PDA

View Full Version : Who should I support

Keith_M
19-08-2011, 01:47 PM
In less than two weeks, I'm emigrating permanently to a town close to Munich

If this was you, would you decide to support a local team? If so, which one and why?

The choices in the city are obviously record champions Bayern and (currently) 2nd division TSV 1860. There are some other teams within reasonable travelling distance.

-----------------------

Fortunately, Easyjet do a daily service from Munich to Edinburgh, so I can come home now and again and watch a proper team :wink:

green&left
19-08-2011, 01:52 PM
TSV 1860

You'll get a true taste of German fitba there as opposed to the corporate bullshi* that'll be getting dished out at Bayern. Off course the Allianz will still be worth a visit, just not on match days :greengrin:

LancashireHibby
19-08-2011, 02:01 PM
TSV. You can't follow the "big team".

GloryGlory
19-08-2011, 02:04 PM
TSV 1860

You'll get a true taste of German fitba there as opposed to the corporate bullshi* that'll be getting dished out at Bayern. Off course the Allianz will still be worth a visit, just not on match days :greengrin:

TSV play at the Allianz, don't they. They change the lightning to give the stadium a blue glow, instead of the red for Bayern.

heretoday
19-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Follow Bayern and TSV both. Let's face it. You're a Hibby. Anything else is just pretend.

Keith_M
19-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm coming round to the idea of TSV as well. I'm not sure it would feel right going to see a team who actually win most games, it sounds very 'un-hibby' like :wink:

Never mind, I'll be at ER tomorrow, to say farewell to the East Stand pies.

p.s. Bayern tickets also seem to be sold out well in advance of games, so I suppose that's the clincher.

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Bayern for me, give yourself some excitement for a change. :greengrin

Keith_M
19-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Only thing is, after 30 odd years as a Hibby, I'm not sure my heart's ready for excitement.

:greengrin

.Sean.
19-08-2011, 02:22 PM
TSV. You can't follow the "big team". Big team? When did Hearts relocate to Munich?

JeMeSouviens
19-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Whoever's playing Bayern, aka the Huns' Huns.

LancashireHibby
19-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Big team? When did Hearts relocate to Munich?

Exactly the angle I was going for :wink:

DC_Hibs
19-08-2011, 03:33 PM
If it was me I would go to Nürnberg for decent club/atmosphere/football. Not the best stadium with running track but fans are up there with the best.

A fair trek by UK standards but football ticket gives free travel for half the journey before and after in Nürnberg region with Regional Bahn or get a sparpreis on ICE and half the journey time.

I'd also go to a few 1860 games altho playing in that size of stadium knackers the experience a bit.

F Bayern.

Or just travel to the likes of Stuttagart and Lautern as well depending on what games stand out.

Hibrandenburg
19-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Werder. Ok so they're not directly in the neighbourhood but think of the advantages.

1. You can wear your Hibs kit when watching them.

2. They're playing so badly at the moment that it'll be just like watching Hibs.

3. There's so many Bayern glory hunters throughout Germany that it'll make you 'wind swept and interesting' to support another team whilst living in Munich.

4. I'll never ever ever ever forgive you if you end up supporting that shower of profile neurotic arschlöcher.

Keith_M
19-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Werder. Ok so they're not directly in the neighbourhood but think of the advantages.

2. They're playing so badly at the moment that it'll be just like watching Hibs.

3. There's so many Bayern glory hunters throughout Germany that it'll make you 'wind swept and interesting' to support another team whilst living in Munich.

4. I'll never ever ever ever forgive you if you end up supporting that shower of profile neurotic arschlöcher.

OK, Bayern it is then :greengrin

Oh aye, and when are we forming the German branch of the Hibs Supporters club? I'm sure there's more than just us.

Lofarl
19-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Edinburgh/Livi supporters club have a link up with Dortmund I think.

Hibrandenburg
19-08-2011, 04:03 PM
OK, Bayern it is then :greengrin

Oh aye, and when are we forming the German branch of the Hibs Supporters club? I'm sure there's more than just us.

Right where's my Christmas card list :-)

HiBremian
19-08-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm coming round to the idea of TSV as well. I'm not sure it would feel right going to see a team who actually win most games, it sounds very 'un-hibby' like :wink:

That's what makes it so easy for me to support Werder here in Bremen. Not only are they in green and white, but their ups and downs last season were uncannily paralleling Hibs.

p.s. Bayern tickets also seem to be sold out well in advance of games, so I suppose that's the clincher.

And that's what makes it so difficult - Werder are nearly always sold out too:confused::confused:

HiBremian
19-08-2011, 04:25 PM

Missed that post, Paul:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

(((Fergus)))
19-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Exactly. You've paid your dues following Hibs, get some payback while you can.

(((Fergus)))
19-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Whoever's playing Bayern, aka the Huns' Huns.

Bayern were suppressed by the Nazis, whereas TSV won the league during the war.

TSV are the real huns.

(((Fergus)))
19-08-2011, 04:58 PM
If it was me I would go to Nürnberg for decent club/atmosphere/football. Not the best stadium with running track but fans are up there with the best.

A fair trek by UK standards but football ticket gives free travel for half the journey before and after in Nürnberg region with Regional Bahn or get a sparpreis on ICE and half the journey time.

I'd also go to a few 1860 games altho playing in that size of stadium knackers the experience a bit.

F Bayern.

Or just travel to the likes of Stuttagart and Lautern as well depending on what games stand out.

Nuernberg is a decent compromise but it is a long way from Munich. Fans are great, team is too reminiscent of Hibs though - disappointment guaranteed.

Hibrandenburg
19-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Missed that post, Paul:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Is that you Richard? Have you become an 'Ostkurve Fischkopf'? :-)

Luna Landing
19-08-2011, 08:25 PM
There's always Unterhaching but I'd go for 1860 the real Munich team