PDA

View Full Version : Anyone miss the old stand?

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I miss the terracing. I know the new stadium is great but I remember when 13000 were in it looked pretty full an had a good atmosphere. Something is gone now I just can't get used to it unless we pulled 19000 every week.

stokesmessiah
19-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I miss the terracing. I know the new stadium is great but I remember when 13000 were in it looked pretty full an had a good atmosphere. Something is gone now I just can't get used to it unless we pulled 19000 every week.

a 13,000 seat stand, have i missed something ?

RIP
19-08-2011, 04:15 PM

:kbacker: :lurksub:

So tell me mate - how did you enjoy the game last night. What was it like sitting in that pile of manaure you call a stand? :faf:

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:19 PM
13000 in the ground I meant and no. I'm not a jambo.

Hakim Sar
19-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Not normally my patter on here to play the yam card but this thread stinks of a wind up!! Hearts were begging for a bigger stadium last night and the look on the spurs players faces was priceless when exiting the bus into the main bus shelter.

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I wasn't even thinking bout them tbh I just miss the atmosphere.

MSK
19-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Not normally my patter on here to play the yam card but this thread stinks of a wind up!! Hearts were begging for a bigger stadium last night and the look on the spurs players faces was priceless when exiting the bus into the main bus shelter.They thought they were stuck in a time warp ..back to the days of the old rickety flea, ridden asbestos lined ****-hole stands ..& ive not even touched on the wooden one yet ...

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I've played at tynecastle twice. One of the worst changing rooms even compared to public parks but the terracing wasn't our main stand.

Barney McGrew
19-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I've played at tynecastle twice

Are you Mirsad Beslija? Are you still the fastest man in Bosnia?

matty_f
19-08-2011, 04:35 PM

Mind it was rocking when we pumped the Yams 6-2?

Mind their greeting Yam tramp faces at the end? Priceless!

What word would you use to describe their sad pusses at the end of the game?

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:36 PM
No u played for Edinburgh youth select when I was 15 I'm 222 now.

Barney McGrew
19-08-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm 222 now.

I'd get on to the Guinness Book of Records if I were you :agree:

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:39 PM
22 touch screen fones.

MSK
19-08-2011, 04:40 PM
No u played for Edinburgh youth select when I was 15 I'm 222 now.Aw ah bet yer no ...ma Nana doesnae ken ye ..

matty_f
19-08-2011, 04:41 PM
No u played for Edinburgh youth select when I was 15 I'm 222 now.

Did you scrub yourself down with disinfectant afterwards?

What words would you use to describe how manky and filth-ridden the Pink Beast Shelter is?

Barney McGrew
19-08-2011, 04:41 PM
22 touch screen fones.

Sitting on a wall? :greengrin

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:47 PM
It's a throw back to 19th century football.

The_Horde
19-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I really miss the old terracing and you are right, something is missing. In the old east you felt like part of the game, a 12th man almost, even when there wasn't much singing. A lot of the time now I just feel like a mere customer, like I'm at the theatre or something.

It all boils down to quality of the product on the park one way or another. They were quick enough to put the prices up when we were doing well under mowbray/collins so why haven't the prices gone back down now that we are gash again?

matty_f
19-08-2011, 05:02 PM

At least there's still one throwback stand in Edinburgh, surrounded by three pink bus shelter-esque stands which are regularly half filled by orcs and tramps.

RickyS
19-08-2011, 05:51 PM
not getting involved in the YAM debate, but...YES i miss the old East. said at the time I would rather have invested in the squad
and gave the old east a face lift.

Antifa Hibs
19-08-2011, 08:23 PM
New East is pish compared to the terracing, verging on the fact I'm starting to hate it. New ones good against Hearts when there's 1-2k up for it and stood. Against everyone else though its dire. The singing section in recent weeks has been an embarrassment. Full of witless dafties that you never seen in the auld stand.

Also when did you last smell hash floating across the stand or empty cans kicking about the bogs?

Give me the old stand every day off the week. Was also alot cheaper!

HibbyAndy
19-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Now this boy may well be a Jambo :agree: I certainly have my reservations :agree:..BUT...YES, I do miss the Old East terracing :agree: Place went radge when scoring against Hearts...The new East just doesnt do it for me one bit, Im aware it makes it look a nice new fancy stadium that looks the part..But i miss the old east terracing bigtime...Scoring against Hearts was carnage in the East.

East terracing fans folk ken whats gaun on..

WindyMiller
19-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Now this boy may well be a Jambo :agree: I certainly have my reservations :agree:..BUT...YES, I do miss the Old East terracing :agree: Place went radge when scoring against Hearts...The new East just doesnt do it for me one bit, Im aware it makes it look a nice new fancy stadium that looks the part..But i miss the old east terracing bigtime...Scoring against Hearts was carnage in the East.

East terracing fans folk ken whats gaun on..

At 35 y.o. you can't really remember the old East Terracing Andy.

:agree:

R'Albin
19-08-2011, 08:59 PM
I wish we were able to keep the East stand longer, I was never really able to properly enjoy terracing because I was really small and could never see:greengrin

Even so I still loved when the whole stand was bouncing when we played Hearts or anyone else for that matter:agree:

HibbyAndy
19-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Great pic :agree:....Google Souness sending off in 86 at Easter rd and thats the East terracing a member :greengrin

WindyMiller
19-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Great pic :agree:....Google Souness sending off in 86 at Easter rd and thats the East terracing a member :greengrin

:shocked:

I googled "Souness pulled off at Easter Road"

lapsedhibee
19-08-2011, 09:17 PM

Looks like Erik Sorensen in goals for Morton. And Neilly Martin for the Hibees? :flag:

WindyMiller
19-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Looks like Erik Sorensen in goals for Morton. And Neilly Martin for the Hibees? :flag:

Willie Hamilton, I think.

Kevvy1875
19-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I miss the old shed. Squad of about 10+ always meeting up in there. Lucky if 4 or 5 turn up now and you end up getting scattered about the ground to your allocated 'seat'. Give me the old bench style so as we can stand again!

jabis
19-08-2011, 09:36 PM

no,total sh..hole with annoying pillars,crap food,woeful toilets,crap seats,.......infact,a bit like the PBS main stand !

down-the-slope
19-08-2011, 09:37 PM

Nope it went over 25 years ago.......................what we had since then till stadium completion was just rubbish

delbert
19-08-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm afraid I dont miss it at all, it was an utter dump, one or two nice bits of course, the board room etc, but dont miss getting changed in the refs room beside the washing machines one bit, and as we were in Europe often in the 60's and the 70's, you have to wonder what some of the visiting 'big boys' made of the facilities. Our stadium now is night and day compared to that. Have to say I miss the old terracing more, freezing cold and blown away many a day up there, but I still remember coming over the top for the first time as a nine year old with my dad in 1969 for a night time friendly against Gornik, floodlights on, place looked magic, I was hooked.

RIP
19-08-2011, 11:34 PM
New East is pish compared to the terracing, verging on the fact I'm starting to hate it. The singing section in recent weeks has been an embarrassment. Full of witless dafties that you never seen in the auld stand.

I'm one of the witless dafties and I've been singing at Easter Road since the 60's - Shed, Gantry, Singing Section. Never seen you though - maybe you are just a user name. :wink:

Where wis yer Antifaction when that bald fat witless daftie was singing racist pash at the Celtic game? No confronting him I'll bet ya. The singing is much better now than it was in the Auld East, place was like a ferkin library towards the end. The sound of Pat Nevin blowing his nose and the guy who used to shout at Nish was usually louder than the singing.

lapsedhibee
20-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Willie Hamilton, I think.

Yeh but to the east of Willie Hamilton, Neilly Martin (I think).

WindyMiller
20-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Yeh but to the east of Willie Hamilton, Neilly Martin (I think).

I was thinking it was Peter Cormack, but you're maybe right LH.

:dunno:

The Falcon
20-08-2011, 07:43 AM
no,total sh..hole with annoying pillars,crap food,woeful toilets,crap seats,.......infact,a bit like the PBS main stand !

Cropley10
20-08-2011, 08:33 AM

Aye, but what word would you use to describe the Yam's sad pusses at the end of the 6-2 game?

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-08-2011, 08:39 AM
The old north stand was simply the best on big days and nights especially in Europe, I was a season ticket holder there for 12 years, do I miss it?, I sure do and the complete lack of any atmosphere at the ground now tells it's own story, but of course time moves on and progress is made but at the end of the day it had to happen some time.

Gettin' Auld
20-08-2011, 08:52 AM
The old north stand was simply the best on big days and nights especially in Europe, I was a season ticket holder there for 12 years, do I miss it?, I sure do and the complete lack of any atmosphere at the ground now tells it's own story, but of course time moves on and progress is made but at the end of the day it had to happen some time.
Now i'm getting even more confused......Maybe i was in a coma for a decade or two and missed something? :wink:

weecounty hibby
20-08-2011, 09:21 AM

My first ever game was against Celtic as a four year old and I was in the old North stand. Absolutely fantastic and that was me from then on. Occasionally went back to the North, just for old times sake, but mainly went to the old enclosure just at the tunnel and from there over to the east when it was still mountainous.

HibeeMG
20-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Gazza88 may well be a lad called Gary who is 22/23 however he may also be recalling Paul Gascoigne's debut for Spurs at Tynecastle in a friendly in 1988.

I'll leave it to the masses to decide! :wink:

weecounty hibby
20-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Now i'm getting even more confused......Maybe i was in a coma for a decade or two and missed something? :wink:

The old main stand had three sections, north, south and centre. Sat in all three at one time or another and it still brings back some good memories. Some not so good also though!

Gettin' Auld
20-08-2011, 09:57 AM
The old main stand had three sections, north, south and centre. Sat in all three at one time or another and it still brings back some good memories. Some not so good also though!

Ah.........Now i uderstand what you meant. Apologies for not being fully awake and easily confuddled when i posted. :thumbsup: