PDA

View Full Version : your first holiday with your friends

blairwallace
19-08-2011, 04:51 PM
not sure if this is the right place to put this but admins feel free to move.

me and my friends are trying to book a holiday for a big group of us for next year and i was interested to hear any good tips, stories, where to avoid, where to go from the people on here who have done this before? :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
19-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Depends what you're looking for but if it's a group of young lads looking a cheap pish up and all related bedlam then you can't go wrong with Magaluf.

MountcastleHibs
19-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Depends what you're looking for but if it's a group of young lads looking a cheap pish up and all related bedlam then you can't go wrong with Magaluf. I'll second that... Only been back for a week from Maga and it is excellent for a lads holiday.

MSK
19-08-2011, 05:40 PM

me and my friends are trying to book a holiday for a big group of us for next year and i was interested to hear any good tips, stories, where to avoid, where to go from the people on here who have done this before? :thumbsup:Marmaris in Turkey ..cracking weather ..plenty nightlife ..decent beer & cracking £ rate tae the Turkish Lira...:aok:

blairwallace
19-08-2011, 06:26 PM
we're pretty undecided but its between magaluf (martinique apartments) and malia (frixos hotel)

HH81
19-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Kos - kardemena. Best lads holidays I ever went on was to there.

stevensons-fan
19-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Our first holiday away was to Malia and it was amazing! Would highly recommend it although I know a lot of people went to Maga this summer so either way you will have a top holiday :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Faliraki in Rhodes was a bit mental to say the least, that was 20 years ago, they might have finished building it by now!

derekHFC
22-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Two bits of advice that i'd give to young folk going away, are to get good flight times/airport and to make sure its a young persons hotel you're staying at.

Too many people book stupid flight times from say Manchester Airport when they stay in Edinburgh just because its maybe £50 cheaper. Be prepared to pay that wee bit extra to fly from say Edinburgh or Glasgow at a reasonable hour, rather than being asked to commute somewhere at an additional cost and time. If possible, i'd suggest an early morning/afternoon flight from Edinburgh to your destination and then a late afternoon flight home - remember, you'll get kicked out your accommodation by 11am on the day you're due to leave so you don't want to be flying home at 11pm at night!

As for the hotel itself, make sure its a young peoples' place or you'll end up getting turfed out in the first few nights and paying more to get another hotel. Certain hotels know what they're going to get from a group of youngsters and are a bit more tolerant when it comes to breaking beds, making a mess, etc.

HibbyAndy
22-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Magaluf in 98 seems a lifetime ago ! Was there for the World cup and it was just a much pishdness party for 2 whole weeks :agree:

And i had a burd for every night i was there, ..They were the days!.

hibee92
23-08-2011, 01:16 PM
been to Malia and Zante and Malia was just unreal.

But you can't go wrong with Magaluf, Kos, Kavos, Ayia Napa, Cancun, Sunny Beach, Ibiza etc.

calumhibee1
23-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Faliraki in Rhodes was a bit mental to say the least, that was 20 years ago, they might have finished building it by now!

I went to Faliaraki this summer (Unfortunately). It's a *****hole. Wouldn't go back. We still had a good laugh, got ****faced and got plenty birds but I'd defo never recommend it to anyone. Was expensive too. :agree:

Mikey_1875
23-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Go too magaluf, not long back from Malia and the Greek economy is in tatters meaning that all the bars have signed a union deal meaning theyall charge the same prices for drinks and there are now no deals, looking at about 5 euro a drink wherever you go, don't get me wrong still an amazing holiday but your money will go further in magaluf. To be honest though out of the potential clubbing lads holiday places you have picked the worst two imo.

Sean1875
23-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Went to Maga last year, carnage :thumbsup:

Seemingly prices in Malia will be fired right up next year because of the huge amount of people wanting to go there because of the Inbetweeners movie, could be pish but wouldnt surprise me.

Was in Bulgaria this year, great holiday but the nightlife wasn't anywhere near as good as Maga was, despite the birds being beyond stunning! :drool:

aazza91
24-08-2011, 01:40 AM
we're pretty undecided but its between magaluf (martinique apartments) and malia (frixos hotel)

Stayed in the Martinique last year, decent hotel. It was big, had a decent size pool, 5 a side's and tennis.
Was about a 10min walk tops to the main strip and even less to BCM square and the beach. Would reccomend it!

