of confidence at this time and calling for more change is very unsettling.:grr:

Your post of 10th April 2010 :bye:

Wellbankhibby
19-08-2011, 09:37 PM
wanna share the Lotto numbers...... oh seeyer of all :not worth

Its all about opinions. I dont think you and some of our so called supporters are watching the same team as me. We are rank rotton Killie could easily given us 8. When have you ever saw a hibs team played off the park by kilmarnock, no disrespect to them. Grow up and dont bury your head in the sand. Please

R'Albin
19-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Its all about opinions. I dont think you and some of our so called supporters are watching the same team as me. We are rank rotton Killie could easily given us 8. When have you ever saw a hibs team played off the park by kilmarnock, no disrespect to them. Grow up and dont bury your head in the sand. Please

How has he got his head buried in the sand? Do expand?

jabis
19-08-2011, 10:09 PM
reason
been dealt with

I know you have a thankless task admin,but could you PM me a "how ?"

Hibiza
19-08-2011, 10:32 PM
:hibees:taxi:confused:

Hibiza
19-08-2011, 10:33 PM
made a mistake, :taxi

Fantic
19-08-2011, 10:39 PM
28th is D Day

--------
19-08-2011, 10:40 PM

I think you'll find that tomorrow the Buddies will be in black and white, mate.

Too early for this stuff. Pour some cold water over your head and calm down, why don't you?

Hibiza
19-08-2011, 10:47 PM
us 3 paisley wasters 1 :flag:

Sioux
19-08-2011, 11:28 PM
You are typical of some of the narrow minded so called Hibees if anyone says anything at all against the club you think they are Yams. As I said I dont care what other people say I have followed Hibs for 50 years and Im sick to death watching players who cant even control a ball. I agree Hearts are a laughing stock but we are heading that way as well. we should all be singing of the same hymn sheet. Surely its not wrong to want the best for our team. I despair at comments such as yours and Im of the opinion as your name says that you must be boozy if your enjoying watching us recently. I for one want to watch attacking football as I did in the 70s with turnbulls tornadoes.

Your'e drunk!

Franck Stanton
19-08-2011, 11:35 PM

And how many games has he been in charge with the team of players he brought to the Club ? For a start you can write off last season in its entirety, yes he signed 6 players during the Jan window, but that was just a start and they were brought in to do a job - keep us in the SPL - they succeeded. CC has , as we all know has now suplemented the squad but they still haven't played a full 90 min competitive football together, [ hopefully they all will start v St Mirren]. Far too early to be coming out with comments like op. If , and IMO it's a BIG IF, we are still not performing as a team and getting results by the next transfer window, then thats the time to worry. Calm down, don't panic [yet], and see what the next 10 - 12 games are like.

God Petrie
20-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Dunno why the OP is getting a slating - he's totally right but he's missed the bigger picture

I would have jumped at the chance of £300k for CC but RP turned it down. CC is simply a symptom of the mismanagement of the football side of the club. If things continue as they are, then something will happen before the AGM. RP's terrified of a slating at the AGM in front of Farmer.

It's time for RP/TF to sell the club to someone with more of an active interest in the fortunes of the actual team.

dunnit
20-08-2011, 01:54 AM
CC has been a success in management wherever he has been, if he is given time to build a team. I can see us surprising many this season and finishing better than the rest.:flag:

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2011, 06:21 AM
CC has been a success in management wherever he has been, if he is given time to build a team. I can see us surprising many this season and finishing better than the rest.:flag:

So much of a success at Nottingham Forrest they sacked him.

The Falcon
20-08-2011, 07:06 AM
So much of a success at Nottingham Forrest they sacked him.

Nearly all football managers get sacked at some point BH.

steakbake
20-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Calderwood is the right man for the job but the OP has a point. There's a stage where the faith and support he's been given by the club (though not the fans, I hasten to add) needs to be repaid. that point is coming soon. Give it till Xmas, see where we are then and then make an assessment.

jdships
20-08-2011, 08:28 AM

Suggest , with respect, you get your facts right :greengrin
Three games into the season with what is only now "HIS TEAM " and you want him sacked
Remember "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics". :wink:

For goodness sake give the man a chance :flag:

matty_f
20-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Calderwood is the right man for the job but the OP has a point. There's a stage where the faith and support he's been given by the club (though not the fans, I hasten to add) needs to be repaid. that point is coming soon. Give it till Xmas, see where we are then and then make an assessment.

