PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

gazza88
19-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Let's start an appeal to get a new billionaire owner. Imagine the possibility of toppling the OF and playing in the champions league not to mention being a hero in Edinburgh. Any ideas?

MWHIBBIES
19-08-2011, 03:57 PM
:aok:

Famous Fiver
19-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Tom Farmer?

gazza88
19-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Mm dunno maybe a sheikh I was thinkin he has already been there.

CropleyWasGod
19-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Mm dunno maybe a sheikh I was thinkin he has already been there.

Sniff sniff.

If it's all the same to you guys, I'm quite happy with the owner we have.

RIP
19-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Let's start an appeal to get a new billionaire owner. Imagine the possibility of toppling the OF and playing in the champions league not to mention being a hero in Edinburgh. Any ideas?

After last night I'm told Vlad was wishing he'd bought Hibs rather than Hearts.

Pumped at home, Shabby ground, Smelly part of Edinburgh, Ugly fans

Nae Class :bye:

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Don't get me wrong I am a die hard but we need to do something.

stokesmessiah
19-08-2011, 04:11 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CropleyWasGod
19-08-2011, 04:11 PM

:faf:

gringojoe
19-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Hold hands and pray? If you have an old lamp maybe you could rub it and get 3 wishes.

lucky
19-08-2011, 04:14 PM

so advertising for a billionaire on .net is doing something :faf: :troll:

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Write to billionaire sheikhs?

CropleyWasGod
19-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Write to billionaire sheikhs?

Open letter?

CropleyWasGod
19-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Hold hands and pray? If you have an old lamp maybe you could rub it and get 3 wishes.

Careful.... that's Craig's Thomson's line. :wink:

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:16 PM
I am not a troll BTW I am a genuine hibs fan. I just thought it may be an attractive proposition to achieve hero status.

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:17 PM

MSK
19-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Mm dunno maybe a sheikh I was thinkin he has already been there.Great idea ..grab a yellow pages & get phoning..let us know if you find one ..:aok:

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:26 PM
I know its not that simple but with enough people behind it nothing is impossible.

CropleyWasGod
19-08-2011, 04:27 PM
I know its not that simple but with enough people behind it nothing is impossible.

Except your task next week......:rolleyes:

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:30 PM
I am not a jambo
Test me.

MSK
19-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I am not a jambo
Test me.Will it involve the use of rubber gloves, a gas mask & a litre of detergent ..?

CropleyWasGod
19-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I am not a jambo
Test me.

That'll work.

Who won the First World War?

Who came second?

Mikey
19-08-2011, 04:33 PM

That'll work.

Who came second?

:greengrin

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Look I have been a season ticket holder in the east for 10 years I'm 22. I drink in the harp an castle and the nip. I'm no a yam

CropleyWasGod
19-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Look I have been a season ticket holder in the east for 10 years I'm 22. I drink in the harp an castle and the nip. I'm no a yam

Well, that's me convinced.:not worth

matty_f
19-08-2011, 04:38 PM

If we got a new owner one would have to hope that he didn't rip the pish out of us the same way that Vlad rips the absolute pish out of the Yams.

I don't think I could cope with an owner who expected their manager and fans to just bend over and take it at every opportunity.

But then, the Yams are spineless welts anyway, don't you agree?

gringojoe
19-08-2011, 04:40 PM

It's no been the nip for ages.

gazza88
19-08-2011, 04:48 PM
The office then was the nip in the good ol days

The Falcon
19-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Sniff sniff.

If it's all the same to you guys, I'm quite happy with the owner we have.

:agree:

lapsedhibee
19-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I am not a jambo
Test me.

That'll work.

Who came second?

:I'm waiti

Franck Stanton
19-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Isn't this what our neighbours from the dark side of the town have done already ? You trying to tell me this is the road you want Hibs to go down ? No thanks, we are far from the finnished article but better our position than that of them, bending over and just taking it whenever the mad one says to.

Gettin' Auld
19-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Mm dunno maybe a sheikh.
Craig Thomson is friendly with a sheikh.............Sheikh Matadger.

jdships
19-08-2011, 06:51 PM

As the Genie says " be careful what you wish for " !!!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
19-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Dont see anything wrong with billionaire owners no matter where the hell they come from.

2 conditions.

1 ) Any money they spend doesnt end up as a debt on Hibs balance sheet that we are left with when they walk away.

2 ) They dont interfere in anything to do with the football side of things apart from signing big personal cheques for transfer fees and wages.

Billionaires get into football for the publicity and the glory. Dont tell me that a Scottish club breaking the OF duopoly and doing well in Europe wouldnt be noticed all over the world. And it could be done for a lot less than it would cost to buy a big English, Spanish or Italian club.

Perhaps STF is happy to go on with his ( it would appear ) 100 year plan to lift Hibs out of mediocrity. Perhaps he is OK with 2 League cups and a handfull of European qualifications in the 21 years he has owned Hibs for. But then STF isnt a football fan.

Unfortunately I am and I want a hell of a lot more from my club than 2 league cup wins, which is the sum total of our acheivements in the 36 years I have been going to watch Hibs.