Speedy
24-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Two bits of advice that i'd give to young folk going away, are to get good flight times/airport and to make sure its a young persons hotel you're staying at.

Too many people book stupid flight times from say Manchester Airport when they stay in Edinburgh just because its maybe £50 cheaper. Be prepared to pay that wee bit extra to fly from say Edinburgh or Glasgow at a reasonable hour, rather than being asked to commute somewhere at an additional cost and time. If possible, i'd suggest an early morning/afternoon flight from Edinburgh to your destination and then a late afternoon flight home - remember, you'll get kicked out your accommodation by 11am on the day you're due to leave so you don't want to be flying home at 11pm at night!

As for the hotel itself, make sure its a young peoples' place or you'll end up getting turfed out in the first few nights and paying more to get another hotel. Certain hotels know what they're going to get from a group of youngsters and are a bit more tolerant when it comes to breaking beds, making a mess, etc.

good advice.

Another piece of advice: don't even think about arguing with bouncers. It's not like here where you get away with being a knob and 'starting on them'. When i was in zante i saw guys getting battered with clubs, thrown down stairsand one guy even got pushed into a moving car.

pacorosssco
26-08-2011, 07:43 AM

me and my friends are trying to book a holiday for a big group of us for next year and i was interested to hear any good tips, stories, where to avoid, where to go from the people on here who have done this before? :thumbsup:

book a villa with a pool if there are a few of you as it is much better and doesnt cost much more

greece was always better than spain for me but heard croatia is very good

Wembley67
26-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Stayed in the Martinique last year, decent hotel. It was big, had a decent size pool, 5 a side's and tennis.
Was about a 10min walk tops to the main strip and even less to BCM square and the beach. Would reccomend it!

I stayed in these apartments mid 90s, proper dodgy territory at night when getting dropped off my taxis if my memory recalls...great holiday but looking back now it is actually everything I hate about these resorts!!

Sean1875
26-08-2011, 11:20 AM

Same place I stayed at last year :agree: By the third night we were on our last warning and had been fined 80 euros :greengrin

Marty-Hibee
26-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Went to Napa last year, and Malia this year. Both expensive unfortunately, but I seen last the final days with one small note left as a mere challenge!

Highlight from Napa had to be the first night at the scottish bar. Steven Fletcher, Paul Hanlon and a few reserves and players who have left all there as well. At the end of the night/start of the morning they play the dancier version of Zorba the Greek. The place went mental. Quite good to see that side of footballers!

Highlight of Malia was a little man going by the name of Spartacus at The Golden Lion at the top of the strip. Cult hero to say the least

hibeeleicester
26-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Went to Napa last year, and Malia this year. Both expensive unfortunately, but I seen last the final days with one small note left as a mere challenge!

Highlight from Napa had to be the first night at the scottish bar. Steven Fletcher, Paul Hanlon and a few reserves and players who have left all there as well. At the end of the night/start of the morning they play the dancier version of Zorba the Greek. The place went mental. Quite good to see that side of footballers!

Highlight of Malia was a little man going by the name of Spartacus at The Golden Lion at the top of the strip. Cult hero to say the least

:not worth:not worth

Malia was so good i'm going back!

Sodje_18
26-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Somebody I know just got back from Magaluf, don't bother. They all call it '****apoof' now for obvious reasons. If the OP is over 21 then you can't go wrong with Ibiza. We've Got Malia booked for 2012 though :woohoo:

blairwallace
30-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Somebody I know just got back from Magaluf, don't bother. They all call it '****apoof' now for obvious reasons. If the OP is over 21 then you can't go wrong with Ibiza. We've Got Malia booked for 2012 though :woohoo:

i'll see you there, you flying from glasgow?

LamontHFC©
31-08-2011, 02:30 AM

Agree with this.

We all went after we finished school, so were all like 18, and seemed the youngest ones there by a mile. Still had a quality time, met loads of people, but looking back, if we had to choose again, would go somewhere else.

Would love to go back now though! :agree:

HarpyHibby
31-08-2011, 11:43 AM
If your going to magaluf, I wouldnt stay anywhere else other than Mallorca Rocks. They have gigs every tuesday, mcdonalds at the bottom of the road and 5 minutes from the strip!