I'd agree with most of that, though I think he needs to be given past Christmas unless we are in serious trouble. I've backed CC since day one and I still do think that he will sort us out, though that opinion is getting harder and harder to justify as the weeks go by at the moment.

If the board think that he's the right man, they need to be prepared to ride out this season as well and stick with him (unless he was to walk). I think the fact that Mixu, Yogi, and JC all 'failed' at Easter Road indicates that there are issues at the club that run deeper than taking a broom to the team will cure.

CC needs to build a culture at Hibs with high standards and high expectations, that doesn't happen overnight in most cases, and needs time to bear fruit.

hibee7062
20-08-2011, 08:43 AM
I personally wouldn't want strachan anywhere near Easter road! I think calderwood is the right man but as many on here have said it is going to take time for new players to gel. Some haven't even started a game yet. Mon the hibs.

Expecting Rain
20-08-2011, 08:58 AM
The thread is probably ill timed but i don`t see it as an outrageous opinion, there is a fair bit of truth in what he is saying, i would argue that the latest three signings should be given the opportunity to enhance Calderwoods credentials as the man who could takes us forward, how we perform at Tynecastle might give us aclue as to what the team is made of and where we are going.
No excuses we should be capable of a performance and a win today against St Mirren though a win or a loss will probably not change a great deal the opinions of the critics and the optimists.

BEEJ
20-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Before anyone starts Im suggesting that the Board sack Mr Calderwood tomorrow if we dont win. I am somewhat amazed at the support he has on this site. Ok he has rebuilt the team he inherited from Yogi but as yogi himself stated the rebuilding process would have taken time. In my opinion the board overeacted to some so called Hibs fans calling for yogi,s head. Mr calderwood has done nothing in my opinion that has bettered the side when he took over from yogi

Panic Panic Panic

Hear we go again a few bad results and sack the manager. Yes we are all entitled to our opinions and i am as unhappy as any other disgruntled Hibs supporter at this time. The facts are that there is something wrong at ER and I am not privy to this but we have to look at the overall situation.

Some supporters are far to quick to call for managers heads Mixu, Collins [B]and now Yogi. Give him at least the whole of next season to see how we stand. Yogi is adament that he knows what is wrong give him the opportunity to prove himself. A new manager is not the answer at this time if he has a run of poor results you will want him out as well. I am not happy with recent results far from it but there is a lack of confidence at this time and calling for more change is very unsettling.:grr:

Your post of 10th April 2010 :bye:

So comparing those two posts 16 months apart, this for you is actually more about the cult of Yogi than the merits of CC. You would have resented anyone who came in as successor to your idol, John Hughes.

The arguments about CC's appalling record are irrefutable. The problem is that you and others undermine these points by constantly harking back to Yogi as if somehow the club got rid of another Jose Mourinho.

And you blame the fans for Yogi's departure when it is quite clear now that RP was not impressed with the man's record at the helm, for a number of reasons.

IndieHibby
20-08-2011, 09:15 AM
If he isn't a Yam, we should disown him.

hibee_nation
20-08-2011, 09:18 AM
If we win today does that make it VE Day. :aok:

Wellbankhibby
20-08-2011, 09:29 AM
If he isn't a Yam, we should disown him.

I apologise to anyone if I have offended them with my post but I would also like to say it is completely out of order to call me a Yam or a Liar. I thought this site was about opinions and as long as I continue to log on I will state my opinion. There is nothing that I have noted that is lies or wrong. If we are true Hibs fans open your eyes and look at the state of the current side. CC has brought in new players and hopefully they will improve the side the difficulty I have personally is he dosen,t want to be here. I have heard that the players are backing him, of course they will nobody in their right mind would say anything wrong about him as they woudnt be picked. My post is only my opinion and represents my feelings for the Club that I have followed and supported for 50 years and the ONLY team that I will ever Love. far to many people on this site have a go at anyone who does not agree with their opinions. The worst slur is the mindless people who call me a Yam. :confused:

Wellbankhibby
20-08-2011, 09:39 AM
So comparing those two posts 16 months apart, this for you is actually more about the cult of Yogi than the merits of CC. You would have resented anyone who came in as successor to your idol, John Hughes.

The arguments about CC's appalling record are irrefutable. The problem is that you and others undermine these points by constantly harking back to Yogi as if somehow the club got rid of another Jose Mourinho.

And you blame the fans for Yogi's departure when it is quite clear now that RP was not impressed with the man's record at the helm, for a number of reasons.