I am as grateful as the next Hibby for what STF did to save the club and the part he has played in bringing the ground up to scratch. But to be honest that story is getting pretty bloody old and for all of that its been pretty well 'same old same old' on the park since he became owner.

I want to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup before I go to the great stand in the sky, so yes it is time we found a billionaire.

Kaiser1962
19-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Billionaires get into football for the publicity and the glory. Dont tell me that a Scottish club breaking the OF duopoly and doing well in Europe wouldnt be noticed all over the world. And it could be done for a lot less than it would cost to buy a big English, Spanish or Italian club.

It would barely cause a ripple outside these shores. Novelty value in Engurland for about 5 minutes.

gazza88
19-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Let's get banners, campaigns the lot let's get what we deserve!!!

stoneyburn hibs
19-08-2011, 08:20 PM

Aye lets get a huge banner put at the top of Easter Road saying : do not in any way approach gazza88

matty_f
19-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Let's get banners, campaigns the lot let's get what we deserve!!! If you were going to write a banner with a message to the tramps from gorgie, what would you put on it?

LeithBoozy
19-08-2011, 09:25 PM
My banner to the yams would say, to get in touch with UEFA and get the 2nd leg stopped. For pitys sake stop it now. :greengrin

hibee92
20-08-2011, 12:04 AM
is this new owner coming in before or after rudi skacel and paul gasgoine win britain's got talent as a juggling double act?

... just wondering... :rolleyes:

TonyMontana1875
20-08-2011, 05:29 AM
If you were going to write a banner with a message to the tramps from gorgie, what would you put on it?

HMFC STILL EMPLOYING BEASTS or FAT JIM LEFT CAUSE HE KNEW

I hate these gits

Ernie Cobra
20-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Write to billionaire sheikhs?I know he has a few quid but i dot think he's a billionaire.....Whatsmore he is defo a hibby theres and old piano and they play it hot behind the GREEN DOOR....nowt about our manky neighbours, now what's that secret your keeping? I'm willing to bet its your WONGA.com account ya manky filthbucket. (just incase anyone thought that was a personal attack, it is actually the next line in the unedited shaky version as sung by me)

Haymaker
20-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Why would anyone put money into a SPL club?

Seriously

Why?

500miles
20-08-2011, 07:41 AM
What's this "what we deserve" idea that has popped into football fans heads? In Scottish Football, and particularly at Hibs, squad investment is directly linked to attendances.

So we always get "what we deserve" in terms of investment anyway.

The Falcon
20-08-2011, 07:44 AM

knock yourself out :aok:

steakbake
20-08-2011, 07:52 AM
I am not a troll BTW I am a genuine hibs fan. I just thought it may be an attractive proposition to achieve hero status.

we're struggling for fans right now. I don't think anyone would suggest we can turn folk away, even if they are supernatural beings. I for one think the folk in the disabled sections should bunch up a wee bit cos there's plenty of room for some centaurs, ogres and giants. as for the sylphs, wood faeries and elves, I reckon we could get 2-3 to a seat. and they'd all be paying full whack... Petrie, get it sorted.

SquashedFrogg
20-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Jeezo, what a night!

Spent all night making my banner whilst getting ready for D-day :agree:

Chapped a few neighbours doors this morning but still not found a billionaire. The search continues I guess :greengrin

Hibbyradge
20-08-2011, 08:26 AM
My good god.

R'Albin
20-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Jeezo, what a night!

Spent all night making my banner whilst getting ready for D-day :agree:

Chapped a few neighbours doors this morning but still not found a billionaire. The search continues I guess :greengrin

:greengrin

cad
20-08-2011, 09:17 AM
As for a new owner I very much doubt it , if Sir Toms done it correctly we should be self sufficient and an on going concern as far as Scottish footballs goes , produce the talent then sell .

The leagues bought by the Uglies every year ,any guy or gal who's got a few bob would seriously have to question they're sanity if they ever get involved in Scottish football its a shambles from top to bottom ,sectarianism, Sky TV, stupid kick off times , the price of watching dross ,the negatives are endless ,whats the positives for Hibs and Scottish football ??

The only positive I can see is we are self sufficient but if the crowds drop more and the football gets less entertaining if thats possible ,the training centre and stadium glorious as they are will be for naught ,the crowds cant pay for the quality player to raise us above the terrible standard ,
so we pay what we pay and you get what you get for £2000,£1500,£4000 per week as a player .

Even if , and its a big if, if you did get a super duper mega rich Patsy ,who would come to Scotland to play football,as football goes its a wilderness ,
as much as I loved Hearts getting themselves ripped a new arse ,they were how many points ahead of us at the end of the season ,
I dread to think what Spurs would have done to Hibs .

TBH how much do you think it would cost to make Hibs a force in the crappiest league in Christendom ,£20,£30 £50 million more ,
so imagine your a diehard Hibee dafty whos won the first £200 million Euro lotto and half goes to the glorious £100 Million smackeroos ,
would 3rd place still be a result .:wink:

whiskyhibby
20-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Careful.... that's Craig's Thomson's line. :wink:

:faf::faf::faf: