PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hillsborough petition

JeMeSouviens
19-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Sign this to stop the government covering up the truth:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2199

Niffy
19-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Some details as to what it's all about would be handy.

Wembley67
19-08-2011, 01:38 PM
I thought that even if it hit the 100k then there is still no guarantee that any info will be disclosed?

Scouse Hibee
19-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Done.

LancashireHibby
19-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Signed.

JeMeSouviens
19-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Some details as to what it's all about would be handy.

Sorry.

The BBC have requested information about how the government of the day (Thatch's tories) handled the aftermath of Hillsborough, and the Information Commissioner ruled that they should get it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14296590

However, the current government have so far refused to hand it over and are appealing the ruling. If the petition gets 100K signatures then the House of Commons automatically has to consider holding a debate on the issue. Basically, it's about creating pressure on the government to hand over the files. Anything that gets more information out there is a good thing in my book.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14589428

erin go bragh
19-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Done, pretty shocking that after all these years the truth has never came out.

Stevie Reid
19-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Signed. I was in Primary 7 when Hillsborough happened, and shortly after the event I remember my P7 teacher going on an emotional rant about how tragically inept everything was that day, from the policing to the empty oxygen cannisters in the stands.

The exact same fixture at the same venue the year before had been organised perfectly as well.

LancashireHibby
19-08-2011, 02:40 PM
The exact same fixture at the same venue the year before had been organised perfectly as well.

I was under the impression that the previous years' game had actually seen a certain amount of overcrowding in the Leppings Lane End but the warnings weren't heeded?

AustinHibee
19-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Done

Stevie Reid
19-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I was under the impression that the previous years' game had actually seen a certain amount of overcrowding in the Leppings Lane End but the warnings weren't heeded?

As far as I know, steps were taken to ensure that those without tickets couldn't get anywhere near the ground due to police barriers being set up in the area surrounding the ground in the first fixture - this was not done the following year.

There may still have been some overcrowding the previous year, I don't know about that - but the police were not as stringent in keeping non ticket holders away from the ground the following year.

CFC
19-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Wonder what new information came to light? One thing I do know the CCTV footage of the Leppings lane end magically went missing overnight between the Saturday and Sunday, wonder if it was ever retrieved?

West Upper
19-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Signed.

Woody1985
19-08-2011, 03:23 PM
What is the aim?

What is there to find out? That there were lax crowd control measures in place?

What is the motive for this? To blame someone?

All genuine questions as I only know what I've read in papers.

The jist of it seems to be that people died through poor controls on the day.

Is the issue now that people want to know if the government downplayed the poor controls? If so, what will it achieve if proven?

JimBHibees
19-08-2011, 03:34 PM
What is the aim?

Is the issue now that people want to know if the government downplayed the poor controls? If so, what will it achieve if proven?

The truth I supopose as I think it was genuinely felt that the initial inquiry didnt cover key aspects of what happened on the day. I think they didnt consider anything that happened after a certain time 3.15 or so. You can be sure if one of my family had been killed in such a circumstance the least that I would expect was to have access to all relevant information. I think the question that should be asked is why is the government keen not to disclose.

CFC
19-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah the coroner deemed the investigation only to run to 315, so its deemed therafter that more could have been done to save those that died from then on. However the actions of the emergency services then onwards are/were not subject to scrutiny as per coroner ruling (see above)

Hibs On Tour
20-08-2011, 05:54 AM
Think terming it 'blame' is wrong. Its accountability that is being sought and rightly so. 96 people died entirely needlessly that day due to the ineptitude of those in charge and its shameful that to date no-one has been made accountable for this. Reason being is that for someone to be held accountable now [as they should have been originally, of course] would expose the cover-up that's been made to date. Evidence 'went missing', OB were proven to have lied, lots and lots of bad stuff went on and the families of those who died have never had what any reasonable person would term 'justice'.

RIP

joe breezy
20-08-2011, 06:40 AM
I've heard a rumour there are hateful communiques between Thatcher & the police so the Tories are wanting to wait till she dies till they release all info - that's what my Liverpool supporting pal suggests.

CFC
20-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Joe what do you mean by hateful communiques? Is it suggested that Thatcher herself masterminded the cover up? I believe she visited Hillsborough on the Sunday and conferenced with the SYP superintendent. One thing I will say pretty disgraceful that West Mids police were in charge of the investigation they have an horrendous reputation for dealing with football fans notwithstanding how can one police force investigate another impartialy?

sahib
20-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Joe what do you mean by hateful communiques? Is it suggested that Thatcher herself masterminded the cover up? I believe she visited Hillsborough on the Sunday and conferenced with the SYP superintendent. One thing I will say pretty disgraceful that West Mids police were in charge of the investigation they have an horrendous reputation for dealing with football fans notwithstanding how can one police force investigate another impartialy?

Was the crush due to over selling of tickets? I mean were more tickets sold than there was space available.

LancashireHibby
20-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Was the crush due to over selling of tickets? I mean were more tickets sold than there was space available.

Tickets only applied for the stand as a whole rather than each 'pen' on the terrace - the problem lied with continuing to herd people in to an overcrowded pen rather than directing people to the emptier pens on either side of the goal.