It is nothing to do with Yogi You are completely wrong. Its all about the current Management. I would be more than happy to give CC my support if I thought he merited it. The Man has shown little commitment to our club and for an ex scottish internationalist he lacks tacticle awareness. he even has a problem expressing his views on how to solve the teams problems when talking to the media. If he finds difficulties getting his views over to the media how on earth can he get the important points over to the players. He is not the Man for us Im sorry. Only My Opinion.:confused:

EasterRoad4Ever
20-08-2011, 09:43 AM

The subservient "Mr Calderwood" bit was the give away. They just can't help it :greengrin

smurf
20-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I'd agree with most of that, though I think he needs to be given past Christmas unless we are in serious trouble. I've backed CC since day one and I still do think that he will sort us out, though that opinion is getting harder and harder to justify as the weeks go by at the moment.

If the board think that he's the right man, they need to be prepared to ride out this season as well and stick with him (unless he was to walk). I think the fact that Mixu, Yogi, and JC all 'failed' at Easter Road indicates that there are issues at the club that run deeper than taking a broom to the team will cure.

CC needs to build a culture at Hibs with high standards and high expectations, that doesn't happen overnight in most cases, and needs time to bear fruit.

What do you think these "issues" are?

JustSimplyHibs
20-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Could you please answer why you think having a HIBS MAN in charge would be better?

John Hughes, Frank Sauzee, John Blackly, Mixu, etc etc are all so called Hibs Men but have failed big time managing Hibs. The only man that springs to mind of being a very good manager was Eddie Turnbull....you getting the picture here. Having a HIBS MAN in charge does nothing!

Alex McLeish, Tony Mowbray who are non Hibs men achieved a high win % than any of the afore so called Hibs Men.

Forget your Hibs men, IMO Hibs have the right man in charge for the moment!

brydekirk
20-08-2011, 10:41 AM
I don't care if you're hertz or Hibs fan - this is nonsense. There's very little chance that a team of new players & youngsters is going to gel after 4 games - the recent signings will barely be match fit!The suggestion that this game is some kind of final straw for CC is rediculous - the time to judge his team / progress is end of 1st quarter at earliest & possibly even end of 2nd quarter.Fed up reading this nonsense after every setback - give the guy a break until the team's properly up & running ffs! Well said

Wellbankhibby
20-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Could you please answer why you think having a HIBS MAN in charge would be better?

John Hughes, Frank Sauzee, John Blackly, Mixu, etc etc are all so called Hibs Men but have failed big time managing Hibs. The only man that springs to mind of being a very good manager was Eddie Turnbull....you getting the picture here. Having a HIBS MAN in charge does nothing!

Alex McLeish, Tony Mowbray who are non Hibs men achieved a high win % than any of the afore so called Hibs Men.

Forget your Hibs men, IMO Hibs have the right man in charge for the moment!

I stand corrected I didnt mean a Hibs man. I meant the man for Hibs showing some reasonable commitment to our club. I have made my opinion clear IN MY OPINION CC will never do anything for our club and the first opportunity he has of leaving he will be off.

Kato
20-08-2011, 10:53 AM
In my opinion the board overeacted to some so called Hibs fans calling for yogi,s head.

Let yourself down in post one by insulting fans who are just as entitled to their opinion as you are and sticking up for the biggest balloon to ever manage Hibs.

ronaldo7
20-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I stand corrected I didnt mean a Hibs man. I meant the man for Hibs showing some reasonable commitment to our club. I have made my opinion clear IN MY OPINION CC will never do anything for our club and the first opportunity he has of leaving he will be off.

That's would be the same for most Manager's bud.

--------
20-08-2011, 11:46 AM
It seems to me that the result today rests entirely on who's playing in the centre defence.

IMHO.

Though I may be wrong...

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Dunno why the OP is getting a slating - he's totally right but he's missed the bigger picture

I would have jumped at the chance of £300k for CC but RP turned it down. CC is simply a symptom of the mismanagement of the football side of the club. If things continue as they are, then something will happen before the AGM. RP's terrified of a slating at the AGM in front of Farmer.

It's time for RP/TF to sell the club to someone with more of an active interest in the fortunes of the actual team.

Where should the queue start forming? :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 12:02 PM
It seems to me that the result today rests entirely on who's playing in the centre defence.

IMHO.

Though I may be wrong...

I suspect the guys either side of them, and those wide in the middle, have to stop St.Mirren getting down the sides but the CH's have to handle Thomson and not be bullied by him. O'Hanlon's experience would help but I suspect if he plays the first thing Thomson will do is stand on his toes. I would. Stephens has the equipment to see him off but maybe lacks the experience. Lets hope not. I would play Murray at CH today.

The paisley saints have started well and have looked decent so far.

sahib
20-08-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't think he should be sacked just yet. I think he should have been allowed to leave, quietly in the summer.

hibiedude
20-08-2011, 12:17 PM
The 3 games we have played this season have been poor

Celtic we were out played and had no shots on target

Caley we were out played but scored against the run of play

Killie that was a horror show.

Todays game we can only improve in my opinion because another horrow like we had last week and Calderwood will struggle to keep the fans on his side.

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 12:22 PM
The 3 games we have played this season have been poor

Celtic we were out played and had no shots on target

Caley we were out played but scored against the run of play

Killie that was a horror show.

Todays game we can only improve in my opinion because another horrow like we had last week and Calderwood will struggle to keep the fans on his side.

In the Caley game we had more of the ball and double the shots on target?

stokesmessiah
20-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story :wink:

hibiedude
20-08-2011, 12:35 PM

I must have been at a different game because we scored against the run of play and were lucky to come away with all 3 points

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I must have been at a different game because we scored against the run of play and were lucky to come away with all 3 points

So thats not true then, the stats for the game?

Moulin Yarns
20-08-2011, 12:50 PM

If the stats you refer to are from the BBC website, I would take them with a barrow load of salt, they can sometimes be a bit economical with the truth.

hibiedude
20-08-2011, 12:51 PM

stats DON'T tell us everything about the game ?

As I said we scored against the run of play and were very lucky to come away with all 3 points. IN MY OPINION

hibiedude
20-08-2011, 12:55 PM
If the stats you refer to are from the BBC website, I would take them with a barrow load of salt, they can sometimes be a bit economical with the truth.

Also I have heard radio coverage of games and read about them the following day and you would think the papers were writing about a different game. from the one you were listening too.

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 12:57 PM
stats DON'T tell us everything about the game ?

As I said we scored against the run of play and were very lucky to come away with all 3 points. IN MY OPINION

Right enough

just_joe
20-08-2011, 01:51 PM

There's no point mate. You will never win against the "clique" on this board. i know your a hibee and your only expressing your opinion and to be honest i pretty much agree with you. If CC can't put out a team to beat St Mirren then there's something wrong. I imagine most on this board will be wanting CC out again calling him all the names under the sun. They change there mind more than the Scottish weather, One of the reasons I hardly post here anymore. Good luck having a different opinion to the "private members" on this board though mate.

hibiedude
20-08-2011, 02:01 PM
There's no point mate. You will never win against the "clique" on this board. i know your a hibee and your only expressing your opinion and to be honest i pretty much agree with you. If CC can't put out a team to beat St Mirren then there's something wrong. I imagine most on this board will be wanting CC out again calling him all the names under the sun. They change there mind more than the Scottish weather, One of the reasons I hardly post here anymore. Good luck having a different opinion to the "private members" on this board though mate.

I have never been afraid to express my opinion regarding the state of our club and have been very outspoken against some of the Muppets we have had as managers- Yogi and mixup to name two.

I will continue to express my opinion know matter what others think because at the end of the day I support and follow "when possible" the club I have followed for 50 years

Dinkydoo
20-08-2011, 02:40 PM

What a load of **** this is. :rolleyes:

Frazerbob
20-08-2011, 02:59 PM
How can such an accomplished defender preside over such a shambles of a defence? I don't care if we end up winning 10-2, Calderwood can GTF after picking the same back 5 that was such a farce last week. Why oh why didn't Petrie take Brum's cash?

Mark79
20-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Surely that REMOVED is getting fired tonight?

just_joe
20-08-2011, 04:59 PM
What a load of **** this is. :rolleyes:

Lol believe me, It aint!

mon the cabbage
20-08-2011, 08:58 PM
You all were saying this is ridiculous and that he should stay now after today as wellback hibee said if we get beat should he go and now everyone is agreeing with him.

You have all treated him as if he was stupid and it turns out you all agree with him. POOR SHOW

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2011, 09:07 PM
The D was for defeat I Suppose.

ronaldo7
20-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Dull

Kaiser1962
20-08-2011, 09:15 PM
You all were saying this is ridiculous and that he should stay now after today as wellback hibee said if we get beat should he go and now everyone is agreeing with him.

You have all treated him as if he was stupid and it turns out you all agree with him. POOR SHOW

I dont agree with him.

hibiedude
21-08-2011, 06:23 AM
I think the way the OP has been treated by some of this thread is typical when you express an opinion that some see as negative on hibs.net these days.

It was claimed that he was a Hearts fan or must be drunk- mind you that was before yesterdays farce at Easter Road.

Wellbankhibby keep expressing your opinion and don’t let the happy clappers tells you that better times are just around the corner because they are only kidding themselves.
Falling attendances tell the true story of our club with only a couple of hundred fans turned up at Killie last week.

We are a club on the decline and getting rid of another hopeless manager will only paper over the cracks.

A lot of fans have lost the passion they once had for Hibs and that has been evident over the last few years with the asset stripping of our best players and replacing them with duds.

The product on the field is poor and fans are simply not buying it, next week’s game should be a great build up with fans getting in to frenzy by kick off time but clearly the majority fear the worst and they should because the last 2 games have been against teams that will struggle to make the top 6 this season and they have both beaten us.

Expecting Rain
21-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I think the way the OP has been treated by some of this thread is typical when you express an opinion that some see as negative on hibs.net these days.

It was claimed that he was a Hearts fan or must be drunk- mind you that was before yesterdays farce at Easter Road.

Wellbankhibby keep expressing your opinion and don’t let the happy clappers tells you that better times are just around the corner because they are only kidding themselves.
Falling attendances tell the true story of our club with only a couple of hundred fans turned up at Killie last week.

We are a club on the decline and getting rid of another hopeless manager will only paper over the cracks.

A lot of fans have lost the passion they once had for Hibs and that has been evident over the last few years with the asset stripping of our best players and replacing them with duds.

The product on the field is poor and fans are simply not buying it, next week’s game should be a great build up with fans getting in to frenzy by kick off time but clearly the majority fear the worst and they should because the last 2 games have been against teams that will struggle to make the top 6 this season and they have both beaten us.

Couldn`t agree more about the product, we`re not paying massive wages to superstars, excellent post all round.

Phil D. Rolls
21-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Been doing Higher English at night school Yogi?

franco
21-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Well said that man agree with you 100%

jabis
21-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Well said that man agree with you 100%

disagree with you 100%...........................opinions eh !

I also find the OP's whining about getting called names a bit ironic,given his deleated threads about me.

50yrs...................get a life.

Wellbankhibby
22-08-2011, 08:20 PM
disagree with you 100%...........................opinions eh !

I also find the OP's whining about getting called names a bit ironic,given his deleated threads about me.

50yrs...................get a life.

CORRECT It is all about opinions, you have yours and I have mine. Sorry to tell you I was proved right again ANOTHER DEFEAT Under CC and you know very little about football. I will tell you for the Last time I am not a Yam and in MY OPINION I have forgotten more than you will ever know about football Especially Hibs. My Final word regards CC we are going nowhere with him in charge except relegation unless the Board do something about it. Looking at the posts More and More True Hibees are starting to see sense and now agree with me. Thanks for your Opinion. :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2011, 08:30 PM
CORRECT It is all about opinions, you have yours and I have mine. Sorry to tell you I was proved right again ANOTHER DEFEAT Under CC and you know very little about football. I will tell you for the Last time I am not a Yam and in MY OPINION I have forgotten more than you will ever know about football Especially Hibs. My Final word regards CC we are going nowhere with him in charge except relegation unless the Board do something about it. Looking at the posts More and More True Hibees are starting to see sense and now agree with me. Thanks for your Opinion. :wink:

I know more than you've forgotten and remembered about football.

My prediction of us being in the top 4 by Christmas is closer to reality than your relegation fears for us.

I'm not saying you're a "Yam", you're entitled to your opinion and I believe there's more than enough justification for Hibs fans to be a tad worried about us at the moment, but in the same token we'll arrest this slide, of that I have no doubt.

As I posted yesterday, I have a lot more questions than answers at present in respect of where we are at present but too many on here are passing off supposition as fact and presenting it with a transparent agenda.

"It's clear CC doesn't want to be here" to throw one comment out..........um, no it's not. It's not clear at all to be honest. In fact it's the opposite.

For what my opinion is worth, CC is here, the board want him to be here and so do the players. We have no option other than to support him and the players and back them 100%. Dedication and loyalty work both ways I feel and whilst the scales have been tipped heavily recently, we need to follow the board's unswerving commitment to CC and give him and the players the support they require.

Andy74
22-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I know more than you've forgotten and remembered about football.

My prediction of us being in the top 4 by Christmas is closer to reality than your relegation fears for us.

I'm not saying you're a "Yam", you're entitled to your opinion and I believe there's more than enough justification for Hibs fans to be a tad worried about us at the moment, but in the same token we'll arrest this slide, of that I have no doubt.

As I posted yesterday, I have a lot more questions than answers at present in respect of where we are at present but too many on here are passing off supposition as fact and presenting it with a transparent agenda.

"It's clear CC doesn't want to be here" to throw one comment out..........um, no it's not. It's not clear at all to be honest. In fact it's the opposite.

For what my opinion is worth, CC is here, the board want him to be here and so do the players. We have no option other than to support him and the players and back them 100%. Dedication and loyalty work both ways I feel and whilst the scales have been tipped heavily recently, we need to follow the board's unswerving commitment to CC and give him and the players the support they require.

You do know we are 2 points off the bottom and 5 from fourth place don't you?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2011, 08:41 PM
You do know we are 2 points off the bottom and 5 from fourth place don't you?

After four games? Yes, yes I do.

By your logic, Motherwell look better qualified to reach the Champions League this season than they do settling for a mid-table/top 6 finish.

Four. Games.

Andy74
22-08-2011, 08:50 PM
After four games? Yes, yes I do.

By your logic, Motherwell look better qualified to reach the Champions League this season than they do settling for a mid-table/top 6 finish.

Four. Games.

I think you were the one suggesting your prediction was nearer to reality.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I think you were the one suggesting your prediction was nearer to reality.

I believe it is, yes. I'm looking at a picture far bigger than 4 games though.

We will not be relegated this year, far from it. In my opinion.

CabbageBoy
22-08-2011, 09:03 PM
I believe it is, yes. I'm looking at a picture far bigger than 4 games though.

We will not be relegated this year, far from it. In my opinion.

How about looking at 36 games? W9 D6 L21 Decent performances, 1. Implies a points total for a season in the low to mid 30's. That is relegation form.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2011, 09:09 PM
How about looking at 36 games? W9 D6 L21 Decent performances, 1. Implies a points total for a season in the low to mid 30's. That is relegation form.

I won't dispute that; I would say though that our best XI now is markedly better than what it was for the majority of those 36 games.

greenlex
22-08-2011, 09:34 PM
How about looking at 36 games? W9 D6 L21 Decent performances, 1. Implies a points total for a season in the low to mid 30's. That is relegation form. Why are folk so hung up about last season. Its done and dusted. Gone. No more. Its about thus season. Its about the following seasons.

nortonhibby
22-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Why are folk so hung up about last season. Its done and dusted. Gone. No more. Its about thus season. Its about the following seasons.

my worry is if IFC Win which they wont and we lose which we wont where will we be in the league:confused:

greenlex
23-08-2011, 11:13 AM
my worry is if IFC Win which they wont and we lose which we wont where will we be in the league:confused: When though. Next game or next 8 to 12 games? End of the season?

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Our next league win will be? Hearts? The week after? The week after that?

Something is seriously wrong with Hibs and Calderwood just seems to be compounding this instead of sorting it out. I still live in hope, but it's becoming clearer with every passing week that he just ain't got it.

NOLA
23-08-2011, 02:41 PM
with all the effort RP and others on the board made to keep CC here as manager, i can't see them giving him the bullet so soon, i think CC has until xmas/jan to turn it around, of course by then it might be too late, thats the worry for me.

basehibby
23-08-2011, 04:35 PM
with all the effort RP and others on the board made to keep CC here as manager, i can't see them giving him the bullet so soon, i think CC has until xmas/jan to turn it around, of course by then it might be too late, thats the worry for me.

T'aint necessarily so - the last two results have been pish poor without a shadow of a doubt. If (heaven forfend!!!) they are followed by an early exit from the League Cup at the hands of Berwick and an embarassing drubbing at Swiney then I could see that being the end of the road for CC.
Not that I am predicting that mind you - I'm expecting Berwick to be dispatched with aplomb and hoping against hope that the resulting burst of confidence will see us emerge from the derby with a point.
If that were to be the case it could be start of a turnaround in fortunes for Calderwood - as things stand he's walking a tightrope with no safety net between him and disaster.

--------
23-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Our next league win will be? Hearts? The week after? The week after that?

Something is seriously wrong with Hibs and Calderwood just seems to be compounding this instead of sorting it out. I still live in hope, but it's becoming clearer with every passing week that he just ain't got it.

My feelings exactly, Bob.

Hoping against hope, me - and not holding my breath, either.