Scouse Hibee
20-08-2011, 08:36 PM

:agree: Spot on, I was in the Leppings Lane centre pen the year before as well and it was overcrowded and frightening at times.

cad
21-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Signed ,

Justice for the 96

Remember.

Remember the day,
Back in ’89?
When football meant nothing,
‘Cos of 96 dying.

Remember the day,
When a duty of care,
Was shamefully denied,
To all that were there.

Remember the horror,
Of a crushed Leppings lane,
All the sons and the daughters,
That never came home again.

Remember the sun,
And the nice April heat,
As our beloved Red men,
Were dragged from their feet.

Rememeber the police,
And the lies that they told,
And the wrath of the press,
Before the dead were even cold.

Remember the S*n,
And it’s vicious, evil lies,
And the way that the country,
Believed what they saw with their eyes.

Sixteen year later,
Still some people still say,
That the Merseyside reds,
Caused the deaths on that day.

Remember that ignorance,
Must be challenged in full,
And replace all the lies,
With the truth of it all.

So Remember today,
And remember forever,
That until justice is done,
We will fight on forever.

Justice!

YNWA,

Mike Nicholson

Woody1985
23-08-2011, 11:06 AM
There's now enough signatures on the petition for it to be considered for discussion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-14623591

Wembley67
23-08-2011, 11:14 AM
There's now enough signatures on the petition for it to be considered for discussion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-14623591

Key word being considered, unfortunately.

Sammy7nil
23-08-2011, 11:17 AM
What is the aim?

Woody I know what you are saying But if your Father, Son or brother I think you would want to know.

Bad Martini
23-08-2011, 11:38 AM
The truth here is the police, the government, the FA, the whole ****ing lot of them have made a mess of this from the off i.e. since the point on the tragic day when 96 football FANS (many of which were kids, lots of whom were well under 16) went to watch a game of fitba and never, ever returned.

Not bad enough to have lost family and friends, there was the most sickening pish in the ****my sun which will never be forgotten. Blatant lies about crowd trouble (there was none), thefts, violence, etc etc. No need to cover it; its akin to Kelvin McKenzie being the **** he is and overseeing the pish he did. It's him all over. As I recall, the King was interviewed not so long ago and discussed this matter. McKenzie called him and asked how he could put it all right (inveriably NOT through a sudden found concience but to increase his rag sales on Merseyside which, are rightly, less than **** all due to their lies). Told, quite clearly, by the King - it's simple. Print, in the same size letters and in the same front page headline as your nonsense "WE LIED". "cant do that" said McKenzie. "Cant help you" said the King. Personall, I wouldnt have given the ******* McKenzie the time of day.

Back to the point. The issue here was simple; the police did not act in any way to resolve the obvious crowding which was occuring in the Leppings Lane end, in the pens (which, by their design and nature were an accident waiting to happen). The pens werent big enough to accomodate the support at best and when fans were diverted into the already busy pens, whilst others lay empty, the inevitable and tragic outcome followed and 96 innocent football fans died.

Since then, not ****ing ONCE have the police, the government or anyone else in a position of authority said "we got it wrong, we're sorry". And the reasons are twofold; the ramifications and, the cost. Sick as it is, they will never freely admit liabilty for fear of what it could do their careers and their coffers.

Reality, the families arent in this for money or to see folk lose their jobs (though those 2 outcomes should potentially happen anyway once what we all know is proven), they are seeking justice. They are seeking clarity and they are seeking the TRUTH......decades with no truth and still lost family members whilst this government seeks to keep this buried.

Say what you like about Andy Burnham but he has more integrity from where I am sitting than most politicians. He turned up at Anfield for the Annual Hillsborugh Service, took pelters and boo's from the crowd initially, being a government minister, and promised to get the papers uncovered and the process moving. He was and is true to his word and done that. The King acknowledged this too last week. Reality; that IS what politicians should do and for that, he deserves respect.

The petition will not in itself change anything. It wont bring back 96 football fans who done nothing wrong. It wont change the events that day and it wont guarantee anything. It's a statement though. Where plenty folk use the death of these fans and the Liverpool punters chasing justice as something to beat them with (something which defies belief frankly), it proves there's more than a few people in agreement.

Folk can slag the Scousers all they want. This disaster seen a line of scarves tied from Anfield to Goodison and back, seen public outpouring of genuine emotion for a terrible UNJUSTIFIED and UNREQUIRED loss and seen people (for a short while) stand together, in the name of fitba. Generally a dividing factor in most places.

It should never have happened. It didnt NEED to happen and the very least THIS government can do, is give the families justice, the information they need and deserve and allow them to start the process of moving on, having been subject to decades without said justice, none of which was down to them or, their innocent family members who never returned.

JFT96. WALK ON.

Woody1985
23-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Woody I know what you are saying But if your Father, Son or brother I think you would want to know.

I agree, I wasn't clear on what it was they wanted to know and the reason for knowing it.

I think it's been answered by the investigation officially closed at 15:15 and not after.

Re the 'considered', I agree it's unfortuate and it will probably just get rejected.

23-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for putting this up, the more it's spread around the better. Signed.

Justice for the 96 :agree:

basehibby
23-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Done - WTF have Cameron et al got to hide? - they were barely out of nappies when Hillsborough happened :confused:

H18sry
25-08-2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kd-welcomes-hillsborough-news :thumbsup: